1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Suggestions & Ideas

Discussion in 'Blades 'n Gore II' started by Kitabatake, Feb 12, 2013.

1. MasterTrainer

MasterTrainer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I would like to suggest that this game to have a special code system (though I know this will be hard to do, but if pulled off would really make everyone enjoy this game even more) that would do this:

-Somehow the Game Master (That's you Kitabatake) will devise a way to give worthy players a special code that is entered in-game that will give them special perks.

- I am thinking of either they do something really hard and complex to get the code in-game or do something outside the game.

Anyways, I haven't seen a lot of games here on the Hive with this kind of system, and that would be really cool if this game had one.

2. Doomlord

Doomlord

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hi. I don't really spend my time browsing through the pages of this thread so I don't know if this is suggested yet. Pardon me if it already is :)

Would you be kind enough to create a type of overhead gauge that is filled with each attack and/or taking damage (there could be 2 gauges for each). When it is fully filled the player can expand it to execute an ultimate move that deals massive damage and has a chance to insta-kill.

Thanks for reading

3. darkceus

darkceus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah, that'll be cool. Just like in Monster Hunter games. The longsword demon spirit gauge.

4. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hmmm, maybe.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    It exits all menus.
    For example, if you are in the shopping menu, you can just press J to go directly back to the combat abilities. Otherwise you'll need to press the default cancel button twice.

But yeah, the spellbook menus are quite crowded and a bit clumsy. I might try to make a fullscreen menu system for buying/selling, which might simplify things a bit.
    Hmm I gotta think about this.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Hmmm, perhaps.
    However, I'll never include unlockables that will make players overpowered compared to each other. So perhaps I could think of making some aesthetic unlocks or rank gain boosts or something.

Hmmm, I dunno.
    Having gauges overhead might clot the screen too much in my opinion.
    Also how would the move be ordered since there's no space in the interface?
    Sure I could just make the next regular move be flashier but for example power slam already has massive damage and can in some cases insta-kill.

Thanks & +rep to all suggestions!

5. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Oh cool! Sorry if i have misunderstood :D

6. Doomlord

Doomlord

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Oh yes you have a point there. Bad suggestion :p

How about combo moves? Like 2 kicks, 1 lunge and 1 power slam is a nice combo. And I think the moves need to connect (hit a target) as well so as there will be some strategy involved. If the player can execute the correct move sequence that connects, the combo move is available immediately. When the player use the sword ability with the combo move available, the sword ability will be boosted significantly.

Thank you for reading.

7. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The combat in BnG II is already all about combining the abilities depending on the current situation.
    I'm not quite sure what you are actually suggesting here.

8. Doomlord

Doomlord

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    A fixed move sequence combo. It is more or less the classic combo system seen in fighting games. I was thinking of what if that system was presented in this map and I came up with that suggestion.

Feel free to refuse as you wish. I won't mind.

9. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok, thanks for the suggestion!
    However, it goes directly against the core idea and design philosophy of the map:

10. Doomlord

Doomlord

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I never notice that. Sorry :p

Thank you anyway.

11. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I do hope I am in the right place. Ok, so on to the topic, I have played with my friend just now. Have lots of fun but I really notice that AI Bots are quite good in battling but I notce they DONT BUY OR IMPROVE THEIR Equipments.

So, simple my suggestion is Advance AI Bot AI buys items when they have enough money... etc.

Well, we played Boss Mode with my friends with Bots and we have noticed that.

ANOTHER SUGGESTION IS, maybe you should remove those acolytes because there is already a button for buying at the hero's abilities.

12. MasterTrainer

MasterTrainer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah like in Dota when the AI buys and improve their items as the game advances...

13. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yes, its what BnG lacks.

14. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the suggestion and yes, that's how it is at the moment.
    The bot AI is a fairly new addition to the map (implemented in 0.97, just before the latest update) and I have not created functionality beyond combat yet. This is also why bots are currently unavailable for Battle Zone.

I'll seek to expand the AI in future versions.
    Perhaps.
    However, I don't see them causing any harm so I think they'll stay for the moment.

Also as a side note, I'm currently very busy so map development progress will be slow this week.

15. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    But for me in my own opinion the Acolytes are quite of a distract because when I am doing stuffs in my ability each time I step up on them suddenly it will go to shop and sometimes I buy a wrong weapon or armor...lol!

16. David

David

Resources:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hey, this is an awesome map. I think this kind of map picture with the guy and the writing on top of him, I think Blades n Gore should use a better drawing. Just saying. There are so much great artists in hive which you can request one.

17. Siryan

Siryan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a real great idea (if possible.) Make it so allies (be it BOTS or actual real players fighting alongside you) can move 'through' each other via when simply walking around or running. I find the more allies playing (trying to hit an enemy or groups of enemies,) it can get really annoying when you cannot get a hit in, especially if you're teamed up with people or lots of BOTS.

However, if a player is going against another player or multiple players, the above wouldn't apply. The trigger code would be turned off, or on, depending on the situation.

For example: IF players or the Host wants to play FFA Mode, it would of course be active. If it's TEAMS, this idea would be active only for the players in each team. However, players going against the other team(s) wouldn't be able to move 'through' their enemy or each other.

In a nutshell:

EVENT -- [insert whatever Event here] Condition -- IF Player(s) is an enemy of other Player(s) THEN -- Make it so Player(s) cannot move through enemy Player(s) ELSE -- IF Player(s) is an ally of other Player(s) THEN -- Make it so Player(s) can move 'through' ally Player(s) / their allies.

While the above stated is of course easier said than done, I broke it down because I do think it's possible somehow to implement this idea, and I would like to see it in your map.

Thank You for your time / reading this.

18. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hmm yes, that is true.
    I'm planning some full screen systems for setting selection and shopping to make things faster and clearer.
    Hopefully I'll get a system of some sort ready for the next map version.

Thanks for the suggestion, gotta think about it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, I don't know if that's actually possible.
    The only time when such a system would be useful is the situation you described, in which you have both allies and enemies in very close proximity.
    I think it's not possible to ignore the friendly unit pathing while having the hostile unit have normal pathing.

Also remember that you can use the tumble and lunge abilities to move past someone who is blocking your way.

19. Siryan

Siryan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, if ever you find it possible to do (because many people have bent the capabilities of WC III's Editor / Engine) keep the idea in mind. I think it would be great, and I'm still optimistic enough it may be possible.

I can talk to a couple of people I know on here and talk about the idea in Chat, and I'll be sure to update THIS reply on what feedback I get back.

The inspiration of this idea comes from MMORPGs (real-deal already-published ones you buy) in where when you're in towns, players can move 'through' each other, preventing any 'blockade' being made possible to make for other players, making it hard to move around, etc. However, even in MMORPGs I haven't seen it done like how I talk about when with allies VS enemies in real-time combat.

Your map would be the first to have this in it. Perhaps if you figured it out it can be submitted as a resource on Hive. Who knows. The possibilities are endless.

Again, I'll see what info I can dig up. Keep up the good work!

20. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well I'm sure the functionality could be produced with some elaborate system.
    However, it is very likely that it would not be worth the trouble and extra lag.

Thanks for investigating the matter but just make a new post here if you find anything out.
    Nobody checks old posts if they have been updated and the thread becomes harder to follow if people edit in new info to old posts.

Yes, well like I said in my earlier post, you can move past any blockade in BnG II by using tumble or lunge.