1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Story Generator#2] - Back in business

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by newbchu, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Background Story needed!

Hey, I need a background story for my SPRPG. Thanks!

The Main Character:

The Main Character is an adventurer who's dad had been killed by the Orcs in the first war. The character is male, aged 27 and is a human.

The World:

The world is called Ardania. It has 5 kingdoms, which are Ardanis (humans), Actania (dwarves and goblins), Ravenswood (elves), Blackswamp (orcs) and the Sahami Desert (trolls). The game is based in Ardanis, Blackswamp and some bits of Ravenswood.

Alliances:

Humans are allied to Elves and Dwarves.
    Orcs are allied to Goblins and Trolls.
    Elves are only allied with Humans, and despise Dwarves.
    Dwarves are only allied with humans, and despise elves.
    Goblins are allied to Trolls and Orcs.
    Trolls are only allied to Orcs and laugh at goblins.

Other:
    If none of this made sense, I don't blame you :p I pretty much want a shortstory telling the history of Ardanis, and what has been going on near the time the game takes place. These things happened in Chronological order...

-250 = First War. Lasted 150 years. Fight between Humans and Orcs.
    -150 = Orcs allied with Trolls.
    -125 = Humans allied with elves.
    -100 = First War ended.
    -80 = Orcs allied with Goblins, and Humans with Dwarves.
    -50 = Battle of Farghenguard. Orcish outpost, humans attack.
    -25 = Weird person appears (a necromancer) in human city.
    0 = Start of Second War. Between all races (humans, dwarves and elves VS orcs, goblins and trolls.)

All of these things do not have to be included. I want the story to start off like...

Somewhere in the corner of the Dark Space, a lonely planet rages with war. Ardania's species fought for hundreds of years before the First War. The Orcs and Humans both allied with other creatures, making their way to the destruction of Ardania's beautiful landscape.

In the year -250, the Orcish hordes and the humans of Ardanis raged in a huge war, known as the First War, and destroyed many towns and settlements. Their anger drove the nearby Giant Spiders out of their deep, never-ending tunnels...

Or something similar like that.

Current Game Time - Year 100 (midway through Second War)

Once again, THANK YOU for this. I will defiantly give credit.

2. albertroy

albertroy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Episode 2 (researcher's struggle)

Charlie Hassan(researcher) accidentaly lets go of one of the experiments - then escapes, later on meets up with Eddison, they continue to flee towards outskirts..

When suddenly......

3. newbchu

newbchu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow lol seems like you've got your own story already ahhaha and I do understand your chronological events (luckily) xD now we just need to put it into pretty words lol

Sounds exciting and hopefully it actually comes out cuz I'm quite interested on how it would be in-game. :)

4. _PV

_PV

Resources:
    Resources:
    The blistering cold is finally thawing, as the light penetrates through the icy atmosphere of the independent village of Erathor. But a single gust of wind dare howl over the the hills through the woods, as life is beginning to thrive abundantly in this once forsaken vicinity.

Where doth this light originate from, other than the omnipotent presence of the wandering Paladin in the distance? Brighter than the sun, his presence fills the area with hope, and restores hope in the eyes of the beholding country folk whom he passes.

"How long has it been... How long have I yet to revel in thy magnificence, until it is obliterated from my sight?" The paladin reasons with himself, in awe before his place of maternal origin.

The town folk's gaze is immediately pulled towards the knight in radiating plate, their eyes seemingly blinded by it's brilliance.

"What doth thou seek in our noble settlement?" A woman queries.
    "Are you here to beat the baddies, mister?" A small boy asks.

He merely smiles at them and strides forth towards Town hall.

"Arthazai! It's been a long time, lad." The paladin halts abruptly when passing the Tavern.
    "Bronzebane. How are you keeping up, old friend?"

A sturdy dwarf in animal hide armour, and a beard nearly touching the floor, emerges from the door

"What bring's Ya back to our beloved home?" Bronzebane strokes his beard.
    "I am not to divulge any information regarding why I am here, but for you my old friend, I am more than glad to make an exception."

They proceed forth beside the Tavern's hearth, reminiscing about old times along the way.

"So, them 'High-council' sent ya 'ere, eh?" Inquires Bronzebane.
    "I am to complete an exorcism on the town's graveyard. Great unholy forces have gathered under this village... I fear that my arrival may be of no use; the unholy forces may have already gathered too thoroughly for me to dispel."

Bronzebane takes a sip from his pint of lager.
    "Well lad, then I shouldn't hold ya up any longer, Get going!"

Arthazai and his long time friend greet each other and Arthazai sets forth towards the graveyard.
    Suddenly, an icy cold shiver, even in this thawing cold, creeps slowly up on Arthazai's spine. He strides with haste.

"This information will suffice..." escapes the lips of a nearby spectre of demonic intention...

Just a quick story I conjured for anybody seeking inspiration out there :)

5. newbchu

newbchu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remarkable _PV but it sounds more like a dialouge to me :)

Lolzaxis's RPG: Forge of Alliance - lolzaxis
    Generations has passed since the First War between the humans and orcs. The human race has lost
    the battle but never will they surrender to the fiendish orcs until justice is served. While recovering
    from the loss you commander "Vargas, Adam" as the successor of your fallen father "Vargas, David" was
    given an order from the king to search for new alliance in preperaion for the Second War.

6. _PV

_PV

Resources:
    Resources:
    True, I love inventing Dialogue :D Not as much as I love inventing lore, but that takes a few hours to conjure up ^_^

7. newbchu

newbchu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha mm stories does come up slow for me sometimes. ;_;

8. Lolzaxis

Lolzaxis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow... that's awesome, nebchu. I will definatly consider your ideas and use this in my map!!! Your awesome!

I'll give credit if u want.

9. newbchu

newbchu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the support :) +rep.

10. newbchu

newbchu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyone else wants a story? I'm getting bored lol :goblin_sleep: