1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Altered Melee] Some race ideas

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by Michael Peppers, Dec 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sxar

Sxar

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    no problem, that's the idea of the brainstormxD

2. BrazilEmperor

BrazilEmperor

Resources:
    Resources:
    why you not mix Kobolds with Gnolls,Ogres,Razormanes,etc to be a full race?

3. Michael Peppers

Michael Peppers

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is just an idea thread, out of all that is here nothing is getting worked on atm. ;)

4. Banelingline

Banelingline

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, I ran into some trigger design that might prove useful for subrace mechanics. The result of the setup I went with, which involves just one Event and one Condition (Unit - Generic Unit Event - A unit finishes training a unit for the event, Unit - Type Comparison - Trained Unit Equal to {unit} for the condition), but the test setup I went with involves five actions. For each of the two versions. Namely, Player - Set Max Research Level for Black Gunpowder and Studded Leather Armor to 2 for when you train a Footman, as well as Player - Set Research Level to 1 for Iron Forged Swords and Iron Plating. Then Player - Set Training/Construction Availability of Unit for Rifleman to Unavailable. Also Trigger - Turn Off - This Trigger, for the obvious reason of letting you research later levels without it being undone when you train another of the unit.

The thought of this version of the setup is to have it so that you can essentially choose a unit type to have elites of at the start of the game, then disable the elites of the other categories and automatically shift the available upgrades, essentially specializing your force with your first trained unit. Could be overlapping training access, so you have the elite version instead of the standard version. An important note is that you can make custom upgrades, use alternate Actions and go about options in a very different way, including making that first trained unit actually be an elite by altering its statline, as I did for the Rifleman in the test map attached. Using four extra actions in the process, one to change name (yes, you can do that!), one to give an extra 115 health, one to make it so they actually spawn with that extra max health (the fact they don't by default can be useful) and one to give it 10 extra attack damage. Not going to list each of those triggers like I did for the first paragraph...

Attached Files: