• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sparta

A model of a 300 Sparta. Base model Peasant so..credit blizzard on the part, the weapons and custom parts of the texture are made from scratch.

Please give credits to Kimberly if you use this model in your map and ask for permission if you wish to edit this model or its skin.

Texture path is:
Sparta.blp

Keywords:
300 sparta this is spartan rome greece greek
Contents

Sparta (Model)

Assets
Level 45
Iv never seen the movie 300 since its not released down in Australia yet. But heres the images i used as refs:
i forgot the leg bracers..but..screw it.
http://www.psp-spot.com/uploads/8b4e68d866.jpg
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/300/gerard_butler/300b.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/300-_Leonidas_fighting_Persian_soldiers.jpg

and to my knowlege, the historical spartans were also naked, yes, no chest armour or loin cloth but helm, spear/sword and shield. But some wore armour, yes.

Level 1
Ok buddy, we have to get some things straight here. Personally, I think you are a disgrace to greek's everywhere for calling a Spartan a "sparta". One, your model looks nothing like a Spartan soldier, because it is based on a peasant base model. Second, if a Spartan cannot use the defend animation, they cannot go into phalanx formation, and therefore you are terribly inaccurate. Thirdly, don't make it look so cartoony.

Level 1
Make a better model, this is a disgrace to the Spartans. Btw, it's not a damn "Sparta" so do your research correctly. And what were you thinking using peasant as base model...are you even capable of thinking? Please, take this off the site immediately.

Level 45
Um...Im sorry to say..but you have issues over such tiny things. You friends with IhateArthas i'm guessing? if not..then i guess thats even more of a problem on your side.

If you don't like the general history accuracy of a model, well..thats your problem.

Refrain from these useless nit picking comments.

The unwrap on the footman is horrible and same with its animations, so i think this is a wise choice my good sir due to the open chest, face and the animations i find are good enough. Nothing needs to be perfect, i could have made one from scratch if i wanted to, but i honestly dont care.

Level 3
its kinda badly done, texture wise. i wouldnt use it in my 300 maps. and the icon isnt that great

Level 2
Model is kinda nice, however some of the animations look strange... and as already posted, it could use a Defence Animation.

And eh.. Balthazar chill out? your over reacting the hole post.. why should this be taken off the site?

Level 3
Wrong Animations, Helmet does not look like a real Spartan helm, wrong model based from i think if you based it on a Footman model with other animations it will look alot better in game. Nice cape shield and looks except that he needs less fat. Good job so far.

Level 5
Hehe, he does not look like a greec fighter he looks like the sparten warrior in the movie.
P.S
mybe if you well put on e'm some moor muscle he well look better :)
HEHE 5/5 10/10 what ever its great! :D :)

Level 2
Yeah,a defend animation would be very nice and would be a 5/5 with it but because it's not 3/5.Still a nice model though. :)

could use som kinda stabbing motion but it still looks really good.
also, u know how he cratches his head (stand -2). maybe you could alter it so he kinda pulls his shield off he back then back on again for a defend on/off animation. i dont know how u would do that cos i am no animator but that would make it more unique.

to whoever else may read this, nobody cares about super duper fine details on a goddam footman sized mdl.
As loooong as it looks good, and it does, no body cares.

Level 5
i want to put in my 2 cents. this is a good "300" spartan- but, none of you really know what a real spartan did. they trained every day of their lives, the kids were taught to steal, but not get caught. they wore no clothes in combat, as to not give the enemy a handhold. they only occasionally wore more than a shield and sword, and maybe a helmet. seriously, this is an awesome model for a "300 spartan. so hut up please.

Level 4
Ok buddy, we have to get some things straight here. Personally, I think you are a disgrace to greek's everywhere for calling a Spartan a "sparta". One, your model looks nothing like a Spartan soldier, because it is based on a peasant base model. Second, if a Spartan cannot use the defend animation, they cannot go into phalanx formation, and therefore you are terribly inaccurate. Thirdly, don't make it look so cartoony.

1. I'm sure "sparta" was a typo
2. a peasant is a human... why does it matter if he took a human soldier or a human peasant, in the game they all look the same. Since when were spartans not humans?
3. i think it's clear to everyone that Balthazar is being rude just for the sake of being rude- "don't make it look so cartoony?" doesn't even begin to make sense, seeing as this is a model for WC3 (A cartoony game...)

I love this model- if i had a place for it in the map i'm making i'd use it, but i do agree with some others that this model could be made cooler by adding a defend animation. It just makes sense to me that every unit with a shield should have a defend animation.

But that's just what i think, the decision is ultimately up to you. So other than adding a defend animation, i think you have a great model here, keep up the good work! :)

Level 4
Well its good but spears stab why is the attack animation an overhead swing like a sword. Perhaps peasant wasnt the best base model to use. Plus gold plate armor and a scarlet skirt would make this model 10/10. Otherwise good job.

Level 6
3/5. Good... but could be done better... I'd rather use the Undead spartan than this one. Listen to the comments. You can't say you don't care about our comments. We are the ones that download your model... and yet you say to us that you don't care about our opinions? Kindly consider them.

Level 9
For a spartan this model in my opinion is 5/5
Now i wont brag about the defend anim,or the peasant model you used,and ppl like Baltazard shoud really chill the f*ck out,this is a game,a modding site,and every author of his own (model,skin,icon etc..) shoud be proud of,not explaining to some nooby child that doesnt like it.
If an author listened to kids like him,well what the hell woud be then...
I aint some pro epic modeler(or whatever) but i understand what means to be a creator.
The point is stop braging shit about other ppls resourses...