• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sometimes Targets Are Very Confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm having trouble with an ability that can be cast on any hero that is organic and that cannot fly; it does not matter what team they belong to.

So far, I haven't been able to properly assign all of these qualified targets all at once. Does anyone know what I should click as allowed targets so as to make this ability work on the targets I desire?

In that same vein, I believe I have another ability that needs it's targets modified due to unsuccessful results. I have an ability that should be able to be cast on neutral heroes, and that's all.

I dare-say I'm in distress!

First you have to base it off an ability, that by default does not target air.
For example: I tried using Shadow Strike and made it target the following
Enemy, Friend, Ground, Hero, Neutral, Organic, Self.
I could target any hero, may it be the caster himself, friend, enemy, neutral and of course it has to be organic and a hero. Yet I could still target air.
So I've taken another ability that cannot target air by default (Entangling Roots) and gave it the same targets above.
Now I was unable to target air. Kinda strange isn't it? ;D

Level 6
First you have to base it off an ability, that by default does not target air.
For example: I tried using Shadow Strike and made it target the following
Enemy, Friend, Ground, Hero, Neutral, Organic, Self.
I could target any hero, may it be the caster himself, friend, enemy, neutral and of course it has to be organic and a hero. Yet I could still target air.
So I've taken another ability that cannot target air by default (Entangling Roots) and gave it the same targets above.
Now I was unable to target air. Kinda strange isn't it? ;D

Thank you very much! It worked nicely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.