• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SPELL HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I need to know how to make these spells, and see if you can tell me what the base is
1: An AoE move like War stomp that hurls missles at enemies, without any ground slam. This also means they home onto the enemy.
2: getting a shockwave missle to loop something like the Naga building detah art.

And I'm making a futuristic AoS, but I fear I will be banned for using Th15's map, being the fact I need the weapon triggers and some other things, I want to revive that game with some stuff. I need some people to help me make the game though

Level 11
You have come to the right place. Let's take the war stomp thingy first. Get Fan of Knives as a base spell and deactivate the missiles and the effect (whatever effect it implies... so the knives no longer appear). Change all the damage stats to 0, icon however you want, name and description idem. Ok, now we need to create a dummy unit. Dummy units shouldn't be able to be seen (make 0.00 collision, change model to none.mdl, change its size to 0.01) or be targetable (add locust ability). Now, create an unit ability based on... let's say Thunder Bolt (use the Neutral Hostile - Unit version). Set the missile to whatever you want the projectiles to look like, duration to how long you want to stun the units and damage again to whatever you want. Change range to 999999999 and mana cost to 0. The rest doesn't matter.

Give this ability to the dummy made for this spell. Hopefully you can do small triggering or I will need to make the trigger step by step for you to understand. Hopefully you CAN do triggers though... Ok, here we go.

Event of the trigger is (Unit starts the effect of an ability) and condition is ((Ability being cast) equal to "Yourability"), where obviously "Yourability" is the name of your HERO ability. Now, we'll go to the actions.

-> Pick up every unit within x range of (Casting unit) and do Actions; [NOTE: x is a number you can change depending on what AoE you want. I would suggest the War Stomp AoE]
- Create 1 Dummy for owner of (casting unit) at position of (casting unit) facing whatever... [Note:through whatever I'm telling you that it doesn't matter]
- Order (Last Created Unit) to Human - Mountain King - Thunder Bolt (Target unit of Ability being cast)

-> Wait 0.10 seconds
-> Pick up every unit in (Playable Map) matching condition (((Type of (Matching Unit)) and ((owner of (Matching Unit)) equal to ((owner of (Casting Unit)) equal to Dummy and do Remove (Picked Unit)

This obviously means that only ONE unit may cast this skill per player. Voila, your first spells should probably work.

For the second stuff... I don't know what you need that for and so, I cannot really help for now.

Level 16
I know how to use dummies but
1: it's harrowing custom object data.
2: Sometimes my dummies don't remove themselves
3: I'd rather us a generic dummy. This means it's in the corner of the map, and is switched owner when a triggered spell happens.

You don't need the locust ability for a dummy. Just give the model art as "Ally Dialog Background" from the "Game Interface" Section.

You forgot to nuke away the shadow

I want a shockwave like the one in Tob with the blood, but with naga water waves

Status
Not open for further replies.