1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Spell Idea gather Thread

Discussion in 'Day of the Fish' started by Darky29, Jul 14, 2004.

1. GoliathPraetor

GoliathPraetor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spell for Angery: Marksmens Shot, See what it will do is he aims at the target(need a crosshair model)make sound on the unit the riflemans "I got the beast in me sights" crosshairs of his weap(in white) are one by one made in random areas around the unit 5 times 1 sec apart(being removed after .90 seconds)each one being closer to the unit then in five seconds makes a red one right under the targeted unit. Angery then says "Fire!" then fires a extremely accurate shot at the enemies head(make stampede special effect on head of unit)dealing 600 damage to the target(most of the time killing the unit). This may be too basic for your tastes but ive done it before and its quite cool.

2. Drain Pipe

Drain Pipe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    this ones for either of the ortar heroes

It's called Anticipate movement and it's a passive, or it can be targetable.actiavatble or whatever.

Anyways, it's basically a spell that fires to where the nenmy is going to be and it blows up the ground in front of them, forcing them to change direction slightly (basically check for unit speed and facing angle and then fire a shot that would just block their movement with invis unit or nice pathing blocker.

It would deal 10-20-30-40 bonus (or whatever depending on levels) damage (that's if it landed perfectly) and also the missiles would travel quicker as the spell was upgraded.

A secong one i think would be neat is a spell calls long shot which is a chaneling/ground spell which required skill to use. Badically, they create a cursor that moves up and down in front of them and every time it moves over a unit they fire a powerful shot, using up 10 mana. The cursor moves increased distances and at faster rates each level and also tracks heroes in the last 3 seconds but only a certain distance. If the heroes run out of mana, they stop casting.

Duration will be 4-5-6-7 seconds and each round will deal 50-75-100-125 damage in a small aoe (100 or so and medium aoe of 150)This would be kind of like a wave spell.

My third suggestion was inspired by ww2. It's called Bursting Shell (not a great name but hey...)

Anyways, what they do is fire a missile in the air, which bursts in the air and releases a hail of bullets onto enemies. It normally deals 25-35-45-55 damage in an area and is meant for delayed spamming (5 second cooldown) but the effects can be altered by another skill called "Runic Ammunition"

Runic ammunition: is based off of a dummy spell book, has 4 levels and can change the attack of the heroes to have 1 of 4 different side-effects. 1 would be poison, freezing, burning, and armor piercing.

Each one would give minor bonuses which would become better each level, and you'd learn poison, burning, cold and finally piercing.

Ammunition will also be triggered to have a cooldown after so many attacks

Now the effects are obvious but the type of ammunition set: poison makes gas appear on explosion, burning burns ground, frost freezes units in small area, and piercing increase directness of attack (lowers arc) missile speed and allows for all the damage to transfer to the target.

With the Artillery Burst, the Runic ammunition grants special properties

Poison: Poisons entire area, and also slows units and deals low damage over long period of time. Attack is increase by 5-15-25-35.

Buring: Makes the attack explode in the air, and rain napalm, which deals no instant damage but floats to the ground and then burns the ground and deals 15-25-35-45 burns damage a second and the burning field lasts 5 seconds.

Frost: Explodes into ice chucnks and freezes the ground for 1-1.25-1.5-1.75 seconds. Increases damage by 5-10-15-20 but also increases cooldown by 2.5 seconds.

Piercing, Now this is the big one. The attack cost an extra 25 mana to cast, but gains the piercing abilities. Increases damage by 10-20-30-40 and also causes units to takes severe damage from opened wounds and loss of blood as well as reduced armor. Opened wounds deals 4-5-6-7 damage per second for 15-30-45-60 seconds (up to 10-20-30-40 seconds for heroes). Units also lose 1 armor until they stop bleeding. The buff is instantly reoved by heal however.

Anyways, these are the spells i thought up of and i hope you find them origional and interesting. BTW i didn't read through all 9 pages so sorry if some are repeats.

3. Ignitedstar

Ignitedstar

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is for Bombur and Blasty:

Link Bomb Explosion

Blasty runs around Bombur laying bombs/explosions/mines in random areas, while Bomburs explodes them with throwing fire, dealing XXX damage to enemies.

These are for whoever:

Lucky Strike:
    An axe is thrown, showing numbers 1-10, if the number is at least or more then 9, then the unit instantly dies, but the number is at least or lower then 2, the unit is invulnerable for 5 seconds. If they are numbers 3-5, then the axe deals 200 damage. If they are numbers 6-8, then the axe hurts the user for 200 damage(If the user has lower then 200 health, then make the spell unusable).

Vapor:
    The unit dissolves from the inside, disabling either they're armor, attack, 2nd attack, movement speed, spells/skills, or if possible, auras.

4. harper

harper

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am just wondering how many months had passed since this topic was posted!
    _________
    Tomorrow i shall delete this post of mine!

5. imported_Freakazoid

imported_Freakazoid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Two skills For Choppy-

Sword's of the Avatars
    When activated he deals frost attack with one sword and poison attack with other sword.
    -Incresees spell, and poison duration per level.

Counter Attack
    Wielding his two blades Choppy has a chance to stop an enemy attack by one of his swords, and counter it with the other sword. While countering Choppy also has a chance to do multiply dammage, stun the unit, or preform a chrushing blow (throws the unit back)
    -Add more chance to preform one of the attacks up there :roll:

6. FL19

FL19

Resources:
    Resources:
    :p i was reading ur replys and came up with 1 myself for Brine
    swamp trap:creates a small puddle of water at a target location and is set off like a stasis trap any1 under the the AOE takes damage and is stunned. to escape repeatedly press e. you can decide length and amount of damage.
    as i sed just a thought but it might help u

7. the KuKulzA

the KuKulzA

Resources:
    Resources:
    I posted this under Fishing Pole but I think it would be better placed here:

well Brine is a fish/amphibian right?

fishing pole is definitely a good idea I'd say...

It shows the intelligence of Murlocs, how they have become the top predators not through strength but ingenuity... :D

and any murloc who can not only slash you with a saber but hook you with a fishing pole and reel you in for the kill has skill.... :cool:

bytheway, Brine should has an ability allowing him to hook someone/thing and reel it in, the thing is stunned, and he can slash at it with his saber :twisted:

8. gookywooky

gookywooky

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    For Choppy: Sushi Slice
    turns enemy non-hero murlocs into sushi item, which heals.

9. Indigo Operator

Indigo Operator

Resources:
    Resources:
    A spell for Angry:
    Contagious Fury(Passive): :twisted: When angry is attacked, there is a small chance an enemy will get contagious anger which hurts the enemy over time. When that enemy dies, some one of the nearby enemies also get this contagious anger.

Generic Dwarf Spell:
    Pulse of the Hills: :x The Dwarf starts pummelling the ground with a rythym and a smash sound while a earthguake effect is created. Friendly units are made more powerful and huge hill-like waves of ground are sent in all directions on land knocking back enemies and hurting them while channelling.
    Complicated enough?

P.S How will we know that you're picking our spells other than waiting because that seems to be a very long wait.