• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Elf Etheral Crossbowman

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Space Elf Crossbowman by Han Han.

V2:
- Removed Custom Texture.
- His cape dont looks iron-made anymore =)
- Added a particle for attack.
- Now, the model has his own portrait, making the portrait file included in the package be optional. You can import it without the _portrait file, but it wont speak when you give it orders.

Warcraft in Space Lore:
The Space Elf Crossbowman is the second-line infantry unit of the Space Alliance of Azeroth. They proudly carries magic crossbows that fires etheral arrows on his enemy units. The Space Elves joined the Space Alliance of Azeroth after their home planet, Ethalas 5, got captured by the Space Trolls.

So, here I am, back with my warcraft in space models. I decided to back working on my warcraft-in-space models because I decided to make a map with them.

It has a portrait.

Instructions:
1) Import the files into your map.
2) Remove the war3mapimported\ from their names.

GIVE CREDIT FOR MY WORK.
Do not redistribute this model without consent.
You are free to modify this model to fit with your needs, but dont forget to give me credits.

Keywords:
Starcraft, Space, Elf, Archer, Crossbow, Etheral, Magic
Contents

Space Elf Etheral Crossbowman (Model)

Space Elf Etheral Crossbowman (Model)

Reviews
20:36, 13th May 2009 Pyritie: You might want to widen his waist a bit because at the moment he looks very effeminate. You should also fix the alpha on his cape, it's a bit sloppy. His cape and dangly bit in the front also look very stiff. 25th May...

M

20:36, 13th May 2009
Pyritie: You might want to widen his waist a bit because at the moment he looks very effeminate. You should also fix the alpha on his cape, it's a bit sloppy. His cape and dangly bit in the front also look very stiff.

25th May 2009
Pyritie: The normals on the cape are messed up. Make sure those vertices are welded!

Level 10
Filesize is friggin ridiculous for the model and his cape is as stiff as a sheet of metal.... other than that, i like the model it looks good

Well, the file is big because it comes with the portrait. Loading only the model without portrait, makes it weight just 100kb. I am also working to find how to animate the cape.

why does it need a custom texture?

Because the default priest texture dont fits with the theme.

Level 13
Just because you found a picture of some elves with guns it doesn't mean that it's normal. Most of the elves have used weapons like swords, (cross-)bows and magic. Elves are a fast and agile race, modern (heavy) weapons just don't fit^^
I like this model, although the idea itself fits as less as the plasma-gun-ownage thingy :O

Level 6
This seems like it could be useable for other things than space. A magic firing crossbow CAN be used as space thingy but also in normal warcraft/low technology maps. But its cool enough :thumbs_up:

Just because you found a picture of some elves with guns it doesn't mean that it's normal. Most of the elves have used weapons like swords, (cross-)bows and magic. Elves are a fast and agile race, modern (heavy) weapons just don't fit^^
I like this model, although the idea itself fits as less as the plasma-gun-ownage thingy :O

*sigh* that because in every lore they are in MEDIEVAL environment. Humans don't have machine guns either in a lore containing elves...

Etheral Crossbow!
It donf fire normal arrows, but etheral arrows.

Also, wich is the diference betwen this and the Starcraft Marines? They fire machineguns in the space and nobody tells shit about it.

oh great so it's ethereal and cannot hurt people :D Think what you say :D

ONTOPIC: I think that the first thing you need to do is to change his internal name from "priest" to whatever you're callin' him
dunno what else =/

~Misha~

Level 3
Personally, I find it useful. For instance, long-range sniper, fires lightning/magic particles. Then the cumbersome part makes sense as to the channeling medium being reasonabling close in equivalence to the output result. C'mon people, just because its not what YOU need doesn't mean no one else will put it to good use.

Rating: Useful

Level 16
i agree that a crossbow is a fitting weapon, but i would use some other
texture. just like the wooky crossbow from starwars...
i guess its a good model, but if you have problems with animating something
then just erase it and use something else instead like a Backpack
with etheral generators for the crossbow (doesnt have to be a big backpack).

Level 4
Cool,Man,I Like It But...Y'Know...Elves With Guns Aren't Exactly The Best Combination =/ Though i Understand What You Had In Mind When You Did This: "If Humans Have Marines And Stuff And Orcs Have A Lot Of Space Orcs,Why Not Futuristic Elves Too?"

P.S.: So Eoo Marcos,O Victor,Eae?Blzz? =]