• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 2
Hey again.
Just a few minor bugs to report and some help needed:

When using clarity potion while having full mana "error message missing" appears. (I think thats what its called - it regens mana over time, attack interrupts).

My friend got essence from Atalai from the altar but nothing dropped... thought it might just be some stat boost or sth but nothing really changed. He had full inventory while this happened. Any clues about it Spas? What does it supposed to do?

I still didn't get to enter right masters chamber (I understand lefty is just for creator).
I read this topic and it seems theres been changes throughout the updates about how you get the clues of the actual password. I'm pretty confused right now what should I look out for... can you point me in the right direction?

All the best!
Seraphin

p.s.
One more thing I reported before - this doesn't really bother me much but when theres a guy picking hes hero late then he dont get class icon in the upper right corner and no name is given - just Observer icon.
At start one guy chose fast and went to kill the monster that's on the left from starting point. It seems if you choose after he kills it then you don't get the icon - I don't know if its the kill meter or exp/gold given bugging it. Anyway I just noticed that and I'm sharing in hope that it helps. Take care!

Level 1
Hello.After one hour playing starting to lags and can't be played normally(I play single).When I try saving game the game is crashed.

Level 1
What hero are you playing with?
When did you start experiencing lagg?

I'm playing with Hunter,easy difficulty with 20 lives.Sometimes lag begins half an hour after the start of the game sometimes after 2 hours.Now play again ,would later write that the lag starts at a certain boss.

Level 2
Bug!

Well, this part, again!

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/420/buggedg.png

As you can see, this is neither the first nor the second nor the third time that I, or my colleague gets stuck in this teleport.

We took the little robot and fight with the giant, and then my friend got stuck in this place and can not move. The F1 it's gone, and he can not move anymore ...

And now?

Level 28
* The Eternal Fire item doesn't show the cooldown or manacost.
* Summons can drop items when their timer runs out.
* I found a quest item (King's Blood) but not the quest it's for.
* An amusing one in the room just before the twin corridors: if you push the murguls back with a dummy-using ability, they run into (and start fighting) the nagas. Don't know if it's intentional or not, but it was funny.
* About the invisible treants, either make them visible or remove their entangle, because even their boss is less frustrating to fight than them.

Level 28
The Stone Guardian can be killed rather easily before even breaking down his gate, as he's visible.
The spike trap right after the guardian killed me despite being out of it.
A weird one with the Azsune bossfight: the first, I got close to the statue, tried to fight, and died. The next time, I avoided the statue and kept going, but after clearing all the creeps in the area and was abotu to head for the next stone, Azsune showed up behind me and attacked (killing me again). When I finally beat her, she was sitting in front of the next stone with the skeletons.

Level 2
* I found a quest item (King's Blood) but not the quest it's for.

It's there and working - you must have missed it, it's not a big quest tho - just have to find the right place ("guy") and you'll instantly know that's where it's meant to be used.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for repeating two of my questions but they seem to be omitted and I'd really appreciate an answer/help:

1. My friend got essence from Atalai from the altar but nothing dropped... thought it might just be some stat boost or sth but nothing really changed. He had full inventory while this happened. Any clues about it Spas? What does it supposed to do?

2. I still didn't get to enter right masters chamber (I understand left one is just for the creator).
I read this topic and it seems theres been changes throughout the updates about how you get the clues of the actual password. I'm pretty confused right now what should I look out for... can you point me in the right direction?

All the best!

P.S.
2.) Using cheats is lame. I will disable them very soon.
I agree - I didn't know there are cheats actually ingame. I thought you can only view the whole map while watching the replay. Doesn't that only take away the fun?? Oh well..

Level 1
It's there and working - you must have missed it, it's not a big quest tho - just have to find the right place ("guy") and you'll instantly know that's where it's meant to be used.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for repeating two of my questions but they seem to be omitted and I'd really appreciate an answer/help:

1. My friend got essence from Atalai from the altar but nothing dropped... thought it might just be some stat boost or sth but nothing really changed. He had full inventory while this happened. Any clues about it Spas? What does it supposed to do?

2. I still didn't get to enter right masters chamber (I understand left one is just for the creator).
1. Atal'ai Essence won't shown up in the ground if your inventory is full, unlike other Atal'ai items. I remember spasorc said that this is a bug.

2. In old version, there's some (some, as in, plural) items that will help you to find those password. Dunno about newest version, thou.

================
Does Old Compass item (in abandoned hut, like some ppl says) can despawn? I just found that hut after 2h50m (and some backtracking) and I haven't seen that item on sale.

(5 months since I first playing, and this Queen Scepter still eluding me!)

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
The Stone Guardian can be killed rather easily before even breaking down his gate, as he's visible.

It takes a lot of time to kill him.

The spike trap right after the guardian killed me despite being out of it.

It tends to happen if you are not fast enough. I will try to work on that.

My friend got essence from Atalai from the altar but nothing dropped... thought it might just be some stat boost or sth but nothing really changed. He had full inventory while this happened. Any clues about it Spas? What does it supposed to do?

I think it's a bug. I will try to fix it.

The password for the left door is a message. Try to look for an item that has this message on it.

Does Old Compass item (in abandoned hut, like some ppl says) can despawn? I just found that hut after 2h50m (and some backtracking) and I haven't seen that item on sale.

Old Compass can despawn. Buy it as fast as you can when it's available.

Hi there, when's the new version coming out? I can't wait.

Either today or tommorow.

Level 28
The tooltip for the third level hunter pet says it has 1750 life, he actually has 2000.

Stone Guardian went down pretty easily for me, what with taking infected arrows to the face and the wolf ripping him.

Overall, it's very good (only found 19 secrets though), though the final boss' cutscene needs some work.

Level 1
A very nice map, keep up the good work.

I have found some kind of glitch:
Shaman's Thunderstorm can do its effects even if you stop the casting time, this way you can "cast" it without using any mana or activating its cooldown.

SpasMaster

Level 23
1.) Do not double post. Use the Edit button instead.
edit.gif

2.) The left door cannot be opened by anyone but me. Only I know the password and there is no way to find it out.

3.) The right door's password is hinted by various items. Be more observant and you might find it.

Level 2
How can you pick up tetris? It seems like no one I ever played with has a required skill.
Tried in the beginning of the game and in the end... still was unpickable.

I heard theres an item you can make with a few items I never found use for... the spider egg, corrupted essence, the mushroom and maybe sth else... how does it work exactly?

Thanks!

Level 1
hmm so my post was delete how nice i think ill shall share secrets everyday and then share a open version of your map ? i think ill even make a you tube video just to show people and make it very easy.

as you people have seen first secret was for the one door was just type (930423) its hes birth date
and this one will help you out a lot you must type just copy and paste (Captain join us!) with out the (, ) and that make the captain playable only works for player 0 ( RED)

and to creator you have messed with the wrong person ill shall make it my mission to get people answer and bring out a new version its fine remove the codes do what you want ill just hi jack your map i think people will rather play my copy where i help then and not hide things like for the right door i know the password but I've not ever seen it on any item or anything so good luck delete this ill be taking personal messages and ill be revealing the password for the right door to get the queen tiara and later on to get the tablet of life and the tetris

that why im called the king of sunken city

Level 1
alright im back got banned but dont worry im back stupid moderator cant read the rules right to even think hes a moderator anyway

cheats for sunken city just type them in !
-I am $m
930423 left door
Baru-then' la right door
Captain join us!
For the Horde!

for the tetrist change your player name to SC.Nadrian

and its not spoiling it for the rest stupid moderator so go and ban(g) your mother next time and have a inbred sun or daughter or will its be brother or sister ? you be the judge of that

Level 2
^ Secret item: Talk to the white tauren, there's a teleporter next to him. Use the teleporter.

So that's the problem... I didn't find the way to get to him yet :)
It's behind those rolling doors that say that somethings important behind them, right?

P.S.
I summoned my wolf behind the doors but obviously he can't talk to the spirit walker... but I wonder - do you open them or get to sail to the shore nearby? Or how do you get in there?
Or maybe a lever nearby opens it? The one behind magical pen that can be opened by a key thats not made of hard material... I can't figure it out too. You have to make that key or you find it?

Love those puzzles but that key thing is pretty hard to figure out. Probably it will turn out to be very easy when you know it ;)

P.S.2
Also, thanks to the wolf I can see a book that I cannot reach near twin corridor lvl10+ entrance. That's for that item or another secret?
Btw. Im missing one secret area and Im wondering is the lever I mentioned above the last one or it's sth else... hmm?

Last edited:
Level 2
Hmm... I'm gonna try to find it today then.
By the way - is there any item or ability that gives you mana shield? Just curious.

SpasMaster

Level 23
How many Motes of Fire do you need for the legendary Strength weapon? I'm using the Necromancer, but I have four of them, seems a bit excessive.

I haven't played as a strength hero yet, so I don't know how the forging works.

You need just one and must play Strength Hero to acquire it.

I noted few bugs in version 1.3.8. and I am uploading a Hotfix right now. You will have to redownload the map when it's done. Just keep an eye on the changelog for it.

Level 2
Btw. if youre planning to add mana shield let me just share my thoughts.
I think it should be only usable by int heroes - maybe as class item or on int legendary.
Or maybe as ability for a mage or someone. Could be too much of a boost for melee. For example Avenger using hp for most abilities he could greatly benefit from having mana as additional hp. I guess too much if the point is for the game to need 2-3 players.

All the best.

P.S.

While I'm at it let me suggest a few more things for the map:

1. Reward for completing the game on Hell - some kind of reward you could use on your next game. Like a password for a secret chamber with special item (like the one for yourself, maybe make one for guys that beat the game on Hell, that would be fun). So it adds to the replayability and makes another Hell challenge feel good with the reward ahead of you.

2. Additional fun-level after THE END - after you beat the main boss and get your last levels/bonuses and buffs you don't have anything more to kill... no more creeps no more bosses. Obviously this should be a moment where you can end the game - stepping into the the end circle. What would be really great and another addition to replayability of the game is an option to enter a secret level/bonus level or something like that. For example:
- an island with all the bosses you meet during the game but stronger and you fight them all together
- a wave type (like the minigame you added recently) fight with all the bosses one after another with creeps etc.
What's important is they have to be made stronger so it is still a challenge even if youre all buffed and leveled up. In fact - you should need the best things you can get and teamwork to beat that bonus level - that would add some more fun after you beat the game. So you can give all the equipment you gathered during that gameplay a test.

Maybe you could join both suggestions - access to that secret level could be the reward for beating the game on hell :)

Keep up the great work, Greetz!
seraphin

Last edited:
Level 1
Hey SpasMaster! First of all I have to say that it's so far the best map I've played in Wc3, but I'm not goin to give You more compliments cause there's probably no end to them. :)

Secondly just to Your information I've played this map many times since 0.9.x updates (can't remember exactly which one played first). I've done it as well in singleplayer (with different heroes; well I actually tried with every one of them but didn't finish all runs due to certain circumstances ex. too low dmg, can't outheal, can't tank or was just poke-runnin which is boring) as together with my best friend (we completed in total 3 runs: one as necro/rogue in version where rogue got 20% evade passive; one as necro/paladin after paladin got his "Flash of Light"; and yesterday last time as mage/tidewar we did 1.3.8 version).

We did also several other tries but we didn't finish them due to connection problems, Wc3 errors, or just the come of new update of the map. :p

Now forgive me the chaos in my post but theres quite a lot I'd like to write and dunno with what should I start (I actually decided today morning to make this account to share my thoughts on that map and there's a lot of them since that 0.9.x time).

So now these are the bugs, unbalances, ideas and suggestions i have so far:

1. It was in previous versions and it still exists: the bug with golems control (in Library theres one big with divine armor and two other that you can controll in order to kill the big one). The left plate is bugged - it doesn't give back control over hero when his golem is killed; the hero is forever neutral, uncontrollable and disappears from left top index (theres only backpack left). It happened to me and also my friend; theres no way to unlock that hero by load game save, complete quests, kill bosses etc. However when the bugged player leaves and the other kills the big golem, he gains control back over the bugged hero. But still the bugged player can't control his bugget char.

2. Another bug we've found was when my friend (tidewarrior; yesterday) tried to make "Gladius". Well we got all resources, recipe but it didn't mix. I also tried to mix them in my inventory and it also didn't work.

3. "Hell" level is hella... easy. Only the first run gave us some hard time early (well it was necro/rogue so we didn't have a good tank early) but later it's almost too easy. I'd suggest making another level "Impossible" which would be different than other levels in strength magnitude. I mean ex. like on hell last boss got 100k hp then on impossible give him 500k~xkk (well id like to make it even more World of Warcraft like with ex. 125kk hp Lich King) and dmg range instead of 300-600 on Hell to hmm... 3000-6000 or even 6000-12000 on Impossible? So that instead of a run which on hell took us 6-7hrs to make it like 15-20hrs. Also adding like 50+% critical instead of 15% and ex. x% evasion, x% on being hit to summon x, x% lifesteal or even x% dmg dealt to hp, etc. Please acknowledge that idea. :p

4. MOAR SPELLS AND ABILITIES FOR MONSTERS AND BOSSES! I know that triggers give quite the hard time to make the monster cast a spell properly but just pls... sth like a boss with 10-15 different and skumbag spells definitely would be great; also minor monsters would have 2-7 or sth like that spells also.

5. Scepter of Queen Tiara. The tank got usually Charged Shield, low spell costs and not much healing abilities. The dps uses autoattacks, even if combined with spells they still have low costs and usually dps at some point in game just can't run oom. So the only thing left is caster. Then my suggestion is:
- 10% of int into mana on spellcast that heals is awesome. I wouldn't change it. Moreover I'm not sure if this is planned or it's a bug but when you got Dawn (the fourth legendary item which heals you 40hp on every spellcast) you gain that 10% of int into mana every time you cast a spell cause Scepter of QT sees that spell as it is actually used to heal so it triggers (if this isn't planned then pls don't fix/change it. It gives a nice mana sustain to casters which spam spells ex. mage).
- 3% of agi into mana every attack. Hmm... Spellcasters don't have later too much autoattack action so I'd think about changing it ex. every time you take dmg (not you are hit but take dmg) you gain 1% of your agi into mana. Or sth like that.
- 2% of strength into hp everytime you are hit. Pretty good, not too op not too underpowered but according to previous change I like "everytime you TAKE DAMAGE" so I'd change to that and lower from 2% to 1% of strength.

6. Diabolic Scepter? You lowered from 2 to 1 hp but 1.5 sec cd is just too much. Ofc the same effect can be achieved by good timing in spellcasts covering that cd with your spells cd but still I assume that you did it due to ppl stacking 6 Diabolic Scepters and wandering around with 30k hp. I'd suggest making ALL of items do NOT stack. Well it would prevent another ex. dk walking with 6 thornmails and healing himself more than the surrounding can do to him (blood presence). On top of that it would make players think bout builds rather than buying several identical items that are simply good.

7. I heard that you might put mana shield into that map. Good idea but... instead of making it absorb 100% dmg and drain like 10 mana for 1 point of dmg make it absorb 33% of dmg (range between 25%~50% would do great) and make just absorb 1 point of dmg for 1 point of mana. Don't also forget to give such mana shields to some bosses and monsters... ;p Moreover I've got an idea for item with such mana shield - mix it with spell absorb shield (Crystal Belt was it?). An item with ex. 20%~40% spell dmg reduct, equip: 30s cd spell shield and use toggle mana shield. Good def item for squishy heroes who dies whenever they take a stun.

8. Warlord - his aoe skill is... target spell? why not make it aoe like paladin's Divine Storm (not needed enemy unit to target and cast on).

9. Druid - previous versions druid was better idea than the latest one...

10. Spellbreaker - kinda useless passive that adds int and agi for each nearby spellcast (doesn't stack); could be exchanged for some active like mana drain or could be given only 3s~6s duration but stackable.

11. Spells that do only base flat dmg (don't consider ones that do dmg based on enemy's max/current hp). Pls, man, even if you would have to give sth like only 10~20% of ex. strength to those spells... Pls just do it. It feels kinda pathetic and limiting having only base dmg...

12. At some point while wandering in Master's Chamber location dunno how I got vision on the inside of left door. To not spoiler I won't write here what's inside. ;p Same goes for vision on Dawn's recipe when you are on stairs near to it.

13. Priest - noone plays him cause other int heroes' heals are enough. Just make him heal like other casters can now and lower their heals.

14. Rekst's mission is bugged. After it's completed (Rekst's skull given to that druid and reward recived) in journal its still uncompleted.

15. This is more like a question: Whats with the last undiscovered mission? The one on top of journal. Is it related to that strange 20lvl naga with undestroyable divine armor and 12hp near waterfalls, bridge and secret arena?

16. Case with secret arena as in 15 point - the one near that naga. I was in singleplayer and just fell down into water while walking the way to that secret arena. So I fell into water and swam (I was tidewarrior at that time) down and I've found... Well You should know what I've found and if I'm not wrong it's not invented to be accessable for any player. Also when I use those "ancient elevators":D a lil to much I can walk down and climb up like nothin without using them.

17. Well it's more like repeating myself but you actually can fight the god of that city and... Is it a joke? I know that hes not the last boss but still hes a god so he should be on pair with the last boss (or actually make HIM the last boss). Well not much will change since the last boss also was damn too easy even on hell. :pP

18. Since I've nearly fallen in love in mage due to her spell setup and gameplay... I'm goin to stick here some of my thoughts on her and ideas I'd like to see in future:
- Arcane Mastery? You got 10%+1% per 10 int chance to reset cd of spell; cd of passive is 1s. Hmm Best suited skill for mage. early you don't have too much mana so you don't need it that much and later it allows you to sorry... SHIT OUT nice burst dmg. The % is actually balanced but I'd make it no cd OR even more without cd but spells cd will be reduced to 1s~3s (can be depending on spell initial cd) when it triggers. Why? I'll answer that question using next spells.
- Living Bomb? That one that deals 10+250% int dmg in aoe. And for 50 mana? Hmm... Too good for poke'n run and harass. And also I'd change that for some passive so mage wouldn't be able to sprint compared to other heroes in early through monster camps. The idea for passive? Well since I really like the idea of 10%+1% per 10 int it would be that. And what would it do? Sth that makes mage with wonderful 290hp at lvl1 don't go down in 2 shots early and allow to survive a stun later - absorption shield (or just absorption). I mean: You got 10%+1% per int chance each time you TAKE DAMAGE to absorb for the next 3s~12s an amount of damage equal to 50%~200% of your int. This effect can't trigger more often than 3s~12s (equal to duration time).
- Pyroblast - pretty good but for an explayer of World of Warcraft it's lame. I mean combine it with Living Bomb and some damage over time. A good singletarget fireball that deals dmg to ex. 250 circle range from target and set everythin on fire for x sec.
- Ring of Frost - another overpowered early-mid-late poke'n run and harass spell. The 3s stun makes monsters act neutral even if you give them your whole combo in their face and go out of their vision range. Also again as WoW explayer I'd recommend it instant stun to units around mage. Not target spell but just like Frozen Nova in WoW - when you get surrounded you can freeze them and try to run.
- heal - the best heal in the game. Rly. Priest kneels down and necro kisses your feet. I'd lower the initial heal (50% more when under 25% of hp actually can be left), make some portion to heal over time and lower the range of arena.
- ulti - well I considered ult into Ring of Frost in this suggestion. So... considering her passive I'd recommend... Another passive. :p Rly while on last boss and with enough % mana per cast I got to 11k dps with only 250~300 int. She just got too many spells but still the passive is great to leave alone so lets limit the active spells! And for ult: level1 gives pyroblast aoe effect, ring of frost stun, and heal gives heal over time. Level2 gives pyroblast damage over time, ring of frost hmm... attack speed and ms reduction after the stun? and heal area of effect heal. And maybe some enchanted effect for absorb shield passive?

Well that's my ideal mage I can't force it upon You. What a pity... :p

19?. Bordo? - the zombie boss. Actually... SUMMON MOAR STRONK ZOMBIES, MOAR ZOMBIES. :p

20. Chaoseater - well you buy one, you go on the mentioned zombie boss and even without boost to zombie-making you kill only zombies and after like 30 min you end up with additional... 1000 dmg;p Pretty gamebreaking; I'd recommend leaving attack damage alone to only primar stats.

21. Primar stats that gives attack damage - pretty wierd when mage actually can deal from auto the same damage as agi heroe like rogue later on. Why not make Primar stats give somethin different? And make Strength give x (0.75?) damage per point and agi give x MAXIMUM damage per point. I mean to increase range between minimal and maximal damage (or vice versa str to max and agi to actual).

22. Think about starting class items. Ex. dk's starting item is actually now one of best items for dk the whole game.

23. Gold per sec items op. I've bought the one that gives 1g per 3s as first and as sec item that charm that gives 1g per 4s. It seemes like they stack and after 6hrs of play my friend without any of them got like 8k gold gathered (he was selling ALL the stuff we found, ALL and he was given ALL gold we found, ALL) and I got... 17k gold. :p

24. Beastmaster - dunno how others think but I've played him only once and it was the most unpleasant try comparing to other heroes. He's lame, squishy and doesn't deal that much damage. Think about rework.

25. Add arena or PvP system. I mean ex. when you are waiting for like 50g or are just fed and want to spare a lil time instead of waiting you could fight your teammates. Sth like that gives 1 more life for both pvping players; pvp can be quit after death of one of them; the winner gets -1 lives (if using life system). You know that feeling when You and Your friend is pretty fed and You just want to give it a try to duel.

26. Well... After the kill of last boss its like... end? Why not give it (maybe only on hell and eventually impossible level) mission to escort those low hp goblins all the way back to Your camp but... The demon lord (or Atalai if the god would be last boss considering my previous idea) put a curse again just before his death so now everywhere there will be spawning armies of dead? Or sth like that. Just when You killed the last boss and got all possible items You have to face the last crazy wave.

27. Another question: any hints on the active skill on Scepter of Queen Tiara? :)

28. Sapper - when dying he deals 1000% damage to everyone around and his ult, nuclear bomb deals just 300%? a bit wierd I'd change those two. Also his passive "Napalm" doesn't work when used on a creature that you don't see (damage from skill shows and is dealt but the passive doesn't trigger. Same goes for actual mage's Ring of Frost but it just do nothin - no dmg, no stun).

29. More unique items found on map for different classes!

30. More traps; More kinds of traps ex. pitfall trap that You fall down and only Your teammate can dig yYou out or like in previous versions You fall down into Hydra Matriarch lair and have to kill her in order to be able to escape or You are tped to a room with a brain breaking game which you have to win in order to leave; Moving walls (idea from Alien vs Predator movie - a labirynth that exchanges its shape every single lever); More energy walls;

31. Areas that need to split up in order to complete them/be able to go into boss room/be able to complete quest etc. Ex. two ways that need to be done at the same time in order to use levers which opens the further path of the other way.

32. Combine 30 and 31 in order to get mini games that needs to split up with teammate (well I've read that you prefer multiplayer rather than singleplayer so thats why im giving such anti-singleplayer ideas; but don't make eventual splitups for more than 2 players)

33. Well items like Mote of Fire and Temple Tablet need 100% drop chance from certain creature; also for that relic alongsite Temple Tablet "Orb of Light"? or sth like that. There are skumbag games in which You get no ex. Mote of Fire and You say bye bye to Your Sulfuras of Ragnaros. ;p

34. When You got full build, max level and You simply shine with awesomeness theres only last boss/two last bosses left. You don't have time to enjoy Your godlike character - here comes the previous idea of the last stand army of death mission to protect goblins or sth like that.

35. Resurrection stone's teleportation op. At least too low cd. At least too instant teleport. Imagine the You are stupid and You go into stronger boss room. Imagine that You are gettin Your ass kicked. No worries! Resurrection Stone saves the day! :)

36. I'm not sure about Wc3 map editor limits but instead of sticking new areas in tight places why not extend the map size and use some teleportation between them?

EDIT:
37. I've just remembered: the armor->agi ratio. You can easily get 200 agi in that game - its 20 armor. lets say You've put 18 points in armor from level gains and You are a lame spellcaster that starts with 2 armor. On top of that you have at least +10 armor from items and lets say that now You buy Titanum Shield which reduces incoming damage by 13. Now to sum it up we got something like 80%~90% damage reduction on a lame mage which isnt made to tank; so if someone hits us for ~100 he'll deal hmm... 0~1dmg^^ lets say last boss on hell hits us from critical for 1000 and you got like 3k hp (even with Diabolic Scepter later You won't go much higher than 3k) so U'll get lets say 150 dmg from armor reduct - 13 = 137. Well comparing to Your 3k hp and Your regen like 50hp/sec it's lame. Even no need for heal. Even no need for a tank. Even no need for a teammate. :p Well not to mention that summons that last boss makes each of them hits you for 0~10dmg (20 at best possible circumstances). So maybe instead of 0.1 sth like 0.05? or even 0.025.

38. Hmm maybe some enchanting/jeweling system? I mean You got Your nice rare item then why not give it some boost through enchant; some more stats through upgrade and some more stats/abilities through jewels?

39. Maybe critical strikes on spellcasts? Different critical than for auto attack like lifesteal and hp steal from dmg dealt. But it would mean lowering spell dmg/increasing monsters spell resistance. :/ And also on pair with that maybe spell pene? (we got armor pene so why not; yes I am well aware of the fact that it's not that easy to make:p)

40. Again my World of Warcraft experience - just as with Firelord, last boss try giving more "stages" to boss battles. Well really helpfull here would be a custom Wc3 map "Impossible Bosses".

41. Ad. 18 about Arcane Mastery. I've written that I got like 11k dps on last boss - the passive seems to work no with 1s cd for all spells but 1s cd for each spell that means actually each spell gains 1s cd with good timing rather than theres 1s global cd.
Ad. 3 about Hell level beeing too easy. I should also mention that as well in singleplayer as well in multi with friend we've ALWAYS played on hell difficulty with only one starting life. So don't think that I tell You it's easy after 24 deaths in row with 6 lives left. :p Also we do not save/load when we die - it's lost run if we have no more lives left. (around 2~3 so far)

42. Tidewarriors Razorspine Scales always heal for 50, doesn't increase up to 200.

43. Maybe "select target" skill for shops so that there wouldn't be the problem with selling to backpack?
EDIT END

Well thats all so far that I remember. I'll talk with friend if we happen to remember something more I'll eventually write it. I'd normally send You all the replays of our games (and maybe my singleplayers also) but 1. I have no idea how to make replay from lan game (well at least I've got save) and I don't have the previous ones cause a few days ago I've reinstalled Wc3 and everyhin is lost. :(

I know I might be boring now but I'd really like to see the idea of Impossible level, changed mage, described terrain changes and pvp/arena system. Well to be not modest together with friend we loose lives on hell only when using Wc3s smart auto pathway finding while theres a trap on the way Wc3 selects and in the meantime... we are checking somethin on the net. :D

Hope I helped. Again sorry it's so chaotic and long. ;)

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Quite the comment. Wow.

It was in previous versions and it still exists: the bug with golems control (in Library theres one big with divine armor and two other that you can controll in order to kill the big one). The left plate is bugged - it doesn't give back control over hero when his golem is killed; the hero is forever neutral, uncontrollable and disappears from left top index (theres only backpack left). It happened to me and also my friend; theres no way to unlock that hero by load game save, complete quests, kill bosses etc. However when the bugged player leaves and the other kills the big golem, he gains control back over the bugged hero. But still the bugged player can't control his bugget char.

I am pretty sure I fixed it, but I will look into it again.

Another bug we've found was when my friend (tidewarrior; yesterday) tried to make "Gladius". Well we got all resources, recipe but it didn't mix. I also tried to mix them in my inventory and it also didn't work.

Easy fix.

"Hell" level is hella... easy. Only the first run gave us some hard time early (well it was necro/rogue so we didn't have a good tank early) but later it's almost too easy.

You said it took you 6-7 hours. When you have 3 players it actually takes 4. This means that you had quite the struggle. Maybe you didn't die a lot, but you surely had to wait a lot between pack and therefore taking you 6-7 hours.

I'd suggest making another level "Impossible" which would be different than other levels in strength magnitude. I mean ex. like on hell last boss got 100k hp then on impossible give him 500k~xkk (well id like to make it even more World of Warcraft like with ex. 125kk hp Lich King) and dmg range instead of 300-600 on Hell to hmm... 3000-6000 or even 6000-12000 on Impossible? So that instead of a run which on hell took us 6-7hrs to make it like 15-20hrs. Also adding like 50+% critical instead of 15% and ex. x% evasion, x% on being hit to summon x, x% lifesteal or even x% dmg dealt to hp, etc. Please acknowledge that idea. :p

I have thought of a higher difficulty level, but what you suggest isn't making the map more difficult. It just makes it much, much longer. All of those stats (evasion, lifesteal, health) make the creeps more durable. Longer fights lead to an inevitable result which is: healer running out of mana and a wipe because of that. That makes fights more boring. If I ever make a higher difficulty level, it will have different features. And by the way, if you want a challenge, try running Hell Mode with 1 or 5 lives. :)

MOAR SPELLS AND ABILITIES FOR MONSTERS AND BOSSES! I know that triggers give quite the hard time to make the monster cast a spell properly but just pls... sth like a boss with 10-15 different and skumbag spells definitely would be great; also minor monsters would have 2-7 or sth like that spells also.

Monsters used to have no abilities before. I am working on more, but don't ever expect 10-15 abilities. Ever. Cause you will be left disappointed.

Diabolic Scepter? You lowered from 2 to 1 hp but 1.5 sec cd is just too much. Ofc the same effect can be achieved by good timing in spellcasts covering that cd with your spells cd but still I assume that you did it due to ppl stacking 6 Diabolic Scepters and wandering around with 30k hp. I'd suggest making ALL of items do NOT stack. Well it would prevent another ex. dk walking with 6 thornmails and healing himself more than the surrounding can do to him (blood presence). On top of that it would make players think bout builds rather than buying several identical items that are simply good.

Diabolic Scepter's health effect does not stack. I am pretty sure Thornmail does not aswell.

Druid - previous versions druid was better idea than the latest one...

Druid in which version? And what was exactly better? I can make nothing out of this last report cause it points out no problems.

Spells that do only base flat dmg (don't consider ones that do dmg based on enemy's max/current hp). Pls, man, even if you would have to give sth like only 10~20% of ex. strength to those spells... Pls just do it. It feels kinda pathetic and limiting having only base dmg...

Scaling makes players go for caster builds. The heroes that don't have scaling are usualy Agility or Strength heroes and this encourages them to go for stats like Armor/Health or Damage/Attack Speed. Heroes have to vary. If all heroes scale with an attribute and all you do is rush the selected attribute while spamming spells it will be dead boring. Feel like playing a caster scaling hero? There are plenty of them. Want a different build and gameplay experience? Go for other heroes.

At some point while wandering in Master's Chamber location dunno how I got vision on the inside of left door. To not spoiler I won't write here what's inside. ;p Same goes for vision on Dawn's recipe when you are on stairs near to it.

Vision over Legend of Dawn is intentional.

Priest - noone plays him cause other int heroes' heals are enough. Just make him heal like other casters can now and lower their heals.

1.) Who on Earth made that brutal lie for you that noone palys him? O_O
2.) What's wrong with his heals?

Rekst's mission is bugged. After it's completed (Rekst's skull given to that druid and reward recived) in journal its still uncompleted.

Will fix.

This is more like a question: Whats with the last undiscovered mission? The one on top of journal. Is it related to that strange 20lvl naga with undestroyable divine armor and 12hp near waterfalls, bridge and secret arena?

I've recently made all quests in the Journal. I am not sure. Most likely it's a bug.

Primar stats that gives attack damage - pretty wierd when mage actually can deal from auto the same damage as agi heroe like rogue later on.

But Agility heroes attack 3 times as fast and can crit, right? :)

Beastmaster - dunno how others think but I've played him only once and it was the most unpleasant try comparing to other heroes. He's lame, squishy and doesn't deal that much damage. Think about rework.

That's the weirdest and most wrong statement I heard in my entire life.
1.)Maybe you are judging him based on your 2-player games. Wrong. Agility heroes are designed to have a tank by their side and a healer behind their back.
2.)Squishy? He has most base strength of any other Agility hero AND he has regeneration passive.
3.)He can outDPS any Agility hero in a heartbeat.

Add arena or PvP system.

No. Just... no. :D

Another question: any hints on the active skill on Scepter of Queen Tiara? :)

There is a compass that can lead you to the location.

Sapper - when dying he deals 1000% damage to everyone around and his ult, nuclear bomb deals just 300%? a bit wierd I'd change those two.

He deals 1000% damage cause he can do that only as much times as his lives are. It's a limited ability. It should be worth it.

More traps

I'll work on that.

Areas that need to split up in order to complete them/be able to go into boss room/be able to complete quest etc. Ex. two ways that need to be done at the same time in order to use levers which opens the further path of the other way.

Nice idea. I'll consider it.

Well items like Mote of Fire and Temple Tablet need 100% drop chance from certain creature;

Who said they don't have? Maybe you just didn't find where. :)

When You got full build, max level and You simply shine with awesomeness theres only last boss/two last bosses left. You don't have time to enjoy Your godlike character - here comes the previous idea of the last stand army of death mission to protect goblins or sth like that.

That's true. Will be considered.

I'm not sure about Wc3 map editor limits but instead of sticking new areas in tight places why not extend the map size and use some teleportation between them?

Extending map size isn't exactly my objective. I actually want to make it smaller and faster.

You can easily get 200 agi in that game

I want to see that done in regular 4-hour game with 3 players.

Hmm maybe some enchanting/jeweling system? I mean You got Your nice rare item then why not give it some boost through enchant; some more stats through upgrade and some more stats/abilities through jewels?

Item stats cannot be altered ingame unless using a complete item overhaul system.

Maybe critical strikes on spellcasts? Different critical than for auto attack like lifesteal and hp steal from dmg dealt.

Spell damage is fine as it is.

Again my World of Warcraft experience - just as with Firelord, last boss try giving more "stages" to boss battles. Well really helpfull here would be a custom Wc3 map "Impossible Bosses".

Redesigning bosses is on my to-do list but it will take time.

Tidewarriors Razorspine Scales always heal for 50, doesn't increase up to 200.

Will fix.

Maybe "select target" skill for shops so that there wouldn't be the problem with selling to backpack?

As of v.1.3.9. that bug no longer exists.

If I did not respond to some of your points it's either because I disagree or what you request cannot be done. Sorry for that.

Last edited:
Level 1
You said it took you 6-7 hours. When you have 3 players it actually takes 4. This means that you had quite the struggle. Maybe you didn't die a lot, but you surely had to wait a lot between pack and therefore taking you 6-7 hours.
Well considering all the breaks for food/a walk/shopping etc. it took us maybe that 1hr more than we would do it in 3 players. But the only problem here is dps which is obiviously lower than when in 3 players.

I have thought of a higher difficulty level, but what you suggest isn't making the map more difficult. It just makes it much, much longer. All of those stats (evasion, lifesteal, health) make the creeps more durable. Longer fights lead to an inevitable result which is: healer running out of mana and a wipe because of that. That makes fights more boring. If I ever make a higher difficulty level, it will have different features. And by the way, if you want a challenge, try running Hell Mode with 1 or 5 lives. :)
Sorry but I didn't have much time to write that post and I reedited it later several times to add what I've forgotten. Pls check what I've added if it didn't show up. I wrote that I always play on Hell with only 1 life. Thats why I'm pointing out it's kinda easy. As for boring - don't worry, there are players like us who enjoy time spent on Wc3 (on such maps) so actually the merrier the better.

Monsters used to have no abilities before. I am working on more, but don't ever expect 10-15 abilities. Ever. Cause you will be left disappointed.
Well I'm well aware of that fact cause there was a time when I wanted to make a map myself and actually played in editor a little.

Diabolic Scepter's health effect does not stack. I am pretty sure Thornmail does not aswell.
Well I'm 100% sure that Diabolic Scepter before 1.5s cd update stacked and Thornmail in 1.3.8 version stacks as well. Why do You think I presented ideas of 30k hp hero or deathknight that is actually getting healed when they beat him rather than beeing damaged?:p

Druid in which version? And what was exactly better? I can make nothing out of this last report cause it points out no problems.
I meant 0.9.x versions when he got his empower-like ability. It was more tricky to play him then.

Scaling makes players go for caster builds. The heroes that don't have scaling are usualy Agility or Strength heroes and this encourages them to go for stats like Armor/Health or Damage/Attack Speed. Heroes have to vary. If all heroes scale with an attribute and all you do is rush the selected attribute while spamming spells it will be dead boring. Feel like playing a caster scaling hero? There are plenty of them. Want a different build and gameplay experience? Go for other heroes.
I'm also well aware of that fact. But that's why I said something like lame 10%-20% of stat or even less. Just so the whole heroe would develop itself. Well doesn't matter for skills that give quite unique effects, they can be left with base.

1.) Who on Earth made that brutal lie for you that noone palys him? O_O
2.) What's wrong with his heals?
Sorry, my fault cause You probably misunderstood me (well I'm still a highscooler so my english isn't perfect). What I meant is that priest is a good hero but compared to other int heroes while having relatively high heal he has also low dmg. Thats understood but in this map theres no need for stronger heal than actually other heroes posses - it's better to choose a hero that deals more dmg since heal he got is enough. So that's why I got a thought on lowering all healing capabilities (mostly mages one cause really its like all heals of priest converted into one spell when used properly).

But Agility heroes attack 3 times as fast and can crit, right? :)
I know I know, :D It's just that it looks wierd when in stats agi heroe got ex. ~200dmg while int heroe goes even to ~400dmg. Also try considering the thing with hightening range between min and max dmg. Hmm maybe primary stats should increase not whole dmg but only max? Think bout it;)

That's the weirdest and most wrong statement I heard in my entire life.
1.)Maybe you are judging him based on your 2-player games. Wrong. Agility heroes are designed to have a tank by their side and a healer behind their back.
2.)Squishy? He has most base strength of any other Agility hero AND he has regeneration passive.
3.)He can outDPS any Agility hero in a heartbeat.
Well I don't consider myself as a noob in Wc3. Maybe this hero is just not made for me and thats all;) But still his skills are kinda mainstream I can say, nothing new compared to other heroes.

Quote:
Add arena or PvP system.
No. Just... no. :D
Whyyyy?:D Really think hardly about it. I know it's cooperative survival/escape but still maybe in form of training between teammates rather than duel? Rly pls think bout it more.

He deals 1000% damage cause he can do that only as much times as his lives are. It's a limited ability. It should be worth it.
Well now I see U're right here. But it's a lil unbalanced: I mean I'm not sure if this works this way but if it does then You actually buy ankhs of reincarnation (don't remember if they stack) and just die several times dealing high dmg. If they don't work with ankhs then it's again a usable skill for player with 30 lives and useless for one with 1 life:D

Who said they don't have? Maybe you just didn't find where. :)
I didn't say I didn't find it, I gave an example cause yesterday for the first time the Orb of Light (still don't remember name) didn't drop from that siren boss. So I thought just what would happen with ex. Mote of Fire...

Extending map size isn't exactly my objective. I actually want to make it smaller and faster.
Well you got some point. After all it seems like theres still quite a lot place in this map and if you want to make it as small as possible then I have nothin to say;P

I want to see that done in regular 4-hour game with 3 players.
Yesterday during mage/tidew run my mage (as I've written before considering all additional cases it took a lil more than 5hrs) before the boat-swimming part my mage got like 180 str, 190 agi and 280 int?

Item stats cannot be altered ingame unless using a complete item overhaul system.
Then maybe try to do it this way: lets say we got a scepter and we want to upgrade it ex. to scepter+3. So make additional items: sc+1, sc+2, sc+3 and state that if conditions are met then scepter is exchanged for sc+1 etc. Same goes for enchants/jewels but adding more than upgrading like +1+2+3 would require tons of items;D

Spell damage is fine as it is.
Just speculating.

If I did not respond to some of your points it's either because I disagree or what you request cannot be done. Sorry for that.
Well pls read again carefully those points that You didn't answer to me cause in them I've stated also another points;p well there's nothin that cannot be done and if it's cause You disagree with sth it's a pity that we disagree so much;p but still I'd like to know with which You disagree (can be mail or message, don't have to be a post) so that I might be able to convince you a lil;)

One idea: in this map You have unlimited stats means You can forever spend Your time on increasing them. You are also don't like the idea of stat-dependant skills on every heroe. Maybe to mix it with Impossible level disable all stat-increasing facilities and items?

Nandi? That man-horse who sells seeds can be teleported by Resurrection Stones.

Another one found: when You are at the circle from which You get the Base of int staff when You use Scepter of QT (dunno bout other items) the base appears like it was used from the frame.

And this is a thought from me: This Old Compass is retarded! XD

Last edited: