• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 4
great map.
You guys should create an RPG out of it.
There are way to many heroes for an rpg map. You can combine them and their skills to create heroes with more diversity in builds.

EDIT:
After playing the map some times in BN with random people.

Question:
When can we save?

The map is too long to be finished with one play. takes too much time. Something should be done for it.

Last edited:
Level 2
currently playing with my friends
but we completely got stuck at the password '3'
anybody has any ideas how to open it?
we complete almost the quest
only finding the lost goblins left

Level 1
I seem to recall something about wc3 not saving the triggers properly. For many other complex RPG/crawler styled maps I've played there are certain problems when you reload. For example some heroes with complicated skills or certain quests will mess up after you reload. Particularly VRPG.

Does anything like this happen for Sunken City?

If not horray, I can take turns. So no more 5 hours-straight runs (which tbh has been the major problem with this map for me and my friends).

Btw, nice map. I played back in the 9.x days and it nice to see how much you've changed it over the years with all that polish. Though it was still a good map back then, just I seem to remember we found too many exploits.

Diabolic scepter nerfed to oblivion... 200hp fits for this map, but it's not really worth the gold cost anymore.

Level 2
I'm a big fan of this map I've been playing Sunken city occasionally with friend but mostly by myself- Thanks for making it a bit more single player intuitive by the way with furbolg summons and a starter orc buddy- I was wondering if the Deathknight's model has ever been in question of being changed? Its not bad and there are only a few small issues (polymorph making weapon disappear) but seeing a Orc in Warrior S2 pvp gear , T6 Onslaught pve, doesn't say DK to me It says, well, warrior. Just a question I was wondering about. If you pay mind to me I'd be grateful! Oh yeah love the Shadow Knight Very close with the DK in terms of favorite strength, but I really wish he wasnt a lump when his skills are on CD (being a Health based caster) Maybe a bit of STR scaling love for Shadow Knight or something?

Level 6
tyr's wrath recipe is incomplete...what's the third item?
EDIT: after restarting the game it worked. This is a nice update!

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Are you planing on making map similar to this?

I've had a few other projects in the past, none of them were RPG and none of them managed to get completed unfortunately. Nowadays I am casually updating this, I don't think I have the will and passion to start something new from scratch. This map however - it will continue to get worked on in the forseeable future. :)

Level 3
Great map, up until I died, not that there's anything wrong with dying, I enjoyed the challenge offered in a lot of the encounters. Love the heroes, and the levelling system is pretty much perfect, however, instant kill trap deaths, are terrible imo. Bad design that is catastrophic for ironman playthroughs, and a very anti-climactic end. It would be cool if instant kill traps were replaced with something like damage traps. In any case, not possible to save online games(?), so well over an hour of gameplay was tragically cut short by random trap death..

Didn't even have a cool effect to let me know what happened..how unfortunate. Still a great map despite that kind of hiccup, definitely looking forward to playing again with a new hero, speaking of which, are instant kill traps like that common?(Might give myself max lives on next play.)

SpasMaster

Level 23
Bad design that is catastrophic for ironman playthroughs, and a very anti-climactic end. It would be cool if instant kill traps were replaced with something like damage traps.

These traps can easily be spotted since they are always accompanied by skulls and braizers. Damage-only dealing trap is too forgiving. Imagine the scenario where someone gets in there and survives at 10% hp; "Lol, I failed at observation, but thankfully I am still alive." If you survive that trap once, you'll never die at it again. Ever.

In any case, not possible to save online games(?), so well over an hour of gameplay was tragically cut short by random trap death..

It is possible to save any game (online, single player, lan, you name it) via the Warcraft 3 save menu. As stated hundreds of times here in this thread - warcraft 3 save option exists since the release of Warcraft III and works perfectly with this map.

Still a great map despite that kind of hiccup, definitely looking forward to playing again with a new hero, speaking of which, are instant kill traps like that common?(Might give myself max lives on next play.)

Thanks for your comments. I'll try to improve visibility and readability of traps, but keep in mind - these traps are there to make every player be careful with each and every step he takes, to show you that there is danger everywhere, otherwise it would become too... hmm.. "safe"?

Anyways, let me know how your next game went and also, as a research for me and for yourself answer this after you finish next time: "Did you fall into the same traps again?"

hf ;)

Level 2
Master chamber

I played the map with my friend. We were playing it slowly so it took us about 5 hours to complete the whole map and then we stayed in the map for an hour longer just to find how to open those doors at master chamber. After searching for an hour we couldn't find anything. Can you give us some hints or tips ? Also we couldn't find Feric's key. (we were thinking that behind some doors that needed Feric's key would be the answer but we couldnt find it anywhere) and yes we know about the place where you need torch but when we get there we still dont have that Feric's key

Level 3
@Spasorc
Haha, yes actually, my partner died at the tome of experience. May be a result of the tome drawing the eye making you forget the surroundings, then she thought maybe you could sneak around the back and get it, only to die again.

But now that you mention the bones I suppose it's not so bad, if the props are used consistently it's less about luck . Of course I didn't see them my first death. In any case I'm enjoying this time just as much as the last, and yes I bumped up my lives to 10.

Well, I still dislike that kind of thing but I suppose it's just a preference, I understand what you were going for. Although for the sake of damage traps, the idea would be to have the trap damage your health in a spot where enemies are, making you disadvantaged. Obviously lone traps would be pointless with that system since you could just warp to a stone to heal.
I guess my outlook is simply that the punishment for something like failing at observation/pixel hunting is disproportionate, when you spend so much time doing such epic things and becoming so indestructible, only to simply fall over and die because you walked by a brazier. Anyway, your mod, your rules, maybe I was just a bit butthurt over failing.

Still a brilliant mod, as for the saving, I haven't read the whole thread yet as it is quite long. But saving for me doesn't work, which is why I stated as such, I was able to save once at the earliest point of the game, after which the save/load buttons are greyed out and unclickable.

Edit: Well, turns out you can only save once per play session, which is rather silly, unfortunately that means my second game was cut short. Had some things to do and me and my Lan partner left our heroes in the orc encampment near the healing stone, when we got back infernal had taken them out.. Hahaha, so much bad luck..Well, to be honest the party composition wasn't great.
Speaking of which, a suggestion, it would be rather cool to be able to make a party composed of heroes with the same main attribute, even if possible ineffective or unbalanced. Re-playability would definitely benefit.

Last edited:
Level 15
I've had a few other projects in the past, none of them were RPG and none of them managed to get completed unfortunately. Nowadays I am casually updating this, I don't think I have the will and passion to start something new from scratch. This map however - it will continue to get worked on in the forseeable future. :)

It is sad to hear that, but I see you have invested a lot of time into this map, so it is understandable, but can we expect to see some new heroes? At least 6 more to fill those circles? And please, I beg you, change those WoW rip-offs whit something else, there is a lot of great models on this site, there is just no need to use those ugly ass models... But my friend you did a great job, and I thank you for that ! :thumbs_up:

Level 8
It is sad to hear that, but I see you have invested a lot of time into this map, so it is understandable, but can we expect to see some new heroes? At least 6 more to fill those circles? And please, I beg you, change those WoW rip-offs whit something else, there is a lot of great models on this site, there is just no need to use those ugly ass models... But my friend you did a great job, and I thank you for that ! :thumbs_up:

He simply cant afford new models and heroes because of the limits WE puts on multiplayer maps...
Sad but true :(

Level 4
It has been changed. You should check out the changelogs :)

hey ! : ( why did you delete the option to play with whosyourdaddy ? its only in single player avaible to cheat yeah but .. why ? the other cheats not to use ok thats good but daddy ? : (

EDIT: its ok now i can deal with it .... : D

Last edited:
Level 3
You should make it so that if everyone has Serpent Tablets Atal'ai isn't hostile and you get some sort of reward for summoning him. Or if you give him enough offerings anyway, I really love the serpent tablet item and I think that adding an interaction with him and players who have it would be a neat thing to do with your map. (=

Level 2
Hello, me and some friends where just playing a run in sunken city and we found a item with a bug.
The item.

Flesh Shredder.
+7 Agility
+7 Strength
Use: deal 250 damage to a targeted enemy unit

the item doesn't give stregth, it give intelligence instead. which isn't what the text says is should give.

just wanted you to know so you can fix it :)

Have a nice day.

Level 1
Tinker is causing the game to crash when choosing certain skills. Witch Dr. is also still causing crashes especially when facing mobs with "Murloc Snarecasters". Kinda have to avoid playing these chars to avoid crashes. You might have fixed it already but crystal crown item used to/still adds an extra 3-4 to your primary attribute when you drop and re-pick it up.

Level 3
demmit AU.... i'm spreading this through GameRanger then xd.

heres something worth looking at i just found at single player:
-the starting area's west gate can be opened through attacking the switch beyond the other side with always visible. when entering it you get 1 hit ko for no reason(don wan any spoiler now, must be some magic spell trigger thingy) , along with your backpack and glyph, where backpack count as 1 life, after a few seconds before reviving, your hero will die again, costing 3 lives .__.'..

-as for the glyph, it disappears forever . . .
-(trivia)manage to reach level 3 and consumed all 20 lives for a lot of trolling.
-unconfirmed: during always visible Inhabitants faction will chase you to the end of the world when provoked unlike creep which have their 'camping range limit' (though they can be stopped by disables such as stun/snare/root)
-i'm not sure about how summons works for the heroes in this game yet but they may pass through other side of the door if you summon infront of a locked door. (if the spaces are right)
-could you make the resurrection stone into 'Player Faction' rather than Neutral Passive Faction? i'm hoping to use Ctrl+1 on it to recall back more conveniently....

Level 1
Hey spas don't know if you saw my post but crystal crown still gives 3+ primary attribute when dropped and picked up, also the Monks aoe/heal uplift tends to randomly spike in damage and 1 hit mobs.

Level 5
Hey spas don't know if you saw my post but crystal crown still gives 3+ primary attribute when dropped and picked up, also the Monks aoe/heal uplift tends to randomly spike in damage and 1 hit mobs.
He's right about the Monk. When the monk uses his ultimate skill Serenity before using his Third Skill Expel Harm (was it?), the counter for the heal goes around 100k+ and the damage dealt to mobs goes somewhere around 18k.
After testing it around on our game, I noticed that the spike only happens when Serenity is in effect. Hope this helps.

Level 3
Gem of true seeing..... How many ghost i have to find with this gem?
So far i only found 8... 8 letters, and still thinking whats the word...

Last edited:
Level 1
1.found these letters, "ahirktes" .. what's the word? there are 40 thousand permutations for this.
... any hints spas orc , like is it really just a word or words? and do i just type it while standing at the red mark on the ground at the master's chamber, using v.1.8.7 here.
2. Dawn legend , is the recipe book really reachable by any hero?

Last edited:
Level 1
How do you light the 3 braziers ? Only found one kalissea flame in the room where the elephant boss spawns

Edit: Found a second one below where the crown spawns, wouldn't mind a hint on where the last one is :)

Last edited:
Level 4
Spasorc, current version is again awesome!
Queen's tomb is a bit complicated, but for sure it is interesting!
Got some portion of questions:

1. Broxigavr axe - it's recipe is obtainable only via random drop from creeps/chests or it can be obtained for sure in every game?
2. Secret Area's location was changed, but is there any hint about it (like compass before?) And obtaining the Scepter is enough to finish this quest (as it was before), or some other item is needed?
3. In 3 out of 3 games there was no drop of Moon Guard Scepter - so obtaining of "The Dawn" quest was changed?
4. Naga Risaj drops a gem - is there any special purpose for it or it is just a single item?
5. Naga from the Shrine drops an item that is belong to "someone that was always near when his help is needed" - so such item is also a part of some quest and has to be given to somebody?
6. Temple tablet with old code for the door - currently is not usable and can be sold? The Door now is blocked?
7. Is that normal that Trezrak drops nothing?

Thank you again, man, for always being so kind to create a version after verison, changing the map in order to be playable for old players again and again and again!

SpasMaster

Level 23
1. Broxigavr axe - it's recipe is obtainable only via random drop from creeps/chests or it can be obtained for sure in every game?

It's rare drop from chests. Not obtainable every game.

2. Secret Area's location was changed, but is there any hint about it (like compass before?) And obtaining the Scepter is enough to finish this quest (as it was before), or some other item is needed?

The changed secret area has nothing to do with Compass or Scepter. It's not the secret area you are thinking about. The one I have changed is one of the 23 secret areas around the map.

3. In 3 out of 3 games there was no drop of Moon Guard Scepter - so obtaining of "The Dawn" quest was changed?

Dawn is not obtainable every game. However, Moon Guard's Scepter isn't the only item you can use.

4. Naga Risaj drops a gem - is there any special purpose for it or it is just a single item?

No, nothing special about it.

5. Naga from the Shrine drops an item that is belong to "someone that was always near when his help is needed" - so such item is also a part of some quest and has to be given to somebody?

It's an item that is tribute to a friend of mine. :) Nothing special about it - just an Easter Egg.

6. Temple tablet with old code for the door - currently is not usable and can be sold? The Door now is blocked?

The words on the Temple Tablet are no longer related to either of the doors in Master's Chamber and currently have no use. This may change in the future though, so keep an eye on it.

7. Is that normal that Trezrak drops nothing?

It's a bug, will be fixed.

Thank you again, man, for always being so kind to create a version after verison, changing the map in order to be playable for old players again and again and again!

You are very welcome. Why don't you join our Garena Group and play with us? :)

Level 4
It's rare drop from chests. Not obtainable every game.

The changed secret area has nothing to do with Compass or Scepter. It's not the secret area you are thinking about. The one I have changed is one of the 23 secret areas around the map.

You are very welcome. Why don't you join our Garena Group and play with us? :)

I meant the red item - the teleportation location changed and dunno where and if only the scepter is needed - that was the question)

For other answers - more than thank you!

For sure I'll join Garena!!! I was planning to do it in the next few weeks!

SpasMaster

Level 23
Spacorc, maybe you can add the ability to buy a chest key? For example for 3 shadow crystals - in order to increase the chances of obtaining Broxigavr's Axe recipe?
And could you please tell - all chests are similar or later game chests has more chanses to drop good items?

All chests have the same drop chances with few exceptions:
-the chest behind Feric's Door.
-the chests at the Queen's Tomb Dungeon.