• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 5
Well, its a moot point, but the point was that you both couldn't put them in your backpack, and they would drop even if the class didn't exist.

Which song from Stargate atlantis, Or, rather, where can I find the map Credits?

Edit: the puzzle with buttons on either side of a forcefield bugged. The left button was stuck on, so the force field wouldn't drop. Had to recall to the res stone. Not sure how it happened.

Why don't you make the immolation and Phoenix fire items togglable? Immolation should work directly, and disabled spellbooks should work for Phoenix fire. I might be wrong however.

Edit: Those instant death deathtraps are really annoying. Especially since right outside the level 8 troll dungeon, I thought there was a deathtrap, and there wasn't, but then there was another one later. its kinda hard to tell, and they are poorly labeled.

Last edited:
Level 2
G8 map. Thx 4 it.
Played with bro and made everithing but the Master chamber and Zerash.
Would be g8 if u would say what every secret art does (every art with rare drop chance). Im tired of searcing.
And plz what does Hadeis the lost tuskar does if u reach him (as i said i havent obtained art to kill Zerash).

Level 2
Hey YozefAnder, Hadeis is only an easter egg, he was an early developer.
To kill Zerash you need a specific Item which can deal damage through any armor (watch at the flavor text). It only drops.
For the Master Chamber I don´t know either 100% but you need specific Items for it and the chance of getting them all in 1 Playthrough are kinda low. (Look for the Dragon Tokens)

Level 1
Please help.
We stuck on "Clear Path" quest. How open rolling stone door? last of four switches behind this door.
Also, how open door near circle with 5 moon runes( where need to kill Naga)? Don't have any idea.

Level 4
Please help.
We stuck on "Clear Path" quest. How open rolling stone door? last of four switches behind this door.
Also, how open door near circle with 5 moon runes( where need to kill Naga)? Don't have any idea.

About the latter, 5 moon marks, you need to find some sort of Moon Stone as I recall. It should not be far, maybe hidden next to treasure room. Orientations of moon runes and the circle and this item's tooltip should give you the answer how to use it.

Level 2
Please help.
1 unit must stand on the circle and bboulder opens

Level 1
About the latter, 5 moon marks, you need to find some sort of Moon Stone as I recall. It should not be far, maybe hidden next to treasure room. Orientations of moon runes and the circle and this item's tooltip should give you the answer how to use it.

1 unit must stand on the circle and bboulder opens
Thanks a lot. All works

P.S. Map's Author, please fix WindForce Totem's repice( in lesser items ). This item need Mantle of the sorcerer instead of Sapphire, as write in repice

Level 1
Firstly, that map is great & so funny! Thank you very much. But I have a problem. :) I 've bought a Sphere of Darkness & it gave me a quest. But I can't set free Lorthiras the Dreadlord so I can't complete the quest. How I complete it. Thank you.

Level 18
Firstly, that map is great & so funny! Thank you very much. But I have a problem. :) I 've bought a Sphere of Darkness & it gave me a quest. But I can't set free Lorthiras the Dreadlord so I can't complete the quest. How I complete it. Thank you.

first of all, what class you use?

second of all, just death knight and other class that connected to death could do this mission i think

Level 1
first of all, what class you use?

second of all, just death knight and other class that connected to death could do this mission i think

I use Demon Hunter. But all heroes can buy that item (Sphere of Darkness) and the mission has completed. A question mark appeared above Dreadlord's head. But I can't reach him only. :)

Last edited:
Level 18
I use Demon Hunter. But all heroes can buy that item (Sphere of Darkness) and the mission has completed. A question mark appeared above Dreadlord's head. But I can't reach him only. :)

i'm use death knight and i'm get the quest reward soul harvester from the dreadlord, also if you want to reach him just after you defeat centrius you can see there's the dryad, beside her a vault portal. inside that vault there's two naga guards, bunch of warlock and skeleton guarding the dreadlord. also the only class that can finish the quest is death knight

Level 2
I have got item Golden harpie figurin, with increasing auto-attaks power and ignore defense.
But i cant kill zerash with glyph of fire, blast sword(auto shoots) and any magic from rouge or tide.
How can i kill Zerash?

Level 18
I have got item Golden harpie figurin, with increasing auto-attaks power and ignore defense.
But i cant kill zerash with glyph of fire, blast sword(auto shoots) and any magic from rouge or tide.
How can i kill Zerash?

you need a specific dropped items just like MisakaMEoDP say, i'm also ask same thing about how to defeat zerash once and it say you need an item dropped by huntress boss

Level 1
i'm use death knight and i'm get the quest reward soul harvester from the dreadlord, also if you want to reach him just after you defeat centrius you can see there's the dryad, beside her a vault portal. inside that vault there's two naga guards, bunch of warlock and skeleton guarding the dreadlord. also the only class that can finish the quest is death knight

Thank you very much Aeman. I will try your suggestion. :)

Level 2
you need a specific dropped items just like MisakaMEoDP say, i'm also ask same thing about how to defeat zerash once and it say you need an item dropped by huntress boss
I got item but dunno how to use it. It says auto-attaks deal extra damage and ignore armor.
But how to auto-attack Zerash?

Level 2
For better drop my brother and I each collected 5 shadow cores (+5% mf) and treasure smth (1 gold/6 sec and 5% mf). We got 110% magic find. And we cheated with Kings blood
We got epic item which is able to kill Zerash. It had dropped from Belshan with deflector shield.
That item looks like scipter.
So we got Dawn (+35dmg +10stats +4 or 6 hp regen per sec Equip: casting spell heals u for 40 hp and 150% mana regen) i think agility and strength heroes got better items.

How can I create queen's scipter?

And 1 bug. Purchasing all items for shadow core gives u shadow core + shadow core recipe

Level 9
My friends and I recently got back into WC3 custom maps and wanted a fun dungeon crawler. We found this one and have been having a blast!

Super polished, unique and well designed heroes, great ambiance. Shaman and Blademaster are my favorite so far. I love how each hero demands a specific set up, i.e. Blademaster is an agi+heavy mana hero.

Well done, 5/5

Level 2
Could I please have a little hint on where/how to obtain the key that isn't out of metal... i got it once in a very early version, but forgot where it was.
The key to open the magical barrier to activate the switch.
Thanks a lot :)

Thank you MisaaMEoDP :) luckily i still had that item laying around. Got it :D

Last edited:
Level 2
Could I please have a little hint on where/how to obtain the key that isn't out of metal... i got it once in a very early version, but forgot where it was.
The key to open the magical barrier to activate the switch.
Thanks a lot :)

You need a specific Item which is dropped by the Moonguard Boss (The one with the Mirror Image Ability) and then kill Zerash with it. He drops the Ghost Key

Level 1
v2.7.7

Putting 2 Escape points in Health Regen causes fatal error with Death Knight hero for all players

Level 2
Is it possible to obtain Gar'Thok's Axe?
And am I right, that Ysera's Token is a random drop, but Nozdormu's Token isn't?

Level 3
Oh look a lot of heroes heavily nerfed again for no reason, also why do they not have ultimates anymore?

I like a lot of the changes but why do you seem to have an obsession with nerfing heroes nearly every patch instead of just buffing weak ones to make them more up-to-par.

Also the intelligence hero category is the only one without a hero that has a permanent stacking mechanic, like the DK for strength or the troll berserker for agility. It would be nice if you could add a new hero with such mechanics for int/mana or maybe add it to a hero like the warlock or necromancer.

An example of that would be maybe each time any unit dies the necromancer gains 0.1 max mana and then add some sort of mana scaling to one of his spells. Or with the warlock an easy way to do it would be every time a demon dies give him max mana.

Just a suggestion but I would find it better if all 3 hero groups can pick a scaling hero if they want.

Edit: Also the dragon knight seems quite weak, that one spell that buffs his next attack doesn't seem to be doing damage or something.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Oh look a lot of heroes heavily nerfed again for no reason, also why do they not have ultimates anymore?
No reason? Did you even make the effort to read about or check the inclusion of Talents? Talents give up to 3 bonuses to the abilities of each hero and often these bonuses can be extremely strong. Obviously certain skills needed to be adjusted so they don't get out of control. I am having tests and games going all the time. The best players from the clan just defeated Insane Heroic with full random heroes and all said that the game is easier than ever before. You obviously didn't bother to pay attention to what the changes are and possibly what talents do. And if you somehow claim that Talents aren't an obvious and significant boost to the hero power than I simply refuse to have a discussion with you.
Also the intelligence hero category is the only one without a hero that has a permanent stacking mechanic, like the DK for strength or the troll berserker for agility.
Sure, none have such an ability. However the Intelligence Legendary item does have such mechanic.
Edit: Also the dragon knight seems quite weak, that one spell that buffs his next attack doesn't seem to be doing damage or something.
That is a bug, yes. I will fix it as soon as possible.

Level 3
No reason? Did you even make the effort to read about or check the inclusion of Talents? Talents give up to 3 bonuses to the abilities of each hero and often these bonuses can be extremely strong. Obviously certain skills needed to be adjusted so they don't get out of control. I am having tests and games going all the time. The best players from the clan just defeated Insane Heroic with full random heroes and all said that the game is easier than ever before. You obviously didn't bother to pay attention to what the changes are and possibly what talents do. And if you somehow claim that Talents aren't an obvious and significant boost to the hero power than I simply refuse to have a discussion with you.

Sure, none have such an ability. However the Intelligence Legendary item does have such mechanic.

That is a bug, yes. I will fix it as soon as possible.

Right but again you're not paying attention to the fact your common players are not a heavily organized clan of people who practice at this constantly. You make it worse for the average player who just wants to casually explore the map with their friend/friends constantly to make it slightly improved for the players who are like "sunken city is my life". If you want a real challenge for experienced players while making the map accessible to everyone else stop constantly nerfing so many heroes and just buff the higher tiers of difficulty. That way everyone can have their cake and eat it too instead of you making this map take forever for people who want to play with their less skilled friends.

Also the legendary item is waaaay too late in-game to have a noticeable impact on the difficulty, attribute stacking is only really useful as a low chance early on that gives the players time to stack. Otherwise it's sort of a waste if you can't get it early because at best you'll only get maybe 10-20 procs being generous. Remember to take into account just how much gold for altars players have late game, altars as it stands are absolutely better than your other stacking mechanics you have ingame besides the death knight's.

Edit: Also nobody is saying talents aren't a power boost to the heroes? Where did you even get that from?

SpasMaster

Level 23
Edit: Also nobody is saying talents aren't a power boost to the heroes? Where did you even get that from?
Here:
Oh look a lot of heroes heavily nerfed again for no reason
If Ability X gives 50% Attack Speed and I reduce the attack speed to 30% and make a Talent that boosts it back to 50% is the nerf with no reason?
Right but again you're not paying attention to the fact your common players are not a heavily organized clan of people who practice at this constantly.
Dude, you have Easy Standard difficulty which is so easy it hurts... But don't expect me to give Talents to heroes (which are obviously a power boost) and not adjust the difficulty of the whole game appropriately. These things go hand to hand. If I buff enemies, it's because the heroes are buffed. If I nerf heroes, I also nerf enemies. But the overall result is that heroes just got a whole lot better which is reflected with the enemy buffs you see in the changelog. You have 5 difficulties and 2 modes. Easy can even be soloed... and that's not even how the game is meant to be, but it can still be done...

Level 3
Here:

If Ability X gives 50% Attack Speed and I reduce the attack speed to 30% and make a Talent that boosts it back to 50% is the nerf with no reason?

Dude, you have Easy Standard difficulty which is so easy it hurts... But don't expect me to give Talents to heroes (which are obviously a power boost) and not adjust the difficulty of the whole game appropriately. These things go hand to hand. If I buff enemies, it's because the heroes are buffed. If I nerf heroes, I also nerf enemies. But the overall result is that heroes just got a whole lot better which is reflected with the enemy buffs you see in the changelog. You have 5 difficulties and 2 modes. Easy can even be soloed... and that's not even how the game is meant to be, but it can still be done...

Right but here's the problem with your logic nerfing heroes overall because of talents, you're punishing players who pick different talent builds at the same time you nerf the overpowered ones. So why not give it some time so you can get data on which talents are the most powerful and adjust those accordingly instead of overall nerfing a hero? The way you balance your map forces players into the strongest "build" to survive instead of allowing for more variations in player choice.

Also Easy/Normal are easy to you because again, you and your clan practice constantly at the map and know the best things to do and secrets which a lot of normal players don't have the time to find. That does in fact give you all a rather large boost over your common player. Also the way you organize your difficulty settings is very odd, normal should be 100% strength because that's normally what the creatures would be without buffs.

Level 2
Love this version a lot of changes that can be saw as 2.3.0 xD Can't wait to test all changed chars.
The best players from the clan just defeated Insane Heroic with full random heroes and all said that the game is easier than ever before
Srsly, i always said; a gameplay will be great to understand how all you do it (also in short time), (with a small edition cut the secrets to still be that)
(understand and do it is completly different, but will help a lot to enjoy new difficults of the game)

SpasMaster

Level 23
Right but here's the problem with your logic nerfing heroes overall because of talents, you're punishing players who pick different talent builds at the same time you nerf the overpowered ones. So why not give it some time so you can get data on which talents are the most powerful and adjust those accordingly instead of overall nerfing a hero?
Ok, let's start with this: Can you give me an example of an "overall nerfed hero", so we can discuss with concrete and specific details?
So, the "logic" which you have problems with does the opposite of what you say: it encourages different playstyles, it's not punishing different builds. Here is how it works;
Let's say that a hero has the skills A, B, C, D and E (5 skills). All 5 skills have a power level of 100%. So, let's assume that I am doing an overall nerf (which I know I didn't do, some heroes might be hit harder than others but never an overall nerf), but for the sake of the example let's say I did an overall nerf where I nerfed the power level of the 5 skills to 75%. So what does this do? You'd now have 3 Talents that boost skill by 25%. What this accomplishes is that you would now be able to choose 3 abilities that would be at 100% power instead of 75%. This allows for Player X to boost skills B, C and E while Player Y can boost A, B and D for example. Essentially two players can go for 2 different builds. If all skills are at 100% power then regardless of how you want to play, ALL of your abilities will always be good.

Let me give a specific example of a nerfed hero where everything I explained above is valid: The Warlock. He has this ability Shadow Power which boosts the attack speed of his Felguard pets. So you take a look at the changelog and see this: "The attack speed bonus provided by Shadow Power has been reduced to 15%/20%/25%/30% down from 20%/30%/40%/50%." and immidiately respond with "Oh, here we go, Spas does these nerfs again for no reason." Yeah, but you are unaware of a Talent that increases the Attack Speed bonus of Shadow Power by 20%. Before a player may go for offensive spellcaster build route all while having insane attack speed on pets. Now, if you want a pet-oriented build path, then you would take this Talent while an offensive spellcaster Warlock wouldn't. End result is your Shadow Power is stronger because you are going for pet build and the player who goes for spellcaster build has weaker pets.

But again, I know very well that I may have nerfed 1 or 2 skills in a way that may seem drastic, but there are solid reasons for these nerfs due to the Talents of the said hero. But I have never nerfed an entire hero kit into the ground.

Level 3
Ok, let's start with this: Can you give me an example of an "overall nerfed hero", so we can discuss with concrete and specific details?
So, the "logic" which you have problems with does the opposite of what you say: it encourages different playstyles, it's not punishing different builds. Here is how it works;
Let's say that a hero has the skills A, B, C, D and E (5 skills). All 5 skills have a power level of 100%. So, let's assume that I am doing an overall nerf (which I know I didn't do, some heroes might be hit harder than others but never an overall nerf), but for the sake of the example let's say I did an overall nerf where I nerfed the power level of the 5 skills to 75%. So what does this do? You'd now have 3 Talents that boost skill by 25%. What this accomplishes is that you would now be able to choose 3 abilities that would be at 100% power instead of 75%. This allows for Player X to boost skills B, C and E while Player Y can boost A, B and D for example. Essentially two players can go for 2 different builds. If all skills are at 100% power then regardless of how you want to play, ALL of your abilities will always be good.

Let me give a specific example of a nerfed hero where everything I explained above is valid: The Warlock. He has this ability Shadow Power which boosts the attack speed of his Felguard pets. So you take a look at the changelog and see this: "The attack speed bonus provided by Shadow Power has been reduced to 15%/20%/25%/30% down from 20%/30%/40%/50%." and immidiately respond with "Oh, here we go, Spas does these nerfs again for no reason." Yeah, but you are unaware of a Talent that increases the Attack Speed bonus of Shadow Power by 20%. Before a player may go for offensive spellcaster build route all while having insane attack speed on pets. Now, if you want a pet-oriented build path, then you would take this Talent while an offensive spellcaster Warlock wouldn't. End result is your Shadow Power is stronger because you are going for pet build and the player who goes for spellcaster build has weaker pets.

But again, I know very well that I may have nerfed 1 or 2 skills in a way that may seem drastic, but there are solid reasons for these nerfs due to the Talents of the said hero. But I have never nerfed an entire hero kit into the ground.

I think a large part of your problem is that you seem to have some sort of conflict where you release heroes and then regret your decision nerfing them patch after patch after patch. An example of this is like you said, the the warlock which while some of the nerfs are valid your constant reduction of attribute scaling on nearly every hero in your game is sort of a joke at this point. Another good example of you repeatedly nerfing a hero would be the necromancer. A third example, the goblin tinker which you repeatedly nerfed his passive time is money which didn't really give you much to begin with. Do I even need to get into the heroes you've completely removed from the game? You nerfed a few of those into the ground before you decided to do away with them entirely.

It's a joke because while you repeatedly nerf a few classes over and over you generally don't nerf the ones considered overpowered by some of your players, Shaman for example has been buffed more than most other classes and reworked to be better when honestly it's one of the best ones.

Also you need to avoid logic like nerfing the power level of skills to 100% because not all talents/skills are of equal power to begin with. There's a few lackluster skills that don't really add much to the kit of the hero and a lot of the talents that are undertuned compared to others. I'm sure you can improve them later but there is no such thing as a flat power level for all talents or abilities, some you added are inherently weaker than others.

Edit: Also removing hero ultimate spells and replacing them with passives is a very boring change to your game, ultimates are like a keystone to all of your work on the hero. They give you something tangible to work for ability-wise and just getting 1-2 more talents late game isn't nearly as meaningful. Never replace potentially game-changing spells with passives, or make them a very short duration active. At the very least you should give heroes a 4th ability even if its not an ultimate.

Edit 2: Now to clarify I don't want to sound ungrateful of your work, you've made a very good map but it just seems to me that you've been taking it in a negative direction. You should be buffing heroes as actively as you're nerfing them, and the style you have of editing is definitely more nerf heavy. Why ruin heroes you worked so hard to make with nerfs when you can try to buff the other heroes to their level?

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
-Any hero that has ever been removed was because I felt he could be better. Sometimes you try things and they don't work as well as you imagined them to be. It's not about values here, making a buff or a nerf won't do the job. Sometimes the whole fantasy, kit or idea of the hero doesn't meet up with my expectations in which case I either try something or straight up replace the hero with something better.

-I had very good reasons to nerf the Necromancer. When an Intelligence hero outdamages an Agility hero (the role of the Agility hero is DPS) then something is obviously wrong. Pair that with the tankiness provided by all Skeletal Minions and you get a hero that begs for nerfs. So don't complain about nerfs just because they are nerfs. If I nerf something I have very good reasons for it. Sometimes you may not be aware of it. Did you know that the Necromancer could outdamage the team's DPS hero before I did the nerfs in previous versions? Oh and to jump back to 2.2.7, Necromancer got some very powerful Talents for his abilities.

-How is scaling nerfing or buffing a joke? Scalings is something that has been going up and down across heroes all the time and will continue to do so, simply because I can bet I play or even observe this game way more than you do and I have insights and information regarding hero power that you do not. I will do the changes that I deem to be necessary based on my observations of other people playing the game. I did not nerf Nercomancer because I was good with him. It was because I saw another player make the Agility hero look like joke. So essentially the joke aren't the nerfs, it's your obvious distastefulness of the nerfs. Well, I make new additions, systems, abilities and whatnot all the time. And guess what? Sometimes these additions or changes require scalings to be adjusted. Sometimes it will be a buff, sometimes it will be a nerf. You simply cannot assume that I am pulling these changes out of my hat for no apparent reason. You see adjustments in the changelog to the scaling of an ability and assume I hate the hero or something. What if I have seen an interaction with that particular skill and a Glyph, Item or something else that needs adjustment? Do you know that information? No, you don't.

-I knew from the very start that there will be people complaining about Ultimates and I knew there won't be many of them, you seem to be the first one. If you loved Ultimates, unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it. To me Talents add a lot more customization and building paths to a way you play a hero while an Ultimate is an ability that does not participate in your rotation due to your high cooldown and is generally very predictable as to when you would cast it: the majority of the time you'd either dump it on big packs of mobs if it's more of an AoE ability or on bosses in the other cases. I'd much rather have a tool that allows for different playstyles rather than an ability you cast now and then in obvious scenarios and then don't even think about it for another minute or two. Ultimates are way more fit in PvP genres while they are way less interesting in a PvE environment. I'd understand if you still prefer Ultimates over Talents and to be fair I did preserve a solid amount of them into the hero kits either via levelable abilities or as Talents (Infernal, Polar Blast, Skull Split, Starfall, just to name a few of them). However this is the game that I have envisioned and so far I have gotten only 1 negative feedback regarding this addition and it's yours. I still consider it, and I knew there will be those people that liked their ultimates but it can either be the one thing or the other and I chose Talents.

Why ruin heroes you worked so hard to make with nerfs when you can try to buff the other heroes to their level?
Changing Strength scaling from 150% to 120% obviously ruins a hero, I guess... But to answer a question,
If 1 hero is stronger than another hero, you suggest to buff the second hero instead of nerfing the other. Suddenly all hero power will spike up and enemies will become a joke that you destroy with 2 abilities. "Buff the enemies aswell" you'd say. See where this is gonna go. If nerfs never happen, and adjustments are done only via buffs, you'd just start climibing an endless stairwell of taking turns buffing heroes and buffing enemies. No game can be balanced without nerfs, and you seem to be displeased with the very idea of a nerf, regardless if it makes sense or not.

Level 6
Woah, dude. This talent system is really neat. I hope you improve it a lot in the future. Needless to say, it's far better than the boring normal skill system. GJ and good luck.

Level 3
Honestly.....in my opinion,you should start making a stand alone game..this map is awesome and you have been updating it endlessly,form a team or something,Unreal engine is completely free ya know..

Level 1
So I'm running my solo Death Knight insane heroic run right now and here are my thoughts on his changes:

1) While originally the use of health instead of mana bothered me, it really helps prevent him from becoming overpowered very quickly.

2) I also like how there are no penalties for upgrading skills. Previously, it seemed illogical to upgrade skills because they costed so much more mana for only a little bit more damage. I would often neglect to upgrade them until my mana pool was very large.

3) Class mastery is a really good way for me to heal.

4) I'm glad that the stun has been moved from the healing skill to the frost one. It makes them more balanced and makes me actually use the frost one.

Also, one more thing. Glyph of Dark Pact is honestly useless in most cases. Well, not useless, but it's not often smart to take the penalty to get the boost when it uses up another glyph slot that could be used for something unambiguously good. Perhaps the dark pact could be a togglable thing separate from glyphs later on in the game? It could be toggled at some unit/hero who uses dark magic or something. Just a though/idea.

Level 1
Dragon knight seems to be bugged, some of his abilities don't do anything (fire breath and dragon strike)

Level 2
Okay, so I've been playing around with this map for a while (love it! Very well done developers!) and there's only one thing I haven't been able to figure out is what the fifth legendary item is.

I know how to get Sulfuras, Thor'idal, Atiesh and Dawn, but whatever the last one is has me completely stumped. I figure it has something to do with the Phoenix Egg (which I found via. the teleporter doodad) but I cannot for the life of me get any clue as to what to do with it. Any hints from anybody?

Level 1
Played map and realy loved it... but at some point in multiplayer games when playing it i get "I am your daddy" message and forced to quit. Also this happend 3 times when i was at dungeon with the Skull of Ravius item reward and always after dealing with the boss I get prompted with this message. Anyone knows whats this about?