• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
I forgot to mention that I've used Count's Memento Shadow item. It gains you strength. But later in the game I've replaced it. The DK build is in fact based on gold-price items but that doesn't matter that much. I was experimenting and it went good. Don't get me wrong - everyone can build the hero as much as he likes.

Definitely, you have a lot more to learn about the map. And when you do advance, you will get more satisfaction with it. Good luck with that.

1. The disabled rod is used by Agility heroes to get Thoridal bow legendary item. Go at the Western Entrance, near the Matriarch Hydra. The Naga is a part of obtaining another legendary, which in my opinion is not worth the effort.

Yeah I'm coming to realise. Maybe it's just too hard for me, I had to scum it by buying 2x gold pr 5s items and let it run over night :D

I know it's for the legendary bow, it's the one piece I can't seem to find. Are you mixing with the machine you need to "fix" the disabled rod with? Or am I remembering it wrong. I thought it was find the rod and then go to the machine west of western entrance, am I misremembering the clues? =)

Level 2
Go at the Western Entrance, near the Matriarch Hydra.
Thank you Burndead. I am afraid I got mixed up. I thought the "Disabled rod" replaced the broken mechanism blocking the way to the Twin corridor key, but it apparently does not. Where is that replacement mechanism or where are the hints to it? I have read everything everywhere and I have no idea

Level 2
Thank you Burndead. I am afraid I got mixed up. I thought the "Disabled rod" replaced the broken mechanism blocking the way to the Twin corridor key, but it apparently does not. Where is that replacement mechanism or where are the hints to it? I have read everything everywhere and I have no idea

There's some pipes in that area east of the troll village with a platform going up and down.

Level 2
The platform is not moving, because you need to activate it first by "replacing the mechanism", and I don't know how to do that

It's just between the troll village and Masters chamber(says so in huge writings). I was refering to a different platform. Look for some pipes just west of the masters chambers.

Now you owe me a clue on how to find the disabled rod :D

Level 2
It's just between the troll village and Masters chamber(says so in huge writings). I was refering to a different platform. Look for some pipes just west of the masters chambers.

Now you owe me a clue on how to find the disabled rod :D
Thanks! I posted one already up there, now more specifically - north of the three arcane towers before the park entrance, there is an object in a containment field. You need something else to get it though

Level 2
Thanks! I posted one already up there, now more specifically - north of the three arcane towers before the park entrance, there is an object in a containment field. You need something else to get it though

Oh yeah, I've seen that one. I don't have any idea how to get the item though :D Clue? :p

Level 2
I realise this is the one run I play an agi hero and it's the one run the seal of elven warrior or w/e haven't dropped. Good stuff. Time left til I get the god essence though :p

Level 2
Awesome, thanks :D
How is it possible to open the massive ruined gate opened by the two circles of power in the west wing after the moon door while playing solo? I managed to get a minion on the second circle and it did not trigger.
Since the map is apparently soloable, I am missing something. Please help!

Level 2
The non-attribute legendaries wouldn't neccesarily be possible to get every run, but aren't 1 component of the attribute ones random drop chance? or is there a sure way to get them? Mote of fire and seal of w/e seems random?

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
The non-attribute legendaries wouldn't neccesarily be possible to get every run, but aren't 1 component of the attribute ones random drop chance? or is there a sure way to get them? Mote of fire and seal of w/e seems random?
Currently there is randomness involved to get the STR and INT legendaries, yes. However, new legendary system is being developped to replace the old attribute based one.
Stay tuned.

Level 2
Currently there is randomness involved to get the STR and INT legendaries, yes. However, new legendary system is being developped to replace the old attribute based one.
Stay tuned.

Oh, you guys are making even more shit? How you even have the motivation when it's already so good, I have no idea :D

I found it. The agi-legendary was somewhat disappointing compared to the Str one. Maybe I just need to go out all on-hib build with the 300% epic? :eek:

Level 6
Oh, you guys are making even more shit? How you even have the motivation when it's already so good, I have no idea :D

I found it. The agi-legendary was somewhat disappointing compared to the Str one. Maybe I just need to go out all on-hib build with the 300% epic? :eek:

Which agi hero you are playing currently?

Level 6
Hunter. I've gone full crit %/dmg, so it's not that great with that build. Maybe that's just my own fault for not planning properly =)

Depends on your crit items.

Although, I've got the same feeling - on-hit is better than crit build.

Edit: Here's the screen, @Qvelting

I was using Drought's Scimitar but replaced it with the Ring of Oblivion for the final boss.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_051317_134915_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_051317_134915_02.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
2.3.6 update:

Progress with 2.3.6 stalled for a few days. Reason being that while it was very easy to come up with puzzles/quests/effects for certain class legendaries, it turned out to be tedious and annoying for others. And I wasn't even halfway through done with them... This lead me to rework the core system - all heroes will still have unique legendaries, but they will all complete the same big quest together.

It's worthwhile noting that this will significantly speed up the legendary creation process.

Level 2
I can't play the last version, gives the mensage "map file is too big". How fix this? last patch in Wc3, Win7 64 bits.

Level 1
im stuck for hours trying to find the 4th switch entrance thats blocked from rolling stone door,what do i need to open it? v2.3.5

Level 6
I think I've found a bug or sorta.

Playing Shaman in 2.3.3c. I've stacked a lot of health regeneration attributes - talent, items, flask, skills, glyph
What I've noticed was that if I cast Earth shield to boost my health regen even more, it causes the enemies to deal more damage to me. If I don't cast it, I tank noticeably easy.
Stats are: 5.5k hp, 30 armor, dmg reducing items + glyph/s.

It's a bit older version but dunno if anyone noticed this.

Level 6
I've found a big bug.

I was spinning and hitting some troll wizzards. After the Windstorm ended, my skills were all silenced. I died in order to see if that will fix the issue but it remained the same.

Also, I have the reset Q glyph learned.

2.3.5. version

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_051917_174624_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_051917_174624_01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Level 2
Now playing, thanks for give me the tip for update wc3.

Anyone have a website or a document with tips for this map? a lot of things for learning :D

Senneria

Level 6
Now playing, thanks for give me the tip for update wc3.

Anyone have a website or a document with tips for this map? a lot of things for learning :D
Nobody has compiled a list as far as I am aware. The amount of time that needs to be spent is quite vast. I've got recording and everything set, but unfortunaetly I've been ill so not made any progress on any Sunken City video content :(

Level 1
It's a very well map made, tons of fun, one of the best crawler maps I've played. However it has some questionable design decision that kill alot of the fun.

First of all, instagib traps and moves combined with limited amount of lives and a shitty wc3 save system can make the game unbearable later on. Instakills in general feel very cheap. It has more replay value than most maps for sure, but for a first time playthrough it can even kill the run since you dont know where the traps are or how to work around them to get the rewards. You end up wasting a lot of lives trying out things. Why even add lives to a map like this, I dont think it adds anything to it, maybe introduce a mode to remove them.

Secondly, inspecting aoe seems a little small, and since things are hidden in terrain, you end up inspecting every inch of everything which doesnt seem that fun to me. An example the small room south of waterworks where you find explosives. A single inspect should find them, but it seems even in such a small room you have to inspect very close to the pile of equipment to find them. Again, I dont see the value of it, since you should just see the explosives right away. This is more of an annoyance and I understand it's important for secretish and optional stuff. But hiding items in doodads or items looking like doodads that are important for finish the game is just annoying.

Another annoyance is the fact that you need to juggle items constantly. Keys, bowls of water, other usable items cant be used from backpack. This is very annoying for items that dont have a clear cut usage, and you end up trying to use them on anything that COULD have something to do with it.

The annoyances aside, the first issue is what I have the most beef with. Most people wont replay a map, and 5 hours in with just a few lives left, we'd have to save and recreate game constantly to avoid losing. I dont think we'll ever finish or replay it, which is a shame considering how well made the map is.

Level 2
Nobody has compiled a list as far as I am aware. The amount of time that needs to be spent is quite vast. I've got recording and everything set, but unfortunaetly I've been ill so not made any progress on any Sunken City video content :(

Sunken City 2.3.5 Hero Guide

I started a Class guide a while back; I did one class and then let it sit. If anyone would be interested in this I can work on it in my free time.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Instakills in general feel very cheap.
I agree. Traps will be revisited in the future.
Secondly, inspecting aoe seems a little small, and since things are hidden in terrain, you end up inspecting every inch of everything which doesnt seem that fun to me. An example the small room south of waterworks where you find explosives. A single inspect should find them, but it seems even in such a small room you have to inspect very close to the pile of equipment to find them. Again, I dont see the value of it, since you should just see the explosives right away. This is more of an annoyance and I understand it's important for secretish and optional stuff. But hiding items in doodads or items looking like doodads that are important for finish the game is just annoying.
I dunno if you realise this, but there are Blue Circles on the ground that you have to target. You don't have to target on random areas. If you have to target an area that does not have a Blue Circle, then it's either a Bookshelf or a terrain object described or eluded to by a Bookshelf.
Another annoyance is the fact that you need to juggle items constantly. Keys, bowls of water, other usable items cant be used from backpack. This is very annoying for items that dont have a clear cut usage, and you end up trying to use them on anything that COULD have something to do with it.
I can see it being annoying to newer players. The more you get used to which item goes where, the more organized things get and therefore less annoying.
The annoyances aside, the first issue is what I have the most beef with. Most people wont replay a map, and 5 hours in with just a few lives left, we'd have to save and recreate game constantly to avoid losing. I dont think we'll ever finish or replay it, which is a shame considering how well made the map is.
You are losing lives because you seem to have died quite a few times at traps, which, if you have more experience will know the locations of and won't even step in them in the first place.

Don't speak for other people:
Most people wont replay a map
cause I have managed a community in Garena/Discord for 5 years, overseed a Facebook page for 4 years and have had this comment section for 7 years. Trust me. Players WILL replay the map. Over. And over. And over again. If you won't - that's fine. Just pls don't speak for others.

Basically, if you think about it, all of your issues come from lack of experience:
-You keep stepping at 1-shot traps. I agree that the mechanic is outdated and as I have said, I will rework it. But let's look at things as they are atm: With each game, starting after the first 1, you already know where the traps are and you can easily avoid them.
-You stock a lot of items, because you still can't use them as soon as you can. I am sure you have many quest items stored that you put to use at a way later point than you can initially use them. While I can understand frustration coming from jiggling items around, it's a core tool that I have to work with when it comes to designing puzzles and building lore, so unfortunately they are staying.
-You are having issues with replaying the map. Sure, that's fine. A game cannot possibly fit everyone. But I am satisfied with the amount of replayabilty I have delivered to justify replaying the map atleast a couple of times with different heroes.

Thanks for your comment. TL;DR - traps will be revisited at some point.

Level 2
Druid
"The cooldown of Force of Nature has been reduced to 18 seconds down from 16 seconds." ? xD

Holy sh.t. Dat nerfs to PrimalG, poor boy, (edit, i just test it the first camps, it's very good in his role, he was so much op in the previus patch, no? XD)

Love the majority items changes, this version dosnt look like a #.#.X xD

Last edited:
Level 6
I didn't read at the changelog about introducing the new custom stat - Mastery.

Or did I miss it with all those blue letters around?

Level 6
Which agi hero gains the most agi per level? Rogue?

Also, how much HP per level str heroes gain in relation to the agi int hp buff now?

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Version 2.3.6 has just been hotfixed. A couple of issues have been addressed, so make sure to download the 2.3.6a version!

I didn't read at the changelog about introducing the new custom stat - Mastery.
Fixed.
Which agi hero gains the most agi per level? Rogue?
I believe it was the Rogue, yes. I don't have the map open before me, but it should be him.
Also, how much HP per level str heroes gain in relation to the agi int hp buff now?
STR heroes do not gain extra health per level. Never did.