• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Snippet] List Optimum Speed

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
eh, I just code lists etc from scratch.

It is currently the fastest lib for these structures =)

Coming from someone who goes nuts over long variable names. This thing is a steaming mess. If anything, this should be a tutorial or repository. The API is nowhere near good enough to actually use it the way it is.

Level 31
Well, I did code this almost 2 years ago.

But the API is designed on 3 levels-
macro level
module level
struct level

This way, one can do collections on those 3 levels.

However, this does need an update on the variable names as well as documentation on the different collections and Dequeue name needs to change to List.

However, this design is still faster than any other multi instanced Linked List design on any other site.

And again, the reason I don't use this is because I always code my collections from scratch =). However, if someone didn't want to code it from scratch, then a resource is here. If someone wanted to code portions from scratch or use the operations, the macros/modules are there.

Allocate/Deallocate need updates as well : o