• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Spell Ideas needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Hi every one I am creating a custom campaign named Guardian of Xar'aysia : Fall of An Empire, U can see the story of the campaign at theStoryboarding and scriptwriting section. I have created a few custom spells for my campaign and I need more. Only u all can help me now with the Ideas. Here are some basics

1.Fire Element : U can give me some Ideas about the spells on fire that I can make. I have already created 3 spells based on Fire and I need 3 more.The spells should not heal instead they should deal a lot of damage or damage per second to enemy units.

2.Water element : I have not created any ability in this category , However u can help me create some. The element of water can heal, deal damage and chase enemy units.

3.Thunder element :- This element is the most furious element that is always out of control. Deals a lot of damage in a single cast and can shock enemy units. I have created only one spell in this category.

4.Others: these were the elemental abilities now I need some abilities that do not go to any of the above categories , some passive , some active spells etc. Any thing u can suggest.

All the helpers will be awarded with reputation and their name in the credit list of my campaign.

So, PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOME GOOD IDEAS...:ogre_haosis:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Wildfire: The target unit is attacked by living flames that spread to nearby units, dealing damage over time. Every unit coming into contact with a burning unit receives the buff.

Cauterize: Removes all buffs from the target (ally or enemy) and deals damage.

Hand of Fire: Target unit temporarily deals bonus damage and splash.

-

Healing Waters: Heals a large amount of damage an a target allied unit, with surrounding units being healed for less.

Water Whip: Stuns a single enemy unit.

Water Prison: Traps a unit in a giant sphere of water, losing a percentage of its health every second. The sphere can pe destroyed by attacking it with spells (ethereal) or dispelled.

Rainstorm: Channels a rainstorm in a huge AoE, enemy units have their move speed and sight range reduced.

-

Ball Lightning: Creates an orb of electricity at a target location. The orb explodes stunning and damaging all units in an AoE.

Spark Plasma: Creates an ethereal thundercloud floating above the battlefield. If not destroyed, after a short time it casts multiple Monsoon spells around it, one of them targeting allies as well.

Sound of Thunder: Damages all units in a small area. If the units are still in the area after a short while they are stunned by the thunderclap.

Hand of Thunder: Target unit temporarily deals bonus damage with a chance to stun and a small chance to cast Lightning shield on itself.

-

Trade Winds: Aura, increases allied movement speed.

Wind of Farore: All units in a target area are trapped in cyclones for a few seconds, then instantly moved to a random location.

Flash Freeze: Selects an area of water and stuns all units inside it.

Ice Prison: Traps a unit in a block of ice. The prison can be destroyed by attacking or dispelling it.

Hand of Ice: Target unit temporarily deals bonus damage and slow.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

wow!!! THANKS A LOT!!!! u are so helpful alone!!!
U got ur place in the Credits...

Level 12
Water Cage - create a massive cage around the hero who damage enemies around .
Fire Hunger - passive ability who steal life from the nearby enemy units .
Posseidon gift - create a rain who increese movement and attack speed of allied units .
Mental crush - create a wave who confuse enemy units
Thor rage - the hero create a massive thunder in a specific area
Darkness Predator - the time become night , the hero gain movement and attack speed increese .
Canibalism - create a wave who make enemy units to attack each others for a short time .

Level 30
Fire Element:
1. Scorching Mark - active, unit, single enemy - The Hero places a fiery curse upon an enemy, dealing minor damage over time. If it becomes a target of a spell, enemy or ally alike, the curse will grown in strength, and have it's duration refreshed.
2. Blazing Speed - passive - A master at swift attacks, the Hero is able to perform a dashing fire-enchanted strike on regular attacks. Increases damage by 100% on 15% of the attacks, and deals 33% of inflicted damage per second, over 3 seconds.
3. Searing Hunger - active, unit, single enemy - The Hero casts an enchantment upon a single enemy, burning him for 300 magical damage. Additionally, every enemy unit near the target will suffer some of the dealt damage, spread equally on all targets. If the target is alone, it will suffer double damage instead.

Water Element:
1. Tear Defense - active, no target, instant - The Hero conjures a set of 5 tears to surround and protect him. Each tear can absorb some damage, but if the attack should destroy or damage more than one tear, only a single tear will be destroyed instead.
2. Reverse Replica - passive - Whenever the Hero casts a spell, there is a small chance that the dealt damage will replicate itself to heal you by 50% of damage done.

Thunder Element:
1. Raging Thunder - active, single unit, enemy - Calls the unstable powers of the storm upon a single enemy, dealing random damage (from 1 to 600). There is a chance that this skill will inflict critical damage, doubling any random amount rolled.
2. Magnetic Rush - active, self, instant - The Hero calls upon the lightning powers to charge himself up, resulting in either pulling to, or pushing away from him all nearby enemies. Also deals random damage, from 1 to 250, to all affected enemies. This skill can also score a critical, dealing double damage.
3. Zeus's Favor - passive - The god of thunders smiles upon the Hero, gifting him with an ability to predict damage done by the spells. From now on, all damage bellow 35% of minimum will instead deal 35% of random damage, and criticals will always inflict maximum possible damage.

Level 28
Thermal: Creates a pillar of flame on the ground that deals damage to all ground units in it. Any air units above the pillar are swept skywards and unable to act (Cyclone effect on the air units).

Parch: Channels, reducing the health of all units in the target area by a percentage per second (mechanical units are immune).

Burn the Dead: Destroys all corpses in the target area, replacing them with a fire that does damage to all units that get too close.

-

Bloodbend: Target hero is temporarily under the caster's control, unable to cast spells, and with greatly reduced attackspeed, movespeed, and damage.

Whirlpool: Creates a whirlpool at the target location. All units in the AoE are constantly drawn towards the center.

-

Overcharge: All units in target area are struck by lightning, taking minor damage in exchange for increased attack and movespeed.

Give my creation LIFE!: Reanimates several dead bodies with thunderbolts.

-

Rust: All mechanical units have their attackspeed, movement, damage and armor reduced.

Fire - Sends a bouncing ball of fire that bounces off enemies in an area.
Water - The caster transforms into a bolt of water and shoots himself through the air at the targeted zone. If an enemy is caught with the water bolt, the bolt will jump the same distance at a certain angle from the target and dealing the same damage to the final zone. The caster comes back to normal in the final zone.
Thunder - Shoots an electric fence at the targeted point that remains there for 30 seconds. Units can't pass through the fence and they take damage when near the fence. The spell has low cooldown and can be spammed :D
good luck!
*Casts Elemental Bolt on the ground and jumps down the drain*

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I AM DONE WITH THE FIRE SPELLS.. ALL THAT I NEED IDEAS ON NOW ARE A NEW CATEGORY. ICE!!!

Feed me with ideas

Level 24
Lets participate.

1. Glacial Storm. (Toggleable Ability)
Surrounds the caster with a storm of ice, dealing damage to nearby enemy units and slowing their movement speed and attack speed.

While turned off, every 3rd consecutive basic attack of the caster stuns the target.

2. Shard of True Ice. (Active Ability) (@LoL players: I miss that item)
Hurls a shard of ice to the target location. When it collides with an enemy unit, it deals damage in an area of effect and freezing the ground.
Units on the ice will slide over it.

3. Frostbite. (Passive Ability)
Dealing ice damage will leave frostbite on the target.
Frostbite deals damage over time and can stack up.

4. Freeze. (Active Ability)
Freezes the target solid, making it unable to move, cast spells or attack.
When the target takes damage, the ice breaks.

5. Iceberg. (Active Ability)
Creates a wall of ice at the target location, making foot units unable to walk through.

That's it for now.

Level 28
Freeze Blood: Target unit is slowed and takes continuous damage. On death, explodes in a Frost Nova.

Icewall: Creates a wall of ice perpendicular to the caster's facing. Wall has Frost Armor and can be attacked.

Serac: Shards of ice erupt from the ground in a straight line, slowing and damaging enemy units.

Snowblind: Causes a snowstorm in the target area, reducing accuracy for all enemies inside the area.

Snowdrift: All units in the target area are unable to move but can still attack.

Icicle Fall: (Channeling) Sprays icicles from behind the caster.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Those were some some real good idea!!!! Now It's time for me to distribute the prizes..

1st. Cleaving hammer!!!!
2nd. Alpheraz Lucent !!!!
3rd. Wietol!!!

Congratz!!! More ideas more medals... :p

All other participants get 1 rep and respect with honor...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Oh!!! Spelled it wrong... :0..

Sorry I will correct it... Actually i dont know what wietol means

Level 14
This is a very bad suggestion, do not continue to read it.

SERIOUSLY, I'M WARNING YOU

Gale element (Water + Thunder) - [looks like a laser, just imagine a lightning and water combined lol]

Mistral Shock - Deals mana, paralyze/stun, missing attack 2x duration of stun)
Monsoon Leash - Mana drain/sec, Hp steal/sec, Caster can move, target misses most of its attack, movement slow target)

Level 24
This is a very bad suggestion, do not continue to read it.
WHY POST?!?!
(Sorry but I couldn't help to say that.)

Mistral Shock:
Me no understanderino.

Monsoon Leash:
Drain life without channel + slow and blind debuff...
More of an AoS spell than dungeon spell imo... but anyway it doesn't fit the play style of the cleric.
The cleric should not be focussed so draining life when at 100% health doesnt matter.
Also it is not very supportive towards other heroes.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Thank you chaosy, xyzier_24 & wietol for your amazing ideas also special thanks 2 cleaving hammer... :)

All the elements are likely done I will contact all of u when the spells are made completely. For now There is no need of elemental ideas... It is time for some dark and assassinate themed spells (i know I spelled that wrong, I cant help stop it :p).

Level 28
Shadowfield: All enemy units in the area miss every attack while in the field (AI units are ordered to get out of its effect after a short time).

Shadowspy: Target unit is permanently visible to caster.

Eclipse: Sets time to night. All enemy units on map (if they don't have Nightvision or some in-game reason to see in the dark) have reduced accuracy for a short while.

Cover of Darkness: All allied units around the caster gain movespeed and Evasion for a short time.

Betrayal: Target enemy unit belongs to the caster and gains zero mana Shadow Strike. As soon as Shadow Strike is used, the unit becomes Neutral Hostile.

Bodyguard Betrayal: Target enemy summon belongs to caster, cost and cooldown decrease with level.

Remove Guardian: Deals 1000 damage to enemy summoned units in an area.

Hand of Murder: Target unit gains bonus damage and Critical Strike.

Poison: (Autocast) Crafts a poison that lasts for a number of attacks. Choice of effect and effect (one per cast) increases with level: Poison Weapons, Slow Poison, Stun, Critical Strike...

Paranoia: Target hero becomes invulnerable and Neutral Hostile until it kills a friendly unit or a timer runs out (whichever is faster).

Last edited:
Level 9
Incision: Passive (with cooldown) For every n seconds, the caster is granted 100% chance to inflict Bleeding Damage (DoT) for m seconds. Bleeding enemies will have their combat effectiveness decreased (-armor, -damage, -movespeed, whatever you want) Once the enemy is struck with Bleed, the passive will undergo cooldown.

Soul Bullet: Active. Target: Unit or AoE Point. For every corpse that exists within n AoE Range, a soul projectile will shoot to the target, dealing m damage to the affected units. Affected Corpses will be destroyed.

Pact: Active. Forge a pact to obey a corpse under your command, and reanimate it. Control the reanimated unit forever, or abandon it to forge another pact on another sead soul. You can edit the number of reanimated units that exist under your control. You can also edit the skills; a bonus skill may be added, or some skills may be lost. Something like the unit is buffed for how many corpses there are around it, or it is buffed when the owner's HP drops by something...

Raise Dead: Active: Autocast. You know, that normal Raise Dead thing. But if you want though, the units spawned by this is Corpse Recyclable.

Soul Eater: Active. Target: Corpses. Destroy one corpse to get regenerate mana.

Sadism: Passive. Crediting kills will regenerate HP a lot faster.

Dark Armor: Active. Target. Consume one corpse to give armor to self or friendly unit. The Unit that has the buff will have increased armor, but a reduced combat effectiveness (Except armor). it gives off an aura that damages nearby enemies and any kills done by this is creditted to the caster.

Disintegrate: Active. More like finger of death, but damages the caster as well. Can be used on certain level enemies (purpose is to quickly generate a corpse from an enemy)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Thanks 2 both of u for ur ideas and I hope u have more stored in.. :)

Level 28
Void Strike: Blinks to a target location. Units around the caster's original position are pulled towards the location, while units at the target position are knocked back and damaged.

Mass Blink: Blinks caster and all surrounding units to the target location.

Wormhole: Blinks to a target location (unlimited range but requires vision), creating a pair of wormholes at both locations. Units standing on one wormhole are instantly moved to the other.

Doom Portal: Creates a neutral aerial portal that casts weakened random death-from-above spells (one or two waves instead of the usual five or six). Can cast the standard spells (Blizzard, Rain of Fire, Starfall, Tranquility, Monsoon...) or custom ones.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

really like the doom portal spell.. that was great!!

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Well...Can anny one help me with blood spell ideas? I really need some.

BLOOD SPELL IDEAS PLEASE!!!!

Level 28
Bloodbend: Units in target area are temporarily under caster's control, but have huge movement and attack penalties. They revert to the original owner if they take too much damage.

Boiling Blood: Target unit's movement and attack speed are boosted, but takes periodic damage. Melee units attacking the unit take damage.

Bloodthirst: Units in target area get 100% lifesteal but get negative HP regeneration. Alternatively, negative HP regeneration when not in combat, high regeneration when fighting.

Tainted Blood (Aura): Units in the aura gain Disease Cloud. Lifesteal abilities (Drain Life, Vampiric Aura...) deal damage to the unit instead.

Level 24
First of all... you might want to remove mana as a resource and give him blood as a resource for example.
(Replacing mana basically means, no mana regeneration, no mana regain (spells/potions) no effects on abilities that have effect (based) on enemy mana, etc)
In that case, you can make enough abilities that would fit together pretty much.

1. Blood Sucker. (Active Ability)
Throw a group of blood suckers at the targeted unit that deal damage over time on the it and heal the caster for the same amount as the damage dealt.

2. Bloodbath. (Passive Ability)
Dealing damage increases the power of the caster's abilities by (...) for 5 seconds.
Stacks up to 4 times.

3. Bloodlust. (Passive Ability)
Dealing damage with blood spells heal the caster for ...% of the damage done.

4. Bleeding Wounds. (Passive Ability)
Dealing on-hit damage (not damage from DoT) will bleed the target for 5 seconds, dealing damage over time.
The blood is left on the ground and when the caster walks over it, he regenerates ... health.

5. Pure Blood. (Active Ability)
The caster heals himself for ...% of his missing health.
Walking, attacking, casting spells and crowd control interrupt the channel.

6. Blood Moon (Active Ability)
The caster transforms the moon into a blood moon, increasing the stats of the caster and other blood affected units for 20 seconds.

(We should actually make a library of all spells that we come up with.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@ Cleaving hammer, Thanks

@ Wietol, How can I use blood as a resource? That will take up an extra ability slot I think...

Level 24
You create a real array.
(You can attach the array to the units with indexing.)
You put the units with blood into a unit group.
Every 0.03 seconds, you loop through the group and set the mana of the unit to the amount in the array.

When you cast an ability, you lower the amount in the array. (automatically updates mana then)
When you... attack, deal damage with abilities, etc, etc, etc, you increase that value.
Be aware that feedback for example, will still deal increased damage.

You can also set maximum mana to... 100 for example to block abilities that grant mana (ussually items).
There should be a snippet to set maximum health and mana here somewhere.
That one is also able to completely negate regeneration but not negate regains.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Oh i see.. but I would like 2 use mana as a resource.

Level 17
Let's do this:

Blood Poison (Active) : Poisons the Unit. On the Death of the Unit, It Explodes and Creates a wave of Damage.

Blood Corrupt (Passive) : the Unit has a chance to affect the Enemy with Blood Corrupt: Making the Target insane and Attack it's allies.

Execute (Active) : the Caster Becomes Strong and Fast and Stuns and Attacks the Target Until It's death. If the Caster Makes a move, Targets another unit or Casts a Spell, The Target Loses Stun and the Caster is Reverted to Normal.

Fatal Wound (Toggleable) : The caster's attacks Give the Enemy units the Buff Fatal Wound, Dealing Immense damage over A Short time.

Bloody hell (Active Ultimate) : The Caster Gains Immense Power and Becomes Insane, Killing The Units near Him. Over a Short time, The caster is reverted Back To Normal. While in this mode, The player has no Control on the Caster.

Level 28
Visible Veins: Makes blood brighter and easier to see. Enemy units in the area have reduced armor and are visible (including invisible units).

Thick Blood: Prevents bleeding effects and poison by slowing circulation.

Heartstopper: Target unit is progressively slowed and dies if it doesn't receive a healing spell (heroes are only slowed).

Corrosive Blood: Target unit begins taking damage per second, but gains Orb of Corruption effect. If it dies under the effect, leaves a pool of acid that causes damage to all units in it.

Donor: Target unit receives the Donor ability: activating it kills the unit, but giving X% of its total health to every allied unit around it (X= total health/number of allies in radius).

Bloodbath (Channeling): Enemy units around the caster lose 1% HP per second, allied units regain 1% per second.

Level 5
Every ability uses mana, save for auras :)

Blood Ritual: Channelling ability that makes all unit around have increased attack and speed, as well as increased armour.(Ultimate, maybe?)

Blood Pact: Increases a enemy unit health by using some of yours. After the duration of the spell is over, make the unit yours.(Limit to some certain enemies to prevent it being too OP)

Blood Vengence(On/Off ability): Increases armour and attack of nearby friendly units, but drains a bit of health of affected units every second.

Bloody Hell : Ignitus (Passive)
Ignites the body of all enemies in x radius of caster, causing them to take y damage over time until they get out of Hero's range.

Eye of Blood : Alter (Active Toggled)
When active, any attacked enemy will slowed down by x%, loss y health and z mana per second. Every n second, the amount of health loss increased by b and mana loss increased by c but reduces caster health by n*b. The effects reset when the ability is turned off.

Eye of Blood : Visionary (Passive)
Any enemy with health percentage x% lower than hero will take a y second debuff that cause them to be visible to hero. The radius for initial trigger is z range.

Curse of Blood : Binder (Active)
Binds an enemy blood with a curse, causing them to get x second stunned every y second and has z health reduction. Last n second.

Remember : one letter consonants are variables.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

You all guys have been so kind to spare your ideas for me..I am really thankfull to all you guys !

Can we please switch over to lightning spells again please? Cause my next hero is a lightning one....
SO LIGHTNING SPELLZ PLEASE !!!

Also I have used up your blood spell for a hero that has 12 abilities !!! Confusing? you'll know....

Lightning Blade (Active)
Impales an enemy with condensed lightning energy and appear behind them, dealing x damage and shock (stun) for y seconds. (Kakashi from Naruto like Chidori, yes not original at all).

Shock : Thunderstorms (Active)
Summon thunderstorms that struck multiple opponents in x range, dealing y damage and stun them for z second. A stunned person will take triple damage from the thunder, struck up to 3 times and has b chance to miss if target is moving.

Zero Field : Thunder Strikes (Active)
Reduces air pressure to zero near the target, then summon shocking thunders that struck down an opponent. All enemies in c range of the target will loss x health and the target takes y damage and has z chance to be shocked for b second.

Last Thunder : Razalus (Active)
Summon multiple thunderbolts that attack the target with charged thunders. Each thunder deal x damage and cause shocked debuff. Thunders has y area of effect. Shocked units take n times damage from all lightning based spells. The thunder will attack in succession of k times, with p delay between lightning. Moving units has h chance to avoid thunder even in effect area.

Level 28
Thunderblade: Summons a lightning bolt to the hero's weapon. All enemy units around the hero are stunned and take damage, while the hero temporarily gains the Orb of Lightning ability and has a Lightning Shield.

Ball Lightning: Summons an ethereal lightning spirit that wanders slowly around the battlefield, casting Chain Lightning and Forked Lightning at random.

Thunderstruck: All units in the target area are randomly stunned or have increased attack and move speed.

Thunderclap: A thunderbolt lands at a random distance from the target unit. Units in an AoE around the target are stunned for 1 second after a small amount of time that increases with the distance from the unit to the lightningbolt.

Lightningrod: Creates a ward that periodically casts Purge on summoned or buffed units.

Stormbringer (Channeling, Ultimate): Calls a massive thunderstorm. For the duration, heavy rain starts falling, slowing all units in the AoE. After five seconds, lightning strikes at random in the area for ten seconds, damaging all enemy units. Rain lasts another five seconds.

Level 5
Deathshock: Deals heavy damage to the enemy target(high mana cost) stunning all units around it for 4/5/6(?) seconds and has a moderate/small chance to kill the initial target.

Ricochet: The caster summons a ball of lightning. It will randomly attack units around the caster until one unit dies. Each hit from the ball deals 25/50 dmg(?). (Inspired by one of the spells in HearthStone :))

Storm Flash(AoE-ish thingy which has the circle like Blizzard spell): Stuns all units within the radius and afterwhich, the units affected has a high chance to miss attacks for 30/35/40 seconds(Idk balanced or not) seconds. (Think of it it like a flashbang)

Wrath of Lightning(Ultimate, Chanelling ability): Summons forth streaks of lightning that randomly hits places around the caster. The closer the enemy unit is to the lightning strike the higher the damage. After the ability has been successfully cast finished, deal 200 damage in a small radius(or can be changed to stun) to all enemy units around the caster.

I just realised that most of my ideas has stun in them. Turns out that I like stun a lot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.