1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SoA - Coming of the Horde V2.0

Submitted by Anaxie
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Download is the First mission of SoA V2.0
Heavily revamped from the original. HARD

~New areas
~New models
~Challenging gameplay
~3 powerful artifacts waiting to be discovered. And to overcome what lies ahead.

With the release of SoA2 after 15 years

Deicide and I decided now would be the best time to release a classic

Released back in 2003 Saga of Azeroth - Coming of the Horde was one of the first Custom Campaigns created for Warcraft 3.

Below is the first playable mission of Saga of Azeroth - Coming of the Horde V2.0

Feedback and criticism requested.

What did you struggle with?
Are you able to finish the level?
How many secrets did you find?

Ur'Aman has been retooled to his strength.
Getting to his target and making them Dead
Wind Walk: has replaced Shock wave even at level 1 wind walk will allow Ur'aman to bypass large groups and annihilate his prey

Howl: Crippling targets around him and dealing moderate damage. Wind Walk to the center of a group and let them know terror.

Critical strike: Bash has been replaced. With his heightened attack speed and his Frenzy Ultimate Ur'Aman is a force to be reckoned with

Haste: Haste ultimate and it's 0 mana cost from the original remain.

bear in mind SoA was never an easy campaign. This experience will be magnified but with suitable rewards for the challenge.

Screenshots SOON!

Resource credits:
Previews
Contents

SoA - Coming of the Horde (Campaign)

Reviews
Championfighter25
Normally campaigns that have 1 mission shouldn't be uploaded right away in the map section but should be in the map development section. But to the review ( warning there are a lot of nitpicks): - The campaign doesn't have its prologue - Chapter 1...
deepstrasz
Set to Substandard as the author will not work on it any further.
  1. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    At further inspection I think I made it too easy. Going to alter loot tables and probably drop a few starting units

share your experience.

2. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    So this is only the first mission revamped, correct? One of the best missions of custom made campaigns

I just started replaying the original and I noticed how much better I had actually gotten to the game, since when I first played this a couple of years back, it seemed really difficult. At the moment I just beat the map defending Stormwind and I destroyed both orc camps before the timer for reinforcements even passed. Achievement unlocked I suppose.

3. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
  4. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Normally campaigns that have 1 mission shouldn't be uploaded right away in the map section but should be in the map development section.

But to the review ( warning there are a lot of nitpicks):
    - The campaign doesn't have its prologue
    - Chapter 1 doesn't have its proper loading screen
    - The level 10 deeplord revenant, along with the 3 level 8 revenant of depths should not be placed at the beginning of the map. Spread them out a bit. I managed to kill them later, but barely. And I lost almost all my troops. I know this campaign is supposed to be hard, but this is going a bit overboard.
    - The Hydras at the beginning of the map belong to the ogre team
    - The necrolyte you rescue from the smaller Laughing skull clan settlement doesn't have full mana.
    - The warlock you rescue from the Laughing skull clan base doesn't have full mana.
    - I know this is a big nitpick, but the fountain of health should be invulnerable
    - If I enable the Necrolyte's curse or frost armor on auto-cast it weirdly exchanges places with one of his other abilities
    - You should add the Q, W, E and R hotkeys to all units and heroes. This applies to all other chapters.
    - The cutscene of them finding the rift triggered while I was fighting the Draenei on top of the small hill. Yes, I know it's a nitpick, but it shouldn't happen.

I like the new items and areas you've added, just needs a bit more polishing. I won't rate it yet and will wait for the full release before I do so.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  5. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    the difficulty of the revenants for reward provided is intended. Camp placement will be revamped to prevent swarming.

Fountain of health isnt invulnerable for a reason for it being green try destroying it. guess the secret was very subtle.

Rift Cutscene is a proximity trigger. since you can technically see the portal at that location he did find the rift.
    Frost armor and curse is swapping is something from original
    Rescued unit mana is from original
    QWER should mostly implement itself with a Customkeys.txt I'll see about adding it baseline

Prologue not being there is intended this is just map 1
    Loading screen was oversight it's fixed. SoA has this weird bug from original everytime you would ever edit it the loading screens would disable entirely.
    Hydras are getting axed at the start might just keep an Elder only.

Level cap likely going to be raised to level 4 or 5.

and most importantly Wind Walk will be replaced by.....

Cutting Edge v1.1b

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  6. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    That was mostly my problem, their placement allowed them to decimate my troops easily. And I do agree the item is worth it in the end.

It's a bit too time-consuming. :D
    And that 150,000 health doesn't help. D:
    The item it gives is good though.

I know, but that doesn't mean you should leave them exactly the same way and not fix them. This is a revamp after all.

The mission is still passable with a level cap of 3. I'm not trying to say that a cap of 5 will make it too easy, but just that I don't think its necessary to raise it.

Also, another bug I found you might want to look into, is when I first encounter the Laughing Skull clan, sometimes the cutscene won't trigger. Don't know what exactly causes it.

7. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    theres a proximity trigger to the laughing skull camp itself the outer guards never triggered it.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Set to Substandard as the author will not work on it any further.