• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some1 HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok listen, i have been off of the hive and wc3 for a long time for 1 reason, a virus (Trojan virus). Apperently it was a video file, i deleted it but its still there somewere. My windows defender detects it, tells me to restart computer to destroy it, then when i do its still there. I also have Zone Alarm Secuirit Suite or whatever bullkrap and it cant detect it either. I dont know what to do!. I have 2 options, kill my computer (erase everything on my computer and start completely fresh), or find this virus and kill the damn thing! So any virus genius' out there please help me!
P.S. Im so freken mad right now >..<

Level 36
Er... a trojan is short for Trojan Horse. You've ever heard of the myth? Basically what it does is acts as a gateway for viruses and other nasty stuff to get in, it isn't actually a virus itself. When you run your virus program... look for a Quarantine option, that will stop it from further spreading. If worst comes to worst.... look for the path that your antivirus software gives and go there to try and delete it manually... GL.

Level 8
If nothing helps, do this : System re-establishment

Your PC makes a back up of everything you have on your computer itself, so with the System re-establishment you can move back in time to one of these days when you PC did one of this back-ups, it should work.

That's what I did for a friend, and it worked perfect.

NOTE: If you do so, you "move back" in time, when you didn't get that virus, so you won't have all the others files you got after that day, so think first, if there is something really importend before you do so.

Good luck, it'll work.

Chaos

Level 36
It's called System Restore and it's being very prone to fail, you would be better off using a program like Norton Ghost or Roxio GoBack... but then you would have had to have them installed previously for them to work... so you could try using System Restore, but don't guarantee that it will work...

Level 32
Viruses and Antivirus Software

Computers that have been attacked by viruses must have reliable installed antivirus software to combat the problem. If the computer's BIOS has been infected, this process can be especially difficult.

Speak with your system administrator or seek help from professionals if you are stumped. Expect to pay at least $ US 30.00 and suffer data loss before resolving the difficulties. If you know the exact name of the virus you can learn more at Trend Micro Their database can also be searched.

The best antivirus system is (IMO) Norton AntiVirus It's powerful and flexible.

Please don't download files from the internet (especially .exe files) or open E-Mail attachments without first scanning them with a reliable antivirus program.

My personal home page provides links to many antivirus sites and tools (just click my signature image and browse to the antivirus page).

Level 10
Get Pest Trap, its a very good firewall that detects trojan and deletes it, it will come back though, to keep it from comming back you will have to restard your computer.

You will have to pay for it though, and you can't host games on warcraft3 even if you closed your firewall.

Level 3
I believe the only thing i have left is to wipe everything on my computer off. I have nothing left to keep, it deleted my RPG, my Sheep tag, all of the things i worked on that were cool are all gone. So im just probably goin to wipe it. Ive tried norton and that pest thing and neither detect it. My windows defender (the 1 that comes with windows xp) is the only one that can detect it. I know its there becuase when i try to play Warhammer 40000 Dark Crusade it doesnt work and its all run down and slow. I cant even play in on the lowest when i could paly it on the highest!

Last edited:
Level 10
I believe the only thing i have left is to wipe everything on my computer off. I have nothing left to keep, it deleted my RPG, my Sheep tag, all of the things i worked on that were cool are all gone. So im just probably goin to wipe it. Ive tried norton and that pest thing and neither detect it. My windows defender (the 1 that comes with windows xp) is the only one that can detect it. I know its there becuase when i try to play Warhammer 40000 Dark Crusade it doesnt work and its all run down and slow. I cant even play in on the lowest when i could paly it on the highest!

Yeah, your computer is pretty screwed up I guess, start everything over, but to make sure you don't loose anything precious, save it to a disk.

Level 6
Status
Not open for further replies.