• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So... will people still play WC3?

In the face of Starcraft II, will you remain faithful to WCIII?

• I'm staying with WCIII

Votes: 94 61.4%
  • I've already gotten SCII; goodbye WCIII

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I'm thinking about gettign SCII, and will stop from WCIII if I get it.

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • I'm too poor to afford SCII, so I'm stuck with WCIII

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Dude 5.000.000 or more people play Dota per week ^^
And dota is only 1 map
If only 0.001% of that number play any other map that is 5.000 people per map ^^

wc3 won't die so easily :thumbs_up:

Where you got the information about 5 mil players play dota?

And yes, if the players number IS this huge bnet never die since bnet is solo one on one max of 8 players same time and 12 players same time on custom (game long is about 30 minutes) , having this huge number of players can assure that you ALLWAYS find players!.
PS!!!
Warcraft makers can make +3 heroes and more netural towers or something as cool as that if the players number ever drops - Since drow ranger and beastman and panda the players number actualy grown
PS#2!!!!
Note the picture how much games are played 1,800 << warcraft III frozen throne comparing to global bnet of 32,000.

Last edited:
Level 19
One thing is, Warcraft III has survived many events till today and I'm sure it'll survive being eaten by Starcraft II or something else because somebody is going to find a way to make its population mass boost once more.

PS: Warcraft III in my opinion will never die out because it has way more programs suited for its editor (Mostly created by players, which allows them to explore deeper into the editor) compared to most other games with an editor. Plus many different maps are generated daily to prevent the game from being boring:)

Simply put:

images

Level 19
Even if Starcraft II comes out, I am very sure many people will still be buying Warcraft III, because of it's features and massive community. So Warcraft III for the win:)

Level 5
So it's concluded, Warcraft III is living, will live and will almost never stop living.

Nah, we just need to wait for all the epic games to start coming out. Diablo 3, SWTOR... Black Ops? LBP2? And so much more. I already know of a few people who're going to be leaving to play SWTOR when it comes out.

Level 12
That's not entirely true. They're both great games, in their own ways. While Warcraft III is more friendly, more can be done, and more precisely/overall betterly (if that's a word) with StarCraft II. They each have advantages and disadvantages. It's like saying Crysis 2 has come, and people will stop using Garry's Mod and go to Crysis 2 because it's newer/better, or that Crysis 2 sucks and people will always stick with Garry's Mod. They're totally different, and both have their own advantages/disadvantages. One does have better graphics, but that doesn't make it any better.

Level 35
in conclusionl, dont worry cuz in the end war 3 is better than sc2...

the future of gaming is lame games with good graphics

I could not agree more. This is what I've said for years. There are lots of people who disagree, but those are the people that get pwned when it comes to a question of actual gameplay.

Starcraft 2 has so much imbalance. The Terran are just monstrous. Let's take a look back at Starcraft 1. For the Zerg, your first actual attack units are Zerglings. This of course remains true for Starcraft 2. The stats are exactly the same and so are the upgrades. No changes were made as there was balance in Brood War regarding Zerglings. For the Protoss, Zealots are the first attack unit. They originally had a speed upgrade. This has been replaced by an upgradeable Charge ability which has a similar effect (just means running away is harder unless you micro Charge on a unit that lies in the direction you want to go to). This is sort of a debuff if anything.

Now look at the Terran Marines. They have an extra 5 health from the word go. This may seem small, but it does mean one extra Stim Pack without Medis. Additionally, they have an upgrade that gives them a further 10 health. That's an extra Stim Pack. Stim Pack itself grants more of a movement speed boost than it ever did in Brood War. Banelings with Speed Upgrade on Creep can't catch up with Stim Pack Marines. The thing that makes it worse is the distance isn't even close. Obviously this is due to Blizzard being run by Activision. Activision are not the brainiest when it comes to balance. This is probably why Starcraft 2 has been a huge dissapointment, much like World of Warcraft after the Burning Crusade. The original World of Warcraft was good, although it was never my cup of tea.

Anyway, the reason Warcraft 3 will still be used is because it was made by the original Blizzard that made Starcraft 1. The makers of Starcraft 2 are... different (I don't want to say how bad Acitivision on a public channel, might get sued as that is a primary source of their income. In my defense, they are terrible at making games. No idea how they have survived for so long. The concept of balance obviously eludes them).

And that is my contribution to this page. That is all.

Level 19
I hope that Blizzard who make a patch for Warcraft III to aid it in continuing, so that a lot more players will join daily. I wouldn't want Warcraft III to lose its wonderful players...

Level 8
if they dont learn how to make new games, at least they should start making remakes of old games with more units, or just keep doing expansions.

besides war3 has 4 races and they are more different between each other (they collect resources diferently), what can be criticized is that 2 resources seems to basic, but its decent game nevertheless

Level 19
Also, players seem to be making races of their own and creating new ideas for Warcraft, which further concludes that it is being productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.