1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell Ideas Needed

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by BlackShogun, Oct 19, 2008.

1. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry i didnt mention it, but i dont think i will use it, not big on ward type spells

2. sjakie

sjakie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fire
    Name: Sticking Flames
    Description: Incinerates the target, dealing damage to him each second for a set duration. Every spell cast on that target by the fire mage while Sticking Flames is still active, will increase the damage per second and duration of Sticking Flames.

Name: Living Flame
    Description: Engulfs the target in flames fuelled by his lifeforce. Deals damage equal to a percentage of the targets current hp. Half of that damage is also done to enemies in 250 range of the target.

Name: Chain Combustion
    Description: Engulfs the target in flames, dealing damage each second for a set duration. Enemies that come within 200 distance of the victim are set aflame as wel, dealing the same amount of damage per second. When the initial victim stops burning, all other enemies that have been set aflame stop burning as well.

Water
    Name: Aquatic Mastery
    Description: Reduces manacost and increases mana regeneration rate when in 800 range of a water source.

Name: Innatural Drowning
    Description: Summons massive amounts of water to crash down on the target area, drowning and pushing down all enemies in it. Every enemy in that area takes damage per second and is slowed for as long as they are in that area. Lasts for a set duration.

Name: Mighty Wave
    Description: Calls forth a massive wave that drags all enemies it crosses along with him to his destination.

Earth
    Name: Earthen Armor
    Description: Extracts nutrients from the ground and uses it to form a powerfull armor. Starts by channeling the technique, adding armor and duration for every second channeled. The buff starts when the user stops channeling.

Name: Earthshock
    Description: Sends a mighty shock through the earth, dealing damage depending on how close the enemies are and pushing them backwards.

Name: Mudflow Funeral
    Description: A powerfull channeling skills that deals damage to nearby units and drags them towards you for as long as you're channeling.

Fire + Earth
    Name: Volcanic Armor
    Description: Enchances the target with armor made from boiling hot magma. Not only does it add damage, but also deals damage to enemies close to that unit every second.

Name: Wave of Magma
    Description: Sends massive waves of slow-moving magma into every direction. Though it moves slow and is fairly easy to dodge, it deals incredibly damage to units caught in it. When the magma waves are done raging forward and come to a stop, they cool down and become rock again. Every enemy unit still standing anywhere the magma has been will then be held for a set duration.

Name: Metallic Meltdown
    Description: Using incredible temperatures, the user melts half of the targets armor. Not only does this cut the targets armor in half for a set duration, but the molten metal also deals damage each second depending on how much armor was molten.

Air + Earth
    Name: Airvents
    Description: Causes airvents to appear underneath random units in the target area every second, knocking the affected unit into the air with a powerfull airburst, dealing damage to the unit when he hits the ground again.

Name: Artificial Desert
    Description: Pulverises nearby earthparticles into sand and uses powerfull gusts of wind to spread them over the area. For as long as the sand lies there, the caster is able to teleport anywhere he pleases in that target area by travelling under the sands.

Name: Sandy Winds
    Description: Calls up mighty winds to blow nearby sand left and right. This deals damage to nearby enemies, as well as it slows them and gives them a chance to miss. Has increases effect when used in an artificial desert.

3. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    sjakie all spells that does damage will kill any unit since the units will probably only have 1hp (instant kill map) so 11 out of 15 of your spells won't be usable since they either do damage per second or dealing damage and giving some sort of debuff.. (in a couple of spells deals damage per second and gives a debuff like movement imparing effect)

4. sjakie

sjakie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hehe, maby I should start reading the main post sometime. Appearantly it DOES come handy now and then. ^-^.

5. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yea maybe ^^
    Well for the last Earth i got a idea "Earth Nova" (or other name similar to that)
    Non targeted spell that creates a circel of stone at the feet of the caster that will rush outwards draging enemies with it (the stones will rush of about 700 units or something). Enemies can leap over the stone and those who are draged to the end will be dazed and will have slowed movement speed for x amount of seconds (depending on how far they are draged).
    EDIT!: Those who are hit by the stones and are being draged can't leap out of it (will be like a stun until they get to the end).

6. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    @sjakie: wow lots of ideas lol, but like blaxor said, its one shot kill, so not so useful. Although i really do like alot of those spell, surprised how many original spells you came up with, you should make an aos or give ideas to some aos mappers!

@blaxor: i actually really like the earth nova, but its not strong enough to be the 5th as it cant kill, but i do want to add it in somewhere, i might make it the 3rd earth spell and make the current 3rd one the 5th

7. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    i came up with 2 more spells :grin:

Fire: Flaming Steps
    When activated it will make the ground that the ninja walks on burn for x seconds (depending on tile wild grass burns longer than normal grass) the spell is active for 5-10 seconds.

Water: Reflecting Water (maybe another name here too :cute:)
    When activated the ninja sprays water droplets over a wide area creating reflections of himself confusing enemies for 2 seconds and teleports himself to a random reflection after the 2 seconds.

The fire one can be used to trap enemies and the water one can be used to make fast escapes IF your lucky (you might be teleported to a reflection that is near a enemy).:cool:

8. Zinive

Zinive

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okkaaayyy here are some more ideas of mine

Fire:

Flickering Flame
    This is similar to the Flame Strike of the Bloodmage but it will not leave a flame patch which deals damage instead the whole Flame Strike will be automatically casted again (by a dummy). This will repeat 2 times

So the caster would target an area. After the 1.33 seconds casting time the Flame will appear and kill every unit within. Then a dummy is created and will cast the same flame Strike on the same position again.

Water

Dark Art: Unlucky Cloud
    A Rain Cloud is created over the head of the enemy unit. It will unleash a Hail storm upon its Victim after 7 seconds. This can only be prevented by moving fast next to an enemy hero. The Cloud will then instantly kill that enemy (can be cast on self) But this will reduce the time from 7 to 3 seconds.

Fire + Earth
    Demon Art: Burning Scythe
    This will create a massive blade like formed flame in front of the caster. The Blade will crush into the ground. Then it will fly towards the direction this spell has been cast. Leaving behind a open rift and of cause kill units it directly hits. The rift however will not kill an enemy unit but if he falls into it he will be unable to move or jump for 5 seconds. (Since it is his own fault for walking in this he will not be invulnerable). This spell would have a range of at least 1500

Forbidden Art: Judgment of Doom
    This will call 5 heavy Meteors one by one from the sky crushing directly in the position of the caster and killing him! However the Meteors need 2 seconds each to reach the ground so the caster needs to run away from his position. The Meteors have big area damage and a flame patch is created which burns for additional 3 Seconds.

Imaging this spell like a firewalk but you have to hurry not to die your self. This spell could be used for kamikaze actions or to get rid of followers.

Earth + Air
    High pressure Javelin
    A Javelin made of earth is formed after its creating time of 1 second it will fly extreme fast towards its target.

Water + Earth
    Sacred Art: Hidden Eye
    Once activated a replication of the Hero will be created staying in place of the Hero. The Hero then will if activated on earth turn into earth himself allowing him to travel over land with a slow movespeed and vision range. You can then do 2 actions the first is to release an eye (a small unit with a large vision range but short life span, this unit would also have the locust ability so you cannot click it). The other one is to emerge from the ground very fast however you will not be able to use any offensive ability for 2 seconds after the emerge.

When used on water it will be basically the same as on land but you will have a very large move speed and great vision also you will not be silenced. Of cause the effect will end when you switch from water to earth or earth to water.

9. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Air+Earth: Thundering Earth
    The hero calls down 5-10 lightings around himself (right next to him) killing those who is struct by the lighting.
    After 2 seconds the lightings will start popping out from the ground in random locations in a wide are around the caster killing everything the lightnings runs through.
    *The spell will also create a storming wind slowing enemies for 5 seconds.*

*optional :grin:

10. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm is not very earth oriented at all tho, other than, the lightning goes in the ground ^^ air+earth probs one of the hardest to do spells for, because these 2 elements just cant be realistically combined, like fire and water can make boiling water or steam, and earth and water can make mud etc. but air and earth just.. dont really xD

11. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    true, but what did you think about the 2 spells i wrote 4 posts ago?(or was it 5 posts ago?) :cute:
    BTW, the lighting pops out from the ground also :O

12. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh sorry, i wasn't gonna use them, i read through everything but if i decide im not gonna use it i end up forgetting it again :p only need 5 more and got a long time whilst i make the other 33 (some already done ofc, cant remember how many, nearly 10) so im just waiting for those ones that just kinda click yes in my head.

13. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You could remake the thundering earth spell:
    Call down x amount of lightings at random locations in a wide area killing units hit by the lightings.
    The lightings will then make the ground unstable and force the ground to sink in, (after a set amount of seconds)
    sucking any enemy with it to their grave. (they will be drawn underground and then killed) :grin:

It's a remade version of the Thundering earth skill i posted earlier (Air + Earth)

I personally think this mixes both elements pretty good :cute: but it's still up to you if you like this spell :wink:

EDIT: I'm posting a remade idea of the spell since I think it has so much potential.

14. Zinive

Zinive

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will not give up! Even if you don't comment any of spells :angry:

Fire:
    Inferno Fire Ring
    The casters releases a firebolt that flies in an artillery like curve towards its target. Once it reaches that place a fire will start to burn and begin to grow outwards. However the fire will burn out in the middle fast. Imaging this like a slow growing nova however the middle will be safe except for 0.8 seconds after the firebolt reached that point.

Fire+Earth
    Bane Fire
    The ground breaks open in a straight line and creating a flame fountain changing both the terrain itself and the air above it into a killing zone.
    Imaging this like a shock wave that leaves a burning ground.

Air+Fire
    Hidden wind
    The caster will create a storm of earth and wind. This intense storm will move slowly and randomly in a direction. The storm dose not deal damage but conceals the target as well as preventing enemies from jumping once they are within the storm.

Water+Earth
    Mudball Canon
    The caster will instantly fire a mudball at his enemy upon impact the target will be stunned and covered into mud (also rendering him immune to any spell). Once the stun fades the target receives a debuff that will either disable his dodge, jump or flash step ability.

15. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I've got a really good idea for the air + earth spell!
    Dirt Golem
    Summons a golem of dirt with the help of the winds. The golems' punches slows down the attacked enemy because of the howling winds and has a small chance of stunning the enemy because of occasional boulders.
    Each level increases duration and strength of the golem.

16. sinjako

sinjako

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fire+earth

Rolling death
    Launches a gigantic fiery meteor from you, that rolls up to 800 range and leaves a fiery trail that kills any enemy that passes. fire lasts 20 seconds

Fire+water

Benign mist
    Spreads a thick mist around you making you invisible. the mist forms a shield, that if broken will remove invisibility. mist can take 3 times normal damage before breaking. restealths after 5 seconds.

Fire+air

Cutting fire

Releases a small string of fire(50 units AOE) that used air to catapult it to a long distance. anyone caught in this string will get immobilized for 4 seconds.
    Range of string is 2000

Ninjutsu

Tree bomb
    Puts a bomb in a tree that if a unit is withing 50 range of that tree or the tree is cut down or destroyed it will explode in a 300 radius

Shadowstep

Instantly teleport to a target 700 range away and push them 600 range away stunning them for 2 seconds.

Genjutsu

Drunken stupor
    Makes the targets screen go randomly around like in enfo RO

Cunning trick

Makes 2 fake swords infront of you 1 real one. the real one is chosen at random. they all go towards the targeted opponent and cant receive damage from AOE damage. the target has to kill one of them or else he dies. the swords are easily killed

BTW if you need beta testers just say so :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  17. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    @sinjako
    the first spell taken from dota (invoker spell)

and the ninjutju genjutsu etc. are not elemental spells that blackshogun needs.. read first comment

18. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey guys, i havent been making much progress on EoN atm, due to coursework etc, it should speed up a bit around christmas and probably slow down again after that due to exams. i havent given up but i just have RL to deal with. Although like blaxor said i wasnt asking for anything other than elemental spells, i kinda like the tree bomb and may use it as a ninja item.

19. Paladon

Paladon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Do you still need a fire spell?
    Flame
    You could adjust the spell to a fire trap spell.
    Or i do.

20. BlackShogun

BlackShogun

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice spell paladon but damage over time spells dont really fit in with one shot kill maps ^^