Sonic the Hedgehog

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Alright everyone here is my Sonic the Hedgehog model that I said I was working on. I don't think its completely done but I wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

Also question for anyone who can answer this but why does his hair/spikes have such a heavy shadow on it most of the time?

This is based on gotenkz DBZBaseModel. I know I used that last time. But this time its undergone way super heavy reconstruction. I bet you can hardly see his model in mine huh?

Anyway rate me please with the rating thing and do it honestly. And give me your honest oppinions and ideas on how I could improve it. If you use this you don't have to give credits. But it would be nice if you did cuz its always nice to get credit for what you've spent your time on.

N. Zerox

By the way I do intend on updating this.

Update: Fixed a few things. Including Model name. Bigger updates will come in a bit.

Update 2: It now is shorter, spikes improved, better nose ect. What do you guys think could be improved now?

Sonicv1.jpg

Update 3: I apologize for the last upload the animations were bugged. With the help of Dan Van Ollus teaching me and helping me fix my bones they are now fixed and should work properly. Please redownload it now if you have the one with the rubber band animations as this is much better now.

Keywords:
Sonic, Zerox, Hedgehog
Contents

Sonic the Hedgehog (Model)

Reviews
Elenai: Rejected, he is like a rubber band sonic ingame... 18th Sep 2008 Pyritie: Still needs work, like the anims and such. He still doesn't really look like sonic at all. G.F.: Too long without any updates.

M

Elenai: Rejected, he is like a rubber band sonic ingame...

18th Sep 2008
Pyritie: Still needs work, like the anims and such. He still doesn't really look like sonic at all.

G.F.: Too long without any updates.

Level 1
loo
ks nice cant wait to see it finished i like sonic
but i thought you were going to make a piccolo model(cant spell lol)anyways could you make a super saiyan goku model that wud save my life most people in the hive would be so happy especially me:thumbs_up:

Level 17
Kimberly people doesnt need credits !! gotenks gave people free permission to edit and he dont want credit !!

Thats what I told her. But she's in a big discussion over it with the mods. I hope that they sway her to her senses. :hohum: I don't understand why her opinion should out way multiple mod's though. I'm pretty sure that "it's a base character for other modelers to make anime/dbz models with." Means that I had full permission to edit it.

I also think I should be getting fair treatment since this guy's model, was approved no sweat and made from the same model as mine. Yet his highly resembles the original and not even close to as many changes have been made. What do you guys think?

wtf? edited gotenks?
no way dude :p
the mesh looks pretty odd ... should make it look more like normal one

Are you saying you can't tell that it was made from his model? :p Whats odd about the mesh and how do you suggest I improve it?

Level 4
Pretty nice considering the last sonic model had like 9 different textures.
But it needs a lot more shading, shorten the limbs big time.
But other wise i like it 2/2.

Level 17
dude thats really ugly no affense but thats probly the worst sonic model that i've ever seen and that fact that u based it off a dbz model makes that even worse xD

Um most people I've asked say they can't even tell it was based on the DBZ model. And its the second sonic model I've seen the only other one I've seen was attrocious. It looked almost nothing like sonic but the colors.

Umm his Limbs and Body are waay to long

Okay apparently a common complaint. I didn't really think so but I can make them shorter for you guys. :wink:

Pretty nice considering the last sonic model had like 9 different textures.
But it needs a lot more shading, shorten the limbs big time.
But other wise i like it 2/2.

Um the last Sonic model? I've seen only one and it had 1 texture and was hideous. I'll go get the picture of it. Any chance you could send me a pm that could tell me more about this other Sonic model?

Level 9
Honestly this model is atrocious, the way he stands is wrong, his limbs are too long, his head isnt big enough and his body is too big. he also doesnt seem to have a snout. dont base this off a dbz model, it wont work. and furthermore, his quills look like shit. Honestly it's a 1/10

you need to make it something more like this: Sonic the Hedehog

Last edited:
Level 9
it is however somewhat accurate, if you could make your model with the proportions of this one, but give it good textures and animations it would be an awesome model.

and P.S. sonic IS a cartoon.

he started as a video game character on a 2d platform, then went into comics, and then to a morning cartoon show. so i believe he's supposed to look cartoony lol

the big problem with the sonic you just showed us is the textures, his quills are too small, and his animations sucked. I've tried that model out. if you can make one better than that, i'll gladly revise my rating and will be eternally grateful, as i am actually seeking a GOOD sonic the hedgehog model, as well as knuckles the echidna.

Level 17
Thanks for your comments PrisonLove. You really lay it straight out and the truth. I appreciate that. And I know he's a cartoon character just that Sega's been making him more lifelike lately. I've been a Sonic fan since I was a tiny little munchkin. I own all the original games and the Sega Genisis to play them with. XD I also watched the cartoon shows and read the comics when I was younger. XD So I know all about his history. Its cool to find another person excited about Sonic as well. He really is neat. Anyway I'll try to update him soon.

@ JDT710: Glad you like it. And thanks for commenting. :D

The animations are pretty much fucked up after the changes. Arms and legs are strecthing.
Though you can fixing it by modifying the bones's positions in Model Editors "Node Manager". Just change the Z position to a lower value (mainly on the arms, hands, upper legs and waists).

I did a little bone tweaking myself to the model to see if the issue could be solved, so if you do not manage to solve it by yourself, I'll send you the fixed version via PM and Pastebin.

Level 17
Okay thanks for the flood of comments I now have an even better idea on how to fix it even more. XD Um so you guys don't like the new spikes/hair? Were the old ones better?

This is what I get needs to be fixed:

- Rounder Less Humanistic Head.
- Rounder Fatter Body.
- Skinnier Arms and Skinnier Legs.
- Big Shoes and Big Gloves/Hands.
- Still better shading.

My questions:

- How are the new spikes are they an improvement or worse than before?
- Do you like the new ears better?
- What do you think of the new nose?

Don't forget this:
Dan van Ohllus said:
The animations are pretty much fucked up after the changes. Arms and legs are strecthing.
Though you can fixing it by modifying the bones's positions in Model Editors "Node Manager". Just change the Z position to a lower value (mainly on the arms, hands, upper legs and waists).

I did a little bone tweaking myself to the model to see if the issue could be solved, so if you do not manage to solve it by yourself, I'll send you the fixed version via PM and Pastebin.

Level 17
Im not to familiar with DBZ is piccolo the green guy with antennas? If so he was my favorite when I used to watch the show :p...
Yeah I got a model of him up here actually. Not the best but its here. It'll get improved too. Its in the pending section.

Well, is better than the previous one but still is very square

Okay thanks. I know I need to make it more square.

@ Dan Van Ollus: I really appreciate the offer and that you explained to me how to fix it too. I get how to do it now since I did some tweaking with it. But could you maybe just send me the one you already fixed via pastebin and pm? I'd appreciate that because it would save me some time. I'd of course credit you for it. =)