• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
I think giving Archer light armor is logical; However, there is a serious problem with that. When she faces human soldiers with defend ability, reflecting her own piercing attack at herself, makes it impossible to pass them in hard difficulties at the start of the game in a single player game due to the armor-attack type relation.
when we use Demon hunter's blink and Death knight's pull abilities on Firelord just the moment he goes to the upper side of the wall it wont cancel the abilities affect although he goes invulnerable. In Demon Hunter case: Demon Hunter also gets pulled to the upper side of the wall and gets attacked by invulnerable Firelord until Firelord finishes his casting and return to the area. Then Demon Hunter sticks up there unless I use teleport to get outside of the ring. In Death Knight's case: His spell pulls Firelord back to the arena and he faces invulnerable Firelord and his fire spells defenseless until the end of the casting.
An other bug I found with Demon Hunter's blink ability is that It is not dealing damage while Demon Hunter is in Metamorphosis state.

Level 6
No. It's an Easter Egg.
2.2.5 is coming, but it won't be a big version. Few days ago I reinstalled my Windows and lost the 2.2.5 I was working on, so I had to restart from 2.2.4 on remaking it.
Just like usual, at this time of the year I am about to go into an exam session. New versions will be a rarity, if any for the next 1-2 months.
So yes, enjoy 2.2.5, which unfortunately will be smaller than I initially planned, but what can you do...

Really appreciating the effort you put in this map. Keep it going, man! And good luck with the exams.

Level 3
Hi SpasMaster,

I have been playing WC3 for almost a decade now, always enjoiying RPG´s and now I have to thank you!! This map is so f***ing awesome, I can only think of very few maps that reach this kind of dedication.

2 years ago I started to play with a friend but due to RL issues we never finished it. A few days ago I checked The Hive workshop again and saw that there is a possibility to play alone now.... so i did: I spend 10 hours to finish it on easy with 20 lives that were hardly enough :p

I am writing this because im curious and like to ask a few questions/suggestions if you dont mind:

1. A few years ago I played a map called "Explore the ruins" that didnt had as much content as yours, but while playing sunken city it somehow reminded me of that. Any chance you got inspired by that maP?

2. When we were playing before (I think it was one of the 1.x.x versions) there were bookshelfs were you could read the books telling the story of the island and if I remember correctly leaving hints to certain quests/items. I found it a little bit disappointing that in the current version they are removed. The questlog doesnt give any hints about the background and/or the story of the quests or city (e.g. save the goblins - wth are the goblins doing there anyway?) So my suggestion would be to include them again - for the "RPG feeling"

3. I read somewhere in your comments that this map emphasizes team play, which ofc is totaly cool. However, if you play solo for the first time, there are two crucial points that could make the game really frustrating: the first one is the torch that is needed to light the 3 beacons. The torch is too easly overlooked - took me an hour to browse the forums to find the answer. The second one is the situation where you have to find the "moonstone" that is needed for activating the moonrunes. ( I had to open the map in single player and use the "iseedeadpeople" cheat to find it )

I am not complaining about all the other secret stuff (that I now know missed a lot) but these points in game are crucial to continue, so I suggest to make them find easier

4. Finishing the map was somehow sad. Not only is the ending dissapointing, just entering the circle and everything is over is not worthy for a map like this. Some final cinematic would be nice :) And I suggest to add a save/load function to this map, that rewards the players for finishing the map and motivates them to play again on a maybe higher difficulty. I am thinking of a gem or something that can be saved in the backpack and levels up every time the player finishes the game providing some small attribute bonus or smth...

5. Content wise: As mentioned above more tooltips/hints/improved quest describtion would be nice. I had no clue how to solve the "treasue map quest" since it gives no hints. Or maybe I just played too long and am too tired now :p

6. Finaly a bug report :D I was playing rogue and his "thrill of the kill" skill stops at some point shooting daggers when killing an enemy. But thats just a minor bug so nevermind.

7. Just one last question: Have you ever considered to make this map a stand-alone version? 10/10 would definetly buy it! I can only guess how many hours you and your team spend on this...

so thanks for reading this, I am definetly checking this site again looking for updates...

Level 1
Hey there. Great map. Friends and I have really taken too it.

I just have a few questions/comments:

1. I found the Phoenix egg. (Got the tele early and spammed it till I got the egg) but there are no hints or books or anything that tells me anything about how to get the item from it or what to do with it after I have it. I have tried putting it in "Hot" areas (Fire boss, Boss with hot grills, The volcano near the start of the map) and nothing I have tried so far has worked. Can you give me any kind of hint for this or have a book or something in the game that helps me solve the puzzle? I also tried googling it but nothing useful came up.

2. The Book for Thori'dal has nothing in it about the disabled rod. It says that the charged stone is near the western entrance which I found easily enough but the actual rod itself it doesn't say anything about at all. I found it in the end after googling it but it was quite frustrating not knowing what to do with the charged stone after I got it.

3. Class specific items are awesome however when they drop and no one in the party is that specific class it feels really bad. Is there any way that you can make it so when they drop another class can pick them up (and not use it) but be able to sell it? Extra gold at the start of the game is really useful.

4. It says that there are 5 legendary items in the game. 3 Of them are the class ones, 1 I assume is the legend of dawn which you get by teleporting and getting lucky and I assume the last one is the one you get from the phoenix egg. Could it be possible too make a menu section in the quest log or anything (Optional section) where it says that these things exist? Like the name of them and a small tidbit of information about how to get them? Going off nothing is really annoying the books for the class legendary were really cool and a great idea.

Either way thanks for making this map and keeping it updated (Was really impressed over how many years you have worked on this and kept it updated). My friends and I will be playing it for the foreseeable future.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hi SpasMaster,

I have been playing WC3 for almost a decade now, always enjoiying RPG´s and now I have to thank you!! This map is so f***ing awesome, I can only think of very few maps that reach this kind of dedication.
Thank you.
1. A few years ago I played a map called "Explore the ruins" that didnt had as much content as yours, but while playing sunken city it somehow reminded me of that. Any chance you got inspired by that maP?
Yes, few things I got inspired by from that map. The most noticeable one is the Enchantress area, which in my case is smaller, but got inspired by a very similar area in the map you are speaking of. I got more inspired by the Blizzard Night Elf campaign in the ruins and Treasure Cave - a map I advise everyone to try out. Regarding Explore the Ruins - it has nice terrain, but I dislike the gameplay. So any similarities you may notice would be terrain-wise. Anything else is coincidence.
2. When we were playing before (I think it was one of the 1.x.x versions) there were bookshelfs were you could read the books telling the story of the island and if I remember correctly leaving hints to certain quests/items. I found it a little bit disappointing that in the current version they are removed. The questlog doesnt give any hints about the background and/or the story of the quests or city (e.g. save the goblins - wth are the goblins doing there anyway?) So my suggestion would be to include them again - for the "RPG feeling"
Bookshelves had a small issue: in multiplayer (the mode that this map is supposed to be played), more experienced players were forced to wait for the newer player to read a bunch of text. This felt bad not only for those who are waiting, but for the one who is kinda making them wait. Eventually he doesn't want to make them wait and stops reading.
However, recently I realized that I might have taken away some important information, so I have distributed most of it in new quest givers who explain the most essential information about the map.
3. I read somewhere in your comments that this map emphasizes team play, which ofc is totaly cool. However, if you play solo for the first time, there are two crucial points that could make the game really frustrating: the first one is the torch that is needed to light the 3 beacons. The torch is too easly overlooked - took me an hour to browse the forums to find the answer. The second one is the situation where you have to find the "moonstone" that is needed for activating the moonrunes. ( I had to open the map in single player and use the "iseedeadpeople" cheat to find it )

I am not complaining about all the other secret stuff (that I now know missed a lot) but these points in game are crucial to continue, so I suggest to make them find easier
Regarding the Torch - I like to have one or two such items who blend in with the environment. Often players think they are "on top" of everything, because Warcraft is an old game that they have played a million times. Noticing familiar stuff is easy for the eye of a veteran warcraft player (even if he is new to this map). So such quest items is something I intend to keep here and there.
Regarding the Moonstone - I'd accept that it is hard to find if the map did not offer atleast 5 secret areas of the same type before it. A path in a corner which is easy to miss because of environment obstacles that block the view to that path. There are multiple such hidden areas before the keystone. So from a design standpoint, you'd think that I've given the "lesson" to the players regarding what to look for. It's up to them to pay attention and check every suspicious place.
4. Finishing the map was somehow sad. Not only is the ending dissapointing, just entering the circle and everything is over is not worthy for a map like this. Some final cinematic would be nice :) And I suggest to add a save/load function to this map, that rewards the players for finishing the map and motivates them to play again on a maybe higher difficulty. I am thinking of a gem or something that can be saved in the backpack and levels up every time the player finishes the game providing some small attribute bonus or smth...
The ending is underwhelming, I agree. I will improve it eventually.
Save/Load is not something that fits this map. You play alone and it probably makes sense for you, but full completion with competent players on high difficulty takes ~4 hours. So... you save and start the game with an overpowered hero that 1-shots everything? It's a topic that I have discussed a million times. The map is not designed to have such a system. Although it has many features of ORPGs, it's not one.
5. Content wise: As mentioned above more tooltips/hints/improved quest describtion would be nice. I had no clue how to solve the "treasue map quest" since it gives no hints. Or maybe I just played too long and am too tired now :p
Agreed, I will improve some of the tips.
6. Finaly a bug report :D I was playing rogue and his "thrill of the kill" skill stops at some point shooting daggers when killing an enemy. But thats just a minor bug so nevermind.
There were some issues with that skill. I assume you haven't played version 2.2.5 which made fixes to that.
7. Just one last question: Have you ever considered to make this map a stand-alone version? 10/10 would definetly buy it! I can only guess how many hours you and your team spend on this...
I'd love to if I could afford the thousands of dollars it takes to create a standalone game :)
so thanks for reading this, I am definetly checking this site again looking for updates...
The map is usally updated 2-3 times per month. However I am about to go in exam session, so in the next 1-2 months there will hardly be any versions. After that, I am back on track. Thanks for playing.

SpasMaster

Level 23
1. I found the Phoenix egg. (Got the tele early and spammed it till I got the egg) but there are no hints or books or anything that tells me anything about how to get the item from it or what to do with it after I have it. I have tried putting it in "Hot" areas (Fire boss, Boss with hot grills, The volcano near the start of the map) and nothing I have tried so far has worked. Can you give me any kind of hint for this or have a book or something in the game that helps me solve the puzzle? I also tried googling it but nothing useful came up.
The book regarding what to do with the Phoenix Egg is located behind a door locked with Feric's key. The door is near the Skeleton Tomb Dungeon.
2. The Book for Thori'dal has nothing in it about the disabled rod. It says that the charged stone is near the western entrance which I found easily enough but the actual rod itself it doesn't say anything about at all. I found it in the end after googling it but it was quite frustrating not knowing what to do with the charged stone after I got it..
I'll improve the information.
3. Class specific items are awesome however when they drop and no one in the party is that specific class it feels really bad. Is there any way that you can make it so when they drop another class can pick them up (and not use it) but be able to sell it? Extra gold at the start of the game is really useful..
Overall I'm against it, but I'll see what design changes can be made.
Here is the thing: I want only the respective class to benefit from his item in any way possible (stats, gold, w/e). I can easily make the item not drop when the respective class is not present in the game, but then you wouldn't know it exists. The intention is for the player is to see the item that drops and say: "Hey, I should play that class next game and see what that item does."
There is something else to mention: you feel bad because you passively assume that when a class item drops - that means that another, different, usable by everyone item did not. That is not true. Class items have separate drop tables, which means that you literally don't get impacted by that class item. You loose nothing. Only the class that can use it can benefit from it. So why should other classes aswell?

Anyways, too many players want to sell the damned items and I am starting to get frusturated by that, so I might do some changes that I really don't want to. (But it won't be enabling selling those, that's for sure.)
4. It says that there are 5 legendary items in the game. 3 Of them are the class ones, 1 I assume is the legend of dawn which you get by teleporting and getting lucky and I assume the last one is the one you get from the phoenix egg. Could it be possible too make a menu section in the quest log or anything (Optional section) where it says that these things exist? Like the name of them and a small tidbit of information about how to get them? Going off nothing is really annoying the books for the class legendary were really cool and a great idea..
Each Legendary item has a book about it.
You don't get the Legend of Dawn by teleporting by the way. There are locked doors involved. You need a key to get to the Legend of Dawn. Being able or not being able to get the key is where the "random" factor comes in.
Either way thanks for making this map and keeping it updated (Was really impressed over how many years you have worked on this and kept it updated). My friends and I will be playing it for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for playing!

Level 6
OK, I've just finished a game playing Mage on Solo Insane-Heroic. Confirmed it's possible.

Some bug report:

- add some mechanism which can show you how many % is currently the Arcane Master
- sometimes the Frost Ring won't catch units in the fog (dunno if intended or not)
- forgot the name but her ultimate is buggy (if you cast it directly on the target the CD will go off but no effect whatsoever, sometimes casting it on the ground will cause no effect or lesser waves of explosion than intended)

- balance somehow the Serpent Tablet item - I've finished with 500 int, 225 str and agi only from donating to Atalai's Altar. Basically, I don't need any items but only this one.

- also, using the Serpent Tablet strat (I'll call it like that from now on), you actually make Shadow Crystal's items useless. The only useful thing is to buy +3 desired stat with them.

- I've purchased the Elemental Trinket, then cycloned the huntress boss and she got somehow bugged. She refused to go back to her original place and wandered around a lot like stuck in some corner and won't move from there. Prolly will happen with other cycloned units too.

- typing -stats will show you all that text in the bottom of the screen which is really weird

What is the difference between 10 mana per 5 sec and 2 mana per 1 sec? Same ratio 2:1 but with bigger numbers.

I think that's for now. Will add more later.

Last edited:
Level 3
OK, I've just finished a game playing Mage on Solo Insane-Heroic. Confirmed it's possible.
I have some notes though.

- add some mechanism which can show you how many % is currently the Arcane Master
- sometimes the Frost Ring won't catch units in the fog (dunno if intended or not)
- forgot the name but her ultimate is buggy (if you cast it directly on the target the CD will go off but no effect whatsoever, sometimes casting it on the ground will cause no effect or lesser waves of explosion than intended)

- balance somehow the Serpent Tablet item - I've finished with 500 int, 225 str and agi only from donating to Atalai's Altar. Basically, I don't need any items but only this one.

- also, using the Serpent Tablet strat (I'll call it like that from now on), you actually make Shadow Crystal's items useless. The only useful thing is to buy +3 desired stat with them.

- I've purchased the Elemental Trinket, then cycloned the huntress boss and she got somehow bugged. She refused to go back to her original place and wandered around a lot like stuck in some corner and won't move from there. Prolly will happen with other cycloned units too.

- typing -stats will show you all that text in the bottom of the screen which is really weird

What is the difference between 10 mana per 5 sec and 2 mana per 1 sec? Same ratio 2:1 but with bigger numbers.

I think that's for now. Will add more later.

wooah amazing! do you have any replay? I wonder how u did overcome the Golem boss near the West gate?!? I am playing with the Shaman right now and I am stuck there... On heroic mode he leeches more hp than I can damage him, since my Magic attacks only do 10% against his divine armor. But the biggest issue is that he is freaking magic immune! He is probably the only immune creep in the whole game! This is a huge problem when playing solo...

Can someone give me some hints (just hints!) on the following questions please, because they are driving me crazy...

1. The whisp (Idrisil? I forgot the name) who gives you the Queens tiarra quest is more than just a simple quest giver. Am I right?

2. The deactivated levers on the map have something to do with the locked door above the Western entrance. Yes/No?

3. Does the imprisoned Golem trigger some important stuff in order to achieve artifact weapons?

4. Whats the earliest point in game where one could achieve an artifact weapon? I got all legendary items and I have some suspicion I want to be confirmed :D

5. Finally please give me a hint on how to obtain Ferics key. I know where it is but I just can´t figure out how to get it.... As I said its driving me crazy! :D

Level 6
The Mage got a spell that deals 50% dmg to buildings -> easy Golem kill.
You need some slow effect on your weapon to keep him off distance and slowly to kite and kill him.

1. I don't think so.

2. I'm not quite sure what are you talking about. Need to check the map itself.

3. I don't think so.

4. If you are talking about Class Items, it's when you pass Western entrance -> 10+ lvl

5. Ferics key is in the secret area near the Corruption orb item, near an Atalai Altar. Near the Master Chamber.

Also, SpasMaster can offer you exact answers to your questions if I said something wrong.

Some bug report from me:

- Movement speed bonus from Atalai's Spine and Atalai's Scale does not stack with each other but they should.
- currently playing with Warrior and the Moon Key got bugged. I can now open doors from the backpack.
- sometimes summoned units when they expire in the fog will drop items on the ground
- sometimes spellcasting units will drop items after casting the spell in the fog

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
did you see my post ? you responded to everyone but me :p i think there are some good suggestions there,curious what you think...
False. You are not the only one I didn't respond to. Usually suggestions that are... how to put it... too far stretched and insane get ignored, but there, I'll respond to you just to see what I am talking about:
Add a tutorial. Simply let people choose heroes and give them max levels.
Early game acts as a tutorial. What you are asking is typical for MOBA genres, you possibly drew inspiration about that from Heroes of the Storm. Not intending to invest so much work into something so pointless.
2) Add game speed. After a friend showed me the trick, I play W3 with Cheat Engine. It let's you speed up the game. I usually play with 10-30% increased game speed, depending on the map. You could add a global buff that increases movement speed/atackspeed of heroes and monsters by a % percent. Depending on how the calculations work, balance my change . If it's too drastic, make it movement speed. If you and enemies would move 30% faster nothing would be lost.
The hell... so how will that Attack Speed help a Mage "speed up the game"? You want to use cheat engines? Go ahead. This is ridiculous.
add a shared life mod. Instead of each people having lifes, you have them in one place. Could help/reward team play and punish noobs.
A mod - it's a possibility. Overall not a fan of it.
4) Make the attribute bonus more interesting or stronger. Seems like you could so something with it. or just remove it...With the glyph ESC system putting points there is kinda meh, and very few people do it, only at end game.
If I get the right idea for a replacement, I'll do it.
6)An option to remove tips ?
No. I want you to read them ;)
7) Disable monster kiting at healing stones. As a melle char you can position yourself to get healed while the monster just dies. Make it so he runs away in a situation like this or something.
I can't disable it. Sorry. It's always risky tho and almost impossible to do in multiplayer games on higher difficulties.
8) Give ability to turn off items like flame grasp. Can be annoying with certain builds making aggro.
Can't do that. I might think of an alternative solution.
9)Show what items are part of a recipe, so people don't accidentally sell stuff. You could either have this written on an item, or show it when a certain skill is used on the item. Either full text " recipes 3 first row 2nd item" . Or something more simple. Just R3 R1 I2
I'd rather have you pay attention instead of filling item descriptions with coded rows and recipes. Takes you out of the game.
10)I know you said a long time ago that you don't like it, but having items in a logical order would help a lot... Items are important and so much time is wasted on searching. Having " armor" " dps" " int" or any other list system would be nice,even if it isn't 100% perfect.
I want items to be distributed equally, so the lists you suggest won't be possible, because "armor" items for example are more than "int" items. Not to mention I will need twice as more shop sections which I can't afford. With time you get used to the shop.

add some mechanism which can show you how many % is currently the Arcane Master
>_> Come on, it's not that hard to calculate it. And even if it is, calculator takes less than a minute to do that for you.
forgot the name but her ultimate is buggy (if you cast it directly on the target the CD will go off but no effect whatsoever, sometimes casting it on the ground will cause no effect or lesser waves of explosion than intended)
The skill has a short channel. Giving your hero orders, can interrupt the spellcast. I will include that in the tooltip.
balance somehow the Serpent Tablet item - I've finished with 500 int, 225 str and agi only from donating to Atalai's Altar. Basically, I don't need any items but only this one.
You played singleplayer, correct? For how many hours? I balance the game according to performance and results in multiplayer team games. The exploits of 10 hour singleplayer games do not concern me.
Obviously you can spam altar 1 week and end up with thousands of attributes. Does it mean I should "balance" it based on that? No.
also, using the Serpent Tablet strat (I'll call it like that from now on), you actually make Shadow Crystal's items useless. The only useful thing is to buy +3 desired stat with them.
Wait... if the Shadow Crystals are useful for something, then they are not useless...
You have options about Shadow Crystals:
-Buy Shadow Crystal items.
-Buy Tomes.
-Collect them for a stronger Shadow Collector Glyph.
-Get Black Raven.

If you are using them in either 1 of those ways, then they are useful. They would be useless if you cannot do anything with them.
I've purchased the Elemental Trinket, then cycloned the huntress boss and she got somehow bugged. She refused to go back to her original place and wandered around a lot like stuck in some corner and won't move from there. Prolly will happen with other cycloned units too.
Azsune has buggy behavior, triggered by many things, including the cyclone. I'll see what I can do.
typing -stats will show you all that text in the bottom of the screen which is really weird
Try again with a different warcraft resolution.
Where did you find 10 mana per 5 sec?
Movement speed bonus from Atalai's Spine and Atalai's Scale does not stack with each other but they should.
Will check it out.
currently playing with Warrior and the Moon Key got bugged. I can now open doors from the backpack.
Umm... It has been able to open doors from the backpack for years... >_>
sometimes summoned units when they expire in the fog will drop items on the ground
More information please. Player summons? Enemy summons? How many items?
sometimes spellcasting units will drop items after casting the spell in the fog
I don't understand..

1. The whisp (Idrisil? I forgot the name) who gives you the Queens tiarra quest is more than just a simple quest giver. Am I right?
No. He is not.
2. The deactivated levers on the map have something to do with the locked door above the Western entrance. Yes/No?
No.
3. Does the imprisoned Golem trigger some important stuff in order to achieve artifact weapons?
No.
4. Whats the earliest point in game where one could achieve an artifact weapon? I got all legendary items and I have some suspicion I want to be confirmed :D
You can get the tools to acquire Artifacts at level 1. (Theoretically)
But to actually reach the Artifacts, probaly ~lvl 8-9
5. Finally please give me a hint on how to obtain Ferics key. I know where it is but I just can´t figure out how to get it.... As I said its driving me crazy! :D
Look near the Master's Chamber.

Level 6
SpasMaster said:
>_> Come on, it's not that hard to calculate it. And even if it is, calculator takes less than a minute to do that for you.

For consistency sake. It will make the map look more polished.

SpasMaster said:
The skill has a short channel. Giving your hero orders, can interrupt the spellcast. I will include that in the tooltip.

Thanks for clearing that one out.

SpasMaster said:
Does it mean I should "balance" it based on that? No.

I see your point.

SpasMaster said:
Wait... if the Shadow Crystals are useful for something, then they are not useless...

I won't argue about that, but I think you get my point anyway.

SpasMaster said:
Try again with a different warcraft resolution.

WC3 res is 1280x1024x32. Highest possible for me.

SpasMaster said:
Where did you find 10 mana per 5 sec?

Actually it was 9 per 5 but does it really matter? The ratio is bugging me somehow. I imagine you know your work but wanted to hear your opinion on this one. It's basically the same or is it?

SpasMaster said:
Umm... It has been able to open doors from the backpack for years... >_>

Oh, I'm the fool right now.

SpasMaster said:
More information please. Player summons? Enemy summons? How many items?

Let's say an enemy unit summons given unit. After the summon expires, you can actually see "bonus drop" in the fog. It's not 100% of the time but it's pretty often, imo.
Usually, orbs, potions, tomes but rarely items.

Burndead said:
sometimes spellcasting units will drop items after casting the spell in the fog

It's pretty much the same scenario with the summoned units.

Let's take for example a camp with murlocs and a naga behind them. She can cast healing smoke, right? I've noticed that when I take agro from murlocs, she casts it in the fog and later I see one of these spawned near her - an orb, a potion, a tome.
Dunno what's causing it.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Actually it was 9 per 5 but does it really matter? The ratio is bugging me somehow. I imagine you know your work but wanted to hear your opinion on this one. It's basically the same or is it?
I asked the wrong question, excuse me. Where did you see 2 mana per 1 second? Because this value should only exist within abilities, not items. If you've seen "mana per 1 second" in an item, then that's not intended.

I am using the "mana per 5 seconds" because its more flexible. Let me give an example; let's imagine I am making a new item. If I am using "mana per 1 second" I have the following options:
-1 mana per second
-2 mana per second
-3 mana per second
And so on...

But what if 2 mana per second seems a lot to me and 1 mana per second seems not enough?
However, if I use mana per 5 seconds I have more options:
-5 mana per 5 seconds (=1 mana per second)
-6 mana per 5 seconds
-7 mana per 5 seconds
-8 mana per 5 seconds
-9 mana per 5 seconds
-10 mana per 5 seconds (=2 mana per second)
See how much more flexible it is? That's why items use the "per 5 seconds" values. If you see an item with "per 1 second" it shouldn't be worded like that and needs fix, that's why I ask.

Level 6
I do agree it is more flexible this way.

Can you add cd timer on Sigil of Alar? Like how you did on the random teleporter?

Is the Cosmic orb item leads you to another item? If so, are there any special requirements to get it?

Are there any hints when starting a new game if a given special item will be obtainable or not?

Can you make Warrior's Heroic Leap not to lose focused target? Kinda annoying to click everytime on the desired unit, especially when fighting a Boss.

Edit: Two pairs of Light Leather Boots ms bonus doesn't stack with each other.

Last edited:
Level 1
I'm stuck after killing Hajatza. I killed a golem that was protecting a door but i can't open it.It says: The nearby magical stones keep the door locked. Try looking for something that will activate them. I get the key from the platform near the door but it doesn't work what can i do?

Level 6
I'm stuck after killing Hajatza. I killed a golem that was protecting a door but i can't open it.It says: The nearby magical stones keep the door locked. Try looking for something that will activate them. I get the key from the platform near the door but it doesn't work what can i do?

You need the moon stone key, not the guardian one. It is hidden near in this area. Good luck.

Level 3

look harder :D the treasure room might be a good start to search... ;)

Level 2
great map. nice work. thanks for the hard work.
my suggestion :
I think either the cool-down of the the artifact that randomly teleports player in the map(I dont remember the name of the item) should be decreased or failing chance should be removed(I mean it should successfully teleport whenever one use it) or It should be remade so that it wont teleport us to one of the previously visited spot. I am suggesting this because failing chance is really high and cool down duration is really long.

Level 6
Can you explain in details the mechanics behind the caves/holes which are spawning creeps? I have some doubts and need to confirm/reject them.

Also, I didn't expect .26 to come out so soon. Someone has a good time taking exams.

Keep it up.

P.S. Have you thought of putting a nice mysterious loading screen?

P.P.S. Do you consider putting chest keys in shops and set shadow crystals as a price?

EDIT:
- Shadow Core's recipe is not fully written in the description when you hover it in the inventory.
- Shadow Core's recipe got bugged. I assembled the item and the recipe still remained in the inventory.

Last edited:
Level 4
I probably won't recieve an answer for that, but who is the author of Tauren model, which is used as Druid hero? It's quite trully important for me to know and I didn't manage to find it in credits list by myself.
If someone at least knows how/where to get it, please, tell me.

Level 6
how to solve the magical pen wall at the western entrance? what material does it want?

You need ghost key.
You can get it by killing Zerash who's sitting near the troll dungeon.
In order to kill him you need an item dropped from Azsune - the huntress boss.
The item allows you to throw a bolt to damage him.

The item is not obtained every game.

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Can you explain in details the mechanics behind the caves/holes which are spawning creeps? I have some doubts and need to confirm/reject them.
Approaching them triggers a chance for minions to spawn. They either spawn or they don't. Regardless of the outcome, some time needs to pass before the chance can be run again.
Also, I didn't expect .26 to come out so soon. Someone has a good time taking exams.
There were major bugs with 3 Glyphs (which now I notice that I haven't included in the changelog), I couldn't afford to have 2.2.5 running for almost a month with 3 bugged glyphs. 2.2.6 was meant to be much bigger, but yeah...
P.S. Have you thought of putting a nice mysterious loading screen?
Loading Screens take a lot of space. Once Blizzard release the patch that increases map size limit, I will probably get one.
P.P.S. Do you consider putting chest keys in shops and set shadow crystals as a price?
Ehh, not for the time being, but it's not off the table for the future.
Shadow Core's recipe is not fully written in the description when you hover it in the inventory.
Recipe descriptions are larger and therefore cut in the inventory, because new lines appear such as "Drop item on shop to sell". I can't do much about it, what matters to me is that the description is fully written in the shop.
Shadow Core's recipe got bugged. I assembled the item and the recipe still remained in the inventory.
Will check it out.

Level 1
Found a bug with Windforce totem:
Recipe description: "requires sapphire and gloves of haste". But in fact it requires robe of the magi and gloves of haste, like in older versions. also, didn't find patchnotes with changing stats of windforce totem (since 1.8.2)

Level 2
Since the 1.9 was some hard play, have to get combinations of heroes to go good, but with the last corrections, almost every are good in team, ¡GJ!

I love flame warden, and i love hes correction, back to be a good char, and as you said pages ago, has a great potential as pet master. Well, i only see that in very late game, start in easy-mid game to that, become you very weak, but probably it's because I’m a newbie (even when i'm playing initials 1.#.# xD)

The boss (lady lunar in tiger) only clone in 51% making impossible the quest.

like other said, the "-stats" show the explain text, not the stats or commands to see it.

Maybe can up the time for triple kill mission? of 3 to 5 (or 4)? In 3players it's very easy get it, but in two it's very random even if you clearly can (cause mana, stun, etc)
Good change in the pool party mission, the before was very very hard.

the lvl 9 dung, the final boss has a pillars, are part of a mission? (or the zone?)

In the creation trade item npc, when you fight with the mobs around her, sometimes the wizards of the boss at the right room can teleport you (explore map mode, not always visible)

In the horde shop near the mine that have destroy. ¿Isn't the items some low by that time?

¿Feric scepter? or some like that to complete the moon/queen scepter recipe (diamond, queen tiara, king ....) For what zone or what i have do to get it?

Solved, around the mine gold.

The blow cup (that we have to refill with water) near what zone i have to use it?
Solved reading fb, around the panda shop.

It's possible complete the "without die" missions without farm a long time play? (¿tips? :p ) also, ¿What type of rewards give? have to be amazings xD

Also for the hotkeys that in some chars don't work, you said it's for a non-English version of game, is that or for the writer language preference in windows?

Thanks for the last versions, enjoyed the map again :)

Last edited:
Level 1
I just find some weird bugs:
If you are using a Doll of Nightmare or a Iron Cleaver, you can't deal damage to buildings (tested with Tidewarrior, Ice Lancer and Rogue), also in the part near the troll village, where you need to activate the plataforms, I just activated them all but it doesn't open the door.

Level 3
Hi there guys. I have a few questions, and a bug report. I've read almost all of the discussion on here, but no answers found.
Let's begin with the bug report: clicking the King's Blood quest item gives an infinitely stackable permanent +2 STR boost (on a STR hero, might also be primary attribute boost). I hardly think this is intentional.
Now to my questions:
1. After completing all the quests and challenges, I still have items and areas to explore. I can't pass any of the Master Chamber doors (though I have one of the tokens that are apparently required for one of them). They were said to contain Artifact items. The Wyrm thing should be accessible with the tokens, but can anyone provide a hint for the other door (which should have a Life... thing item behind it)?
2. I have a surplus of seemingly random items. Does anyone know if the Nerubian Egg, Corrupted Essence, a Kerrata mushroom and a third Explosives have any use?
3. I can't find the last Royal Ruby (I know where to use them). I have found the one near the level 4 Dungeon behind the pillar, and the one next to the gate at the end of the 'The Path is Clear' quest. Can anyone provide any hints as to where to look for the last one?

On a side note, I also have never received the item that kills Zerash yet for the Ghost Key. If any of the questions lead to that answer, just say so, and I will play until I get the moon beam.. stone.. whatever thing to kill him from Aszune :)

SpasMaster

Level 23
Hi there guys. I have a few questions, and a bug report. I've read almost all of the discussion on here, but no answers found.
Let's begin with the bug report: clicking the King's Blood quest item gives an infinitely stackable permanent +2 STR boost (on a STR hero, might also be primary attribute boost). I hardly think this is intentional.
Yes, it's a bug. I am aware of it, will be fixed in 2.2.7.
After completing all the quests and challenges, I still have items and areas to explore. I can't pass any of the Master Chamber doors (though I have one of the tokens that are apparently required for one of them). They were said to contain Artifact items. The Wyrm thing should be accessible with the tokens, but can anyone provide a hint for the other door (which should have a Life... thing item behind it)?
Left Gate - 2 Tokens (both low drop chances. sources are not mobs)
Right Gate - Key of Life (extremely low drop chance from mobs)
I have a surplus of seemingly random items. Does anyone know if the Nerubian Egg, Corrupted Essence, a Kerrata mushroom and a third Explosives have any use?
Egg, Essence and Kerrata are part of a Legendary item. After you kill Zerash, you will find a use of them. Third Explosive opens up a path to a secret area in the late game areas.
I can't find the last Royal Ruby (I know where to use them). I have found the one near the level 4 Dungeon behind the pillar, and the one next to the gate at the end of the 'The Path is Clear' quest. Can anyone provide any hints as to where to look for the last one?
Look around the place where you killed the Satyr Gazret.

Level 2
don't know if this question has been answered before, if so: pls tell me which page on this forum
Is the Phoenix Egg only obtainable by one specific hero or can everyone get it? if everyone, please give me a hint. i know the location but can't get to it.

Level 2
what about the Armory? also need the teleport or only rogues or all classes through another way?
and what is it with Broxigar's Axt? It doesn't increase the dmg on enemies with godly armor. do i need to combine it with something?

SpasMaster

Level 23
Armory and Broxigar's Axe are both very outdated and removed in recent versions. You need to play the latest Sunken City version 2.2.6.
Regarding the teleport - it's not an ability, it's a tool. Anyone can get it.
Also don't double post, use Edit button instead.

Level 2
haven't played through the whole map yet, but have some buggs to report:
1. I bought the ultrasafe teleporter and it ported me one of the bottom spots (above the troll dungeon) and i got pulled out by a mob which can pull you to their location, but the mob wasn't there, so i was just "ported" out of the spot and now I could already collect all the secrets and so on, without any mobs around. this happened a 2nd time as well... mobs that are not there yet can use abilities.
2. Every little Hydra drops "Venom of the Ocean" --> too much gold
ooh and the death knight is too strong with the "gain 1hp for every spell cast".

kar

kar

Level 1
HEY MAN :D awesome map and stuff ... maybe ive found a bug , when im playing Ozzy - Monk ( PANDA ) and i got this quest starting item - KING´S BLOOD = its useable every 2 seconds but its increasing my primary stat. and dmg ofc , im lvl 10 and got 6000hp and over 300 strength , imagine that damage :D

kar

kar

Level 1
maybe i should stop using it :D i have 600 strength
*feeling like final boss of the game*

Level 5
What is the background music? It reminds me of Stargate Atlantis, but I can't find any information. Is it from warcraft 3, or elsewhere?

Also, Why can't you pick up other class items with the backpack to sell?