1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell Request Thread [unofficial]

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by HINDYhat, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, I wanted to note I may start this again, my homework flow is under control, and when I finally understand vJASS and how pro Damage Detection works, I can start coding spell maps for anybody who wants it

Even though I really didn't do much before, if anybody'd like me to do their spell, I am available

2. marven15

marven15

Resources:
    Resources:
    I still need to reinstall warcraft lol... and I don't have the installer -_-

3. Palaslayer

Palaslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe u can make a spell for me?

I n two spells, wich i can copy easily into my map. I have no idea of jass so maybe u can do it in GUI ,too. Here is my explenation:

1. Spell: Great Hammer

It should be a knockback-skill for my mountainking wich is based on bash.
    With an effect at the position of the target-unit equal to impaletargetdust, each time the unit moves back. The skill should stun for 1.5 seconds (maybe equal to the time the unit is knockbacked.
    Level 1: 8% chance to cast a knockback, dealing 20 bonus damage
    Level 2: 13% chance to cast a nockback, dealing 30 bonus damage
    Level 3: 18% chance to cast a knockback, dealing 40 bonus damage
    Level 4: 23% chance to cast a knockback, dealing 50 bonus damage

i hope it is clear so far ;)

2. Spell: Great Thunder (Ulti of my mountainking)

Should be like the ulti of rylai in dota, maybe u know it? The Mountainking causes random fissures in the area around him equal to a thunderclap-skill
    channeling
    over 3 seconds
    Level 1: Each fissure deals 120 damage and slows movement by 10%
    Level 2: Each fissure deals 180 damage and slows movement by 20%
    Level 3: Each fissure deals 240 damage and slows movement by 30%

hope my grammar is okay ;)
    maybe u can make these skills in a way i can modify them a bit ;)

thx!

4. Palaslayer

Palaslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    up! .....

5. deathdoorway

deathdoorway

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i need a spell that warcraft has never seen before. The spell is for my new map which im creating only problem is that it seems impossible. Can you make a building jumping skill. You know where u can scale across buildings or hold onto the edge of it. Now i was thinking you could just have a model of walls n a top(meaning its a fake building but looks real) so u can walk on a building but theres soo many things i dont understand

6. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    deathdoorway, what are you wanting?

7. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats actually somewhat simple, uhhh.... I still need to buy yet another flashdrive (damn things are too small)

8. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That ability is quite simple, i can make it for you to lighten the load on the thread keepers(if they alow it). I've made this kind of spell before and it's quite simple. I could make the skill stun if you want to instead of slow, so that it fits a mountain king more and so that it doesnt look like some ripoff from DotA. It's up to you though:confused:

Ok for my spell request, i want an ultimate that is single target enemy hero unit with 4 levels. The spell will damage the enemy hero for 1/1,5/2/2,5 times the enemy hero's mana wasted over the last 5 seconds. Since i'm no good with JASS it would be appriciated if the skills multiplier would be easy to change(balances and stuff). The effect is instant and you could use the frost nova ability as dummy, so i can easily edit the effect too.

Oh right, it would be neat with some blue floating text over the targeted enemy unit showing how much damage is done. Make it fade over 3 seconds.

I hope that you'll be able to do this skill, cuz i really need it :xxd:

EDIT: Okay, since no-one seemed to take offense i made the second ability for palaslayer. If someone want it pm me.

Good Luck and thanks!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  9. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't really understand your explanation of the spell... The hero casts the spell, and is channeling? Damages the enemy unit using some magic projectile, or runs up to him and slashes?????? At least give a spell name.

10. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    If you're talking to me(which you probably are) then i'll try to explain it more specific.

The skill is instant cast, enemy hero target, with no missile(the effect comes up instantly like frost nova). The damage also comes instantly, dealing damage equal to a special amount based on the level of the ability*the mana the enemy hero has lost during the last 5 seconds. This means that it is a little similar to the Time Lapse system in DotA, only that you'll have to check only mana used up but for all heroes on the map(which is ten players, player one and player seven is computer players an has no heroes).

The name could be Punishment, and the skill is an ultimate. It has 4 levels, which you get ever 6:th level(level 6, 12, 18 and 22.). The damage is 1/1,5/2/2,5 times mana wasted.

Note that it should be all mana wasted, both from casting spells and being mana burned or feedbacked.

11. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ohhhh.... yeah that could get pretty complicated, you'd probably need to use a PUI type system to keep track of all the mana used in the past 5 seconds, and yeah this 1/1,5/2/2,5 took me a few seconds to realize, 1/1.5/2/2.5 is far clearer to me

12. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Lol sorry, just to keep it clear, each number is the new level.

Example: Level 1/2/3/4 deals damage 100/150/200/250

It's just a simple way to write down the level improvements for the spells, where the "/" indicates the new level.:wink:

13. Ssilhouette

Ssilhouette

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is someone going to make my spell?
    Why I'm not in the waiting list?
    :(

14. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good to see you are back on work redscores =)

Ssilhouette, you need to have at least 10 reputation points. Please read the requirements to request a spell, at the first page.
    Anyway, you get rep points by helping people, don't get sad, +rep for you. 9 more to go xD

15. jedchrizt

jedchrizt

Resources:
    Resources:
    Need a Mortal Strike-
    An attack that deals 150% of the unit's base damage.
    That simple would be quite fine.

Or base damage + (str bonuses).

16. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    didnt you already post that in another thread?..

17. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I can't believe this thread is still active. I abandoned it like in January. xD

18. NightsEdg3

NightsEdg3

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was wondering if you guys could teach me jass and how to make spells?