• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
I was wondering if some level-upable items can be added into this great map, that may make it more interesting. For example, a ring with 1 armor(level 1) can be gained by killing the weaker enemys at the beginning,which will level up and turn into something great gradually by taking attacks from others.
Just a suggestion, i don know anything about WE or jass.
Thanks again for making such an interesting map,keep it up guys!

Level 2
Really awesome map... I've played this since v8,6... I know this is a two-three players-map but I played it by single player as myself...

if I may give some opinion, some heroes (agi/int/str) doesn't have some survivalbility at first or maybe too weak, or maybe some heroes has some purposes on their role???
for example, mage (int), it has all offensesive spells and also strong one, but all the cooldown is very long and the healing spell is less good than shaman which is a strong offense and defense hero (best hero maybe)... So, maybe, u can give some cheap shop (lower tahn 50G for potions or some) to get pass and reach the 1st monolith...

Sorry if my opinion is so stubborn because I play it as single player... thx..

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Really awesome map... I've played this since v8,6... I know this is a two-three players-map but I played it by single player as myself...

if I may give some opinion, some heroes (agi/int/str) doesn't have some survivalbility at first or maybe too weak, or maybe some heroes has some purposes on their role???
for example, mage (int), it has all offensesive spells and also strong one, but all the cooldown is very long and the healing spell is less good than shaman which is a strong offense and defense hero (best hero maybe)... So, maybe, u can give some cheap shop (lower tahn 50G for potions or some) to get pass and reach the 1st monolith...

Sorry if my opinion is so stubborn because I play it as single player... thx..

The Mage will be getting some love in the next version. Stay tuned!

And to note, if you have Garena you can join the group for Sunken City and play with us!

Level 2
I don't have Garena or WC3 frozenthrone ID online, so, I play it alone...

looking forward for the next version and so on... best RPG map ever... hehe

maybe u can consider some cheap shop or something for single player just to get 1st monoloth before the bridge...
and also, can u give me some clue about the right door at master chamber, coz I haven't found it since the map has it... hahaha, some clues will do.. thx

Vunjo

Level 14
I don't have Garena or WC3 frozenthrone ID online, so, I play it alone...

looking forward for the next version and so on... best RPG map ever... hehe

maybe u can consider some cheap shop or something for single player just to get 1st monoloth before the bridge...
and also, can u give me some clue about the right door at master chamber, coz I haven't found it since the map has it... hahaha, some clues will do.. thx

1. Garena is free and easy to download and to use.
2. You do not need original wc3 for it.
3. The map was never made for soloing.

Level 2
Now kerth is much better to aim :)

One question: does "Old Compass" works as intended? Cuz I failed to find it's target location, shown text keeps to say "you are coming closer to point location, but still far away" Don't remember exactly. This is message after "You are really far from pointed location".

Of course I know where is center of circle formed by points, where text changes, but it doesn't help.

By the way, that secret area near former location of Restan, is it removed or relocated? If removed so the quest with finding all secret areas is broken.

And, as noticed Obley http://s019.radikal.ru/i612/1302/07/a2faa39d4106.jpg turtle now attacks skeletons.

I know the map isn't meant for Soloing but, I think that if you allowed singleplayers to select and control the 3 characters, maybe with separate resources, more would play it.

I now use godmode to reach first shop, cuz there is no point to f**k with first mobs for 30 minutes, this is not a game, this is just f**king. Spend your mana - go regen - spend your mana - go regen...

SpasMaster

Level 23
One question: does "Old Compass" works as intended? Cuz I failed to find it's target location, shown text keeps to say "you are coming closer to point location, but still far away" Don't remember exactly. This is message after "You are really far from pointed location".

Old Compass works fine. :)

By the way, that secret area near former location of Restan, is it removed or relocated? If removed so the quest with finding all secret areas is broken.

It's moved.

And, as noticed Obley http://s019.radikal.ru/i612/1302/07/a2faa39d4106.jpg turtle now attacks skeletons.

Will fix it.

I now use godmode to reach first shop, cuz there is no point to f**k with first mobs for 30 minutes, this is not a game, this is just f**king. Spend your mana - go regen - spend your mana - go regen...

Playing the map alone is like playing Football alone. It isn't even half as interesting.

Level 37
Hello it's Aero judging!

I played the game with PKCrafty and Vengeancekael. We didn't finish the game and we just played about it about 15 minutes until I was suddenly disconnected with PKCrafty. I've no idea if it was the game, the host or Garena itself. I still wanted to give my feedback about the map even if I didn't complete the game. This review is lacking because I didn't complete the game.

Firstly, the loading screen was boring with wall of text and basic Blizzard loading screen background. When the game started, I saw very low quality skull. Warcraft 3 doesn't have great graphics so use better angles to hide such low textures. For example, this could have be avoided by adding a custom picture or simply doing the thing differently.

The first cinematics were boring as there were just one Blademaster telling things and the camera didn't move at all. There wasn't any special effects and it left me a feeling "just another grind quest with horrible cinematics". If you're gonna put cinematics to RPG type of map, at least make them watchable.

The gameplay itself was pretty smooth and working. The hotkeys were a problem with Archer. I had X, Z, T and D hotkeys. I mean what? What have you been thinking when adding these hotkeys? Place the hotkeys close to each other, for example Q, W, E and R is a better idea.

The game for 15 minutes was a tunnel which means the game doesn't have much replay value. I don't know if this goes all the way to the last boss but if so, that's a bad thing. What I also realized that the item placement in shops wasn't organized. It was a mess.

Also there was no credits in the quest log or anywhere to be found when we played. I don't know if there is in the end.

The game was working. You added some fancy staff like floating damage texts, custom health bar, the abilities worked an so on. However, there was nothing special that made me think that this game is a great game.

With Hive standards, I give this map recommended.

Vunjo

Level 14
Hello it's Aero judging!

I played the game with PKCrafty and Vengeancekael. We didn't finish the game and we just played about it about 15 minutes until I was suddenly disconnected with PKCrafty. I've no idea if it was the game, the host or Garena itself. I still wanted to give my feedback about the map even if I didn't complete the game. This review is lacking because I didn't complete the game.

Firstly, the loading screen was boring with wall of text and basic Blizzard loading screen background. When the game started, I saw very low quality skull. Warcraft 3 doesn't have great graphics so use better angles to hide such low textures. For example, this could have be avoided by adding a custom picture or simply doing the thing differently.

The first cinematics were boring as there were just one Blademaster telling things and the camera didn't move at all. There wasn't any special effects and it left me a feeling "just another grind quest with horrible cinematics". If you're gonna put cinematics to RPG type of map, at least make them watchable.

The gameplay itself was pretty smooth and working. The hotkeys were a problem with Archer. I had X, Z, T and D hotkeys. I mean what? What have you been thinking when adding these hotkeys? Place the hotkeys close to each other, for example Q, W, E and R is a better idea.

The game for 15 minutes was a tunnel which means the game doesn't have much replay value. I don't know if this goes all the way to the last boss but if so, that's a bad thing. What I also realized that the item placement in shops wasn't organized. It was a mess.

Also there was no credits in the quest log or anywhere to be found when we played. I don't know if there is in the end.

The game was working. You added some fancy staff like floating damage texts, custom health bar, the abilities worked an so on. However, there was nothing special that made me think that this game is a great game.

Reading the first few points made me ask, are you sure you have played the latest version?

Level 2
Hello it's Aero judging!

You spent 15 minutes playing this game but 5 for this post, i don think that's smart! By the way, the 'boring stuff' can just be esced, that's only for the beginner i think. For the hot keys, have you played Lich in solo, how about that, if you wanna change them, just download a changer, then you will have your QWERT

SpasMaster

Level 23
Hello it's Aero judging!

You are giving me rating based on the loading screen, the hotkeys and the cinematics which are totally for introducing the player to the game?

You say you saw nothing special. First off, I don't know what do you have in mind as special, because this is a Dungeon Crawler map. In such type of maps, "special" could be the ESC stat system. The shop system. The backpack. The variety of heroes. The difficulty settings. The custom Gold and XP system. The item drop system. The Legendary items that are acquired through puzzle-solving and exploration. Oh.. wait.. you didn't get there, didn't you?

Are you aware of what the Alt+Q combination does, Aero? It quits the game. There are people who use "Alt" to display health bars and I've seen people leave the game because of that.

Most of the heroes have WERT as hotkeys, but not Q.

You say the shop is a mess. How much more organised would you like it to be? If you spent a little more time actually playing than judging the skippable cinematics, you might have gotten used to how it works. Component items are distributed in separate sub-shops according to primary attributes while recipes are in their own subshops.

The first cinematic explains via text messages the basic rules and specifics of the map, while giving you something to watch meanwhile. It's not meant to be with "fancy special effects". Do you seriously judge a dungeon crawler map by the special effects in it's first cinematic? ...

The second cinematic with the Captain isn't "just another grind quest". It provides you with side objectives to complete while moving through the map.

I expected something more from someone with your reputation. (By reputation I don't mean reputation points.)

Level 37
Reading the first few points made me ask, are you sure you have played the latest version?

No idea. Vengeancekael just hosted the game.

switchwitch said:
You spent 15 minutes playing this game but 5 for this post, i don think that's smart!

I still wanted to give my opinion. If I go with a mood to review a map I review it no matter what. Smart or not, I still did it.

switchwitch said:
For the hot keys, have you played Lich in solo, how about that, if you wanna change them, just download a changer, then you will have your QWERT

No I haven't. But I didn't say there was a problem with Lich. The problem was with the Archer.

switchwitch said:
By the way, the 'boring stuff' can just be esced, that's only for the beginner i think.

But of course I am a beginner in this game. What else do you expect? I just played the game first time. Do I have to play the game 10 times before I can judge it? No, no, no.

spasorc said:
You are giving me rating based on the loading screen, the hotkeys and the cinematics which are totally for introducing the player to the game?

We have to remember these things are very important too. I mean, these things gives the first feeling about the game. But to your question; no, otherwise the game would have 0/5.

I rated the game of all the things I mentioned and overall feeling I had about the game. The gameplay was the one that gave most of the points, but there were problems that dropped my rating.

If the game doesn't have much replay, like I felt, I expect the map to be epic one time journey. The map should give the player feeling that this is a great game and I really wanna save the world! This game just gave me a feeling we're somewhere, doing something and we say "For The Horde!". But of course I played the game only the first 15 minutes.

spasorc said:
You say you saw nothing special. First off, I don't know what do you have in mind as special, because this is a Dungeon Crawler map. In such type of maps, "special" could be the ESC stat system. The shop system. The backpack. The variety of heroes. The difficulty settings. The custom Gold and XP system. The item drop system. The Legendary items that are acquired through puzzle-solving and exploration. Oh.. wait.. you didn't get there, didn't you?

And these things gave you a lot of points. I mean, I said the gameplay was great. But even after all these things, the game doesn't get 5/5 from me.

spasorc said:
Are you aware of what the Alt+Q combination does, Aero? It quits the game. There are people who use "Alt" to display health bars and I've seen people leave the game because of that.

Most of the heroes have WERT as hotkeys, but not Q.

Well, I didn't see this one coming. Never ever heard of this problem. But still X, Z, T and D? I mean what?

spasorc said:
You say the shop is a mess. How much more organised would you like it to be?
Potions to one line, then armors and finally weapons for example. I just saw that my own game has exactly the same problem. I think it looks sexier if potions are in one line instead of all around.

spasorc said:
If you spent a little more time actually playing than judging the skippable cinematics, you might have gotten used to how it works.

I've a feeling you're now mocking now your own cinematics. But anyway, it was a working "dungeon crawler".

spasorc said:
The first cinematic explains via text messages the basic rules and specifics of the map, while giving you something to watch meanwhile. It's not meant to be with "fancy special effects". Do you seriously judge a dungeon crawler map by the special effects in it's first cinematic? ...

What do you mean meanwhile? Can I play at the same time while I watch a cinematic? If it's not made to be that awesome why make it in the first place? I think that part could have been done without a cinematic. But of course cinematics can create a good feeling to player and make them like your game instantly. This one didn't. And about your question, definitely yes. It is part of the game.

spasorc said:
I expected something more from someone with your reputation. (By reputation I don't mean reputation points.)
No need to start mocking personally. I am what I am and that's it.

Level 2
No experience for the first dungoen, who offered that idea.....what shall we do, kill or not kill, that's confusing....

OK, Ring of Oblivion seems still not working, can you check again with that?

SpasMaster

Level 23
But still X, Z, T and D? I mean what?

I understand that people are getting used to QWERT hotkeys nowadays and I will change that as soon as possible.

Potions to one line, then armors and finally weapons for example. I just saw that my own game has exactly the same problem. I think it looks sexier if potions are in one line instead of all around.

There is a "Consumables" subsection in the shop. There you have Potions, Elixirs and Scrolls. Or do you mean that it would be better if potions are in one row, elixirs in another and so on?

I've a feeling you're now mocking now your own cinematics. But anyway, it was a working "dungeon crawler".

I am not moking them. I will repeat myself by saying that I never aimed for fancy cinematics. It's the same as if someone reviews a TD map and says: "Your cinematic has nothing special in it with no special effects and nothing fancy." It's a TD.. who needs a fancy cinematic? To some extent this is valid for this map too. I say "to some extent", because there is some story behind all of that and I made an average cinematic with a captain giving instructions. While I agree with you that the shop and the hotkeys could reduce the overall rating, I don't think that the cinematics should. Why? Well because in my opinion the intro cinematics give you first impression of the map. I don't want players to hop right into the game right after loading screen, so I made the captain cinematic to explain what's going on. That's what I wanted there: Someone explaining to players how do they end up there. I don't want an epic battle or explosions or whatever...

What do you mean meanwhile? Can I play at the same time while I watch a cinematic? If it's not made to be that awesome why make it in the first place? I think that part could have been done without a cinematic. But of course cinematics can create a good feeling to player and make them like your game instantly. This one didn't. And about your question, definitely yes. It is part of the game.

During the "Gate" cinematic messages appear that explain the basic rules of the map. You prefer to have black screen while reading over mini cinematic displaying the front gate of the Sunken City?

No need to start mocking personally. I am what I am and that's it.

I am not mocking you. If I sound like that, I appologise. I just know you as a skilled mapmaker with a lot of experience and then in short I recieve this review:

"I played 15 minutes of a map that takes ~3-4 hours. However I will give rating based on these sole 15 minutes, 10 of which are cinematics, hero picking and simple creeps/puzzles for introducing the players to the map. The guy obivously made every possible system that a dungeon crawler could need. However the lodaing screen and the cinematic weren't nice enough. Hmm... inconvenient hotkeys that take about 5 minutes for him to fix? BAAAM, -1 rating. Screw his hard work on the systems, heroes, bosses, terrain." Are the cinematic and loading screen THAT importnat for you to downrate the map with 1 point? After I explained my thoughts on cinematics in this map?

If you read through past comments you will see that I always accept criticism and I try my best to become better and improve. But I've never seen someone downrate the whole game based on one cinematic and the loading screen. And the loading screen... what's wrong with it anyways..?

Level 2
@Aero

I agree with you about the loading screen, that can be more shining and i believe spasorc is able to make it better for wathcing. How about a picture of Anne Hathaway, she's really sexy,especially when got off the car... do you have that picture in your computer?

However, as a beginner, I think it's really nesessary to check the txts....

For the hot keys, never mind , maybe someone likes ZXCV just as you prefer QWER, I don think that's a problem. when i use lich for a metaphor, that means the complication of spell casting in warcrft 3 solo games. no body compalned the hotkey blabla to blizzard.

The traps and puzzles in this Map are really interesting, why don you have a try, to fight till the end.

Last edited:
Level 2
I think the things that make this map is a special one is because things inside it, not the cinematics, hot keys qwerty, loading screen... but, it is because of the systems which is backpack system, shops, recipe, drop items, many custom skills/heroes, puzzles, landscapes...

SpasMaster

Level 23
No experience for the first dungoen, who offered that idea.....what shall we do, kill or not kill, that's confusing....

It's a dungeon. Dungeons are optional. If you wanna play more of the map, go in the Dungeon. If you wanna finish up faster, skip them.

But if it gives XP, would you skip it? No. To achieve skippability the dungeon must not grant XP. That's what offered me the idea.

OK, Ring of Oblivion seems still not working, can you check again with that?

I checked it like 1000000 times. It. Is. Working. If you are unlucky enough to get no procs (or not notice its proc) then don't blame the item please.

Level 2
It's a dungeon. Dungeons are optional. If you wanna play more of the map, go in the Dungeon. If you wanna finish up faster, skip them.

But if it gives XP, would you skip it? No. To achieve skippability the dungeon must not grant XP. That's what offered me the idea.

I checked it like 1000000 times. It. Is. Working. If you are unlucky enough to get no procs (or not notice its proc) then don't blame the item please.

I tested it again just now, agility: 34+10. Attacks: 200 times, no bonus damage as described.

Level 13
We managed to beat the map last night, but we found a few bugs:
-The message that shows up when you get close to the Pit Lord's gate when it's close keeps showing up, even after you open it. (There was another one with the same problem, but I forgot where it was)
-The laugh that plays when you use the orange waygate plays every time you use it, even after the boss has been killed.
-The door to the final boss's room remains closed even after beating the boss, keeping you stuck on the end area. (and if it's not a bug, it should be changed.)
-On the End zone, Every time you step on the cinematic region, it'll play again and again, making it impossible to go back. It should only play the final cinematic once. (you can use the recall from the spawn to escape, but it shouldn't be like that.)

Apart from that, it was fun.

Also, we only found 22 of the 23 secret areas (and also the secret zone. I'm glad I decided to keep the crown with me.), we double checked every corner of the map but we couldn't find whatever the last area was.

Level 37
The reason behind my agressive judging is that time to time I challenge some map makers. If a good map is published I want to bring the map maker back from the heavens to Earth and tell him that his map isn't a god's gift.

spasorc said:
There is a "Consumables" subsection in the shop. There you have Potions, Elixirs and Scrolls. Or do you mean that it would be better if potions are in one row, elixirs in another and so on?
Yes.

spasorc said:
During the "Gate" cinematic messages appear that explain the basic rules of the map. You prefer to have black screen while reading over mini cinematic displaying the front gate of the Sunken City?
You can explain basic rules of the map while people are playing the game. And they should be also found from the quest menu for example. No need to force these tips.

spasorc said:
"I played 15 minutes of a map that takes ~3-4 hours. However I will give rating based on these sole 15 minutes, 10 of which are cinematics, hero picking and simple creeps/puzzles for introducing the players to the map. The guy obivously made every possible system that a dungeon crawler could need. However the lodaing screen and the cinematic weren't nice enough. Hmm... inconvenient hotkeys that take about 5 minutes for him to fix? BAAAM, -1 rating. Screw his hard work on the systems, heroes, bosses, terrain." Are the cinematic and loading screen THAT importnat for you to downrate the map with 1 point? After I explained my thoughts on cinematics in this map?
The map rating doesn't come from hard work. The map itself gives the rating.

I was between Useful, Recommended, Highly Recommended. I wouldn't at this point highly recommend the map to anyone. I would just recommend.

spasorc said:
If you read through past comments you will see that I always accept criticism and I try my best to become better and improve.
Good. Then I've miss judged this thing. Well, mostly because I was asked to review this map. I usually pick a map maker who is haughty about his map and then bring him back to Earth.

spasorc said:
I've never seen someone downrate the whole game based on one cinematic and the loading screen. And the loading screen... what's wrong with it anyways..?
Aeroblyctos said:
We have to remember these things are very important too. I mean, these things gives the first feeling about the game. But to your question; no, otherwise the game would have 0/5.

I rated the game of all the things I mentioned and overall feeling I had about the game. The gameplay was the one that gave most of the points, but there were problems that dropped my rating.

If the game doesn't have much replay, like I felt, I expect the map to be epic one time journey. The map should give the player feeling that this is a great game and I really wanna save the world! This game just gave me a feeling we're somewhere, doing something and we say "For The Horde!". But of course I played the game only the first 15 minutes.
Like I said, the rating didn't just come from these two things you mentioned.

And like I said before, I just played such a short time the game. Based on that time I judged the map.

About loading screen, well it works but there's nothing unique about it. It is the second thing player sees after map preview picture. It should give player motivation to play the game or should be unique in some way compared to other maps. Now it's just another hastily created loading screen.

Level 2
The reason behind my agressive judging is that time to time I challenge some map makers. If a good map is published I want to bring the map maker back from the heavens to Earth and tell him that his map isn't a god's gift..

As we havnt seen him since the last post which shows someone planed to shoot himself , I think it's gonna be your responsibility to bring him back to the earth this time.:thumbs_up:

Level 2
Seems lots of work have been done, you are so fast. I ll find a friend to play with.

By the way, are you always being fast? I mean for some other stuff you know.

Level 1
The mod seems to chew up resources after so long which is annoying, first time through we didn't realizes you had limited number of saves so we couldn't reload the map to remove the lag. eventually our one member died after us screaming at each other in frustration over the game being unplayable lagy.

2nd play through we knew about the limited number of saves and saved them to clear lag everything was good until we bugged the two switches you have to hit for the purple troll in the library. what had happened is one of us was a witch doctor and had already tripped the switches long before getting to the area using his wards over walls. luckily we bypassed the door by jumping to portal that leads to the overlords boss room so we killed him but couldn't move on because the other quests were not complete because we had bypassed part of the map after it bugged. so what I did was I was able to get my summon over the door on the right and walk over till the end and it said we won. I was only looking for another resurrection stone to bypass the door and move on with the game but I guess winning was ok consolation.

Final opinion if something could be done about the lag that builds having the map open to long and the switches being kinda glitchy the rest of the game isn't to bad. it is extremely frustrating though farming up your base attack over 250 using chaoseater or getting your base agility over 200 by level 10 using a mitus and the agility tomes from the store and then the game not being playable so you can have fun and enjoy all your hard work.

Level 13
@kial do you have an old pc? Because I played thru the entire map with no lag, except for the huge zombie horde (that should be changed, no pc can tolerate 100 units at once.)

The elevators automatically lift you up, you only need to use the levers to bring them down.

Also, you can save, then leave and load, and you'll be able to save again. That is WC3's limitations.
Just make sure not to save twice in a row, or to save after someone disconected, it can and will glitch. Again, WC3's limitations.

SpasMaster

Level 23
I suspect something went wrong in v.1.1.8. I also experienced a lag that builds up as the game goes on. If anyone else has the same issue please report it with as many details as you can. I am still unaware of the reason behind it but I will try to fix this as soon as possible.

Level 1
The switches that glitched were not the elevator switches but the two switches you have to hit in the library that there is a cut scene specifically telling you about. Not elevator switches.

The computer hosting is not top of the line but is newer I believe it is running a dual core at about 2ghz and 3gb of memory(which is the max that a 32bit operating system can handle)which if the mod requires more is terrifying.

My professional opinion as a programmer is there is a memory leak because the game continues to take up more and more memory the longer it is left on which is understandable to some degree but should eventually taper off at some point. But I have never worked using the wc3 modding utilities so I don't know specifically what will cause this type problem and how to deal with it.

Vunjo

Level 14
I'm proud to announce that we have fixed the lag issue. The newest version will be uploaded tonight.

This version will also be a lot more optimised in general compared to other versions.