• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
Tooltip Error Discovered

As you can see the shop tooltip for War Sword says it reduces armor by 3 while the inventory tooltip and the amount of armor reduced on a murloc say 5.

Also found another error

I have Belt of Giant Strength; Blade Treads (although recipe says Blade Threads---typo?) and Mantle of Sorceror (although recipes says Sorcceror--another typo?) and it isn't combining.

Just figured out why--the shop tooltip has a 4th ingredient listed that the inventory tooltip does not (Periapt of Vitality) (and it has same typos for Treads and Sorceror) (the item combined successfully now)

Was this intentional? You give us a grunt in single player but it is unable to enter through required level areas and thus unable to help us open gates beyond them?

Last edited:
Level 1
I did not make a password so I can go around and tell it to people. If I just tell it to anyone that asks me, why have a password in the first place? Do some research and playing, giving up is always easy.

You don't need portal for King's Blood..

Hi Spasorc,

Well, now i can solve what i asked above. So far i can solve these below quests or secrets:

1. King's blood
2. Queen's Tiara and Queen Scepter (password of master's chamber)
3. How to kill zerash
4. How to obtain item "heart of wyrmrest" (dragon aspects)
5. How to obtain three legendary items (Int, agi, str)
6. How to obtain "the dawn"
7. How to obtain "ghost key"
8. Find all hidden areas
9. Any other secret

I just wondering these below secret as i still don't have any clue:
1. Garthok's axe. Is it obtainable?
2. Hadeis the tuskar. Is it something i can get from this figure? or it just a scam?
3. Broxigar's enchanted axe. Is it obtainable?
4. Keg ale. Is it have something special or just ordinary item?
5. is argus items have something special?

If you have any other secret in this map which i don't listed above, please let me know. So i can solve it for sure.

Level 1
Hi, I wanted to say that this map is fantastic! you and your team an amazing job. I have a question, I'm new to rpg warcraft 3 mode and I wanted to know if it was possible to save progress when playing with friends on the battle.net?

Level 4
Hi, I wanted to say that this map is fantastic! you and your team an amazing job. I have a question, I'm new to rpg warcraft 3 mode and I wanted to know if it was possible to save progress when playing with friends on the battle.net?

yeah it is. but your friends have to join then your save state :D i hope y understand me :D :goblin_good_job:
if you stop, and then you wanna play with them tomorrow again...

Level 1
yeah it is. but your friends have to join then your save state :D i hope y understand me :D :goblin_good_job:
if you stop, and then you wanna play with them tomorrow again...

Thank you for the replly, but I'm not sure to understand what you mean by saving state ? Do I have to take the saved file in the create game menu on the battle.net? Is it everyone on the game that have to save the game or only the host? really sorry to bother you again :p I feel like a total newbie :ogre_hurrhurr:

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23

While playing with your friends, use the regular Save option from the menu and it will work. :p

Level 2
Downloaded the new version, can't wait to play tomorrow when I have time!!

Btw, you wrote "The health of many early game creeps has been reduced." twice in the latest changelog. :)

Level 2
Hello, first i must say great work! this is a fantasic map.
Did notice a thing:
-In the start when you are doing the Tombstone quest, if you stand to the right of the enchantress and use a aoe skill, you might get teleported to the boss on the other side of the wall.

Orc Marauder: this is just something you can think about (not really sure is it's possible to do, I'm not too familiar with the wc3 editor) but when he use the "Weapon switch" skill, it would be awesome if he accually switch weapon in the mainhand, so if he got "sword" choosen on the skill, he use sword in main hand.

Keep up the good work :) 5/5!

(p.s, sorry if my english or the grammar is bad)

Level 2
hi spaceorc.. I wanna report a bug, not sure it's a bug or not, when I used the new hero (agi hero), on lvl 2 skill called fang, suddenly freeze my comp and the pop out return to desktop and warcraft got closed... can u check it? thx

Level 2
Passed the game several times. A very good impression. I found all the secrets. If you have doubts about the choice of hero for solo playind, see screenshot.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Passed the game several times. A very good impression. I found all the secrets. If you have doubts about the choice of hero for solo playind, see screenshot.

No wonder you found all secrets with cheat code. No wonder you passed the game several times with cheats.

Try the game without them next time - it tends to be more fun. :)

Level 2
This is not my first playthrough. And it's not cheats, I just picked the settings Map - Open. Open card does not help me to find all the secrets, help only to keep track of their location and use the teleporters in Resu stone to take care of my time

SpasMaster

Level 23
Maybe it's bugged, I went there already and nothing happened. Maybe I need the King's Blood/Warden Key/Main Key/Corrupt Essence to trigger it?

It's not bugged. You don't need any item. Which version are you playing? In older versions only players can trigger it. Also, by leaving the circle the door closes. So you need someone to stay on the circle while another guy presses the switch.

Level 2
Faced with such a problem: if run in front of a goblin engineer, he will stand in place and not mend the lift switch. He will just stand still. (v. 1.7.6)

Level 3

That's the most boring way to do it, i used to pass this map on hell/hard alone without cheats, really interesting and required a bit of strategy.

Trying to finish it on insane, 8 hours of gameplay with a DK (7.5k HP) and just reached Troll tribe, no death yet. Hoping to finish it today :ogre_kawaii:

Level 3
And i will still annoy you to make a bear/tiger ; str/agi druid <3. I love druids, and i would love to play 3 druids on 1 game. Such druidific. Wow.

Level 7
The troll God mentioned in his Shield of Ogoun ability, exists in Warcraft Lore.
Spirit Champions are an existing class in Warcraft Lore.
The troll God mentioned in his Blessing of Ogoun ability, exists in Warcraft Lore.
No they do not exist in the lore. I'm not saying that they should be removed or replaced, but the wrong information must be edited out of the map description.
Also it appears that the trivia for the Revenant and the Spirit Champion have been switched places...

Level 4
staff of galactic fury is completely bugged, when using it with agility or strength heroes it reduces your int, and with int heroes it increases it waaaay 2 much, my friend had 252 int at lvl 8, and i managed to get it down to around 9 int. it buggs when you drop it and pick it up.

Also i love this map 5/5

Edit: i was wrong banshees dot can be overwritten by atleast one other dot, the taurens warriors rend

Last edited:
Level 2
I actually controlled one grunt, it followed the murloc who was following me. So it became controllable but it died. How do control the other grunt? or the captain?

Level 3
Just put in 5 hours into this today. Played solo on normal with Krogar. Everything was fine until i reached Demon soldiers.. after Demon lord and some sludge monsters that hit like 500. Difficulty ramped up so hard i can't get any further, is this supposed to be like that? I have 4 purple items and 2 gold overtime items. What am i doing wrong. Should i have an epic/yellow item by now? I have like 4k gold and nothing to spend it on.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Just put in 5 hours into this today. Played solo on normal with Krogar. Everything was fine until i reached Demon soldiers.. after Demon lord and some sludge monsters that hit like 500. Difficulty ramped up so hard i can't get any further, is this supposed to be like that? I have 4 purple items and 2 gold overtime items. What am i doing wrong. Should i have an epic/yellow item by now? I have like 4k gold and nothing to spend it on.

Since Sunken City is designed to be played by more than 1 player, the sludgme monsters have a weakness - their speed. If you had an INT or ranged AGI ally with you, they would have had no problems kiting the monstrosities and killing them. Try doing it with summons from items (eg. Wyrmrest Defender) or consumable mobs (Fubolg Talismans) that's all I can suggest.

Level 3
Since Sunken City is designed to be played by more than 1 player, the sludgme monsters have a weakness - their speed. If you had an INT or ranged AGI ally with you, they would have had no problems kiting the monstrosities and killing them. Try doing it with summons from items (eg. Wyrmrest Defender) or consumable mobs (Fubolg Talismans) that's all I can suggest.
I got past them with brute force. It's just that it's been a while since i used restoration stone for healing, the hero had no problems til now.
Thanks but seems like i'm stuck, i bet an epic item would level the difficulty again but how am i supposed to know the recipe items, i know that i got one of legendary agi sun rune whatever, but that's about it.
Also I was very thorough, found every single secret up to that point, i had to leave a few items that seem inaccessible without some sort of blink? Playing so far this would be a breeze with more than one player hero. It was pain up until i got two furbolgs and that op heal.

I rate this 5/5 because i play it as solo and the game seemed fair until 2/4 of the way?

Level 4
yeah so banshee is bugged, my heal at lvl 4 stayed at 624 while the base healing was 800, and the dot did less damage then base at lvl 4 on a target who took 150% magic damage, and when i started looking at all the other target it was doing the same.

White damage versus spells seems kind of imbalanced, and why does aoe spells scale better then single target spells in most cases?

SpasMaster

Level 23
yeah so banshee is bugged, my heal at lvl 4 stayed at 624 while the base healing was 800

Indeed she is, will be fixed.

and the dot did less damage then base at lvl 4

It seems to be working well. You should take in consideration that Armor reduces damage taken of spells in Sunken City. This means that if your target had high armor (over 10 for example) your spell should do less damage.

on a target who took 150% magic damage

This refers to attack type (Magic) not Spells.

why does aoe spells scale better then single target spells in most cases?

Can you give an example of this case on the spells of a single hero?

Level 4
even though the spells should do less damage i was still doing less then baseline dmg per tick, while having 230 int, should i really be doing so bad damage with my best single target dmg spell that i can't even spam for a single target dmg effect? Even if she is a support/healer.

Take for example the mage, firebomb versus pyroblast, or rangers multi shot versus her single target spells.
I know those other spells scale with lvl but so does the mana cost, and %damage spells scale very well.
Will you fix galactic staff cause it completely trashed my paladin and siren when it bugged, and now i don't even try to buy it when im not playing an int hero.

And so far from all the classes i've tried just doing pure auto attack seems to be vastly superior to spells in terms of doing damage, is this intended?

And im not sure but is there somekind of bugg with siren? the two times i've played her my game has crashed at or after the spider lair.

SpasMaster

Level 23
even though the spells should do less damage i was still doing less then baseline dmg per tick, while having 230 int, should i really be doing so bad damage with my best single target dmg spell that i can't even spam for a single target dmg effect? Even if she is a support/healer.

The spell is strong when you cast it on multiple enemies. I've personally outdamaged others with Banshee so I can assure you that her damage is fine.

Will you fix galactic staff cause it completely trashed my paladin and siren when it bugged, and now i don't even try to buy it when im not playing an int hero.

It's fixed in v.1.7.9 which is coming soon. The problem with the staff occurs when it's used by more than 1 person. Anyways, fixed with next version.

And so far from all the classes i've tried just doing pure auto attack seems to be vastly superior to spells in terms of doing damage, is this intended?

It's your fault you do not perform well with spells. I've had hundreds of games, going for spells is just as viable as attacks.

And im not sure but is there somekind of bugg with siren? the two times i've played her my game has crashed at or after the spider lair.

There are crash issues in v.1.7.8. that are not related to Siren. It's a coincidence. Hopefully I have fixed them in v1.7.9.

Level 4
The spell is strong when you cast it on multiple enemies. I've personally outdamaged others with Banshee so I can assure you that her damage is fine.

yeah i spam dots on everything, autocast curse for more damage and aoe on cd, and gearing for pure int, i even use heal only to proc my 150% primary attribute item.
Feel free to give me hints on what im doing wrong.

Maybe it was cause there is a huge difference when playing with warrior cause that class does insane damage.

It's your fault you do not perform well with spells. I've had hundreds of games, going for spells is just as viable as attacks.

take a melee character, get cleave, go for white damage.
Im not saying i don't perform well with spells, im saying from looking at most classes, maybe not INT heroes, but the rest. that white damage is superior.

Level 3
I got a problem near the NPC who gives you the graverobber Job. The demon near the NPC can be spawned multiple times and that got me killed o3o

Level 6
From what I can tell the save system does not save progression.(can't check it out yet)Here's what you could do to make it work:

Instead of saving each hero you save the whole party.

-Only player one can save.
-Each -load will put you to the last checkpoint without the possibility of going back.

I don't know if it's possible but I would really like to see this. I know the code would be long but you can make it like other maps where it's put into your w3 folder. Games last long and many times someone has to leave. Warcraft 3 save is slow and many times people drop. This way you could have 5 friend and have 15(or more) different games saved in every combination. So even if X Y or Z is offline you could still find a game to play.

what do you think? is it possible?

Level 2
Hi, with the new heroe of STR he 1º skill don't return the mana when the enemy is frozen like the help said.
And one of the skills i think that the 1º too don't apply the all str, only the base.
And will be good that you up the mana of the 2º skill passive because is nule, is
most significant up STAT that the second skill, maybe can up the skill x2 or x3.
and i think that the skill lvl 6 (ultimate) no have the correct duration.
Also his bassic passive provide a lot of armor and have a very early start.
and in late if strong too can reached the 70-90 of armor.
Maybe you can reduce this armor a 5 totally and put other 8-9 in additional in the
Frozen Crystal (this armor go to basic passive acumulated)
and this is more incentive to upgrade this skill or you can remove the basic passive and transform
to reg of 1%hp every time that you frozen a enemy and put the armor in frozen crystal.

And in the second boss (the satyr) he have 2 wizard, well, if you use teleport in the corner down
(in the enter to this section) you can call him a wizard. and i haven't options of visibility in the map.
And Next of the Lord fire (boss that give the recipe of str item) some monsters kill the others.
Also if you drop the "Diabolic Scepter" the count of 500 hp is restart so you can win
others 500 and again,again, again, my friend have 3800hp x'D maybe you can
you can put the acumulated hp in the item to solved this.

Thanks for the continue upgrading of the map and sorry the bad english x'D

And with the new changes, you said before that this map is to a party groups and you got it,
is very very hard play of two in normal, impossible in hard x'D (with normal methods),
i understand, but now a diference of the 1.6.# you can return the easy mode to the handicap
of this versions because is better play in normal and in easy can we play in solo.
(to be clear, i said that will be reduced the handicap of easy mode)
Ah, and i added that is very difficult find persons to play this map that take 7 or more hours,
and in the group somebody is kicking the new members, i and a friends was kicked in less of
14 hours of be added in the group and don't give us a explication, i experimented my 4º kick
of the group and don't have 24 hours of stay. Check this.

Robizeratul wtf? i prefer the actually save method x'D

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi TxH. first of all, skill "blizzard" dont return mana when the enemy is frozen. Its double the chance that you take return mana when you hit the frozen enemy, how can you confuse when the tooltip of skill has said so clearly?.
About "frozen crystal" skill, i think dont need to make it return mana x2 or x3 now, if that happens it will so imba. just need a little up from 3/5/7/9 to 4/6/8/10. All you need is just increase your attack speed and the item what ever its name increase your attack speed by 40% and 10 damg that usually drop from hydra will take care all of thing you need. at lvl 10 i spam blizzard and deepfreeze continuous and my mana never drop below 200 (i have about 900 mana)
And i dont think that its impossible to play 2 palyer in hard? i play with my friend, we have two player and still finish insane mode in 4-5 hours and even lesser when i play some hero have summon skill like warlock or necromancer.
If you feel so hard to play you should buy 2 bear in shop-1 tank and 1 healer and buy some potions that last 10 minutes that increase damg, lifesteal and armor...

Last edited: