1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starcraft II Wings of Liberty Coop

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Modding' started by LordDz, Nov 5, 2017.

1. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea, glad to see others share my sentiment about it.

2. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Big blob of text, I'll do my best of answering it.

EDIT: Mod uploaded with fixes.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  3. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great job with the speed. I'll give some opinions on your responses.

4. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    The increased minerals is due some players ran out of minerals and that some missions just don't have enough space to put down more expansions, so some players would run out of minerals while others would get an expansion. I guess I could remove 1-2 mineral per base and still keep a high mineral value, so income would be slower.

More enemies on the way!

5. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I find you mineral amount to be quite fine. Glad to see some changes to the shield - I don't actually per say find it bad, its more of being a too obviously good choice. I would maybe instead have gone for 20 and then buffed something else to make the choice harder (if that make sense). This of course to match on how hard modes you've made available :smile: If it didn't mean a lot more work, I guess slightly modified upgrades for each difficultly would be interesting.

6. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    My problem is sort of similar. On one hand it is indeed the obvious choice, which consequently makes everything else all the less appealing which is sort of lame and essentially limits user choice if that is what the game is balanced around. On the other hand the way the game was balanced the first missions like evac, smash and grab, devils playground etc were far harder than the later missions just due to how powerful a boost 30shields is. Buffing something else will lead to a third more niche option becoming even more niche and bad in comparison.

7. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These were incredibly fun to play. We had a great time with them. I just wanted to say thanks for giving us the ability to enjoy the SC2 campaign together over beers. Cheers mate :)

8. Rhapsodos

Rhapsodos

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's a huge shame that the population cap got decreased to what it is, but I guess what's left is better than 200 being split per player. There probably are those who do want 66 pop per player for the sake of "muh difficulty".

Hopefully, it can be a menu option in the future and not a permanent change.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  9. Hartog

Hartog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mhh I don't mind the reduction of total population, though I'm not sure that splitting it equally is a good idea when 2 players are playing. As 1 of those 2 will have twice the income, perhaps split the max pop limit so the player controlling 2 bases gets 2/3rds of the total population.

As it is now we have the situation where one player has the most resources but less effectively available pop space due to have more workers.

10. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those who want higher difficulty can go play insanity mode.
    I'll look over this, see if I can come up with something good.
    Cheers! :pgrin: (Hive needs a cheers icon)

11. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some suggestions which may serve such a purpose - even if missing a beer:

:goblin_yeah::infl_thumbs_up::aa::wthumbsup::thumbs_up:

12. don_svetlio

don_svetlio

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cheers to all. Here's to many more hours of co-op fun in the best RTS version of Aliens ever made :)
    [​IMG]

13. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mmmm... :)

14. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder
    I see on your screenshot a Heart of the Swarm coop campaign. It will be the fith mission shoot the messenger. Is it already available ? Because I try to find it on the Arcade but I didn’t.
    And if you plan to do the same things for Heart of the Swarm in the future how will you approach the Hero system ? Will only the first player will have a hero ?
    Or will the other player have a specific hero for each map ?
    Will we have to chose our « species » as a zerg and so choose if we want to play primal, classical zerg, or infected terran ?
    If we do so will we get a hero link to those choice ?
    I know I ask questions about things that you may not have even think about, since Wings of Liberty coop isn’t finish yet, but this is just curiosity.

15. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, the maps are not out yet. There is still a lot of work to be done before they're finished.

I'm adding two additional heroes which will have their unique abilities.
    You will play as the Zerg in the original campaign, adding new races would destroy the lore too much.
    However I am adding a new unit to each of the evolution missions to spice things up a bit.

16. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok thanks a lot !

17. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll be looking forward to them :smile: Zerg power.

18. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    By the way I want to precise you that actually on Brutal, in the third mission Zero Hour, you can’t save the second pack of marines.
    When they appear, and it happen each time, some Mutas flyby and murder them. So the only way to save those guys it to be thre before there call occur to support them take down the mutas, and in can be a little tricky on Brutal to do so.
    Is there any way to fix that ?

19. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I could move the Mutas attack path away from them. I'll see about getting it done when I get home.
    Btw, how is the brutal difficulty holding up? Are there any missions that need to be a bit more... Brutal? :D

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  20. Aethernum

Aethernum

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually we done it until the fourth mission in Brutal and everything seem good.
    The second wave of marines in the second mission is a little hard if you’re unprepared, but when you know she is coming you can down it with some micro.

And Zero hour seem balanced for now. Get a good front of bunker (4-5) at first on the two bridges, let you’re back mate secure the base agaisnt the zergling drop, muta flyby, and save the marines, and at last prepare the last front. At the second call of marines left bridge gonna fall or be heavily damaged by the bane bust + ultra. Yet we have finished it with losing only one of the top bunkers.

And for the fourth mission it has gone pretty smooth. One of us secure base agaisnt waves of zergs when the two others start attack the west bonus objective. When they got it they go attack the protoss, leaving behind the third player defend the base until he get enought units to support. Only two bunkers and some anti air turrets achieve the job, with a few forces left behind. It was actually the easiest of the four missions we have done until now.