1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Stem Cell Research/Abortion

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by MySpaceBarBroke, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    :(

How is the baby still under the mother if it's dead? Do you mean it's the mothers choice because it's in her? So if it's in you, you can do what you want with it? When is it not right to kill? Is there some sort of age that you have to be before your free from being killed because your mother wants to?

2. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The fact is that stemm cell research has to do with genetic modification, but i wasnt pallning on opening a new discussion

3. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    @brad.dude03: Adult stem-cells can be cultured from skin cells. I'm talking about recently seeing on the news that embryonic stem cells were cultured from adults.

@Mor)L(unE: Absolutely not. Growing someone a new organ is completely different from deciding on whether or not you want to change your child's natural eye/hair colour, intelligence, height, things of the like. Apples and oranges.

4. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well...in the case of genetic modification...Perhaps Apples and Oranges are not so different afterall.

5. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    So Science + Humans = Stem Cell Research? I really don't see the logic behind that.

6. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I dont quite see the logic either....

7. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I dont see the logic of your question either. I was telling that stem cell research has a great influence and purposes on/for genetic research.

8. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    No it doesn't. Research in both fields is capable of happening completely independently of research in the other field, although it's plausible that some research in stem cells could benefit the field of genetic modification.

9. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hmmz i did some research on stem cells. I didnt quite formulated genetic sience well, i meant the part of genetic science that concerns diseases on either long term or short term basis eg. cancer.

Some cell research could lead to a cure for cancer, cure muscle damage and stuff.

10. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well do share like 80% of our gene code with them, as do we share a large amount of DNA with pretty much every organism in existance. what is true of ecoli is true of elephants.

11. Modo

Modo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Apparently, we share either 48% or 52% of our DNA with daisies. I question the truth behind how similar our DNA actually is. When you consider that we share 99.9% of our DNA with other people, it gives you a scale of just how much DNA we have to vary.

12. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think 3 is the real amount of significant digits when comparing DNA in percent.

13. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well tbh, its all to do with the fact that we share a large amount of junk dna with everything. its what links us to the trees?

14. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also, it's possible for two people with almost exactly the same DNA to have different aspects of that DNA expressed, and look very different.

15. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    or for two different genes to express themselves in much the same way.