• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken City v2.5.0

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

full

Powered by Bribe's Damage Engine
[Hosted Project Page | Forum]

INFORMATION

CHANGELOG

FEATURES

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

CREDITS

INFORMATION
Sunken City is a Dungeon Crawler map with RPG elements. The Player controls a hero and has to over come numerous puzzles, traps, quests, enemies and different bosses to reach the end. The game contains multiple different features that allow for advanced hero customization.

Recommended Players: Soloing is possible, but for better experience play with 2 or 3 players.
Gameplay Time: Between 3 and 6 hours depending on number of players and difficulty.
Amount of Heroes: 21
Maximum Level: 18

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Enemy Handicap
100%
120%
150%
185%
230%
Enemy Bonus Damage
0%
30%
80%
130%
170%
Enemy Bonus Armor
Enemy Bonus Attack Speed
0%
15%
25%
35%
40%

EasyNormalHardHellInsane
Bonus Gold per Kill
Bonus XP
0%
0%
1%
3%
5%
Bonus Drop Chances
0%
10%
15%
20%
30%
Starting Gold

CHANGELOG

186388-albums6607-picture72240.png
Version 2.5.0. [08.03.2024]
Come and play with us in our Discord server! Join here.

General Changes
  • Tooltip fixes.
  • Minor terrain changes.
  • Mastery and Potency values now additionally update periodically during combat in addition to the on-spellcast update.
  • Reset Talents now correctly has a cooldown of 60 seconds instead of 100.
  • The <-stats> command has been removed as stacking info is now available through the UI elements.
  • Base cooldown of abilities in tooltips is now displayed past the decimal point.
  • Fixed a bug where Hunter and Tidewarrior could not be chosen through random hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Status Bars, DPS Meter and Hero Custom Resource UI elements were not working.
  • Fixed a bug where flat damage reduction effects could completely negate some of the damage dealt by Nightmares.
  • Fixed a bug where music would stop playing after loading the game.
  • Fixed the Loading Screen to no longer have its text covered by the Loading Bar, which was moved in a recent Warcraft 3 patch.

Classes
full
Death Knight
  • Fixed a bug where the Breath of Sindragosa Talent could also damage allies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Decomposition Talent was increasing the damage of Plaguebearer's effect by more than intended.
full
Hunter
  • Fixed a bug where Grylls gained 10% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Huffer gained 5% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Spike gained 30% more Attack Damage scaling than intended.
full
Necromancer
  • Fixed a bug where the Life from Death Talent had incorrect chance for Skeletal minions to drop Blood Globes.
full
Paladin
  • Fixed a bug where Ardent Defender's increased Healing taken was not working properly.
full
Priest
  • Fixed a bug where Void Rift could move Demon Portals.
full
Tidewarrior
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike would not gain increased damage while above 25% Critical Strike chance.
  • Fixed a bug where Tidal Strike's visual effect would occasionally appear on the wrong target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Myrmidon effect of Tail Slam could increase non-attack damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the Storm Trident Talent was not working.
full
Tinker
  • Inventor's Demolitions effect can now heal the Tinker while below 40% health up from 35%.
  • Fixed a bug where the Critical Strike provided by the Target Locking Talent was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ion Grenade Talent was not doubling the mana scaling it adds when Throw Betty is Upgraded.
  • Fixed a bug where Upgraded Throw Betty would never stun.
full
Windmaster
  • Now has the correct Attribute Bonus ability.
full
Witch Doctor
  • Fixed a bug where the Spiritual Touch Talent's effect for Ancient Ward did not apply on Heroes.

Items
186388-albums6307-picture71865.jpg
Items

• Skyfeather Crown will now only allow spellcasts to empower the attacks of the Spirit of Aviana if the Spirit is already summoned.
  • Spellbreaker Shield should no longer appear under the Mana Regeneration shop Category.
  • Fixed a bug where Forbidden Seal would occasionally grant more Talent Slots than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Saberclaws was not working.
  • Fixed a bug where Chemical Armor was granting more Health Regeneration (Stat) than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Staff of Idrassil would also apply its buff on summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Eye of Discord's AoE effect would not trigger for attacks against non-hero units.
  • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Gaze was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Spiked Chains was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Topaz Amulet was not registering damage dealt by summons.
  • Fixed a bug where Embrace of the Hawk's Equip effect was not working.

Archives

FEATURES
  • Diverse Heroes: The 21 heroes in Sunken City possess different custom skills which are well presented in detailed tooltips.
  • Backpack System: In case your inventory is full, you are given a backpack with additional 6 slots where you can carry quest items or unused items for selling.
  • Stat System: Each level you are given the possibility to access the Skill Poitns Menu and gain access to secondary stats (non-Strength, Agility, Intelligence).
  • Item Interaction Systems: Sunken City gives the option to Disenchant items for stats or to Reforge unused lesser items to create better ones.
  • Chest System: There are many Chests scattered around the Sunken City. Opening them rewards you with a random item!
  • Quests: Embark quests that give you side objectives throughout the game!
  • Challenges: Complete difficult optional challenges for additional rewards.
  • Shop System: A simple and intuitive shop system makes it easier for players to navigate and purchase some of the many Sunken City shop items.
  • Rolling: Sunken City allows you to roll for items that suit everyone. Therefore you can avoid stealing.
  • Damage and Armor: Sunken City's gameplay is based around damaging the best target. By mouse-overing your damage and armor you will easiliy understand what's your best target!
  • Gold System: Players in Sunken City share the Gold gained by killing creeps!
  • Randomized Items: Each creature you kill has a chance of dropping one of the hundreds of items, contained in a scripted loot-table. In addition bosses have multiple drops, which add to the replayability.
  • Glyph System: A system that allows your hero to pick a combination of various Glyphs which add passive effects to your hero.
  • Talent System: Each hero has unique set of Talents that can amplify, modify, add or replace the existing hero abilities.

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

HEROES

Intelligence HeroesStrength HeroesAgility Heroes

Shaman [1]
Druid [2]
Priest [3]
Mage [4]
Necromancer [5]
Warlock [6]
Witch Doctor [7]
Warrior [1]
Paladin [2]
Death Knight [3]
Monk [4]
Tidewarrior [5]
Dragon Sentinel [6]
Tinker [7]
Rogue [1]
Hunter [2]
Feral Druid [3]
Windmaster [4]
Berserker [5]
Demon Hunter [6]
Siren [7]

CREDITS

I would like to thank the following people:
Note:
There are many more resources that I used, but I can't find their creators. If you see your resource used in my map, please tell me and I will add you here.

Contents

Sunken City v2.5.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 24-Dec-13 (14:27:40)Personal Comment:One of the most polished maps, of its type, that I had a chance to play. Beautiful terrain, nice story, well customized heroes and enemies...
Level 28
I don't know, the first circle I came to (after obtaining the first part), I used the item but nothing happened. The second circle, the part came up, and when I used it near the other circle it worked, as did assembling the staff.

As in, the floating text that appears when using the urn just reads "Default string".

Will there be an ending cinematic at some point?

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I don't know, the first circle I came to (after obtaining the first part), I used the item but nothing happened. The second circle, the part came up, and when I used it near the other circle it worked, as did assembling the staff.

As in, the floating text that appears when using the urn just reads "Default string".

Will there be an ending cinematic at some point?

Yes, I am planning an ending cinematic, including a remake of the end boss cinematic.

Level 1
Hey, I just made an account on this forum (even tho I'm lurking it since years) to tell you how great your map is!
Really well done, nice job and keep it coming!

Furthermore, I went through the previous pages, and I saw that you said "some people are already complaining about how long this map is", and I completely disagree with that, as I would like to see it bigger aswell.
My point is, if you start a RPG map, it's not to end it in 30mins/1hour, unless you are new you should know that a rpg takes ALOT of time to end, especially "one-game" rpg maps, unlike ORPG maps which can be played 30 mins per 30 mins.
If it's too long for some people, they can still do a Warcraft save, and play it later. If they think 2 hours is too long for a map, then they shouldn't play RPG maps.

But I can understand that you want to attract as much players as possible, that's why I would suggest you to add a choice at the start (along with lives/difficulty), which would be "normal mode" or "long mode" (or do it short and normal mode, you got my point), the normal mode being the map as it is now, and the long mode being the map + some parts added.
I really don't know if this is codable and if you plan on adding more parts to your map, but it could solve it.
If you can't do that, and still unsure about wether you should make it shorter/longer/remain it unchanged, you could suggest in the loading screen to do a Warcraft save if it's too long, and also adding an ingame auto-message every 30 minutes that would say something like "you want to take a break? won't have time to end it today? then do a Warcraft save and you can continue it later!" would probably solve it for people thinking this is too long, or who don't have time to play such long maps at once.

As for myself, I would really love to see new parts/items/higher level cap + 1 new skill per hero (or a skill you can buy later on, ie a shop that sells 2 skills for your class and you have to choose one of those two, but this is obviously going along with the higher level cap, otherwise that would make heroes imbalanced)

Anyway great work and thanks for the fun we had playing your map, and will probably have playing it again :ogre_haosis:

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Hey, I just made an account on this forum (even tho I'm lurking it since years) to tell you how great your map is!
Really well done, nice job and keep it coming!

Furthermore, I went through the previous pages, and I saw that you said "some people are already complaining about how long this map is", and I completely disagree with that, as I would like to see it bigger aswell.
My point is, if you start a RPG map, it's not to end it in 30mins/1hour, unless you are new you should know that a rpg takes ALOT of time to end, especially "one-game" rpg maps, unlike ORPG maps which can be played 30 mins per 30 mins.
If it's too long for some people, they can still do a Warcraft save, and play it later. If they think 2 hours is too long for a map, then they shouldn't play RPG maps.

But I can understand that you want to attract as much players as possible, that's why I would suggest you to add a choice at the start (along with lives/difficulty), which would be "normal mode" or "long mode" (or do it short and normal mode, you got my point), the normal mode being the map as it is now, and the long mode being the map + some parts added.
I really don't know if this is codable and if you plan on adding more parts to your map, but it could solve it.
If you can't do that, and still unsure about wether you should make it shorter/longer/remain it unchanged, you could suggest in the loading screen to do a Warcraft save if it's too long, and also adding an ingame auto-message every 30 minutes that would say something like "you want to take a break? won't have time to end it today? then do a Warcraft save and you can continue it later!" would probably solve it for people thinking this is too long, or who don't have time to play such long maps at once.

As for myself, I would really love to see new parts/items/higher level cap + 1 new skill per hero (or a skill you can buy later on, ie a shop that sells 2 skills for your class and you have to choose one of those two, but this is obviously going along with the higher level cap, otherwise that would make heroes imbalanced)

Anyway great work and thanks for the fun we had playing your map, and will probably have playing it again :ogre_haosis:

Just an amasing comment! I am really glad you like it. Now, the question about how long the map takes to complete is a complcated one. The thing is this: A few days ago I played through Garena with random people and there were few saying that the map gets boring after they complete the whole Level 3+ part. I by myself, wouldn't say it gets boring, but more like less interesting (even for myself). I don't quite know what makes the first part that better, but I hope I will find out. Also, currently I have SO much free space that if I want I can make the map twice as long even without increasing the map size. But there pop up balance issuses, level issues etc, etc.. At the moment I am trying to achieve different goals.

As you might know that map is older than an year, and there are still few places that remain since then. Sucky terrain, etc... First I must remake these places and perhaps place puzzles there or something more interesting. Then I want to customize the skills of all existing hereos. I don't want to leave even one spell which simply does 200 damage for example and nothing more. When these things are done, I might add a poll and see what the majority of the people playing this map think. Should I increase it or not. If they do want it bigger, I have a few ideas. So be patient. I am constantly adding new bosses/items/spells and balance changes, so the map is changing pretty often and should keep you interested.

By the way, I think you can check some older versions, where there were two islands to pass after you exit the temple featuring a mini AoS battle and some ship wandering. I removed that part, mainly because the map took a lot of time for many people and because I failed at making the isles as I wanted them to be.

Thanks again for your comment and keep an eye on the changelog for new versions! =)

Level 28
I don't know that it got boring after lv3, I found it interesting the whole way through.

If you plan to update this map, can I make one suggestion? Allow it to be played by one person by altering the two-switches puzzle so it can be weighed down with items. That allows for replaying with every character, not just the Ranger.

SpasMaster

Level 23
I don't know that it got boring after lv3, I found it interesting the whole way through.

If you plan to update this map, can I make one suggestion? Allow it to be played by one person by altering the two-switches puzzle so it can be weighed down with items. That allows for replaying with every character, not just the Ranger.

My main goal is and will always be to make the map as less soloable as possible. It's about teamplay and cooperation. That's what makes it good. And just to tell you that the Hunter is far from the only one being able to rise the bridge. The Death Knight, Shadow Hunter, Priest, Archmage, Rogue, Druid, Warlord, Pyromancer are also capable. Lol :D. Soon none will be though.

Level 1
Haha you're welcome, just telling our first thoughts after we played it, but I now have a question, we loaded the map (we saved it right before the end to end it later with every secrets), we are at 10/11 secrets but can't find the last one. We found out that there's some islands accessible only with a ship, but we can't figure how to get one.. So can you tell me (pm if you don't wanna spoil it), or give me a hint on how to get a ship, unless it's some hidden teleports we didn't find?

Also, thanks for the advice, I now downloaded the vers 5.7 and will try it later!

SpasMaster

Level 23
Haha you're welcome, just telling our first thoughts after we played it, but I now have a question, we loaded the map (we saved it right before the end to end it later with every secrets), we are at 10/11 secrets but can't find the last one. We found out that there's some islands accessible only with a ship, but we can't figure how to get one.. So can you tell me (pm if you don't wanna spoil it), or give me a hint on how to get a ship, unless it's some hidden teleports we didn't find?

Also, thanks for the advice, I now downloaded the vers 5.7 and will try it later!

The islands you are talking about and I guess you found them by using a cheat are unacessible. They are there for trigger uses and decorated them with terrain and didn't leave them empty for my pleasure. All secrets are acessible, you proubably can't find one.

Level 1
Yep we found the last secret thanks (it was a lever we didn't pull), about the islands, at the place with alot of zombies if you go on the edge of the coast you can see a platform on which you can go on with a boat, so we tried single player (with cheat indeed) to see what was there and we thought it was the last secret, but nevermind now, we'll wait for the next update to go on these islands xd

SpasMaster

Level 23
People, I need your help!

Everyone of you who is interested can participate to create the best video for Sunken City. Show everyone the best bossfight, your best moments, perhaps some nice battles. Add a music of your taste and present what you liked the most! The best video will be displayed as the official map trailer and you will recieve +rep and place in the credits! The rest of the videos will be placed in a separate box in the description. For additional information PM me! =) Love you all!

Level 3
Awesome map. Me and a couple of friend enjoyed it very much. We collected the Hand of Ragnaros and the bow but could'nt find the third magic cyrcle for Atiesh :sad: Still a great experience and fun to play. Great terrain and everything. I saw only one bug. When we were at the final boss there is a cutscene and the instead of one hero a backpack was saying some really mean things to the boss :plol: None the less 5/5. :piru:

Level 5
Great map!! An actually fun RPG to play with your friends. The terrain is awesome and loved the secret areas. A few comments though:
1)Priest is quite weak compared to the other Intelligence heroes.
2)Some of the abilities of the heroes can actually cause slight lag(e.g:The 3 blades ability by the agility hero, can't rmb what's its name haha.
3)Quite a number of typing/grammatical errors.
Other than that, it's awesome!! 4/5

Level 1
Need help!

I've searched all the Ferons tomb and still didn't find the urn! I am playing 6.8 ver.
can you directly describe where this urn is situated?!

Level 3
I had no time yet to play version 6.9, so i dont know if these bugs were fixed.
- With the legendary item for int heroes you get +1 int for deniying creeps. We were pyromancer and pala (with the item to spawn skelettons) and druid was farming +300 int.
- Pyromancer ulti says it has 90 sec cooldown, but its just like 10 seconds. So i could make an army of fire spawnlings and druid could kill them all.
- Item Greed says it has the ability to transmute units, but after you buy it says, that you gain 2extra gold for each kill.

Other things:
Imo the summons are too weak. Like the Pyromancer ones. The deal like 14-28 dmg and have 300 hp. I think they should scale with agility or have a passive like ursa furry swipes. Same think for Druids Treants and Hunters pets.
The Hunter is imo one of the weakest Heroes. The only one without even 1 passive or scaling skill. I liked him more, when he had his Critical Strike. Also the piercing damage is bad, so that our tank did more damage then me. So i think you should swap Multishot (which is Kind of useless , with a passive). And let the Pets Level Up/ scale with ur stats etc.

Else the Map ist fine, could just need more Bosses

4/5

Level 2
dumb

I had no time yet to play version 6.9, so i dont know if these bugs were fixed.
- With the legendary item for int heroes you get +1 int for deniying creeps. We were pyromancer and pala (with the item to spawn skelettons) and druid was farming +300 int.
- Pyromancer ulti says it has 90 sec cooldown, but its just like 10 seconds. So i could make an army of fire spawnlings and druid could kill them all.
- Item Greed says it has the ability to transmute units, but after you buy it says, that you gain 2extra gold for each kill.

Other things:
Imo the summons are too weak. Like the Pyromancer ones. The deal like 14-28 dmg and have 300 hp. I think they should scale with agility or have a passive like ursa furry swipes. Same think for Druids Treants and Hunters pets.
The Hunter is imo one of the weakest Heroes. The only one without even 1 passive or scaling skill. I liked him more, when he had his Critical Strike. Also the piercing damage is bad, so that our tank did more damage then me. So i think you should swap Multishot (which is Kind of useless , with a passive). And let the Pets Level Up/ scale with ur stats etc.

Else the Map ist fine, could just need more Bosses

4/5

In my opinion hunter is underpowered... it's even one of my fave heroes :)

Last edited:
Level 1
Im playing ver6.2 i stuck in front of a rolling stone door when i go close it says:

You should check Main Throne Hall behind you...

where is Key/leaver/etc. exactly?
:goblin_wtf:
pleas answer me

and it was better if all players get gold cuz we have insult for money!:ogre_haosis:

5/5

SpasMaster

Level 23
Im playing ver6.2 i stuck in front of a rolling stone door when i go close it says:

where is Key/leaver/etc. exactly?
:goblin_wtf:
pleas answer me

and it was better if all players get gold cuz we have insult for money!:ogre_haosis:

5/5

You must go there:

There you go, this is the exact location.

helpy.png

If it still isn't there, then I have one last idea. One of your friends might have picked it accidently without saying. Did all of you check your backpacks?

Level 12
have played your map with my sister. here is some reviews :

Pros :
1. Replayable map with many hero choices.
2. likes the coloured items
3. good terrain
4. nice models
5. great abilities

Cons :
1. there are some monster that attacking each other.. i've the screenshot for them, but i don't know how to post it because i'm newbie :(
2. i used Shaman, and my sister used Alessia.. somehow we can kill monsters without getting touched because of the narrow places or even gates that blocking its way
3. shield of honor descripts that when we equipped it, it will boosts damage to you and your allies by 15 % .. but it boosts nothing for sure..
4. spamming text messages when we got dying (lol it's so annoying)
5. i brought along many books and quest items so that i left many useful items because i'm afraid that the books and quest items will be in charge later.. you should add one more backpack only for books and quest items
6. epic items should be extremely strong and gain lot of bonuses.. but the item named "Ace of the super good" just give a lesser bonuses i think..
7. there are some dead bodies that not decaying and disappear..

since the map is nice, i will not count the cons.. hope you reconsider about the cons..
5/5 for your map :thumbs_up: +rep

SpasMaster

Level 23
have played your map with my sister. here is some reviews :

Pros :
1. Replayable map with many hero choices.
2. likes the coloured items
3. good terrain
4. nice models
5. great abilities

Cons :
1. there are some monster that attacking each other.. i've the screenshot for them, but i don't know how to post it because i'm newbie :(
2. i used Shaman, and my sister used Alessia.. somehow we can kill monsters without getting touched because of the narrow places or even gates that blocking its way
3. shield of honor descripts that when we equipped it, it will boosts damage to you and your allies by 15 % .. but it boosts nothing for sure..
4. spamming text messages when we got dying (lol it's so annoying)
5. i brought along many books and quest items so that i left many useful items because i'm afraid that the books and quest items will be in charge later.. you should add one more backpack only for books and quest items
6. epic items should be extremely strong and gain lot of bonuses.. but the item named "Ace of the super good" just give a lesser bonuses i think..
7. there are some dead bodies that not decaying and disappear..

since the map is nice, i will not count the cons.. hope you reconsider about the cons..
5/5 for your map :thumbs_up: +rep

Thanks for your comment and I will fix the bugs right away!

About the cons:
1.The image upload is kinda complicated. First you must upload the image in Imageshack. Then use the BB Codes to link the image here.
2.You chose two really powerfull heroes to play with. I know the map is soloable by two players, but how many lives did you choose to have?
3.Will get fixed.
4.The Shaman along with all other Intelligence heroes are healers. In order to maintain every player alive, their screen gets spammed when someone is going low. You can clear messages by typing -clear :)
5.Some quest items remain after they are used. It's intentional and you should know when an item is no longer needed. Else you can leave it next to a shop and if it is needed go back.
6.Ace of the Super good is one of the best Intelligence items, with its +20 bonus. For this map +20 Intelligence is a lot. :)
7.Thats intentional. Creep bodies disappear slowly so it can be more realistic.

I will look into quest items, but not now. I am kinda busy. Perhaps later on I will add one more backpack or something similar.

Thanks for your comment again. See ya around =)

Level 12
since it was my first time playing your map.. i choose the one with infinite lives XD... but later i will play with different choices because like what i said it's "replayable".

i played your map far enough till i don't know what to do.. because there was a rolling stone door that said "u must check the behind throne hall" or something like that,, that's just make me do nothing and finally left the game that my sister was bored waiting for my searching .. is the rolling stone door had something to do with the obelisk that hold the golden key ? i got confused there :vw_wtf: and there was an item i got from moving within a grave and it said that "this is the remain of urn.. bla..bla..". may be you could give some more explanation about that :ogre_hurrhurr: .. just curious...

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
Try to give me bigger images, I can see nothing here :( Still if you dont want to bother its ok. =)

About the door and the Throne Room. People have asked me about it before you in page 15 of the comments. Still I will explain again.

So, in the previous page you will see a picture with the location of an item - an Urn. Take this Urn to the Throne Room and use it infront of an obelisk THERE. In the Throne Room. This will allow you to continue.

Level 12
sorry for not noticing other player's comment and thank you very much for the explanation.. i'm just one step into that, but unfortunately i left the game without saving :ogre_frown:
i will retest the map ,review it and wait for the next version :ogre_haosis:

here are the screenshots.. i have rescaled it.. :D

Level 3
Really good map, I like the gameplay. Few concerns I have are:

1. There really is no 4th Legendary item. There's just the hammer, bow and staff. If there is a 4th, I have absolutely no clue how to get it or where it is. And we went through everything.

2. Idk if you're revamping the island or not but there's an area labeled "Sewers Exit" but no entrance. Also the final boss giving a weapon from the rack is almost useless because there's nothing after him. I know in earlier versions there was a small extra island to fight on to get to the end but not in the new vers.

Level 1
my frineds and i play this map and now we are somewhere we cant go ahead anymore ! i guess we must find a key , a golden key we killed everything found all of the hidden places but there was no key !
where shall we search for it ?

SpasMaster

Level 23
my frineds and i play this map and now we are somewhere we cant go ahead anymore ! i guess we must find a key , a golden key we killed everything found all of the hidden places but there was no key !
where shall we search for it ?

The golden key is not needed to move on. And I can't tell you where to go, after you don't explain me where exactly you are. Give me a screenie or something so I can explain. : /

Level 2
Guess this is my first post to the forum but i just wanted to drop by and add my 10c review to it :)

I'd just like to start off by saying that this map is ABSOLUTELY phenomenal. The game you have created is rather superb in many ways. You have made a highly commendable effort here; as such my criticisms are only intended for the purposes of aid and help.

The Positives

First Impressions:
So many maps I have played fail to do this, yours does not. Immediately upon opening there is a cutscene (this is good)! The starting point is where you first get how good the map is. In this map the player sees a variety (12) CUSTOMLY MODELLED DESIGNED HEROES WITH UNIQUE SPELLS/ABILITIES, this is what makes maps good. Furthermore, just above is the Orc Chief displaying custom/interesting items in his inventory. This inspires good first impressions. Well Done:)

Heroes:
12 uniquely made heroes, custom spells and all that jazz. Excellent. The only thing missing is a repick, not critical though. The heroes (the ones we tested) all had interesting (most importantly different from std. w3) spells often with added effects such as shaman passive lightning. This was an area well done!

Items:
A large variety of highly unique and interesting items, often befitting the theme of your map. This was another solid effort. This was further improved through the excellent item creation system, complimenting the casual drops from the monster. The item ranking system also worked very well (yay for -stats :)).

Terrain:
Simply flawless. Commendable effort in this dept. Need I say more.

Boss Fights (Save one...)
For the most, your boss fights were well done. There were issues with some... but I'll get to that later. For the majority of the time, each boss fight had an interesting scripted event which made it unique and to some degree a challenge. Making the player forced to fight in a certain away to avoid taking immense damage (Firelord a prime example:)).

General 'Unqiueness'
Another area in which you excelled. The random events such as traps and altars all lent your map a great sense of unqiueness, making it more interesting to play. The altars were certainly an excellent idea for stat boosting and the possible chance of items. On the subject of items, the item chance drop from monsters (chance or scripted?) worked really well throughout the map. The puzzles, levers etc... were all well done adding depth. They worked well in letting the player know what he was looking for (the elven bow locked away needing the key... for example). The little gold carrier was cool too ahah :)! As were the tents, serving a dual purpose for a bug fix (not that it happened)!

The Negatives: Not that they detracted from the experience too much

The Lore/Story: My MAIN Issue.
The way you created your map with the story on the forums of the rising mysterious islands and the introduction (not that i can remember it well now) made it seem there was going to be a good, underlying story behind it all. For the purposes of this, I'll refer to two other maps that were highly similiar (although yours was better slightly than both). CastleOrange's 'Explore the Ruins' http://war3.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=9677 (A GAME I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU PLAY IF YOU ENJOYED THIS, IT IS SIMILIAR IN ALMOST EVERY ASPECT A GOOD 3 HOURS OF FUN) and 'Treasure Cave (Cove?)'. Both maps had you start out stranded upon and island/temple. Progressing through the game, gradually revealed to you the well designed lore and history of the place (ultimately a tragic demise of a powerful civillisation through various means'). This back story was revealed well through diaries, events and other means that you encountered as you progressed through the map. This gave the sense that your actions were somehow going to culminate in something exultant (which they did.)

The gradual revelation of the past and history of the place you were in made the game more interesting, resulting in you actually achieving some sort of meaningful victory against evil or w/e.

I felt that you had tried to incorporate elements of this in your map. The altars, the feron and ferics tomb. The white writing describing past battles etc... yet it just felt kinda superfluous. You get that the overarching sense like ok something went down here a long time ago, big battle or what not. But it never really comes to fruition, you never learn details about the lore or past in any great depth. Whether or not this was a focus for you or not, I'd thought I'd point it out. The ending was just... ok go time now woo, no cut scene or anything just victory, but it was more of the boss before... which leads me to the next problem.

The Final 'Boss':
The reason I didn't like this was for multiple reasons. Out of nowhere (yes there were minor references to him) with no real lore/story of any major kind we run into this Kalendednon (cant remember his name sorry). The major evil or what not for this temple, though i have no idea what happened long ago really or what he did. But yes, he is the final boss. Surprise! The cut scene was annoyingly stupid (and buggy i got teleported to the orc base and he was talking to nobody our characters weren't on the camera) i cant even remember what he said but I think it was kinda dumb and unecessary like 'ah yes i am big evil' the most annoying part was this though "you guys are puny"... we had just killed every single living thing in the temple. Kinda weird. His script isn't that exciting he attacks then disappears to the top and casts an easy to dodge blizzard and spawns weak ass elementals. For a final boss I expected more. He was just weak in general, but this leads to the final problem moreso.

Balance:
You had it right up to about level 9 or so. Then we got the fire hammer of GGNESS. At level 10 and with the FIREHAMMER OF GGNESS it was all too easy. Every mob/boss became food. I don't know if this was intended or not but it was easy after level 10. We got the OP weapons and proceeded to have no more troubling fights. Maybe it's because we picked the two most OP characters (idk havent tested them all we had shaman and rogue). Everything becomes way to weak, even the last boss. Imo he needs an extra 10k hp more armor more damage and more scripted spells. He is just too easy, the water elementals die quick and the blizzard is dodgeable by a 2 year old. He became more of a chore than a real challenge. The difficulty needs to be ramped up sufficiently once you've cleared out all the level 6 and 3 area.

Misc:
Not much to say here. Amongst just this. FIX THE TYPOS!!!!! Such an excellent map with such dedication put into it does not need typos... (the witch dr. book is one i remember). Typos are a personal hate, so easy to fix and i can understand why they are there, but such a well polished map, typos just drive me insane! Actually there were TWO things. One was the sewer exit, there was no sewer. Lastly, there was a gate down near the bottom right corner with runes on it, it was near the teleporter which takes you the twin corridor. Whether or not it was a bug, we could smash it down but not go through it... annoying.

Overall, i loved this map solid recommendation to anyone who wants to play a high quality and well polished map. The best in its genre of 'warchaser style' followed closely by Explore the Ruins and Treasure Cave. Well Done SpasORc. Wonderful Map all up.

91/100 :)

SpasMaster

Level 23
First of all thanks for your detailed review, I rarely get those. Thanks!

Now let's move on the actual review. I am really glad you liked the map and paid attention to so many things. This makes me feel good. ^^

1.The story: Belive it or not, I hate it. The things is that this map is older than one year than a half, so as time passed I started to add elements of a story. Tiny thing after tiny thing and you get to that mess, which only I can understand... I tought about it recently, and if you saw I just introduced quests. I mean... just. They are really new and I will add lots of them in the future and perhaps that will help me a lot in giving a clearer view over the story which actually has a potential of a good one.

2.Final boss: Back, back, back at version 1.2 I think a friend of mine - CWeener who helped me when I could do literraly nothing in the damn editor. He made that boss and he worked just perfect. As time passed and the map drastically changed bug, after bug appeared due to the immense changes. I was doing my best to fix them and keep the fight up, but it still bugs. I am making a new version at the moment (I have some questions for you abt it), so I think I could do a lot about that boss in it.

3.Balance: That's a complicated situation. If your read the comments before yours, you would see many people complaining that the map becomes impossible at its late stages. And I know exactly the issue. First off: when you are playing with 2 players instead of 3, it really breaks many things. First --> You are really weak and progressing slowly at veginning but the lack of a third player makes your XP go boooom, so at the middle and late game you start to own. Playing with 3 players makes it really balanced, or atleast way more balanced. And yes, Rogue is just... :X No comment. Pwns everything. End of. :D

4.Typos: Man, belive it or not, recently I started making tons of them. I can't write 2 words without a typo. The "backpsace" button has become my favourite. That's totally my fault and I am sorry about it. (I bet that after you read this you found another 100 typos). I know how to write, just something is wrong recently. :(

5.The maps you suggested: Treasure Cave is one of my favourite maps. It even gave me ideas which I tweaked and made into the map :). I will try the other one when I have time :)

6.Questions for you: I am working on a huge.... I mean HUGE version. I am completely remaking the hero pickup system, by adding lots of space. Space for new heroes. What do you think about it? Do you think more heroes would be good for this map. What kept me from doing it before was that I ahd to remake the system and also I can't add anymore Horde-like heroes. They must be something new and different. I am really up to the challenge, but having a, let me think... an elemental or some kind of mercenary as a hero... would it be cool? I dunno. I want more heroes. Tell me what you think.

P.S. Shaman is the best hero I made. Why? Cause I love shamans and when I am making the shaman I add the spells that please me the most. So, that's the most interesting hero to play... like the map maker's hero :D

Thanks for your comment, +rep for the nice review.

Level 2
No problem at all. Its rare that me and my friend find maps like this that are so good. Least i can do is offer suggestions to further improve your map and offer constructive feedback.

1. Ah perhaps I was a tad unclear. The story itself (from what I could make out) wasn't bad at all. It fit your theme and worked well. The problem is the presentation and the depth at which players are able to engage with it and understand whats special about this place, its history/background etc...; coupled with the ability for it to progress nicely throughout the players gameplay experience and add further quality to your map. Indeed adding quests would be a strong way to solidify the link between gameplay >> lore/story. I did notice a single quest item from memory. It was the king's blood. I thought it would reveal something to do with the kings spirit (that still mystifies me what the spirit thing is there for?) yet i fed the 'quest' item to a skeleton... (generally quest items are important or did I need the drop from it?)

2. Ah I understand. This is still a work in progress so these sorts of problems are expected, not that they were truly problematic in the first place, just pointing out what I thought could improve. Perfectly happy to answer any questions you have about it, happy to help :). Just ask!

3. Ah LOL so rogue is powerful and shaman is your favourite champ ahha. Lucky we stumbled across the best heroes! Yeah i did read them, to be honest I think your exactly spot on about the issue of what causes imbalance. Even at lower levels once we achieved level 3-4 things weren't TOO difficult. Except for those friggin helhound mana stealers!

4. Haha its all good man, no need to be sorry, they weren't glaringly obvious. Its just warcraft 3 in general... like seriously 9/10 maps will have spelling errors and serious grammatical errors on the loading screen ffs. From memory yours was fine... i cant remember if there were small syntax errors but no biggie. Typo errors dont ruin the game, they just... make a map look (dare i say mapmaker ;) ) look careless. They are the easiest fix in the world so no drama at all really.

5. Yeah its one of my too, quite unique. Shame i could never find my way past the rocky barriers at the end to get the ultimate ending. If you want me and my friend can run you through it lol (its about 3 hours of gameplay). Perhaps it can give you some ideas how to blend the lore/story of the place with the gameplay and fights more succinctly?

6. That makes me really happy :) i cant wait to play it. I was meaning to mention this actually. You have ALOT OF SPACE LEFT OVER THAT IS TAKEN UP BY WATER. USE IT TO MAKE THE GAME MORE AWESOME AHAH! Idk if you need more space for heroes, personally use it to give yourself more content. The best way i can see for you to integrate alot of heroes but still make it feel like your 'within the game' would be this: at the beginning scrap the circles of power but on the beach have 3 (or however many) ships that are damaged, burning but still upright. These then serve as your hero 'altars' and it makes you feel like your hero just came off the ship ready to explore. It will give you more space in regards to create selection icons for the payer to choose their respective hero.

I personally feel 2 more heroes of each atrribute, giving a total of 18 heroes would be sufficient. Provided you expanded your map and got rid of the water around it (unless you had an idea, i read about a mini game once???).

Furthermore on heroes, having an elemental hero sounds awesome! But perhaps make them secret. By that I mean have them as a reward for completing something within your map (but make it lategame). Upon completion of it, make it so that your hero 'absorbs' the power of an elemental spirit, by that it increases their general stats, attributes etc... Also if your feeling up to it, modify a complete new set of powerful elemental spells that correspond to the spirit absorbed. For example thunder, fire, wind, water etc... Perhaps this would add flavour to your map? Make it so that only ONE person can choose to become 'elemental' and in doing so they have to choose which element they want to evolve too. I understand however this idea may not be very good for a number of reasons. Balance, time to create, hard to work into a story, plain being a bad idea lol. But yeah just a thought. It would change the gameplay (sigificantly) and people tend to be bitches anyway and would dissolve into argument who would become 'teh superpower'. But i play with friends so I think it would be fun. Adds replayability.

7. IM happy to answer any questions you have, please ask :)

just out of interest, what was with the sewers and the door we couldnt go through bottom right corner of the map with runes on it?

+rep awesome map

Last edited:
Level 2
spasorc very Good map +100500 :)
1. tell me pls or give some advice who i can get 4th Legendary Item?
2. there is an item "Tabled of Life" is posible to get it (how) ?

THX u good job :thumbs_up:

Level 1

Needs help because i got the same problem...
I already beat that doom guard looking boss (feron?) first before i reached there.
But the door still not opened and there is nothing at all in the "Main Throne Room" except some text pops out if i carry the urn

Do i need to reach the rolling door first before killing that doom guard boss?
(vers 7.2 btw and the map is great 5/5 lol)

SpasMaster

Level 23
Needs help because i got the same problem...
I already beat that doom guard looking boss (feron?) first before i reached there.
But the door still not opened and there is nothing at all in the "Main Throne Room" except some text pops out if i carry the urn

Do i need to reach the rolling door first before killing that doom guard boss?
(vers 7.2 btw and the map is great 5/5 lol)

You use the urn in the main throne room infront of an obelisk :)

Level 1
Thanks it works!
also can map author remove the stone at the entrance of the "Main Throne Room"?
because i can snipe the boss using that stone and dragon summon (from Wyrmest Defender) as the wall
Screenshot:
hrg6xd.png