1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell Request Thread [unofficial]

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by HINDYhat, Jan 1, 2008.

1. marven15

marven15

Resources:
    Resources:
    -Bump-

-marven15 sits again while waiting patiently for someone- ^^

2. ModFreak

ModFreak

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK guys a request for you all...

I'm current working on a TD right now, and I need a spell in MUI, which brings me to this thread. I guess this will be quite easy for you JASSers, but I'm noob in JASS... :sad:

This is a tower ability.

Ability: Teleport
    Description: When casted, the target unit will be teleported back to it's starting point. <> seconds delay before being teleported.

Additional notes: This is not a channeling ability. And I want to add some special effects to the unit when it was targeted.

3. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can do it easily in GUI with MUI. (uses global unit TargUnit)

• This Is My Trigger
      • Events
        • Unit - A Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability
      • Conditions
        • (Ability Being Cast) Equal to Teleport
      • Actions
        • Custom script: local unit udg_TargUnit = GetSpellTargetUnit()
        • Wait (X) Seconds
        • -------- Move TargUnit back to their starting position, which should be stored on them somehow --------

4. ModFreak

ModFreak

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you explain in more detail please? Because I'm a noob in JASS... And please post the full trigger in JASS please as stated in the first page of the thread.

And, forgive me for my noobness, but how can you store a local unit in a global variable??? Or can you?

5. NoNZealot

NoNZealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    His spell is PASSIVE. It can be done by changing healing wards aura to -1 and thats all. Add levels, tick hero ability and done.

6. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:

...the fuck?

7. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i need the Uther Party Arthas game attack ability.

Where players control Arthas and press attack, they swing their weapon, damaging what it hits. using the units damage

8. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uhhh... that kind of doesn't really work for GUI

Or rather doesn't give much of an explanation ><

I know how to do a simple teleportation, but this is map specific to particular units/points

If you'd like, you could send me the map and I could add a little code with some instructions, at the moment I am feeling retarded and cannot write code without the WE open (which I don't have on this computer that has internet)

9. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Triggering Unit is a scope variable (in wc3 terms, it is a local to the trigger)

Damage cannot be detected (without some tricky ways), so if you want the real/everage damage, you will need to make in your game some way to track it (by checking for attributes + items, for example).

10. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm not retarded

Yeah for the spell hes looking for it is all fairly simple, just make a group from coordinates in the angle he is facing (using good old arctan() ) based off of melee polar coord ( X2 = X1 + Cos(Arctan()) * 100, same for Y values)

Make the group enumerated to I guess units within 20 of the X2,Y2

Then make a little loop code to loop through the group, damaging + adding SFX

If the hero has a damage range, you do not need the exact damage, just a random number from the same range as your hero would normally have

I could write you up a little code, trust me it is far more simple than it looks as wrtiting, I might make the code, just give me some time

~Fergot, you should also put some code for the attack animation to come out nicely

11. ModFreak

ModFreak

Resources:
    Resources:
    Waiting for someone to extend their helping hand to my problem... It shouldn't be to hard for you JASSers right?

12. spiwn

spiwn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mm about the 'storing'.
    This is a bug. You declare a local variable with the same name as a global(using custom script).
    This way you can make your trigger in GUI and refer to the global variable where needed. The actual bug is that wc3 engine will be referring to the local not the global so this way you get a local easily in GUI.
    But it is a one per trigger bug. SO only one local GUI variable.

13. ModFreak

ModFreak

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still no help... If there is no reply within a week regarding my problem I'll go ask somewhere else then... :hohum:

14. spiwn

spiwn

Resources:
    Resources:
    ModFreak here is a rough job.
    Used Local Handle Variables credits to KaTTaNa
    Used JNGP( I am not sure whether it is needed, but it sure is useful). You can get it from here

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  15. ModFreak

ModFreak

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't really understand but thanks anyway... + rep for taking trouble to do this..

16. spiwn

spiwn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is this what you wanted?
    If so will further assist you :)

17. ModFreak

ModFreak

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nvm, I'll do it myself. Thanks again though.

18. marven15

marven15

Resources:
    Resources:
    -marven15 looks at the door and hoping that it will be opened by someone he is waiting... ^^-

19. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    The main reason I haven't posted it yet is that I discovered the way I was reducing movement speed caused an ultra lag spike at the begening and at the end of the game. I believe the solution is to be had with a modified version of the system 'Bonus Mod' however further research is needed. Rest assured, the final piece of the puzzle is almost complete.

20. marven15

marven15

Resources:
    Resources:
    -marven15 smiles when the door opened and wd40bomber7 appeared saying a great news-

P.S.
    Ok anyway my PC is broke at the moment lol.! XD