• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mini-Mapping Contest #7 - Boss Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HammerFist132,

[Are WoW models/icons allowed for contest?] I think that using WoW models is a bad idea but you can use WoW icons and credit Blizzard.
[Can I do Boss fight with 3 bosses?] Of course, do your best :)
[Are terrain textures from WoW allowed because there is no many terrain texturs on thw?] Why not? :) But I insist you to use default tiles.
[Do we need to kill first some mobs before bosses or we start instant from bosses or we can do how we want?] Do how you want but keep it interesting ;)

Level 37
Okay I guess I'll need to do a decent terrain too then. I just started doing my entry and here's first picture.

EDIT: Is it possible that I could after the contest use my entry for my other projects? Is this allowed? That way I could hit two birds with one stone and gives me immense motivation boost.

Attachments

• Boss Fight 1.jpg
    Boss Fight 1.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 274
Level 37
Heyyyy.

I've been working hard today. Here are some more pictures.

Also the basic structure of the map is now done and soon it's all about making the boss itself. Terrain is just 50%.

Attachments

• Boss Fight 2.jpg
    Boss Fight 2.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Boss Fight 3.jpg
    Boss Fight 3.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Boss Fight 4.jpg
    Boss Fight 4.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 120
Level 29
Ok I have an idea, my boss will have different level of strength, if played on one player, it'll be 10x stronger, if 2 then 20x stronger and so on...
Im plannig it like an arcade game as well...
Hopefully I can make a screenshot by the weekend...

but a quick question, when talking about 'phase-by-phase' style, it means like this?
PH1 - boss's speed is 50%
PH2 - boss's speed is 75%
PH3 - boss's speed is 100%

but a quick question, when talking about 'phase-by-phase' style, it means like this?
PH1 - boss's speed is 50%
PH2 - boss's speed is 75%
PH3 - boss's speed is 100%

Idea about phases are something like this:
Ph1- He is fighting on 100%-70%(hp) - With some spell lets say Fire breath and Bash
Ph2- He he enter phase 2 70%-25%(hp) - With gets inraged and has spell Fire nova and higher armor.
Ph3- He he enter phase 3 25%-0%(hp) - With gets mad and has spell Dying Breath.

So main things about phases are based on His HP but they. When he get low hp he gets stronger spell, attack, armor etc. But it cannot be always like this

Now about me xD. I have written work today but for weekend I will add some my pictures, but really I do not think to I am epic like -Kobas- or Aeroblactos

Level 37
I forgot to say good luck to everyone here.

So far here's my progress:

Terrain: 35%
Player heroes, abilities and items: 100%
Boss phase 1: 50%
Boss phase 2: 20%
Boss phase 3: 0%

Overall progress: 30%.

I'm doing great actually, with just two days and I'm this far. I'm a machine(well okay I admit I had yesterday free day)!

Level 11
Okay here's my work in progress so far.

I have an idea where the boss is a freaking huge giant beast (demon) of fire that fights right from a sort of lava pit. Dunno if i explained myself.

My map will be played by 1 player only and with a fixed character (maybe some sort of barbarian, wizard or warrior), but he will be able to fully customize his skillset. I am still looking for some best boss model with more animations.

Some images from terrain so far (still lots of work to do):

attachment.php

(Overall terrain scratch)

attachment.php

(Boss's lava pit)

attachment.php

Lava pit almost done from WE. (Ingame looks MUCH better with glow and particles and shit).

Also i alredy got most of the sound and SFX stuff, i just have to pick a theme song suited for battle against the very same hell.

Help?
I have not done much thinking on boss phase or boss model itself. If you have some ideas, please share!

Attachments

• Terrain1.png
    Terrain1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 203
  • Terrain2.png
    Terrain2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 269
  • Terrain3.png
    Terrain3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 214
Level 9
Okay here's my work in progress so far.

I have an idea where the boss is a freaking huge giant beast (demon) of fire that fights right from a sort of lava pit. Dunno if i explained myself.

My map will be played by 1 player only and with a fixed character (maybe some sort of barbarian, wizard or warrior), but he will be able to fully customize his skillset. I am still looking for some best boss model with more animations.

Some images from terrain so far (still lots of work to do):

attachment.php

(Overall terrain scratch)

attachment.php

(Boss's lava pit)

attachment.php

Lava pit almost done from WE. (Ingame looks MUCH better with glow and particles and shit).

Also i alredy got most of the sound and SFX stuff, i just have to pick a theme song suited for battle against the very same hell.

Help?
I have not done much thinking on boss phase or boss model itself. If you have some ideas, please share!

OMG! my idea is very similar, is a lava-boss I guess I am goin' to change it a little... Imma make it lava-skeleton kind of a boss ahahaha :p

Mine is about a dwarven mine that has been attacked by necromancers that believe that there are demon corpes on the mines and they want to bring him back to life, it is a 1 player game with only 1 hero and the player needs to stop the necromancers from bringin' him back to life (which they do and then u have to kill him). There will be a little path before the boss fight just so u know your hero's power and to give the map a little bit more magic and suspense. So my idea is basicly a dwarven mine attacked by necromancers that bring back to life a skeleton god or demon or whatever and a dwarf hero (player) comes to kill him and save the mine.

I can't post pictures because I am not at my house but as soon as I get home I will post some pictures and shizz :p

btw gl to everybody! :D

Level 4
Ok I have an idea, my boss will have different level of strength, if played on one player, it'll be 10x stronger, if 2 then 20x stronger and so on...
Im plannig it like an arcade game as well...
Hopefully I can make a screenshot by the weekend...

Oh great... I was on a similar idea. Anyway I'm not certain I can finish it.

Yehey!, I've finally created my WIP, it's still 10% done though :(...as you can see it resembles arcade thingy, after 1 minutes the boss will appear...

When we finish this contest I would like to contribute and improve terrain a lot, I can work with destructibles instead doodads so we can "set graphic" with triggers, or even change environment (blasts, explosions etc etc).

Nice idea, I had same but I can't help myself creating something like that will take 2 much time and it will never be completed for me because I always seek perfection :sad:

Good job :)

Level 9
sure and thanks, terrain of this is still 5% complete though, I'll try my best for it coz like I
said Im very bad in terraining, good luck to everyone!...

You got an awesome idea right there dude u sure will make it to the finals if u can pull it off the right way. I have some terrain feedback for u i hope u dont mind uhmmm i loved the idea and dude like if u make all the trees and stuff like that small and the fliying things lil smaller too it will give it a feelin that u flying very high and that will make it look waaaay better if u know what i am tryin to say ahaha gl :p

btw my map status is:
Terrain 95%
Triggers 75%
Units 85%
Sound 95%
Descriptions 65%

My status

Terrain 0%
Hero 0%
Triggers 0%
Mobs 0%
Items 0%
Idea 65%
That is pure true but don't warry I will work hard on terrain for about two hourses and then upload pictures of it. I have epic idea for terrain xD for about 3,5 hours I will upload pictures and all feedbacs mean for me much xD. I am creating game with two bosses and I am hoping to I will finishh it in time.xD

Level 9
Oh, you're pretty ready there.

I got some problems with doing all the coding but I think I'll handle this.

Yeaaah ahahaha the past 3 days its been rainignand I had to work until 12 only so the rest of the day i been mappin' :p i dont really get to do this very often so i am really enjoying it ahahah :p

Here are some pictures of my work so far

I want to point out that I want the map to look like u are very deep in a mine and theres lava everywhere, in-game it does not look this bright, for some reason when i took the picture the glowing effects raised a lot but then you in-game it looks perfect, not much glowing and not too little either... First one is when u start the game, second one is your first encounter with a necromancer, third one is about a lava giant and some elementals fliying from the lava into the path, fourth one is the gate to the boss fight site and the last one is just a random pic from a spot on the boss fight site... i know the last one looks really bright but in-game it does not... trust me :p

feedback is very welcome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.