1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Suggestions & Ideas

Discussion in 'Blades 'n Gore II' started by Kitabatake, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Siryan

Siryan

Resources:
    Resources:
    True, you can use 'Tumble' or 'Lunge' to move passed people, however, if both of those skills are not available, and let's say you're in BOSS Mode (especially,) and you want that last shot or w/e in on enemy, but you cannot get to that enemy, it's a little nerve wracking after a while. I also find it hard to take down certain enemies while with allies for the very fact only so many can attack at once on a BOSS or regular enemies.

I think your game is quite elaborate already with some complex and interesting systems, and doesn't cause any lag thus far. If this system you were to produce was made well, there is no reason it would lag. It comes down to whether you want to implement it or not.

This system would be an all-the-time 'Lunge' and 'Tumble' effect for allies with other allies during regular walking or running around.

2. Siryan

Siryan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Saturday, JUNE 08, 2013 UPDATE / EDIT: So, have you been able to produce this, or have you not got around to it yet? I know you got a lot of suggestions on your plate, but I'm just wondering. With this and other great ideas implemented, your newest version will be quite astounding.

Who knows, perhaps you'll surprise us all having added a new area to fight in. (a guess)

You're doing a great job with handling it all. Keep it up!

========================

Your thoughts?

I just got feedback from Dr Super Good in Hive's Chat. This is what was said:

He suggested giving all players the ‘Wind Walk’ ability from the start of the game, remove the buff WW gives off in the OB Editor, and to set the FADE to a ridiculous value so the affected players aren’t seen as transparent.

That’s the first-half on how to go about this ‘Allies moving through Allies’ idea, and not through enemies . . .

He also said to code it to where IF: players with WW ability come within LESS than 100 distance (I would recommend 35-40 distance) from enemy units, to remove/disable the WW ability from that player or triggering player(s). ELSE: keep the WW ability active for all players if they are not within that 35-40 distance range of enemies, or whatever distance you prefer to use that’s best.

But what about my Spells ‘Lunge’ and ‘Tumble’?

So there is no interference . . .

In another ELSE within the same code / trigger do IF: a player uses / (ability being cast) equal to ‘Lunge’ OR ‘Tumble’ THEN: IGNORE the actions in the above stated to remove/disable the WW ability from player or triggering player. This means it would still be active for the triggering player.

I hope this helps and hope to see it in your game.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  3. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I was thinking that one way to produce that effect would be to disable all unit pathing and artificially re-create the pathing for hostile units, which would kinda work as an extra knockback system. Such systems move units with very frequent periods and when enough of these systems are active simultaneously, it can start causing lag.

Hmm, yes that solution sounds functional and doesn't require adding another heavy trigger system.
    I'll need to do some testing to see if it performs well enough in practice.
    Thanks for your efforts.

4. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hey, I dont know if this is suggested but I would like to suggest that you make a system for bot as an addition on making a difficulty level to them: Easy, Normal, Insane maybe?

Because I do have noticed that AIs here are quite strong and they react fast in each command that is why I would like to suggest that players (possibly the host) can freely choose the level of difficulty for the AI.

Thanks!

5. Siryan

Siryan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is a nice idea so the game is not RED-Player (Player 1) dependent all the time:

Only during Online Playing EVENT: RED leaves the game [insert w/e Condition here] THEN: give the next player in line of player number the ability to control the Game Settings ELSE: if RED is still in the game THEN: do the equivalent of 'Do Nothing.'

NOTE: If not possible to go through players in order, then give a 'random' player of player number control of the Game Settings.

Upon that player given control of the Game Settings, a Game Message would come up saying,

Example:

"Player [#] has been granted control of the Game Settings.
    Type [CMD] -switch to give control to someone else."

What the above would do is give the next player of player number (in player # order) control of the Game Settings. For example, if Player 1 RED leaves the game, and so does Player 2, and only Player 3+ are still in the game, Player 3 would be closest and given control of the Game Settings ELSE: the above would apply if someone uses the -switch [CMD] in which the control would be given to Player 4 or Player 5, and so on, until there's only one player left.

Without this system it's really unfair and not so cool when RED leaves the game and everyone else has to suffer and wait for a re-host. Meanwhile, they can still continue having fun in the game originally hosted.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  6. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey kita, I found a little something that annoys me a bit in Duel Arena, you pick
    your sword and start fighting but after a while you get bored of the same sword
    and you want to switch BUT you can't because shops are disabled/not enough gold

It would be good if only in duel arena mode you start with 10k gold and always
    shops being enabled with the exception of:

-Sword Shop disabled only if set from option screen settings
    -Armor Shop disabled only if set from option screen settings

Therefor we could easily switch sword and armor atleast 3 times which should
    be more than enough per duel arena game.

7. playcanon

playcanon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Battle Mage:vw_wtf:
    Battle Mage

Starts with unique weapon "map creator decide" "CUSTOM TO FIT HIM"

Starts with unique armor "map creator decide" "CUSTOM TO FIT HIM"

Starts with unique throwing "map creator decide" "CUSTOM TO FIT HIM"

3 Stances
    Fire Stance
    Upon activation imbues the weapon with power of fire and makes next attack deals AoE (radius xxx) plus DoT xx amount for x seconds

Ice Stance
    Upon activation imbues the weapon with power of frost and makes next attack slows enemys in AoE (radius xxx) plus Frostnova (first attack) deals xx damage (instantly)

Nature Stance
    Upon activation imbues weapon with power of nature and makes next attack poison enemy for (xx damage) (instantly / DoT)
    and heal the user for (xx) amount

5 Skill set

Main skill

Unleash The Element

Unleashes the power of Frost OR Fire OR Nature element "curently imbued"
    Fire makes (radius xxx) in flames for (x) seconds to deal (x) damage
    Frost makes (radius xxx) in frost for (x) seconds to slow enemys for (xx)%
    Nature makes (radius xxx) (grassy/anything...) for (x) seconds and heal the user for (xx) amount over (x) seconds

Slash
    Used to unleash the imbued first attack strike depending on element

Blink-Strike (can be defended)

same as lung but new animation and can also unleash the first imbued attack

SILENCE!

Silences every one on map except the caster for (0.1-1) second "cancel casting" "casting time (x) seconds)

Magical Rejuvenation (INSTANT)

Throwing Weapons

Gets special effect depending on imbue

Fire Deals DoT (XX) over (X) Seconds

Frost Slows target for (XX)% for (X) seconds

Nature Poisons target for (XX)% of his curent life for (X) seconds

Upon casts starts to feel magic inside the caster that heals for (xx) amount of health and (xx) stamina over (x) seconds
    DISPELLABLE

Feel free to add your own ideas
    +Credits to xorkatoss for starting this idea

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  8. playcanon

playcanon

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Plauge Infested The Corpse!
    ((LAST MAN STANDING MODE))
    You are left alone vurses horde of zombies... will you survive
    7 ROUNDS-
    1st round
    Weak zombies entering from 1 direction
    2nd
    Medium zombies entering from 1 direction
    3rd
    Weak-Medium zombies entering from 1 direction
    4th
    Hard zombies entering from 4 direction
    5th
    Hard + Flying zombies entering from 4 directions
    6th
    Hard + Flying zombies entering from 4 directions and 2 bosses ((BOUNS EXP FOR KILLER))
    7th ""FINAL""
    Unending horde of hard + flying zombies and 4 bosses spawn per (XX) seconds ((BOUNS EXP FOR KILLER))

9. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Suggestion here, how about make the Kills System interesting and not just when 5 kill straight kills, it will just say that I reached 5+ kills without dying and such. I suggest maybe do like in Dota where like "First Blood", "Killing Spree" and hen straight kills: "Double Kill", "Triple Kill" and such.... but if you want it original maybe voice acting your own sounds.

10. MasterTrainer

MasterTrainer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Better yet make it so that it would be really different from dota, so I think you should add some BnGII touch to it.

11. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
  12. MasterTrainer

MasterTrainer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah. Though still I can't figure out how to make that system completely original...

13. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah, gonna add the difficulty selection as a part of the full-screen setting selection system.

Hmm... Perhaps.
    However, the map is often hosted in garena or other virtual private networks, where (as in wc3 LAN games) the host leaving will automatically disconnect all players.
    Therefore this feature would only benefit bnet players that are abandoned by the host.
    I'll keep this suggestion in mind.

Hmm yes the duel mode is slightly clunky at the moment.
    I'll need to think about this suggestion...

Hmm it would change the gameplay quite a bit.

...Flying zombies?
    Yeah, I could make the text messages a bit more varied.
    However, I want to avoid voice acting because it tends to be low quality and thus detrimental to the map.

Also, dota has nothing to do with those sounds.
    They are directly taken from Unreal Tournament.

14. MasterTrainer

MasterTrainer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey pardon me if this is already in the map, because the last time I played it was before school started but, it would be really cool if you added some real-environment feel to it. And by "real" I mean earthquakes, storms, floods, meteor-showers; and by "environment" I mean the different parts/stages/phases of the map.

Is this already included?

15. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^as far as I can recall from 0.97 patch/version
    NO, it's not included
    But there are many environment [Play Zones] to choose since B'n'G I

Suggestion :
    Kitabatake, I don't know if it is hard to implement but is it possible to add another scenario/battle zone, currently we have 5/6 [cant recall], if possible this can add some more favors for the game :)

16. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is not in the map currently but it has been suggested a few times.
    I'll keep it in mind during development.
    Yes, it is possible to add more game modes and areas.
    I'm planning on adding more after the more important systems are done.

Thanks for the suggestions!

17. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I would like to suggest some eye-candy after each round is done.

Perhaps you could use some sort of fireworks or falling confetti from the sky.

18. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should really add some terrain hazards. Wall-spikes, traps, cliffs you can fall off, anything :O

19. Dawn

Dawn

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Just played this map and I can say that this is really awesome! I can only suggest a hook weapon where you can pull an enemy to your unit so that you can "Finish him".

20. Weng

Weng

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is a post from https://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/2361337/"]here.

Some people need a newbie-friendly bots but some people like me need a more advanced bots.

I suggest you to add Bot Difficulty Level for BnGII.

Also, i said that i'n hoping for a more advanced bots, it's because i always can already know what the bot suppose to do in the next moment. Please add more type of action they will do.

My suggestion:
    • Easy Bots : Reaction Delay with 1 type of action variation.
    • Normal Bots : Reaction delay with 2 types of action variations.
    • Hard bots : No reaction delay and more more more clever.

Good luck with your project ;)