• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Colonization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Silly ones. Everything I do is EPIC!!!.

But the question remains...How should we counter the anti-grav problem.

Simple really, create a space craft that is a ring, and spin the ring, creating a centrificle force gravity feild, so you could walk on the inside of the ring.

Level 26
Simple really, create a space craft that is a ring, and spin the ring, creating a centrificle force gravity feild, so you could walk on the inside of the ring.
It's true. CENTRIFUGAL force can be used to create artificial gravity. They're already using it to simulate Mars' gravity on mice.

Level 35
I already know about the ring idea. I even designed my own ring (got to talk to NASA people too) But a ring might not be effecient for all your artificial gravity needs.

For example a planet/moon with really low gravity. A spinning building might not be a good idea. I propose a genetic solution. Perhaps there is a way to make the body not atrophy when it is in an anti-grav state.

Level 26
or trees.
You're wrong

Tree.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.