• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 4
The best is yet to come ;)
Hi to the community of SC, my first post here... Finished previous patch like 5 times solo in all different difficult lvls (not heroic) and tasted 5 different heroes, btw very interesting and unique spells for each one, and I really like combinations that you can get with same hero. Master chambers still close to me, not so lucky about the rarest key and just got 2 dragons aspects in a single playtrough (Ysera and Nozdormu)

To Spas... I check it out the new patch and realize that it's only about items and heroes balanced (I like Aphotecary from beginning), but you said previously that the west area would be a big develop for the map... My question is: are you still waiting for W3 patch to create bigger maps? or are you already working for the biggest change to the map?

EDIT: Hahahah common!! Description of DA says about 5... Not 2, but at least after a lot of tries (even like 3 deaths of rogue blinking on enemies and not reaching behind the doors) finally I got HoWrest!

Edit 2: The item is very good, but to me it still be in a legendary category item, I don't find a reason to upgrade it to an artifact category... For example I would be doubtful choosing this item vs Skycaller

Last edited:

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hi to the community of SC, my first post here... Finished previous patch like 5 times solo in all different difficult lvls (not heroic) and tasted 5 different heroes, btw very interesting and unique spells for each one, and I really like combinations that you can get with same hero. Master chambers still close to me, not so lucky about the rarest key and just got 2 dragons aspects in a single playtrough (Ysera and Nozdormu)

To Spas... I check it out the new patch and realize that it's only about items and heroes balanced (I like Aphotecary from beginning), but you said previously that the west area would be a big develop for the map... My question is: are you still waiting for W3 patch to create bigger maps? or are you already working for the biggest change to the map?

EDIT: Hahahah common!! Description of DA says about 5... Not 2, but at least after a lot of tries (even like 3 deaths of rogue blinking on enemies and not reaching behind the doors) finally I got HoWrest!

Edit 2: The item is very good, but to me it still be in a legendary category item, I don't find a reason to upgrade it to an artifact category... For example I would be doubtful choosing this item vs Skycaller
It's an artifact because of the stats. It doesnt have equip effect, but the stats it give are superior compare to other.

Level 1
Hey guys, i got stuck near the Western Entrance. I recently picked up that Staff of Ata'lai and cleared all enemies near the four obelisks nearby, but i have no idea how to activate them or progress in any other way. (version 2.3.9a)
Thanks for any hints

Level 7
Hi Spasmaster, could you tell me where you found the model of the statue of a guy in a cloak with a sword in his hands? It's nearly the same statue as the statue in the Black Citadel tileset that can be placed on a wall, just in yellow and green colors. I have searched a lot already but i couldn't find all custom doodads for the Broken Isles from your map.
Greetings

Level 1
Hey guys, i got stuck near the Western Entrance. I recently picked up that Staff of Ata'lai and cleared all enemies near the four obelisks nearby, but i have no idea how to activate them or progress in any other way. (version 2.3.9a)
Thanks for any hints

I am in the 2.4.1.. and i activete the obelisc using inspect on It. But it's my First time

Level 2
So I'm unsure what causes it, but sometimes when the Windmaster uses his dodge spell he instantly dies and like, gets removed from the map. I have no idea why this happens; just suddenly *poof* you're gone.

Level 1
I am in the 2.4.1.. and i activete the obelisc using inspect on It. But it's my First time

Thank you, i have no idea why it didn't work the first time. Well now i finished the story and most of the stuff on the map. However i still got two things i have no idea how to do. One being Old Rituals quest, i don't know where to find the thing troll lost near the Western Entrance. Second being the third Royal Ruby, i got the one after the Satyr boss and the one from wooden barrel in the woods. Any hints on that?

Level 4
Thank you, i have no idea why it didn't work the first time. Well now i finished the story and most of the stuff on the map. However i still got two things i have no idea how to do. One being Old Rituals quest, i don't know where to find the thing troll lost near the Western Entrance. Second being the third Royal Ruby, i got the one after the Satyr boss and the one from wooden barrel in the woods. Any hints on that?

The troll item is I think randomly generated but it is still in the forest Area before you enter the library, as for the ruby the last one you missing is actually the first you were supposed to find, check around the entrance to the water works, use insert and delete buttons.

Level 1
The troll item is I think randomly generated but it is still in the forest Area before you enter the library, as for the ruby the last one you missing is actually the first you were supposed to find, check around the entrance to the water works, use insert and delete buttons.

Got it, thank you very much.

Level 1
Hi there!
First of all, congratulations to the author (евала!!!) for a great map!
Just started playing this with a friend, but we are stuck as we can't open the Massive Door, which is just after the water elemental Boss where some alliance troops are fighting with temple guards. Watched a video where the players opened it using an explosive, but we already wasted that in the Vault. Can we get more explosives or is there any other way to progress further?

Level 2
Hey Spas.

I've been a big fan of SC like the last 3 years already and the latest patch is amazing, good job dude. Little sad to see Primal Guardian go since he was my favorite strength hero.. however I now have new favorite heroes due to the changes to monk and warrior :). Also new "shadow" priest is awesome.

Any chances there will ever be a patch with option or mode that allows picking heroes from the same stat group?
It would be so much fun with all the different combinations you could do. Like tank paladin, healer shaman and dps druid. Just thinking that because new talents allow heroes play multiple roles, priest can do dps or heal, warrior can dps or tank, monk can heal or tank or dps. Warlock thats considered "healer" hero actually in my level 1 dps testing beat everyone with 112 dps.

Level 4
I completed the For the Horde challenge, but didn't gain control of the grunt.
well this is common problem , to get the grunt "you or a unit you control must land the killing blow on the naga"

Used the 1st one to open a huge ass door and the 2nd one to get the cloak. Now I have a tiara and a torch and I have no idea where to go with them.

now u need to open the gate in front on the wisp , use the key in the hall above the boss battle, to get it read the books shelves . if u done this already use the touch to lit some braziers .

Also just wanted to say the new necro has weaker summoning ability but better sustain , i love him in multiplayer now not so much in SP. Nice that this map has balance changes.

Level 4
Then where do you get the first one from? We got that one.
Yeah it's a hard life running in there for the first time, the first explosive can be found in front of the water works entrance, behind the rolling door, u gonna need a key , can be found on the table above the shop and night elf quest giver. Inspect it.

Level 10
Hey, just wanted to leave a short feedback here. I am not going to tell, whats all so awesome about this map, because the same reasons have probably been said a houndred times :)
So i just come to the conclusion: 5/5! Thx for making this wonderful map.

Level 1
Yeah it's a hard life running in there for the first time, the first explosive can be found in front of the water works entrance, behind the rolling door, u gonna need a key , can be found on the table above the shop and night elf quest giver. Inspect it.
Omg thanks so much! Spent ages snooping around that place and never realised this is a door :X

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
chameleon sword recipe is wrong.
And the seaspine dummy unit is considered a worker and display idle peon icon.
Tinker static shock doesn't teleport goblin clockwerk when used with forstwhisper effect.
Can you tell me what u use for the Chameleon Sword? Static Shock sometimes doesnt teleport your goblins (known bug), but is it 100% if you pair it with Frostwhisper?

Level 2
I found the secret level portal behind the rarest key door. But when I inspect it, it just teleports my screen to the lower right corner but doesn't reveal anything. When I went back to my character, the portal was gone. Soo I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if that was bugged.

Last edited:
Level 1
Tested this bug twice with a friend and it works consistently both times.
Warlock talent: (name forgot) which makes siphon life on allied demons deal 200% more damage and 40% dmg reduction applies to allies as well when siphoning a demon.
E.g. Friend was a beserker who would AA for ~55 would hit for 160 instead and w for 600dmg level 1.

Level 1
Love the map, have been a fan of it since it came out. Only recently finally managed to get some friends to play it as well (they loved it too). We cleared almost all the map but there's one part we couldn't figure out, and it's gone to the point that I'd like to ask for some help here. I'm pretty sure I know what I need to do to get into the titan vault (make a tool at a blacksmithing item somewhere using its two components and a potion with some questionable ingredients) Got the potion and the handle just fine, but for the head, which I'm pretty sure we need to visit a grave and sprinkle it with some blood, we can't find the damn King's Blood. We've replayed the map about 5 times now and still can't find it. So can someone give us some hints as to where it is?

Level 1
Hi, thanks for the amazing map SpazMaster!

I've been playing it around the course of two days with my friend. We are taking everything slowly, reading up on merchant items, talents, glyphs, looking for secrets etc. Because of that the save file swelled up to 60 megabytes and war3 crashed twice while saving the game setting us back. It is played on relatively modern laptop with 4 gb of ram and war3 version 1.26 and map version 2.3.1. It was pretty disheartening to retread the same path for an hour.

Have anyone experienced crashes during saves in Sunken City? How to prevent crashes from happening in the future? The save file will continue to grow and I imagine it will lead to more crashes. Is switching to more recent war3 version going to help? What is the recommended war3 version for Sunken City anyway? Frankly I am not sure why save file grows to such sizes at all, it is many times larger than the map itself now.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Have anyone experienced crashes during saves in Sunken City? How to prevent crashes from happening in the future? The save file will continue to grow and I imagine it will lead to more crashes. Is switching to more recent war3 version going to help? What is the recommended war3 version for Sunken City anyway? Frankly I am not sure why save file grows to such sizes at all, it is many times larger than the map itself now.
Unfortunately what you are facing is a Warcraft issue. You as a player can do nothing about this.
I, on the other hand, as a mapmaker can do certain minor improvements, but never to the point where I can completely resolve the issue.

As a reference, I know for a fact that during the average time to complete the map (3.5 - 4.5 hours) you shouldn't encounter any issues.

Level 1
Unfortunately what you are facing is a Warcraft issue. You as a player can do nothing about this.
I, on the other hand, as a mapmaker can do certain minor improvements, but never to the point where I can completely resolve the issue.

As a reference, I know for a fact that during the average time to complete the map (3.5 - 4.5 hours) you shouldn't encounter any issues.
I see, thank you for the reply! We will probably restart the run then, it will be much faster second time around.

Level 1
Hei guys! I passed over the volcano where there was the elemental near the top of the map and I found a skeleton with a legendary weapon. I can not remember the name. but is there an event about this or is it just for fun?

Level 4
Hei guys! I passed over the volcano where there was the elemental near the top of the map and I found a skeleton with a legendary weapon. I can not remember the name. but is there an event about this or is it just for fun?
That's just an Easter egg from a old version of the map. So I heard.

Level 2
Hello, please tell me how to fix the lever and take the key from the twin corridors ?
We pass this wonderful map together with a friend, and I got stuck at this point, I can not understand how to fix the lever to raise the panel and pick up the key from a twin corridor.
I hope on you!!!
Sorry for bad eng)

Level 2
Love the map, have been a fan of it since it came out. Only recently finally managed to get some friends to play it as well (they loved it too). We cleared almost all the map but there's one part we couldn't figure out, and it's gone to the point that I'd like to ask for some help here. I'm pretty sure I know what I need to do to get into the titan vault (make a tool at a blacksmithing item somewhere using its two components and a potion with some questionable ingredients) Got the potion and the handle just fine, but for the head, which I'm pretty sure we need to visit a grave and sprinkle it with some blood, we can't find the damn King's Blood. We've replayed the map about 5 times now and still can't find it. So can someone give us some hints as to where it is?

Yeah finding all of the components can be pretty tricky. There's a small area with some glyphs on the ground near the area with the 3 bosses that you can access once you beat the satyr boss. Pay attention to the order that the glyphs are in. Go to the area next to the optional troll dungeon and you'll have to inspect the circles on the ground to change their colors. Then take that item back to the area with the glyphs, you'll need to use the item in the correct order on the glyphs and you'll get another item. Use that item on the skeleton that can only be killed with endless fire (I think that's what his description was).

Level 1
Yeah finding all of the components can be pretty tricky. There's a small area with some glyphs on the ground near the area with the 3 bosses that you can access once you beat the satyr boss. Pay attention to the order that the glyphs are in. Go to the area next to the optional troll dungeon and you'll have to inspect the circles on the ground to change their colors. Then take that item back to the area with the glyphs, you'll need to use the item in the correct order on the glyphs and you'll get another item. Use that item on the skeleton that can only be killed with endless fire (I think that's what his description was).
Thank you! A million thank yous!

And here I was thinking that the T.Y.F.P. part just mean thank you for playing... Now to find that rarest key for the master's chamber. Hope it's not just a random drop from chests like the tokens are.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi,

It says on Agility heroes that each point of agility increases attack speed by 0,5% up to a cap of 100%. Does anyone know if items that add directly to the attack speed are affected by this cap?

Level 1
Is it okay to ask the questions right in this thread? I am new and not very familiar with etiquette here.

If yes, my question is this: what is the difference between "Grants you x% increased Attack Damage" (Dragonslayer) and "Increases damage dealt by auto attacks by x%" (Desolation Reaver)?

EDIT: Second question: how does the crit chance on Berserker's talent (1% critical chance for 1% of missing health) interact with regular crit chance from items?

Last edited:

Moy

Moy

Level 49
I enjoyed it even though I haven't finished it yet. Would recommend the game to my friends, now I know why this became a hosted project and gained a director's cut rating. I loved the puzzles btw (and I surely love puzzles) it made me think for minutes and sometimes hours (lol). Will wait for a remastered version XD

Level 4
All leggendary itens are orage true? I found the items comes from eye of the titan. Are there some others in the map?
I'm guessing the deathknight exclusive legendary is orange, other than that I think the legends are all with the mysterious shop in the vault.