• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mapping Competition #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
That's the whole point. He also still submitted a map without proper naming, so that makes 2 valid reason why his entry is not valid for submission. So unless the rules of the contest suddenly are worthless, it's game over for him. I don't dislike him for any reason, I'm just making sure the rules are there for a reason.

Level 25
How the hell could i wrote the credits ingame IF i didn't even had time to finish the map?

I mean i said that i will post them here because of that reason and in fact that is a bit of rule bending but it's not like i want to gain advantage over anyone, i just stated that i didn't have time to do so in the map itself so i will post them here.

EDIT:

If you want expect this site to have it's rules and guidelines followed strictly you are on the wrong site.

This site has screwed me over a bunch of times, so i wouldn't even care if i had to leave and never come back again.

Level 9
When I tried to target a bookshelf and a candle in the library in the first house it became fatal error.:angry:

- I have no idea why that happened, I actually never got a fatal error, maybe you were just unlucky.

@Kingz
- Since Credits is a must and takes only about a minute, maybe 20 minutes with polishing, you should take care of it in time. Keeping your general goals in the To-Do list is a skill required in these kind of situations.

- Also naming the map is a must and takes less than a minute, 5 minutes to think of one. Your mistake was to leave them to last minute.

@Kingz
- Since Credits is a must and takes only about a minute, maybe 20 minutes with polishing, you should take care of it in time. Keeping your general goals in the To-Do list is a skill required in these kind of situations.

- Also naming the map is a must and takes less than a minute, 5 minutes to think of one. Your mistake was to leave them to last minute.
Well i think he could be excused, since he couldn't even finish his map....I mean nothing is going right these days after all and the contest is screwed up , there were problems with the deadline, some uploaded their map after the deadline...

Level 25

- Also naming the map is a must and takes less than a minute, 5 minutes to think of one. Your mistake was to leave them to last minute

If you can actually tell me honestly that the first thing you do when you create a map is give it a name i will apologize to you else...

Also maybe your credit list takes 5 minutes but i got a load of people to give credits, for all the custom stuff(skins,models,code,etc...).

EDIT:

Isn't it a normal thing to give credits when you finish something, not when you start it?

Level 19
All this whining about Kingz' stuff... Come on guys shut up.
You find someone in a weak position and all start to whine about his mistakes or whatever. He made a .txt document, well he could post that one in his map IFFFF this wasn't a contest with a deadline where you can't post a new map anymore. Get my point? Even if he would want to post them in the map, he can't do that anymore because this is a freaking contest!!!
And why does everyone care about "the rules" so much. "The Rules" also say that you shouldn't claim resources to be your own while they aren't. I bet that in this 111 pages thread I can find multiple things that are against "the rules" already.

Oh and to answer the Fatal Error issue from Vergil's map.
I'm 99% sure it's caused because you loaded the map. If you save a map it isn't a problem, but when you start loading a map some things will get fucked up. Don't know what kind of things exactly, but seen this before on single player maps.

Level 18
If you can actually tell me honestly that the first thing you do when you create a map is give it a name i will apologize to you else...
I will tell you honestly: As soon as I have an idea for a map that I'm planning to make, I think of a name and put that in the map.

Isn't it a normal thing to give credits when you finish something, not when you start it?
I give credits while making the map. If I'd use a lot of imports, I better have them in my map immediately before I forget where I got them from.

"The Rules" also say that you shouldn't claim resources to be your own while they aren't. I bet that in this 111 pages thread I can find multiple things that are against "the rules" already.
Tell me where. I haven't seen a single 1, since all that's being uploaded here are maps made for specifically this contest. And unless somebody stole someone else's map and uploaded it here under his own name, that rule is still unbroken on this thread.

Level 15
avator go be an a** somewhere else and just leave king be already hmm?

I will tell you honestly: As soon as I have an idea for a map that I'm planning to make, I think of a name and put that in the map.
everyone doesnt think the same way fyi dont tell me you've never forgotten to do something.

I give credits while making the map. If I'd use a lot of imports, I better have them in my map immediately before I forget where I got them from.
and again ppl think different ways he might of wanted to focus on finishing then give credit.

Tell me where. I haven't seen a single 1, since all that's being uploaded here are maps made for specifically this contest. And unless somebody stole someone else's map and uploaded it here under his own name, that rule is still unbroken on this thread.
hmm ok about 30 double posts 18 off-topics. i think we even got warnings from hawk. then some late turning ins past the deadline. among other things.

Level 9
[...] Oh and to answer the Fatal Error issue from Vergil's map.
I'm 99% sure it's caused because you loaded the map. If you save a map it isn't a problem, but when you start loading a map some things will get fucked up. Don't know what kind of things exactly, but seen this before on single player maps.

I'm sorry I don't quite get you... By load you mean upload?

PS: I'm off the conversation, it got a little... silly.

Level 3
When will people be able to vote? Will there be a poll or something in this thread? Or will it be in a new thread?

Level 25
I attached the credit list file in this post.

Also i apologize to Syelona for all this mess as i feel responsible for it, if i knew this was going to happen i wouldn't have joined the contest.

EDIT:

I forgot to credit people for the resources i used from UTM, will update the credit list later.

Attachments

• Credit List.txt
    678 bytes · Views: 86
Level 19
I'm sorry I don't quite get you... By load you mean upload?

PS: I'm off the conversation, it got a little... silly.

Nono with load I mean load:p. You know you can save a game by pressing F10 and 'save game'. Well blizzard also placed a button there called 'load saved game' or 'load game'.:grin: This so you can save your game, quit wc3 and get something like candy (jummy) and load your game again to continue playing from where you saved it.

Level 21
Ho Hive!

Hey chaps.

I've played all maps by now and found out, that several can't be finished. I want to get sure of this by asking everyone for their experiences.

[HIDDEN="Kingz - Tear of Gabriel:"Spoiler]
Couldn't get along after finishing the cathedral and several riddles. Guess it's just in unfinished shape, as Kingz already stated here.[/HIDDEN]

Last edited:
Level 21
@ Amigurumi:

[HIDDEN="I found the blood orb by accident now..."Spoiler again]
I typed something in the chat and the map told me, that i would be "too far away", by then i knew that this is how i have to answer the dwarfs question. But seriously, you should've stated this in F9 infos, as well as the fact, that there might be players who do not know how to sway the camera angles, which would be necessary to solve the book riddle of the librarian.[/HIDDEN]

Thx for the quick reply!

can someone put links to posts with maps I want to try them out but there are just too many posts and I wasnt wisiting this thread everyday so I dont know where to look even even better would be to put links on frontpage.
I think i forgot some of them, but here are the ones i've seen:

Last edited:
Level 21
Level 14
@ A]mun

I tested Leraux with a bunch of my friends, and a couple of them beat it; so yes, it's possible. I've also heard from a few Hive members who completed it as well. If you need a hint, feel free to PM me.

The runes don't have an immediate effect, but solving them is necessary to continue.

Level 21
@ Softmints:

Yeah, i did it all before, but in your older version, lawl. I realised that while i added the links to the map entries here... fortunately. Will play again now and post my reviews afterwards.

Edit: Yeah true... the sword has been missing ;D. I've done it now, knew there's been something wrong. Great map, reviews coming soon.

Last edited:
Level 11
A]mun;1488950 said:
Hey chaps.

I've played all maps by now and found out, that several can't be finished. I want to get sure of this by asking everyone for their experiences.

[HIDDEN="Ardnived - Lumen:"Spoiler]
Couldnt progress through the sapphire tower, cams had reached their peak of defectiveness there. Tried to find a new way, heading back to the start. Didn't discover anything new and i highly guess it is just unfinished and buggy.[/HIDDEN]

As I said previously, the windows side of my computer completely just collapsed a few days before the deadline, and since I was using JNGP I was unable to continue on my mac. I wasn't even to balance it or put in any safe guards, or fix cameras or anything.

Yes I know the Sapphire Tower is near impossible to navigate. It isn't easy creating pathing for 3 levels on top of each other! And I don't really expect anyone to go past there.

However If you do move your guy to a certain point in the tower (By a desk with a bunch of books on it), you will get 2 readable books and be able to go around and activate all the runes. But that is the absolute limit to where I got, I was unable to add the completion of the rune puzzle.

Level 8
However If you do move your guy to a certain point in the tower (By a desk with a bunch of books on it), you will get 2 readable books and be able to go around and activate all the runes. But that is the absolute limit to where I got, I was unable to add the completion of the rune puzzle.
Well not really. Cuz the bridge right next to the tower is bugged and is closed from all 4 directions so you cant continue to activate all runes. I searched everywhere and couldnt find from where do I continue...

Level 8
That too. There was no pathing after the second floor. And not to mention that getting to the first floor I did by bugging myself and "teleporting" up infront of the door to the books room. It was done by just tryin to walk inside the tower. Instead of goin inside it went on the stairs.

Level 7
Okay, first post is updated with the links. Would have done it anyway, just had a very busy week. Now I'm getting on detailed reviews on the maps. I already have played most of them, but had some serious blocks with some puzzles (or perhaps bugs).

Either way, I should finish the whole review process by the end of next week.

Level 21
@ Ardnived:

Yeah, i've found these. Unique implementation with the books btw, i liked it ;D. Okay, thanks for making that clear, because i hate it to make reviews for projects on wrong, or unclear expectations.

Level 21
Hey @ Poppyhead!

Didn't you make the Treasure Cave? Great map, played it back then when it's been released. Would like to see something new! So any new projects coming?

Cheerio

Level 5
A]mun;1493873 said:
Hey @ Poppyhead!

Didn't you make the Treasure Cave? Great map, played it back then when it's been released. Would like to see something new! So any new projects coming?

Cheerio

Yeah. thats why i wish i joined this competition. I want to make one more map before i switch to sc2. I don't have any ideas yet but I want to make a really good adventure map.

Status
Not open for further replies.