• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Squid Game v1.5

Squid Game for WC3 Reforged​

full

Main information

Credits

Screenshots

Some videos

Logs

The map made with fun for fun. The goal of the map is to complete 6 games. Who survived - he wins. The map is made in the genre of a sandbox, and in addition to main games, you can find other activities: betray a friend, kill a sleeping player at night, attack the organizers, try to escape. What will come to your mind? Bots have their own AI and react to some of your actions. There are many ways to die, so be careful! You can turn off or turn on the music in the map at any time or enjoy it in the game!

Many thanks to prizraknadache for the great contribution in the project. Almost the entire graphic part, models, textures, icons, sounds, loadscreen were made within a month, and much of it from scratch. Also many thanks to Mr.Hollaris for the atmospheric voice acting.
Thanks for some models:
AnimE, Franck, Mage-Wizard, Junk (aka Reronage), EAGLE-R (aka EAGLE_R1997), Dimbasik, Jane, WebSter, Aws, Mike, purparisien, Draelren, Teaspoon, 3rgytr54, Illidan(Evil)X, Kitabatake, RightField, The_Silent, D.O.G., epsilon, Hayate, HerrDave, Graber, Kenathorn, Cavman, Kuhneghetz, Unknowns, Fingolfin, Kofi_Banan, darkdeathknight, Ergius.

Challenges animations taken from Mixamo.com .

Challenge sound effects credit:
  • Have Fun Teaching - Jumping Jack Song
  • Kurt Angle - Medal (Entrance Theme)
  • Bomfunk MC's - Freestyler
  • Dead Or Alive- You Spin Me Round
  • Offenbach - Can Can Music
  • PSY - GANGNAM STYLE
  • Battlerite - Beat Twist
  • Cartoon Spring Sound Effect 2016
  • Major Lazer - Bubble Butt ft. Bruno Mars, 2 Chainz, Tyga, Mystic
  • Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
  • Jeremy Korpas - Twin Engines

Game Music - original soundtracks from The Netflix Series credit:
  • Jung Jaeil - Dead End
  • Jung Jaeil - Round VI
  • Jung Jaeil - The Rope is Tied
  • Jung Jaeil - Way Back then
  • Park Minju - Murder Without Violencepark minju
  • Park Minju - Needles and Dalgona
  • Squid Game OST - Pink Soldiers
  • Johann Strauss II - The Blue Danube Waltz
  • Haydn's Trumpet Concerto in E flat major, 3rd movement

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

V1.4. The first map uploaded.
V1.5. Fixed some bugs.
Fixed a bug in game 5 with infinite glass guessing with the "smart" feature selected.
Added some skipping of announcer speeches with the -go command by the admin player (most).
Even after the death of the last player (not a bot), the last player will remain the administrative player.
Added a new decor: monitors for viewing video from cameras.
Added -h/-help command to display information about commands.
After all players choose a piece in game 2, the timer ends immediately (and no need to wait for the remaining 25 seconds).

full

Contents

Squid Game v1.5 (Map)

Reviews
I just played it and I must say that it is really a masterpiece what you've created here. I loved the Netflix series (waiting for season 2 <3). I had to like restart for the first game 3-4 times because I was killed even though I was not moving :/...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I just played it and I must say that it is really a masterpiece what you've created here. I loved the Netflix series (waiting for season 2 <3). I had to like restart for the first game 3-4 times because I was killed even though I was not moving :/

All the stuff from the series was implemented really well in the game. Approved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Really cool map! Me and a friend have tried multiple attempts in escaping through means not conventional, ergo killing guards and entering places like the cremation area. While the actual minigames are very fun and well thought out (some of them superior to other fan games' attempts) the fact that you can play akin to a prison escape-sort of game adds another level of fun to the map. Nicely done!

Level 7
Really cool map! Me and a friend have tried multiple attempts in escaping through means not conventional, ergo killing guards and entering places like the cremation area. While the actual minigames are very fun and well thought out (some of them superior to other fan games' attempts) the fact that you can play akin to a prison escape-sort of game adds another level of fun to the map. Nicely done!
Thanks for review! When creating the map, we hoped that people would be fun and try to escape from the game :D
Its like challenge. Some try and you understand the possibilities of the game :)

Level 23
The visuals and sounds/music are done very well and I'm quite impressed by the AI, but there isn't much gameplay here.
You play 6 uther-party like mini-games with a bit weird AI, and most of the time is spent waiting, listening to the narrator.
I'm really not a fan of the unskippable cut scenes and voice overs. Also, if you die in the first game, you just get to watch the AI continue playing?
In the end some bot just ran into the squid circle and won. I got a load code but have to save/load it manually? What does it even save?
I don't really see a reason to play the map again at this point, the minigames are not fun to replay more than a couple times, if that. Many features seem kinda superfluous/unfinished, but I guess that's why it's labeled a "sandbox". Perhaps some of the "unconventional" ways to play aren't really viable in single player.

Level 25
Nice map. I was thinking about doing this kind of map after watching the series but stopped after some tries. I think I could not have done it the way you did with all those custom models and I really like how you did the game modes. The greatest thing about this map are by far the level design, models and how the games are played. The part at night and voting is also really nice.

However, here is some feedback (Frotty basically has already written the most important stuff):
  • The whole admin thing is a bit confusing. I wasn't admin although I played with AI. Can you change the default mode, so I am admin by default if I play only with AI or all players have left the game except me? I don't want to watch the AI playing all the games :D
  • Add some "-h/-help/help" chat command.
  • Where can I select the game mode and why is it not easy by default when I play alone with AI. I think most players playing with AI just want to play all games for fun and then increase the difficulty?
  • The narrator's voice is a bit weird. Maybe you could ask some voice actor for free.
  • I cannot skip the first speech. Why?
  • I cannot skip a game when only AI is playing it, for example if I am dead or if I won my part for the 3rd game :/
  • I cannot skip the money part after a game. Actually, after playing the map once I want to skip most of the stuff.
  • The timer of selecting a number in the second game should end after all non-AI players have selected something.
  • I cannot collect money or XP during the game. I cannot skill. There is no progress except surviving. While this is the point of the series, for a game I think you need some kind of progress. Maybe skill something after every game and gain more XP if you finish first in a game.
  • I cannot see the puppet in the first game so maybe add some text "red light" and "green light", so I know when to move and when not to move if I am not at the end of the area.
  • The glass bridge game was much easier with AI. Nobody stopped at the front. Maybe add some random flags or even messages that they do not want to go.
  • Where are the VIPs?????
  • You could also add WASD movement with a third person camera to the games. It would give you a similar feeling to the players being in the game and seeing other people die.
  • The final game is just killing each other. Maybe make it a bit more interesting. Couldn't there be more than 1 winner in the series? It was just random that only 2 people were left in the end I think.
  • In the final game it is a bit hard to select the targets you want to attack since they move pretty fast and the camera distance is a bit high.
  • After the final game, the map just ends. How about restarting during the same game with the same players? Not everyone wants to rehost. Players would only leave if you do not play the mode in which you respawn.
  • Add some minigames not from the series to allow more types of games?
  • Just use the normal minimap. The logo confuses me and I cant see where players are etc.
  • What's the point of voting and leaving the game? Will you be a spectator? Its fun to have this in the map but totally useless?
  • One of the best things about the series were the characters. Their development took place in the talks in between and team building. At one night I was attacked by AI but sleeping and couldn't wake up or do anything. Maybe you could allow to talk with NPCs during the night or morning and influence them somehow, so they will go into a team with you or help you in games. This would make the map more interesting and playable more often. You can try to get different characters in your team.
  • You could also add a team of infiltrators who can provide help for the playing players or even a team of guards or even better a team of VIPs who can bet on the players during each game and for the whole game.
  • Can I see how my body is burned? I have seen some area on the map but did not wait until the game was over?
  • What can I do if I am dead and why should players not leave immediately if you play without respawn mode?
  • What's the point of leaving the game and getting some code and then ending the game immediately in singleplayer. I cannot even screenshot the code. What does the code do? I have no progress so far.
  • Maybe add the first game which the main character plays to win his first money outside of the actual Squid Game.

I would rate much higher if the skipping stuff would work and it would be easy from the start with only AI playing. Besides, after playing it one time, you will lose interest since there is not much freedom in any of those actions except choosing if you are smart or fat or strong. If you would level and would have he chance to cheat or communicate with guards and risking their life etc. it would be much more fun. For example, if you could play a guard and just shoot people and go crazy and see what happens or if you could take the gun from a guard it would be really funny. People get pretty far and then one crazy guy will kill them.

Please provide some updates since I really loved the series and I would love to see an improved version of this map.

Level 7
@Barade Thank You for BIG feedback!
Some things will be in small update soon, but dont wait so much (for example will be some skips, last player will be administrative player for forever after death too...)
This map we created for fun to play multiple games for the end. Not to play every day for a century :D
Map, like sandbox, have sooo many game options (escape, security units, boxes/beds with loots. So many variables for 1 game. And restart all options will be so hard... Its a lot of work to create this possibility.
For the first we tried to create hardcore game, when you died and cant to revive. But we added this option for people, who want to revive. But game will remind you, when you writting a command, than it EASY mode. So hard is standard mode :D
This map was created by a russian players, so we have a crooked voice acting, but we have it! Sory for our bad English.
"I cannot see the puppet in the first game" just listen a voice ;)
VIPS are not created. Maybe someday we will add them.
Before a final game you can prepare and collect items that will ensure your victory.
To add another minigames? We'll keep thinking.
Vote - it just a option like at series. You can use it to not for win, but for to delay time... if you need :)
Interaction with characters can be interesting, but a lot of work + need a lot of control to not break the game. We'll keep thinking.
Code - just give you animations. For more animations you can get, when done the challenges (more you can read in F9 when entered your code in the start).
For more fun - try to escape from the game (not with vote or ability in the start before first game) :D