Sonic the Hedgehog

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Alright everyone here is my Sonic the Hedgehog model that I said I was working on. I don't think its completely done but I wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

Also question for anyone who can answer this but why does his hair/spikes have such a heavy shadow on it most of the time?

This is based on gotenkz DBZBaseModel. I know I used that last time. But this time its undergone way super heavy reconstruction. I bet you can hardly see his model in mine huh?

Anyway rate me please with the rating thing and do it honestly. And give me your honest oppinions and ideas on how I could improve it. If you use this you don't have to give credits. But it would be nice if you did cuz its always nice to get credit for what you've spent your time on.

N. Zerox

By the way I do intend on updating this.

Update: Fixed a few things. Including Model name. Bigger updates will come in a bit.

Update 2: It now is shorter, spikes improved, better nose ect. What do you guys think could be improved now?

Sonicv1.jpg

Update 3: I apologize for the last upload the animations were bugged. With the help of Dan Van Ollus teaching me and helping me fix my bones they are now fixed and should work properly. Please redownload it now if you have the one with the rubber band animations as this is much better now.

Keywords:
Sonic, Zerox, Hedgehog
Contents

Sonic the Hedgehog (Model)

Reviews
Elenai: Rejected, he is like a rubber band sonic ingame... 18th Sep 2008 Pyritie: Still needs work, like the anims and such. He still doesn't really look like sonic at all. G.F.: Too long without any updates.
Level 17
seen the anims, very bad. did yo consider CnP-ing some other anims? runner perhaps actualy this is tottaly wrong model for Sonic. This is EL REJECTO

yo better try to do Sonic from scratch.

sinceerly..... Misha

Its improving. And I'm guessing your referencing when it had bugged animations. But that has been fixed now. Though I do agree I could impliment better ones.

Actually, i feel like the satyr's animations, with the exception of attack, would be fairly decent for a sonic model.

PrisonLove your pure genius. I would so agree. I think I'll go do that now. :thumbs_up:

good model 4/5

what db model you are making now ? ^^' xD

Glad you like it. By db do you mean Dragonball?

Shorter still? He's hardly even got legs now. He's like mega shorter.

it doesn't need to be shorter than now, it's just..... out of proportions. try making his arms and legs like thin tubes ans his body (torso and abdomen) even smaler (now it looks like a baloon) try to rework his body to what was the orig one, then shrink it to give him some slimness. (he's looking fat now) and also try to make his legs more close to each other

I wonder: Did yo ever saw Sonic in cartoons? i suggest yo do and take a snapshot. Then work.

Level 17
it doesn't need to be shorter than now, it's just..... out of proportions. try making his arms and legs like thin tubes ans his body (torso and abdomen) even smaler (now it looks like a baloon) try to rework his body to what was the orig one, then shrink it to give him some slimness. (he's looking fat now) and also try to make his legs more close to each other

I wonder: Did yo ever saw Sonic in cartoons? i suggest yo do and take a snapshot. Then work.

Okay thanks a lot for a very good reply. I have a good idea on how to improve him now. And of course I've watched the cartoons. Sonic X and Sonic Underground were amazing.

Level 5
to be honest; i'd start over....

have you had a look at sonic before starting your work? i guess not since yours is utter unproportional

the head has to take 1/3 of his total size
another 1/3 for body (1/6) and legs (1/6)
and 1/3 for his shoes

and so goes the rating: 1/5

just an insult of sonic

nvm

Level 7
Alright I'll go get a lot done on him. Apparently legs and arms skinnier and bigger shoes and a rounder body are the request to do to him I'll go do that.

@ shaun: I of course looked at sonic before doing this. I used reference pictures dude.

Zerox while this model has a low rating it is active which shows that people are interested in it. That's all that counts right? 4.8/5 due to great idea!

Ok, Sonic is pretty lanky with a large head (I'm using game references, not the cartoons; in the cartoons hes messed up looking).

You got his spikes WAAAAAAAAY off

http://www.notsheep.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/Sonic_SH.png

http://www.archiecomics.com/news/images/august2006/15th_sonic.gif

There are some good reference photos.

The transition from his body to his arms is TERRIBLE.

If you'd like some custom anims for him, I can do them, but first you have to have his mesh looking good.

I was making a sonic model with Lord_T a while back, but he never finished the mesh, and I suck at that sort of thing.

Level 6
It is crap. Sry what i sayed that but Sonic has small body, long legs and hands(but no much long), big head and huge hair. Hair ditails must be greater. Looks like you took Sugoku and make Sonic from him. This idea is shit. So please dont be leazy and make nice Sonic model. 1/5

not to interfere in ur opinion but no.. sonic isnt small. hes very round. at least the original model from the 90's.

Level 9
well this all does depend on which sonic look youre going for. if youre going to the 90s sonic look then he is rather round. however, if youre going for contemporary sonic, which i believe zerox said hes trying for, then he needs to be skinnier. regardless, in both cases the mid section of this model needs to be smaller, as in both the 90s and now, sonic has a bigger head than body.

Level 6
well this all does depend on which sonic look youre going for. if youre going to the 90s sonic look then he is rather round. however, if youre going for contemporary sonic, which i believe zerox said hes trying for, then he needs to be skinnier. regardless, in both cases the mid section of this model needs to be smaller, as in both the 90s and now, sonic has a bigger head than body.

didnt know he wanted the sonic x. guess i didnt read the information. anyhow this model looks like a guy dressed in a plastic sonic suit.