• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soj template help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So i seen Sonofjay's tempate called Soj_template and for those who seen it would like to ask them if they know how was the map made.I mean you seen theres no ground displayed like the models are lowered down with (CTRL+PageDown) and you can still see them and it really looks like a castle or what so ever so,could any1 explain it to me im dying to find out this method of terraining :vw_death: :eekani:

Level 21
The ground is actually there at the top level where units walk, but it uses a custom imported transparent tile which hides it. So if you were to use the raise/lower tool anywhere on the map, units that walk on that area would appear to walk up into the air or down through the doodads.

You can see ground level in the editor by hitting G to bring up the terrain grid. All of the doodads lowered below the ground were cleverly placed to give the illusion that units aren't walking at ground level.

Status
Not open for further replies.