• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spam Purging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
In light of the Hive-wc3sear.ch merge, I'm going to go through the Off-Topic forums and purge anything I deem as spam, although I'll leave the spam/game threads until Christmas, and then delete and remake them every six months after that.

- Shados

P.S. If there's a particular thread you beleive should be deleted, post it here.

Level 4
The picture thread. It's grown way to large and it's old and isn't important at all since it's mostly a few people talking throguhout the 90 something pages.

I disagree. The picture thread is more of a memory thread. It's a landmark that has been with wc3sear.ch for many months if not years. It has so many members both new and old. Wormskull, Sansui, Kerrigan, Saikann, all legends have posted in that very thread. If you were around during wc3sears prime you wouldn't want that thread to go. I think it should stay for memories. I hope someone else sides with me and belives this.

Level 4
No you're wrong. They all spammed in that thread. It's fucking 95 pages long. Have your bloody 'memories' over MSN. The Hive doesn't tolerate spam, there for the thread must go.

It's not spam. I don't see why you're getting so worked up. There was no need for the rude attitude and language. There was also no need to mock me.

Level 24
You think the thread should stay? Ok thats your opinion. But Shados is a moderator so its his choice whether he removed it or not. And you want that thread as a memory, a memory of nothing more then a 95 page long thread full of spam?

Eh it realy was 95 pages long?

yeah,becouse wc3sear mods DID tolerate spam, os even they spammed on that 95(!) page long thread. If mods didnt tolerate it, that wouldn't become "memories". LIke brad said, they got msn, right? or if they havent, take 10 minutes to make an account, and then "spam" on msn! it's faster, realtime!

Level 25
Yaknow, I almost wanted to stay away from this one

However, 95+ page topics are... Not impossible on any forum. And most of their posts aren't spam. So I'm seeing that several people have... NEVER IN THEIR LIFE BEEN TO A POPULAR FORUM WITH A PICTURES TOPIC

Because I've seen worse than 95 pages ones on forums far less popular than Search, and no spam posts in it

And no, we didn't tolerate spam. However, I see some people require a redefinition of what "Spam" entails

Level 36
No see, it was a spam thread. If you flip through it you'll notice it's mostly people making small talk with some pictures interspersed. Small talk can be done over MSN. Small talk goes under the category of mindless spam in my opinion. Like I already said, make another, but leave the spam out of it.

Level 6
Ralle made my day.

"I dont mind having spam threads on this site.. It is not gonna slow it down or anything.. And the more posts the "bigger" the site.."

So aka means what i do is fine :DD

power to Infuzions!

Level 22
I have to agree with sansui in this thread. The impression I got when all this started was that this was supposed to be a merger, not a takeover. My impressions were obviously wrong. Mods from this site have made little effort to incorperate mods from wc3sear.ch in descision making. You call all the threads for wc3sear.ch "spam" and cherrypick the topics you want to keep while not discussing it with us at all.

Overall I am very discouraged with how things have turned out. Uploaded AND downloading from wc3sear.ch has been disabled. Its members havent exactly been greeted warmly by the hive regulars. The search archive has not been transfered and posted. Mods from wc3sear.ch were supposed to have retained their postions- which has not happened. It just seems like hive took what they wanted to beef up their board stats and dump the rest.
I think search would have probably been better off where it was.
-VGsatomi

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Okay, I think it's time for an admin to interfere here!

Honestly, I don't know what's been going on in this thread, I trusted my moderators to take care of any violations (should any occur). I don't know if there's any old Wc3sear.ch members, which have been *re-introducing* themselves here at The Hive Workshop, havn't been givin a respectable warm welcome as any new or *old* member should have.
It doesn't sound like any Hive member (that I know of) to inslut a *newly* registered user or w/e it is that have been taken place.

However, I know that a lot of users around here cannot behaive correctly (I think that goes for both some Hive and *old* Wc3sear members)
And if that's true, then I'm terribly sorry and wish to apologize on behalf of the entire staff. The off-topic section is not (shouldn't be) the place to post just to get insluted, flamed or get any inappropriate response. If anyone experience any disrespectful reply from any user whatsoever, then please, PLEASE report it to a moderator or administrator for that matter. Then we will take care of any violations or disrespectful/inappropriate behavior.

VGsatomi said:
Mods from this site have made little effort to incorperate mods from wc3sear.ch in descision making.
I want to clarify that no moderators from this site takes any major decisions.
VGsatomi said:
You call all the threads for wc3sear.ch "spam" and cherrypick the topics you want to keep while not discussing it with us at all.

Overall I am very discouraged with how things have turned out. Uploaded AND downloading from wc3sear.ch has been disabled. Its members havent exactly been greeted warmly by the hive regulars. The search archive has not been transfered and posted. Mods from wc3sear.ch were supposed to have retained their postions- which has not happened. It just seems like hive took what they wanted to beef up their board stats and dump the rest.
I think search would have probably been better off where it was.
-VGsatomi
All this is quite worrying. Seems like the wrong people have givin you a wrong impression of The Hive Workshop. I will have to leave this between you and Ralle as of yet. There are issues mentioned above which I havn't been told of as such I cannot give you a decent explanation. I will have to let Ralle give me some information about this.

Keep it mind that The Hive Workshop is going under a major reconstruction.
Im sure that Ralle have the answers to all your questions, i'm just sad that I cannot give you any answer at this momment.

As for this thread, many of the above posts I've seen in this thread is not acceptable and WILL NOT be tolerated.
I'm closing this thread. Any moderator may remove any of the inappropriate posts in this thread, and unlock it afterwards.

Thread Closed.

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I am closing this thread now, pasting material from the PM I send VGsatomi.
Hello VGsatomi!
I am sorry to disappoint you.

The reason why we merged (I posted on wc3s before doing so) was because Darkys scripts were totally incompatible with my server and I couldn't do anything about quota.
All the people from wc3s would be happy to merge with me because that was probably the only solution.
I haven't got any pm's from mods wanting to obtain their position except from the ones already on the site.
I didn't disable wc3s' upload, their provider did..
I am doing everything I can to import the wc3sear.ch resources as fast as I can but the server upload speed is very slow.

We tried to do what we could to welcome the new members. But not all of them went right.. bitching about many things. But we really do what we can to make it a good place :)

I really do not want to disappoint you and do almost anything you tell me to.

Another thing is that after getting so many visitors we have to work on the rules and we are not 100% settled yet.

If you feel like, you can send me a list of the moderators YOU would want to me moderating the hive :) and we will look into it. We are still looking for more.

Ralle

Status
Not open for further replies.