• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Again, this place is really SUSPECT, and i'm sure that i'm not the first who found it, I've finished this map with 90% of heroes and was never spamclicking the Scepter. If such a losers like muzzle still think that if their ultimate brain was unable to beat this puzzle then everybody who've done it are in suspect - the only one thing i can say in this case - just that his "ultimate brain" is not wiser than average Russian)

To spasorc - if I was able to cheat with map than why was I asking you some questions constantly - from version to version? If so - I would open the left door and lose interest to your map. But neither do I. What purpose I have for cheating (and I'm sure if it could be possible to open your map - muzzle the ultimate would be the first who'd do it - but I suppose he can't) - to impress nerds with Tablet? I wish you'd be more appreciative to somebody who highly respect your work.

P.S. I suppose that your map will be in iccup "chost list" soon, be sure.

I never said you cheated. Right?

What is iccup? "Chosen list"? >.>

Level 1
actually i think i found out how to get the first artifact there are some items called ancient tablet they form a sentence .. how many of them are they O.O i found A/K anyway the Hammer of the Five aspects its impossible to get i dont know anything about garthok axe

One of the Best maps i ever seen Good job Spasorc and all of your friends :)

Level 3
Thank you very much for this amazing map. I played it and replayed it enjoying it every time. I love this map. Keep up the good work :)

Level 2
erm guys?can anyone tell me how to make the str legendary weapon?i can do it b4 version 9.0 out,after version 9.0,there were few chg about the sulfuras weapon,how to make the elemental forger?i found the forge but cant do anything,,i try to click,drop,move.....all useless........pls tell me how to do it pls,thx guys

Level 4
erm guys?can anyone tell me how to make the str legendary weapon?i can do it b4 version 9.0 out,after version 9.0,there were few chg about the sulfuras weapon,how to make the elemental forger?i found the forge but cant do anything,,i try to click,drop,move.....all useless........pls tell me how to do it pls,thx guys

Just kill FireLord and read his book. Nothing more - all is said in Sulfurus Legend that you'd obtain after killing FL.
It is said in the recipe that you need Elemental Forger (that is 100% dropping from FireLord) and Eye of Sulfurus - its recipe is in every shop and its components too - except Mote Of Fire - this is the only one thing that depends on lucky drop - but I can't remember a game when mote wasn't dropped from some creep.
After combining Eye of Sulfurus and obtaining Elemental Forger from FireLord all you have to do is to place both of it in your inventory, come to the forge and click on elemental forger in your inventory.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Just kill FireLord and read his book. Nothing more - all is said in Sulfurus Legend that you'd obtain after killing FL.
It is said in the recipe that you need Elemental Forger (that is 100% dropping from FireLord) and Eye of Sulfurus - its recipe is in every shop and its components too - except Mote Of Fire - this is the only one thing that depends on lucky drop - but I can't remember a game when mote wasn't dropped from some creep.
After combining Eye of Sulfurus and obtaining Elemental Forger from FireLord all you have to do is to place both of it in your inventory, come to the forge and click on elemental forger in your inventory.

Exactly. :thumbs_up: :)

Level 2
i found out a bug,the new str hero named 'reaver' cant take the elemental forger in it inventory,after take it, the item will auto drop,it only can put in backpack and cant put on hand inventory.that why i cant make sulfuras,other str hero can take the elemental forger juz him cant....pls fixed it,i love this hero so much

Level 14
more bugs:
- goblin sappers attacks create dummyunits, if you attack an enemy that stands on a teleporter they trigger the camera pan. (camera should only pan if a hero enters the area)
- healing mantra triggers the diabolic scepters +2 max hp, since healing mantra has no CD you can spam it to get infinity hp quickly

Last edited:
Level 2
Good map. I am author Diablo Defense Survival (epicwar.com and dl)
1) Solo is very difficult to play, to make it easier.
Add first healing potion merchant box. Add new items, +1 armor, +1 hp reg, +3 dmg...
Add new items, +1 armor, +1 hp reg, +3 dmg...
Re-extraction of gold slave. 1 gold per 5 sec => 6 gold per 30 sec. And that was divided by the number of players playing. 1 player 6 gold per 30 sec, 2 players 3 gold per 30 sec (each), 3 players 2 gold per sec (each).
2) Fix bugs.
Do not use "S".....
Are critical bugs, drop for game.
3) Improve gameplay.
Trap with spikes very easy to pass if you know how. Simply click constantly when the spikes go down, then the hero will rise when the bridge.
Cup of Midas imba. Need to change bonuses 1 gold per 3 sec => 5 sec. Item gives 7 str+int, 2 hp reg, 15% as aura, 10% ms aura and 1 gold per 3 sec FOR 1000 GOLD!!!
Make it so that you can skip movie.
0.8% hp regen is 0.8!!!!!! (stats)
Change hotkey stats menu!!! ESC bad hotkey. Better to make it appear by entering -SM.

Level 14
agree
1) Solo is very difficult to play, to make it easier.
why, its a teamplay map, no need to solo it (and if you read this thread, a lot ppl soloed it with different heroes on hardest mode)
Add new items, +1 armor, +1 hp reg, +3 dmg...
imo there are enough low-cost items, i never bought them anyway since its better to just buy the stuff you can use for recipes
Trap with spikes very easy to pass if you know how. Simply click constantly when the spikes go down, then the hero will rise when the bridge.
think its fine :>>
Cup of Midas imba. Need to change bonuses 1 gold per 3 sec => 5 sec. Item gives 7 str+int, 2 hp reg, 15% as aura, 10% ms aura and 1 gold per 3 sec FOR 1000 GOLD!!!
gold is only a problem in the beginning, in lategame you run around with 4000 gold and dont know what to spend it on.
So an item that gives gold over time isnt that imba, it just means you can go afk for some hours to get much gold early - but thats really not the point of the game.
Make it so that you can skip movie.
yes plz
Change hotkey stats menu!!! ESC bad hotkey. Better to make it appear by entering -SM.
why o_O

About hotkeys: why dont you just use QWERTY, instead of D,S,C etc. Would really be easier to play...

Level 2
Better to be able to play solo and group. Group does not change gameplay, but you can play alone.
Midas imba, who need to stand for several hours playing group? this will not happen.

Level 14
To get on that island you need to open the right door. As far as i know there are tablets that give hints about the password, however, i played this map like 5 times now and never saw any of these tablets (any special place to look for or just bad luck?)

Level 1
Hi, everyone)
First of all, I want to thank map developers - really enjoyed it, spent about 5 hours playing with 2 friends.
good job

This type of landscape with palms and stone walls like Sargaras tomb in original campaings is my favourite :grin:

Enjoyed the conception of 2 base skills, and lots of bonuses to level on ESC menu.
Models and icons are fine too.
Feature with 3 books with the description how to obtain the legendary artefacts is really nice)

Secondary, some suggestions.
I haven't read all 30 pages of this topic, so can repeat somebody's post.
-All hero classes need to have unique item as tidewarrior and warlock have.
-Atalai items must be combined into 1 powerfull item. got tiki and horn from statue and 1 violet item from atalai boss.
-One of the optional dungeons(in the right side of the map) has 2 points which must be pushed by heroes - no way to end it in solo game. other points(near the brigde. library -etc) can be pushed using summon like hunter's wolf.

Thirdly, answer some questions, please
1. how to find the password of the right door?
2. does the right door lead to the island with queen's scepter?
3. there is a corpse on the coast near the western entrance - orange elf. and 2 low hp elfes stand on the top side of the map - is it the quest?
4. some horde heroes stand on the top of the map too - what is the usage?
5. there is an island on the bottom side of the map with druid, shaman and necro - quest npc?

Level 14
1. how to find the password of the right door?
2. does the right door lead to the island with queen's scepter?

To get on that island you need to open the right door. As far as i know there are tablets that give hints about the password, however, i played this map like 5 times now and never saw any of these tablets (any special place to look for or just bad luck?)

(2. -> yes)

Level 1
thx muzzel, but i haven't found any tablets at all, with opened map too.
Mb somebody has any screens? how do this tablets look like?

Vunjo

Level 14
-All hero classes need to have unique item as tidewarrior and warlock have.

When entering Hell difficulty, you get class item.

1. There are certain hints in the tablets, you might want to take a look at them.
2. *already answered*
4. Units that are placed on the map but not in the main playable area are used to fix/create systems.

I suppose you asked 3 and 5 with "Iseedeadpeople". This is the part where cheats won't help you solve your questions (Bad boy! Shame on you!) :)

Level 1
thx Vunjo.
However, hell item for hunter is rather useless +15 dmg to black arrow - nothing compared to tidewarrior's +1 str permanently for each ulti cast

Level 4
I don't remember giving permission anwhere for editing the map.

That's unpolite and against any form of rules....

Lol ofc no, moreover I've never tried doing, just havin' fun finishing it with all heroes one by one. Just because that idiot again spamming about changing the place of Scepter usage I've obtained the tablet in 9.5 version to prove that he is an idiot again and again and forever) @The place DID change!@ ahahah) find it first then whine either it was changed or not.

Level 6
Srsly shotgun, are you dumb?
His post wasn't at you, it was just a post at the mapmaker. And the place where you have to use the scepter obviously DID change.
If you say it didn't, im not sure if you're dumb, or just trolling.
Seriously, stop flaming us for NOTHING. We just said a few obvious things which are true.
Posting a screenshot that you obtained the tablet again, doesn't mean the place where to USE the scepter didn't change at all.
We also didn't say that you didn't find out the new place. So please, just shut up.

Level 4
Srsly shotgun, are you dumb?
His post wasn't at you, it was just a post at the mapmaker. And the place where you have to use the scepter obviously DID change.
If you say it didn't, im not sure if you're dumb, or just trolling.
Seriously, stop flaming us for NOTHING. We just said a few obvious things which are true.
Posting a screenshot that you obtained the tablet again, doesn't mean the place where to USE the scepter didn't change at all.
We also didn't say that you didn't find out the new place. So please, just shut up.

Ok, this arguing has no sense. Post a screenshot where you have obtained a Tablet plz? Cause of health indicator it will be easy to understand either it is last version or not.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Ok, I had enough of this pointless arguing with no real reason. Next time you two (muzzel and Shogun) talk to eachother in a rude way in this comment section, I'll contact an administrator to remove these comments.

Be friendly to eachother and try to resolve problems in a mature way. If you want to continue this, please do it via Private Messaging.

THANKS!

Oh btw, where is the forge?

It's in the Treasure Room.

Level 14
thx

btw: the avenger causes lags. The funny thing is: only when hes on the screen he causes heavy fps drop, when you move him out of the camera frustum its fine (for each player). My only explanation is that it is the model, so when hes not visible he isnt rendered because of the clipping. We noticed if after like one hour of playing, but i cant tell you if it occurred in the beginning and we just didnt notice. I hope you can reproduce the problem.

Level 2
Through process of elimination, made possible by two arguing commenters, i've been able to reach the Tablet of life. Yet I still have to (read: want to) figure out the password for the masters left chamber. I'm curious wether there are hints scattered in the map with a low drop chance? I have my suspicions -.-...

I realize that this map is meant to be played with 2 or more players so perhaps my arguments aren't totally valid. Still, here goes.

The rogue seems to be a very underpowered class early game. His damage output is either really anoying to aim or just too low to actually matter.

The shaman on the other hand has it all. It's like WoW shaman all over again. Nukes, heals and proper auto attack damage output. High damage multy target nuking while augmenting your regular attack with another (high chance) chain lightning plus regular interval auto attack nukes from your passive. Not to mention and AOE heal with healing over time, nearly infinite mana with your mana shield. These things make your ultimate attack basically obsolete. In my opinion he should be nerfed. (also his lightning storm pushes mobs aside a little, making them lose aggro)

The item Killmaim has a proper awesome orb effect (25% lifesteal) and nice static damage yet it's only worth 260 gold. (if i'm not mistaken)

On some occasions the butcher boss doesn't activate his hard mode or easy mode (nothing really happens and i'm pretty damn sure if killed him very fast)
The zombies (thankfully) did stop spawning.

The arachnid boss doesn't drop items at all despite him being a really tough boss. Also sometimes when he goes underground he just doesn't wanna get back to the surface (i'm a very fearfull player I know, still I wanna kill him!)

The berserker character with the ensnare bonus ability things. Seems real nice but before you ensnare someone, activate your skills and hope to make a ton of damage the ensnare is already gone. 3 seconds on level 1 is just a jest, 6 seconds for 4 skill levels is just way too few in my opinion...

Also, can u implement a command that shows me my attack speed. Similar to the movement speed one. At a certain point you reach max attack speed and I just want to know when so I can adjust my item build to it. (It's kinda useless to get Hydra Venom when your at the max already)

On a sidenote, I really like the way you implemented the treants and the satyrs, also the healers add a nice, more complex level of gameplay.

More later on, gonna finish the map once again :p

Level 14
Yet I still have to (read: want to) figure out the password for the masters left chamber. I'm curious wether there are hints scattered in the map with a low drop chance? I have my suspicions -.-...
No there are no hints in the map and you are not supposed to open the left chamber, spasorc mentioned it somewhere in this thread: the left chamber contains his personal item (and yea its overpowered)

The shaman on the other hand has it all. It's like WoW shaman all over again. Nukes, heals and proper auto attack damage output. High damage multy target nuking while augmenting your regular attack with another (high chance) chain lightning plus regular interval auto attack nukes from your passive. Not to mention and AOE heal with healing over time, nearly infinite mana with your mana shield. These things make your ultimate attack basically obsolete. In my opinion he should be nerfed. (also his lightning storm pushes mobs aside a little, making them lose aggro)
i agree, i played most of the int heroes and shaman is by far the strongest one

On some occasions the butcher boss doesn't activate his hard mode or easy mode (nothing really happens and i'm pretty damn sure if killed him very fast)
The zombies (thankfully) did stop spawning.
there js a message when you exceed the time limit for hard mode[/QUOTE]

Level 2
Hmm I know that the butcher gives a message, I guess it was a fluke or a glitch for me not getting the item nor the message.

Regarding the left chamber, figures it's his secret thing but that makes me curious about those strange tablets with letters and words on them dropping... Tablet of W with the tekst "within"... perhaps a secret? perhaps random crap to drive us mad??!?!

Level 14
Since spasorc asked us nicely to stop fighting i will attempt to explain this without expressing my profound contempt for you:
The area from the old version where you used Queens Scepter in order to get teleported does not exist anymore in 9.5. The whole terrain looks different at that spot!
(wow that was hard, i need to destroy something right now)

SpasMaster

Level 23
Since spasorc asked us nicely to stop fighting i will attempt to explain this without expressing my profound contempt for you:
The area from the old version where you used Queens Scepter in order to get teleported does not exist anymore in 9.5. The whole terrain looks different at that spot!
(wow that was hard, i need to destroy something right now)

The area is indeed changed. But it was changed in version 9.0. , not 9.5. :)