• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spoilers] Game of Thrones s08 duscussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of the episodes that has been aired so far?

To me they were, in lack of better words, utter garbage compared to the standards GoT held before. I am only watching it to see it through at this point. What a way to ruin a great show.

The last episodes are bad for the reasons that are pointed out by fans worldwide. Poor writing, poor military strategies, logical fallacies, anticlimactic end to a long built up threat, extremely thin story in terms of white walkers (just a doomsday device) and the list goes on and on.

San

San

Level 32
FB_IMG_1557317484185.jpg

Level 11
Let me see...
  1. The Night King, and the entire plot of the White Walkers (something that was built upon from the beginning of the show and the books) was rendered completely useless. Jon's entire story, fight against White Walkers arc, ressurection, and his character itself, were destroyed, made pointless.
  2. The Battle tactics were not just bad... They were absolutely stupid. Humans actually had a chance of winning the battle, considering the odds. But amazingly stupid tactics blew it.
    (Actually, I may just make a post about this myself)
  3. With the defeat of the Night King, nothing really interesting is left... Cercei? What is she, compared to NK? People often use the argument, that the show is about the "Game of Thrones", but it's really not. Not just that, at least. The entire thing with White Walkers was to show, that there was a greater threat out there, and the political games of Westeros were really nothing compared to that. Now, that NK is gone, nothing is left, really.

Let me see...
  1. The Night King, and the entire plot of the White Walkers (something that was built upon from the beginning of the show and the books) was rendered completely useless. Jon's entire story, fight against White Walkers arc, ressurection, and his character itself, were destroyed, made pointless.
  2. The Battle tactics were not just bad... They were absolutely stupid. Humans actually had a chance of winning the battle, considering the odds. But amazingly stupid tactics blew it.
    (Actually, I may just make a post about this myself)
  3. With the defeat of the Night King, nothing really interesting is left... Cercei? What is she, compared to NK? People often use the argument, that the show is about the "Game of Thrones", but it's really not. Not just that, at least. The entire thing with White Walkers was to show, that there was a greater threat out there, and the political games of Westeros were really nothing compared to that. Now, that NK is gone, nothing is left, really.

Well at this point I have given up on the show. When they ran out of source material it was doomed anyway. The NK wasn't even an afterthought in e04. He spent 8000 years to build up his army, gather babies from Craster, destroying the wall, getting undead dragons and giants and then he is defeated in his FIRST proper battle? In one episode? Winter came, and winter disappeared 40 minutes later.

And yes like you said, the NK is and will always be the main villain. The first scene in s01 e01 was of the white walkers, not of Cersei. In the books the NK is also the main villain.

As for the battle, I knew it was gonna be stupid when they bum rushed 20k Dothraki warriors into 100k undead soldiers... I guess they really hated Dothraki and just wanted to kill them off before the battle started.

Status
Not open for further replies.