• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Well you can use something like this then:
  • Damage Setup
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 1000000000.00 of Fountain of Power 0052 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Show Damage <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)
--------------
  • Show Damage
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Damage taken) Greater than or equal to 1.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Set DSS = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Integer((Damage taken))))) + !) at DSS with Z offset 20.00, using font size (Random real number between 7.00 and 9.00), color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 25.00 towards (Random angle) degrees
          • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_DSS)
        • Else - Actions

Last edited by a moderator:
well instead of showing damage just save it within variable
x = x + damage

where is x real array variable
and i number of (owner of damage dealer) (sorry I don't remember correctly but something like that)

You can show variable in multiboard or on screen and so on...
DPS will be a little hard to make...

You will need something like
(min damage + max damage) / 2

but how to do that?
you need to store base min damage and max base damage into variable and add (hero main attribute * how much damage) and bonuses for each item or ability...
Now that would take 2 much work for something not so important...

Try to every 10 sec create illusion of hero that deal 100% damage and another dummy unit with 0 armor and infinite hp, order illusion to attack dummy and with system above calculate damage (you will need if then else function to split damage (if attacking unit equal to illusion save y else x))...

Then show x as well as (y ) :D

or maybe this can help:
JASS:
globals

real AnyDamage = 0.00

real array DamagePerSecond
    integer DPS_FV_CA = 1

real DPS_POOL

endglobals

function AnyDamageDone takes nothing returns nothing
    set AnyDamage = AnyDamage + GetEventDamage()
endfunction

function Timer1CallBack takes nothing returns nothing

if DPS_FV_CA == 60 then
        set DPS_FV_CA = 1
    else

set DPS_POOL = DPS_POOL + AnyDamage - DamagePerSecond[DPS_FV_CA]

set DamagePerSecond[DPS_FV_CA] = AnyDamage
    set AnyDamage = 0.0

set DPS_FV_CA = DPS_FV_CA + 1
endfunction

function GetAVG takes nothing returns real
    return DPS_POOL \ 60
endfunction
Don't know author , but I found it on thehelper.net ...

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Thanks for your will to help me out Kobas. But sadly triggers are my worst part in the editor and I don't understand some of the things you just said. I ask people to help me out with triggers and I do requests. Vunjo made the system with 3 triggers (not too big). And a few variables. He is just polishing up some things now. And because of the simple triggers and the nice system he wants it only for him. I can understand him. If you are eager to understand how is it made you should talk to him, cause triggers are kinda complicated to me and I can't help you out :(. I appreciate your will to help me out though <3

P.S: I don't get a thing from Jass :D

Level 2
absolutely senseless game (we've played together with my friend with endless lives):
first of all, i dunno if it is a bug but there is location where 2 runes are. if you step on both there will appear 3 books for stats and potion. and it always work so you can just set 2 heroes patrolling in order to step on runes at one time.
secondly, monsters in the late game are too weak so it is boring
and thirdly, i cant imagine how people will play with only one life - lots of traps that might kill you instantly and make you lose your nerves :D (im saying bout late game)

So sorry but i could have passed 2:40 hours (that is 4th) for something else, but workmanship (i mean coding or what ever - you understand) is quite good.

So 4/5 but plz try to think over my words

SpasMaster

Level 23
absolutely senseless game (we've played together with my friend with endless lives):
first of all, i dunno if it is a bug but there is location where 2 runes are. if you step on both there will appear 3 books for stats and potion. and it always work so you can just set 2 heroes patrolling in order to step on runes at one time.
secondly, monsters in the late game are too weak so it is boring
and thirdly, i cant imagine how people will play with only one life - lots of traps that might kill you instantly and make you lose your nerves :D (im saying bout late game)

So sorry but i could have passed 2:40 hours (that is 4th) for something else, but workmanship (i mean coding or what ever - you understand) is quite good.

So 4/5 but plz try to think over my words

Ok, first of all you didn't explain why is it a "sensless game". Secondly there are 2 runes yes. Two heroes must step on them, yes. What's your problem with that?
It's true that in the end of the game the mobs are easier. Don't worry it will get fixed soon.
About the thing with one life. When you played SOO many times like me and a couple of my friends you might want to undertake some challenge.
Sorry, but if you think that you could spend 2 hours and 40 minutes somwhere else, did you bother to read the description of the map? It clearly says: "Tons of monster killing & puzzles". That's the map. Either play it or not.
If you don't like this type of maps, why bother playing it? :thumbs_down:

Level 2
I really like maps of such kind, dont get me wrong. BUT! it's senseless cause of all points I listed.
And as for runes (with books), u can use it as many times as you wish and get infinite stats. I can write u a demo if u dont understand

Level 8
Okay then...

posting while im playing

1. the intro: not pirate'ish enough (language and stuff)
2. why is there a necro selected, when the game actually starts?
3. tooltips at hero selection:

archmage: missing line break after description and before attributes

tauren warrior:
abilities in red
text starts with a blank space ( )
'attributes' in yellow

death knight:
no 'attributes' at all

orc warlord:
no 'attributes' at all

rogue:
'attributes' in yellow

pyromancer:
textcode error after '[Agility'

#gameplay

shaman totems do not draw any aggro on the caster and thus allowing you to kill the enemy units by just spawning them and sitting back, not getting hit

that fire elemental in the beginning... it burns when running into the volcano

insignia of the alliance probably gives you 200% mana regeneration...

game is not playable alone :( so no more stuff i found out

E: oh wait a sec, i found out that fire totems enable you to ocreate the bridge with those two stone thingys

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Okay then...

posting while im playing

1. the intro: not pirate'ish enough (language and stuff)
2. why is there a necro selected, when the game actually starts?
3. tooltips at hero selection:

archmage: missing line break after description and before attributes

tauren warrior:
abilities in red
'attributes' in yellow

death knight:
no 'attributes' at all

orc warlord:
no 'attributes' at all

rogue:
'attributes' in yellow

pyromancer:
textcode error after '[Agility'

#gameplay

shaman totems do not draw any aggro on the caster and thus allowing you to kill the enemy units by just spawning them and sitting back, not getting hit

that fire elemental in the beginning... it burns when running into the volcano

insignia of the alliance probably gives you 200% mana regeneration...

game is not playable alone :( so no more stuff i found out

E: oh wait a sec, i found out that fire totems enable you to ocreate the bridge with those two stone thingys

Thanks for your response mate.
Let me start:
1.)I never wanted the infor to be Piratish... It's Hordish. :p
2.)I knew about the necro, it will get fixed.
3.)Never noted these things in tooltips. Thanks though.
4.)The Warrior cant get his colors fixed. No more space.
5.)Should the totems draw aggro as they are invulnerable?
6.)The Fire Elemental. Hmm.. you have right. It will get fixed.
7.)I worked on Brilliance aura recently and I could have screwed the things.
8.)Play the map with 2 more friends. it's not solable.

excellent map you just made! hope you make more modifications, 5/5! :grin:

Never doubted in Horde fans :D
Glad you liked it.
Check out the changelog man. I make new things every day :D

Level 2
Short Review

Story 7/10
The story is creative but it's kinda short.

Units 8/10
Most of the Heroes are copies from the WoW Classes. But their models are unique and cool.

Terrain 9/10
The terrain is just as it should be. A very little problem is that there are some holes which can heroes pass but in Warcraft 3, they can't. There are many "hard-to-see" paths that I got stuck many times.

Misc 10/10
Everything is else is excellent, the custom items, the triggers etc.

Final Rating: 34/40 (Excellent Work)

SpasMaster

Level 23
Short Review

Story 7/10
The story is creative but it's kinda short.

Units 8/10
Most of the Heroes are copies from the WoW Classes. But their models are unique and cool.

Terrain 9/10
The terrain is just as it should be. A very little problem is that there are some holes which can heroes pass but in Warcraft 3, they can't. There are many "hard-to-see" paths that I got stuck many times.

Misc 10/10
Everything is else is excellent, the custom items, the triggers etc.

Final Rating: 34/40 (Excellent Work)

Thanks for the review. Saying that the heroes are copiess though is a bit harsh. I did my best to chnage the abilities as much as possible from the ones in WoW. There are also true classes that don't exist in WoW. But yeah, the main idea behind the Heroes is from WoW. :thumbs_up:

SpasMaster

Level 23
There are 3 Legendary items in the game.

1 of them fits the Agility hero. ---> Drops from a boss: Atal'ai
1 of them fits the Strenght hero. ---> Drops from a boss: Guardian of the Hammer
1 of them fits the Intelligence hero. ---> Rarely drops from mobs

Legendary items have orange names.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi, first thing, I love your map. It's very original and well executed.

I have a list of bugs and suggestion that would be nice if you looked at:

It's a great boss, but by standing still at the same spot, you can too easily defeat him.

Health per second or Life per second? In the "Ruby" item it says different som the item shown it the screenshot.

/removed - too revealing

---

Suggestions:

1. Set items: It would be cool if you implemented Set Items for the different attributes respectively. This with a bonus of partly finnished sets and completed ones.

2. Quests? Would be cool with scattered NPCs around the map with different quests... which leads to suggestion 3.

3. A sort of Trophy-system for accomplishing things on the map (killing certain bosses, reaching a certain number of completed quests..and so on). Maybe this could be transferred to another play-through in some way?

4. More of the legendary items (low drop chance at difficult respawnable bosses).

If you have another vision of the map's future..then skip my suggestions ^^ only giving some thoughts.

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Hi, first thing, I love your map. It's very original and well executed.

I have a list of bugs and suggestion that would be nice if you looked at:

It's a great boss, but by standing still at the same spot, you can too easily defeat him.

Health per second or Life per second? In the "Ruby" item it says different som the item shown it the screenshot.

I don't know if its just a limitation for further expanding of the map..or just a bug. There is a stone in the water..and my curiosity lead me there ^^

---

Suggestions:

1. Set items: It would be cool if you implemented Set Items for the different attributes respectively. This with a bonus of partly finnished sets and completed ones.

2. Quests? Would be cool with scattered NPCs around the map with different quests... which leads to suggestion 3.

3. A sort of Trophy-system for accomplishing things on the map (killing certain bosses, reaching a certain number of completed quests..and so on). Maybe this could be transferred to another play-through in some way?

4. More of the legendary items (low drop chance at difficult respawnable bosses).

If you have another vision of the map's future..then skip my suggestions ^^ only giving some thoughts.

Amazing review. Thanks a lot.

First off: 1.)Playing alone is pretty boring. And the boringness is doubled if you have unlimited lives. Will you think it's that easy if you limit your lives to 25? ;)
2.)It's possible I made a mistake or two with Health/Life. It will get fixed.
3.)
The rock you found is a secret way to a powerfull item. I will be thankfull if you remove the screenshot as fast as you can. Also type in -items when you play next time and you will see what item I am talking about.
4.)Rarely spawnable bosses? I like that. Coming in next version!
5.)I was just thinking for making set items today :D
6.)I tried to make quests before but I failed. It could happen, but I promise nothing.

+rep for the review :) Stay tuned for next versions! :wink:

Last edited:
Level 1
:)

Amazing review. Thanks a lot.

First off: 1.)Playing alone is pretty boring. And the boringness is doubled if you have unlimited lives. Will you think it's that easy if you limit your lives to 25? ;)
2.)It's possible I made a mistake or two with Health/Life. It will get fixed.
3.)
The rock you found is a secret way to a powerfull item. I will be thankfull if you remove the screenshot as fast as you can. Also type in -items when you play next time and you will see what item I am talking about.
4.)Rarely spawnable bosses? I like that. Coming in next version!
5.)I was just thinking for making set items today :D
6.)I tried to make quests before but I failed. It could happen, but I promise nothing.

+rep for the review :) Stay tuned for next versions! :wink:

Thanks for taking my suggestions under consideration :D

I removed it as you wished. And yeah, there is a whole other truth to it when playing with 25 lives instead of Wuss-mode..I will try that next time (and with friends).

Regarding quests, I would first find inspiration through other maps. I like how they did it in TKOK Orpg (with an advanced "Talk-option")..or as simple as in True Chaos v.0.11a (left-click attained quests). The other problem is creating a story for each one of them and where to put them. Well, I hope it happens some day ^^

Level 1
Awesome Map ^_^ 5/5

Awesome Map! ^_^ 5/5

-----------------------------------------------------
~2 posts merged
Don't double post, from now on, use edit button instead!

You can delete this message from your post as soon as you read it!
-Kobas-

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
well... i reached the island where Thrall is.. i defeat all the human and the boss.... and no event come out??
and btw y are there 4 ritual circle
stucked there...

SpasMaster

Level 23
well... i reached the island where Thrall is.. i defeat all the human and the boss.... and no event come out??
and btw y are there 4 ritual circle
stucked there...

After you kill the Human boss you must go to North from his location and sail out with a ship out of the map. That's how it ends.

About the circles, they are a part of completing a legendary item.

Level 2
i mean the circle on the seas.. theres 4 circle in total...
but i .. the seaway stuck on the circle there.. no more way to move..

SpasMaster

Level 23
Is this map still unprotected from free editoring by other's? :vw_wtf:

I knew that this question will come soon or later. So here is my explanation on the whole thing.

1.One or two weeks ago I found a user (not from THW) publish the map on another site under his name. That seriously made me think to protect the map and so I did it.
2.This is the kind of maps that if you open it in the editor, you will spoil the whole gaming experience by seeing hidden places/bosses etc.
3.Still I love the THW community and I am ready to give an unprotected version to people who give me reasonable... "reasons" for seeing the map in it's unprotected version. If you are interested PM me.

Hope you understand me! =)

Level 3
Okay, played your map with a bunch of friends, and found this bug.

I was playing Selena, that bloodelf mage, so there's this skill that can control creeps under Level 3. There was this Firelord, which was Level 2. So I casted on it, and I controlled it. Then we couldn't proceed, so we thought we should kill it. Since it took too long, I decided to send it to the bunch of high level monsters (it's like a teleport trap that teleports you to a Lvl 10 hydra) and the Firelord ended up getting Devoured by the Hydra instead, and didn't die.

Then shit happened, and we were stuck. So...yeah.

Level 1
Hmm.. that's strange I didn't note that. If it's true, it will get fixed.

Dude exelent map. i realy liked it. Oh i found a bug. One of the heroes that you select does not have a skin. The one with the grom helsceram icon. all the others work fine. And yes i have the latest patch. Could you tell me how to get the bow item that is rare. i found it near the begining but its sorounded bu magical pen wals. whats the deal??

SpasMaster

Level 23
Dude exelent map. i realy liked it. Oh i found a bug. One of the heroes that you select does not have a skin. The one with the grom helsceram icon. all the others work fine. And yes i have the latest patch. Could you tell me how to get the bow item that is rare. i found it near the begining but its sorounded bu magical pen wals. whats the deal??

The Warlord's bug got fixed, and about the bow, I will give you a hint: there is a book item that will tell you how to acquire the bow. Fnd the book!