1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starcraft II Wings of Liberty Coop

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by LordDz, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello !
    I’ve come to see if they was any news and if you were still on the project ?

2. publicENEMY_

publicENEMY_

Resources:
    Resources:
    How do I play? Where can I download? Is it in the arcade?

*Update:Found it in the arcade.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  3. Kb148

Kb148

Resources:
    Resources:
    Question. I see a lot of talk on here about the harder difficulties but me and my brother were playing just to hang out and neither of us are particularly skilled at SC. We got to mission 15 but on normal we got completely steamrolled so we tried casual. Same result. Making the harder settings harder is all well and good but could the easier settings actually be easier? The muto swarmes are just brutal without any air support.

4. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just build some Missile Turrets and they should deal with mutalisks fine.
    I don't think I added that many more mutalisks on casual difficulty, with the enemy having 50% less health, it should be quite easy for you guys to handle.
    Remember to use the merc compound, that'll make things a lot easier as well.

5. Nightcrime

Nightcrime

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hey,

Just logged in to tell you that me and my buddy liked your project a lot! (Finished with Brutal difficulty, and had a hard time with it.)
    And also hoping that Heart of the Swarm coop project to be completed!

Love your work man, keep it up.

10 out of 10.

6. ALLinNam

ALLinNam

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear LordDz

Thank you so much for an amazing coop maps! Me and two of friends played it all weekend on brutal difficulty and with some retries managed to complete all missions. It is no doubt my favorite arcade ever.

Again thanks for great work!

7. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    That makes me really happy to hear, thanks!

8. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any update on making insanity difficulty not impossible ? ;> Even 75% damage would be way better than 40% due to the effect of armor.

9. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Insanity was made to be impossible. I prefer him to balance the campaign and work on the hots one than balance something he could do a while latter

10. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im not talking about doing some long balance work Im talking about changing a variable from 0.4 to 0.75 or something like that. Whats the point of having something be completely impossible?

11. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    To fool people into thinking it is possible so they do not complain how easy the map is. Same reason why all the high end Undead Assault 3/Chronicles difficulties are on average impossible unless the RNG is very lucky or special options are chosen that overwrite the normal mechanics.

12. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any balance on such a level of difficulty isn’t just a change of number. He need to change the number then he must try out every map to see if it works. And if you read the description of the mod yes it was made to be horrible and suffer and be unbeatable.

13. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah there is no on average or by luck here. It's completely 100% impossible. Your units will do 1.4dmg to 0.4 dmg depending to the units in the first level. I doubt you could even win if u faced every enemy unit 1 vs your own units.

Having a completely impossibly difficulty is just silly and is going to waste peoples time no doubt. Brutal was decently hard but could be completed with only some map knowledge. Insane seems like a good continuation. 75% damage from your units seems as compared to brutal (same spawns and whatnot) a goodish compromise with little implementation time.

Given that brutal is still relatively easy insane could just be a slightly more difficult version of that not a 100% impossible version.

Now there is ofc a chance that certain missions with 75% damage would be impossible as well but I wouldn't even comment on that unless after extensive testing to determine if its completely impossible and if it can't be skipped in any way.

14. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually, it's just a number change in the mod file. For testing if it's difficult enough.. Well, that's what you guys are here for ;)

I'll see about changing the difficulty settings tonight.

15. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I updated the difficulty settings on the insane difficulty, please let me know if it was enough.

16. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    There has been no change in Europe though.

17. AnArmadillo

AnArmadillo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, it me again (Europe) :)

- Zeratul Mission 1 still no resources displayed after map is over
    - I was able to buy mercs in Smash & Grab (War Pigs) that I already bought in a later mission

Buying stuff after map ends with team resources now seems to "be fixed" in that the upgrades aren't actually applied even though it looks like you bought them, am I right?

Edit:
    - Tosh Mission: Player 1 got >30 Terrazine?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  18. Erikcht

Erikcht

Resources:
    Resources:
    1) Hi again Lord
    I beat your coop GAME, had a lot of stages too much hard even in the easy mode (like MOEBIOUS FACTOR) .
    That map on Brutal was too much hard even to my friend.
    So i need to low the difficult just to low the units (and easy mode i used and still close hard as normal)

Now i am talking about All In
    This stage is hard, it is OK.
    But, i would like to suggest a UPDATE to grow the difficult, youd like to fight against "ground and air" at the same time.
    A 3º option into the game. (just for braves)

2) Other think, about the possibility of HOTS and LOTV coop
    Blizzard has a "premium content" arcade that able sale maps under this plataform.
    I think, you could use this plataform, but you will need get authorization.
    this system has a type of DRM from blizzard, so can be easy to put your content there

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  19. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry, but..

'Git gud. :)
    Casual mode should be a damn cakewalk, your enemies have 50% less health than normal.

Just train some SCVs, train some units and buy some mercenaries, you're 3 players fighting against an enemy that has 50% less health than you.. It shouldn't be too hard.

About the Hots and LOTV, I've done some maps and I plan do more, but I'm also working on a different project in Unity which also takes up a lot of my time.
    So, the hots campaign will slowly be made, but not this year.

I'll take a look at it, thanks!

EDIT: I'm adding Journalist mode: Casual difficulty with enemies dealing 25% of their damage.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  20. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    lmfao. Best difficulty name.