• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Brainstorming

Status
Not open for further replies.
These dragons don't really have "elements" as such. They just have different ability "styles". Like Scorch's spells are more reckless and damage based, whereas Pirch's are more friendly, like healing and a sleep+Dot.

Whirlwind sounds pretty much exactly like a spell Pyritie has in his artifact, except his Hurricane spell follows the caster.

I don't really like the whole... erm... "theme" of that ultimate, but something that interacts with another spell he can cast is a good possibility.

And it's spelt "further" ;)

Level 15
The tornado idea is a spell from dota .... the fire idea is actually a spell from Panda (regular warcraft hero). The combination with the stomp is the only thing new ... Still keep working on it, I am sure you will have some good ideas =)

I never play dota, i dont got anything against them, but no freinds play them so.. i didn't knew about the torando spell there.

i know that the "breath of fire" spell already is in use of Pandaren Brewmaster, but, hey, oldschool rules xD

ill come up whit more ideas later

ok, ideas (lol, 3 min after last post :D) ok... ummm.... -.- well let me think... yes, this is a good one:
Wing Bash
-target-
Coalch bashes his target whit his wings, blowing it away. If the unit hits another unit, the target looses life while the newly hitted one, will not loose life, but be under the effect of Wing Bash and being knockbacked. If the target is knowcked into a tree, it will lose life and rebound.
If the target is under effect of Stomp, his knockback power is increased by 50%.

woa, i read it through, thats alot of "if"s
anyway, hope you will use it, as basic or ulti, i do not care :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Yeah. He only needs two more: an ultimate and a regular.

I'll see what I can do then.

Servant to Death: Calls upon a royal guard to attack Coalchs enemies, this is a permanent unit with high hp and armor but with small damage. Also has a armor increasing aura that does not work on himself.

Ulti: Speech: Coalch talks inspiring to his allies and fearfull to his enemies making all enemy units lose 50/100/150 hp and all friendly units gain 50/100/150.

(The values might be a little big)

Hope thats better, say if you dont like them.

Edit: Have you seen them?

Last edited:
I believe summons are outdated ...
It would better to have some kind of ability and let something happen ..

In my map, for example, I plan to add the following spell:
- The chaos Knight is an adept of the legion, and he has an ability (not decided the name yet) which will probably be named as "call of the Legion".
Call of the legion:
a passive ability based on immolation. When active it will make meteors fall from the sky every X secs. When a meteor falls, it damages units, and there is a chance that an Infernal will emerge from the impact.

You could use a modification os this spell if you wanted to.

Level 12
I believe summons are outdated ...
It would better to have some kind of ability and let something happen ..

In my map, for example, I plan to add the following spell:
- The chaos Knight is an adept of the legion, and he has an ability (not decided the name yet) which will probably be named as "call of the Legion".
Call of the legion:
a passive ability based on immolation. When active it will make meteors fall from the sky every X secs. When a meteor falls, it damages units, and there is a chance that an Infernal will emerge from the impact.

You could use a modification os this spell if you wanted to.

That sounds much better than a normal summon!

And the second... hmm... perhaps. Maybe not damaging enemies, but the speech could be channeling and give a buff to nearby friendly units.

Change it whatever you like. (maybe a negative buff for enemy units also?

Level 36
Heh "dragon standard" or something for coalch

It's basically a custom-textured flag with a dragon on it that gets summoned, it makes nearby allies stronger (has an invisible aura ability, no sfx because it would look wonky) and makes nearby enemies demoralize and be weaker.

And maybe an ability called Flaming Whirlwind (not just another fire spell :p) Where his claws light on fire and he spins around really quickly and repeatedly casts a dummy war stomp that damages enemies and stuns them but also has a fire SFX and maybe some added incinerate damage over time.

The second one could be an ultimate but it might be hard to pull off or perhaps unuseful for the kind of missions in the map. I dunno, haven't played it before :p

Edit: Perhaps a more realistic spell, and might go in synergy with courage aura, when Coalch's HP gets below a certain percentage (maybe 25% or something) he attacks twice as fast or 150% as fast etc, maybe depending on rank. No idea for a name though :\ Maybe "battle fury" but it sounds kinda cliche'd

Level 1
Coalch
stunning Bash- deals X*str damage with a (Y*str)% chance to stun for Z seconds.
description: Coalch throws his weight into this attack. This Intense attack hits harder than normal, and may stun the target.

comment: i know its simple but why can't it be? if it works why not run with it?
the variables are open for you and it doesnt even have to use a stat if you dont want it too. just you decide the scaling value.

Coalch
Shatter Defenses- deals X damage and lowers targets armor by Y% (or value you decide)
Description: Coalch strikes at the targets armor attempting to sunder it. lowers enemies defenses.

again simple but gets the point across that he is a melee damage dealer.

Coalch
assured laugh- Laughs bolsterously taunting X targets to attack him. improves targets damage but lowers defense.
Description:a assured laugh that enrages nearby targets, improving their damage but lowering their defense.

a taunt that improves damage but lowers defense. obviously.

Coalch (ulti)
aimed strike: a strike that hits a targets particular body part. (ok, there are 2 ways you could do this, make it a spell book that allows you to target a particular body part, or make it have a % chance to hit each body part, such as arms, legs, body, or head. i reccomend the % idea because that seems more "original" then again this could come from a map i have yet to play yet.) 10% chance to hit head, 40% chance to hit body, 25% chance to hit arm, 25% chance to hit leg.
effects of hitting each body part:
head: High damage and stun.
leg: higher than normal damage and high slow.(maybe root)
arm: about the same damage as leg but lowers targets damage.
body: higher than normal damage but lowers targets armor by alot. also stuns a short while.

well i hope this helped...

Status
Not open for further replies.