• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Steam Tank

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Remade icon of the Reign of Chaos Steam Tank unit, and an improved version of @Xetanth87's icon remake Reign of Chaos Steam Tank / War Wagon. It all comes down to personal taste on which do players prefer. You can use the cut/unused unit model War Cart to go with it: Units\Creeps\WarCart\WarCart.
Contents

Steam Tank (Icon)

No idea who this Xenath guy is.

What's the point of editing my icon, when most people can't even tell the difference?

This icon was created specifically for the Campaign Splitter. The reason I uploaded it is, so we have a standardized HD icon for this unit.

No idea who this Xenath guy is.

What's the point of editing my icon, when most people can't even tell the difference?

This icon was created specifically for the Campaign Splitter. The reason I uploaded it is, so we have a standardized HD icon for this unit.
First off, it was just a misspelling, so apologies for that, but I've corrected it now. :sad:

Second, you didn't have to come off as rude here as it's just my own take/edit even if the difference is only slight. I just thought it looked a bit better, and the DISBTN isn't too dark compared to yours. And no, I didn't make this by editing yours, I initially tried to, for personal use, but I can't without destroying the quality of the image and cropping further. :hohum:

I still linked your version 'cos I want people to know there's already an existing one. I also had to ask a site moderator from Discord and they gave me a green light about this and [they] said, "I would suggest uploading it, with a link towards the previous version. This way, people have different options when it comes to modding..." :bored:

Last edited:
Level 5
First off, it was just a misspelling, so apologies for that, but I've corrected it now. :sad:

Second, you didn't have to come off as rude here as it's just my own take/edit even if the difference is only slight. I just thought it looked a bit better, and the DISBTN isn't too dark compared to yours. And no, I didn't make this by editing yours, I initially tried to, for personal use, but I can't without destroying the quality of the image and cropping further. :hohum:

I still linked your version 'cos I want people to know there's already an existing one. I also had to ask a site moderator from Discord and they gave me a green light about this and [they] said, "I would suggest uploading it, with a link towards the previous version. This way, people have different options when it comes to modding..." :bored:
Also, the standard borders' proportions for Reforged icons have been changed, didn't they? I really don't understand what went through devs mind when they made this change, now when I create an icon I never know what border size is the right one. 😤

That said, I understand @Xetanth87 's annoyance, it's perfectly legitimate, in his place, I would also be upset, since you only slightly improved his own creation, the least would have been to partner with him and upload this improved version of yours to his own post. This would have avoided creating a duplicate post for an almost identical resource.

Also, the standard borders' proportions for Reforged icons have been changed, didn't they? I really don't understand what went through devs mind when they made this change, now when I create an icon I never know what border size is the right one. 😤
Yeah, it was thin back in Reforged, when the UI was also different. But they had to revert everything back to look like Classic.
That said, I understand @Xetanth87 's annoyance, it's perfectly legitimate, in his place, I would also be upset, since you only slightly improved his own creation, the least would have been to partner with him and upload this improved version of yours to his own post. This would have avoided creating a duplicate post for an almost identical resource.
Technically, it's not Xetanth87's creation if it was made from scratch. I didn't alter any of the original upload to make this new one, I made it by taking a higher quality screenshot of the model in a certain angle using RMS. The idea may be his, but this creation is separate.

More Steam Tank icons to be added to the collection!