• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Suggestion] On the strength of the Gargoyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hey Zweibelchen. I will make this suggestion very brief:

Please add more hp to the Gargoyle. At the moment the boss mechanics are good, but it is too easy to kill with the use of a single mana pot. I think, considering Gargoyle is meant to be one of the two hardest bosses at the moment, you should increase its health with like 10-20% to make mana a determining factor.

On another note: Really enjoying the new boss fights - damn that Brood Matriarch is hard !

Level 13
Yeah the Gargoyle (Who should be renamed Yanisin!) and Gazrow are extremely easy at the moment. They should get hp buffs. Perhaps also buff the armor on Gazrow, his weak rate of healing doesn't make up for how damn easy it is to kill him.

These are indeed meant to be world bosses but they're a bit too easy, y'know?

Level 4
Just giving them hp will only take more time to kill them (i've not fought gargoyle yet so i will not speak for him)
If any of those boss get like 50% hp buff, it will only take longer to kill it, and that does not mean harder, if they receive armor, will only make it longer
If they receive damage, that will make them harder but will instantly mess with the balance (i believe they are doing a pretty good amount of damage)

TL;DR: More hp just means more time to kill, and not harder to kill (those are completely different things)

Level 14
Yea only hp isnt enough. We found Garg very easy because he does nothing. The tornadoes spawned far away from us, the boss himself doesnt hit very hard (i tanked him with my bard and it didnt took much healing to keep me alive ..). The adds are quite weak if u have decent aoe (we had a Zerker and a Hunter and all adds were dead in seconds...).

One more thing: In one run, when he started flying we had him at like 51% and we killed him before he landed again. So i couldnt steal.. kinda annoying :S

Level 18
Yeah the Gargoyle (Who should be renamed Yanisin!) and Gazrow are extremely easy at the moment. They should get hp buffs. Perhaps also buff the armor on Gazrow, his weak rate of healing doesn't make up for how damn easy it is to kill him.

These are indeed meant to be world bosses but they're a bit too easy, y'know?

Vestra, i'm sorry for the language i'm going to use but fuck you for your dialogs, the game sounds so retarded, doesn't sound anything like the old one, what the fuck seriously this is not a 5 year old game.

That being said, currently the gargoyle needs a buff and dialogs need a change, like seriously, over exagerated written accent, srsly?

Everyone who i played with used esc to skip the dialogs because they were totally annoying to read.

Level 13
Vestra, i'm sorry for the language i'm going to use but fuck you for your dialogs, the game sounds so retarded, doesn't sound anything like the old one, what the fuck seriously this is not a 5 year old game.

That being said, currently the gargoyle needs a buff and dialogs need a change, like seriously, over exagerated written accent, srsly?

Everyone who i played with used esc to skip the dialogs because they were totally annoying to read.

Which dialogs? I'm assuming you mean the Hacketts.

It's storyline brudda, none of you people play for lore anyway. If enough people complain I can shorten shit, just expect very abbreviated storyline. Which frankly disappoints me, so fuck you too.

Also what do you mean by 5 year old game, at least structure your criticism with viable points man lets not go back to how you used to complain.

Also, HP does mean harder. It means you have to endure the boss for a longer period of time which is indeed harder. Provided there are some nerfs to the ridiculous numbers we achieve healing, things would be fine.

Hopefully the new balancing works out I'll give it a try later I've played enough gaias for one day.

Theres probably going to be another buff on the gargoyle coming in the future... I'm not satisfied with the tornado placemeant ... they get spread out too far.

Also, I came up with the idea to let -roll display all text written after roll aswell so that its easier to destinguish what people rolled for.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Thanks for the fix Zweib!

@Ryusora & Muzzel
You are wrong that hp will "just make boss fights longer". More hp will also make mana efficiency a factor - just like I said. Only if the hp is increased significantly of course :). Moreover, people have to concentrate for longer periods of time: something that tends to make slobby people die :)

Last edited:
Level 4
Zwieb, what about describing on the items the level needed to equip it?
or at least the ones in store?

Level 13
Bosses already have black hp in my terrible resolution. Doesn't affect gameplay.

Resistance is a good idea though, however, that just reduces the dps they receive from certain classes.

Level 18
Bosses already have black hp in my terrible resolution. Doesn't affect gameplay.

Resistance is a good idea though, however, that just reduces the dps they receive from certain classes.

You can add physical resistance too, for example bosses in d1 get something like 10% resistance to everything +extra resistance each boss has now
the bosses between d1 and d2 all got let's say 15-20% resistance+extra resistance each boss has now
d2: 25% resistance to everything +extra resistance each boss has now
the bosses between d1 and d2 all got let's say 30-35% resistance+extra resistance each boss has now
d3: 40% resistance to everything+extra resistance each boss has now
the bosses between d1 and d2 all got let's say 45-50% resistance+extra resistance each boss has now
d4: 55% resistance to everything+extra resistance each boss has now

Level 14
I dont like the idea of flat resistances against everything, it has the same effect as higher hp but with the annoying fact that you cannot see the resistances. To increase the duration of a bossfight just add hp. Armor and resistances are more than just a general survivability boost since they are specific for a damage type, and thats what they should be used for.

If bosses have black hp for some players, who cares. They still have the hp bar... sry Vestra ^_°

Level 9
Well its alot harder now andits nice, but, I think that the adds hp was fine, just with increase with hp, idk, I think 2k was to big of a jump per add.

Level 18
I dont like the idea of flat resistances against everything, it has the same effect as higher hp but with the annoying fact that you cannot see the resistances. To increase the duration of a bossfight just add hp. Armor and resistances are more than just a general survivability boost since they are specific for a damage type, and thats what they should be used for.

If bosses have black hp for some players, who cares. They still have the hp bar... sry Vestra ^_°

I'm just saying because d4 will be a pain in the ass not knowing when the boss will die for like 2 hours until his hp goes down to green

Well its alot harder now andits nice, but, I think that the adds hp was fine, just with increase with hp, idk, I think 2k was to big of a jump per add.
I think it was a good Change actually. Boss is meant to be a challenge (and I still feel Spider is the harder battle, but that's probably dependant on Group Setup).

Status
Not open for further replies.