• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spiral

Crazy mage create this land as fruit of his sick imaginations, but he forgot to make way out...
And nowadays several races are closed in this world. Who will reign in this land?
Contents

Spiral (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Unique layout with easily defendable positions....provided its not FFA, then the map is very bias against those who dont start in the corners.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Unique layout with easily defendable positions....provided its not FFA, then the map is very bias against those who dont start in the corners.

Level 2
Great idea, and very special map! Complete different gameplay feeling than any other meele I've played before.

Though some starting positions are easier to defend than others. Especialy blue is very difficult.

Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on (6)Spiral

Spiral is a six player melee map, as the title of my review clearly says.

Now the first part of the review is about the terrain and its concept. The terrain was done badly. The blizzard cliffs just look ugly, there are too small building places, not enough dodoads, holes in trees. The concept was bad aswell, giving players advantages and disadvantages.

That makes the map imbalanced. Clearly some players have more trees, more space to build on, closer creeps, and are not surrounded by strong creep groups.

The creeps were done badly aswell. The groups consisted of air units, which can't be killed easily. There was a level 9 drake next to my base. Their vision was set to 500 instead of 200. There was only one green creep group.

The drops were done poorly aswell, whereas some groups didn't drop items at all. See how Blizzard did their drops.

Overall, an interesting idea done poorly, 1/5 or 2/10 and Rejection.

Level 3
I played this with Rui and bounty, and I don't know about their starting locations, but mine was far too cramped. I couldn't build very much at all without creeps coming to kill me.

Speaking of creeps, there wasn't enough easy creeps, and they didn't drop good enough items.

The map on a whole was too small and too cramped causing a lot of frustration form running out of trees, not having enough room to build or move etc. Because of the map design its very hard to help your allies if you haven't creeped the way gates and don't have a TP. There was no tavern also.

Blizzard's Melee Map Making Designer Note may give you a some good ideas on ways to improve your map.

Attached is a replay of us playing it, so you can see some of the problems of the map.

I'd give it a 1/5 for how it is right now. With the creeps fixed and the map made larger, and the terrain fixed up I'd give it a 2/5.

Attachments

• Replay_2009_05_15_1254.w3g
    148.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited: