THIS TOOL DOWONLOADS ANY FILE FROM A DIRECT LINK, IN YOUR WARCRAFT III/MAPS/DOWNLOAD FOLDER
Hello everyone, this is a software program I created to make it easier to download maps from any site.
I host my maps often on Gameranger and when 8+ people are in the room, and I tell them to download,
most of them don't, which leads to more wasted time in waiting: waiting for them to download from the link,
and waiting them to download inside the game. Some are trolls, some are distracted,
some say they did it but turns out they didn't, some say that they have bad internet. NO MATTER.
But if you are even lazy to get and use this app, I give up on you.
If you have 2 or more installations, fix the registry to point to the one you actively use.
So, what does it do?:
- automatically detect where is your warcraft III installation via the registry
- download any file you want, but it's made for maps
- if you don't have the registry, there is a link to an app that can fix it
- auto-detect clipboard and auto-download option
- supports file list (plain text, each link on new line),
which loaded into the program, so you can choose from links. Can give to other players to use it.
- can browse the internet for link or custom created link-lists.
- Visual Studio 2013 and C#
- .NET Framework
- 64 bit PC
Minor issues (that I can no longer fix):
- if you don't have the registry for WC3's path, an unhandled exception will be displayed
solution: fix your registry with the registry fixer from >options<
- If you try to deal with filelist that is not yet created, an unhandled exception will be displayed
solution: write something in the textbox and then click the second icon next to it to create a filelist.
-made 2 icons bigger
-added exception handling if the registry is invalid
-all popup windows can now be closed by hitting Escape
-made the background change periodically (for variety)
-very small filesize compared to the first version
- fixed the filelist not creating a newline
-the main textbox is now always active
I LOST MY PROJECT FILES SO I CANNOT UPDATE IT ANYMORE