• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SPARTAN II - Halo

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
he's a big boi. SPARTAN II from Halo, armour inspired by the MJOLNIR Mk IV in Halo Wars.

animation description (weapon attachments soon to follow for each):
  • Attack - SMG
  • Attack Upgrade First - Assault Rifle / Battle Rifle
  • Attack Upgrade Second - SPARTAN laser
  • Attack Upgrade Third - Rocket Launcher
  • Attack Upgrade Fourth - Shotgun
  • Attack Upgrade Fifth - Sniper Rifle
  • Spell - jumpy boi
  • Spell Throw - grenadey boi
  • Attack Defend - dual SMG's (attach to weapon and hand, left)

pls send thoughts and credits.
Previews
Contents

SPARTAN II - Halo (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
That is fair, but maybe some people want to have consistency with other custom models (or even in-game ones) that use wc3 corpses. Would you mind adding a proper corpse geoset and adjust the decay animation for other people to use? I think it would...
Please fix the following issues:
  • Animations for Decay are wrong and not adherent to wc3 standards:
    Decay Flesh should have the model slowly sink down into the ground and have the corpse dissappear and the main model completely gone at the end of it.
    Decay Bone should only the corpse geoset.
  • Model need proper collision shapes, spheres are preferred here. See how regular wc3 model do it.
  • Some animations (Spell Throw in particular) needs to return to their original positions after the animation is finished.
  • The model might need a team-coloured background plane with team colour that shows in the portrait animation.

Please fix the following issues:
  • Animations for Decay are wrong and not adherent to wc3 standards:
    Decay Flesh should have the model slowly sink down into the ground and have the corpse dissappear and the main model completely gone at the end of it.
    Decay Bone should only the corpse geoset.
  • Model need proper collision shapes, spheres are preferred here. See how regular wc3 model do it.
  • Some animations (Spell Throw in particular) needs to return to their original positions after the animation is finished.
  • The model might need a team-coloured background plane with team colour that shows in the portrait animation.
updated with collision spheres + portrait background.

refuse to align to wc3 decay standards. this model is for a custom mod and personally i'm not a fan of wc3 corpses.

refuse to align to wc3 decay standards. this model is for a custom mod and personally i'm not a fan of wc3 corpses.
That is fair, but maybe some people want to have consistency with other custom models (or even in-game ones) that use wc3 corpses.
Would you mind adding a proper corpse geoset and adjust the decay animation for other people to use?
I think it would be just nice and I would rather not put this wonderful model into the 'simple/useful' category because of some technicality and a disagreement with the guidelines and rules.

Other than that, there still some major and minor issues with the model. Mostly are optimization related:
Please remove the unneeded tracks and fix smaller issues. For the unneeded tracks you can use this tool: MDLX Optimizer