• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SMotA v1.00

Sacred Masters of the Arctic is an AoS that focuses on the balance, coherency, themes, and uniqueness of heroes. Its hero count currently stands at 110.

Changelogs: http://smotamap.blogspot.com/

Note: Yes, there were versions v0.01, v0.02, v0.03, v0.03b, etc.

Keywords:
SMotA, AoS, nargaque, TheImmortalOne
Contents

SMotA v1.00 (Map)

Reviews
Heero: Well, the map is based on Dota, altough some alternatives what makes it fun to play.
Level 2
The map is good. Outposts, map size, the number of heroes.. Good.
4.5/5
But, maybe you should focus on quality rather than quantity.
Most heroes have simple, overused disables, and many have global spells.
Pls, make an AI version.

Level 7
One criticism I got of the map is that it can be a bit slow, and the reason for this is because lets say two heros have a scuffle in the middle. 1 wins, the other doesn't. The 1 that wins now maybe has low hp and may have to go back to the base to regen back up. That sort of detriments any sort of advantage the player has gained by beating the other hero, and stops progress.

It seems quite hard to get people for this sometimes, I kind of wonder whether if maybe the heroes were in a hero arena or something whether it would allow more players to get acquainted with the heroes? Just a thought as they are nicely designed heroes.

Level 3
This map have very mush same spell like dota just spell nick changed and damage. Map to big for hero arena very long way to your base and becose this map boring. Dude can you make own map?

well i like the map size and for that there are Teleporters to the lanes and from minibases to the principal base
you just need to learn how to play it and then you can enjoy it :D

"Fisrt time is always hard" then you learn how to enjoy

Level 3
The lag problem is indeed annoying. Whenever I fix it in one place it seems to pop back up in another. For now try sticking with a 3v3 or smaller match-up and there shouldn't be nearly as much lag. I'm trying different triggers to figure out what exactly is causing it.

And the observatories give a large area of sight, kind of like a constantly casted level 3 Far Sight in ladder (but without revealing invisible units). There was an idea a little while back of adding to the Observatory a weak fountain healing effect, which would of course heal at a slower rate than an actual base fountain. However we deemed this to be not balance-able. I'm sure there's more ideas though.

Oh and to maareek, good eye for spotting the Mountain King primary attribute typo.

* I think the observatories give enough advantage at the moment - +150 gold on capture and a nice view over the "jungle" area is great.

* The Dryad seems to be a little overpowered (damn it, you might be going to nerf him :() -> it's easy to nearly if not completely max it's movement speed and to get a really big attack speed. This in combination with slow poison attack and increase agillity skill makes him a very fast and strong hero. Also it has a too big range and a very small projectile so you can attack opponents without them noticing and when they notice it's easy for you to catch up with him because of your slow poison and big speed. I think you should nerf this hero a lot (although I don't like you to, because I use him very often).

* I don't know if you've meant this, but an opponent can actually pick up your dropped items at your spawn, because the fountain is too slow to kill you for that. It's pretty nasty to have to drop items when making a recipe and an opponent fetches your items away.

* The level 20-30 jungle creatures are a little bit bugged. With a fast enough hero you can attack it a while, while moving backwards. After a while it will return to it's spawn spot and you can kill him without taking a single hit. This makes it easy farming and I think you haven't meant it to be easy :).

* Compliments on the Skink, it's well-balanced and very unique. The catapult can be used in many ways and the companion might look the same as the ultimate skinks, but he's a lot different and very useful for spying or acting as a shield. Maybe you should colour the companion different?

* Compliments on the spirit who appears when you die - it's a very funny feature, especially when someone doesn't know about it :).

* The Skink can throw it's dead body with the catapult - I think this is a bug. Whenever you die next to your catapult this bug is possible. And the bug can be a little bit more exploited: I once threw a living copy of my skink when I died close to the catapult. It never happened twice though, so it might be rare.

* Troll Priest is overpowered. First of all he has three nuke skills, THREE! You can nearly one hit kill opponents of around L15-20, when L15-20, which is too strong. Even late game he does a lot of damage.

* Troll Priest Frostbite is almost the same as Winter Bolt, since they both stun and do damage. Only the way of casting (Frostbite AoE and Winter Bolt single target) is different and the amount of damage, mana cost and cooldown. For me it feels like Frostbite is better than his Winter Bolt since it costs less mana, has lower cooldown and still does massive damage, even AoE damage! I think one of the two skills should be replaced (like you did with a lot of skills in the 0.97 patch).

* Jungling gives too fast, too much xp and money. There is a group of monsters, those of L8-10, that are not too strong for a L10-15 & up, but earn nearly 750g per group, 1500 (not sure about the amounts) when the two groups on the map are killed, and they give a lot of xp. I think you should lower xp and gold gain on this creep group.

* Jungling is a little too easy. Most creeps are easily killed and are only worth bothering for xp in later levels since they don't earn a lot of money (only the creep group mentioned above). I think the spawns must be more difficult.

* The first unit you hit in jungling sometimes (quite often) runs away. This way you can kill the toughest jungle-creep without him attacking you. I think this bug should be fixed.

* I don't know which hero and what skill, but there is a hero that can make other heroes fly away. With this skill, he can make people get stuck. This should be fixed (like the unstuck skill in DotA perhaps?).

I will give more feedback in the future, when Ive played it more (though I have already played a lot of games :p).

Gr. Max

Last edited:
Level 3
List of suggestions:
- New hero with counter-attack skills:
*Projectile Net: Creates a net that absorbs projectiles on contact and explodes when destroyed.
*Pallas Shield: Hero goes in shielded mode giving him x bonus to defense and reflecting any ranged damage to the attacker. Slows movement speed of hero.
*Red vs. Blue: Any damage done to the hero burns equal mana of the attacker.
Ultimate: Destiny Bond: 33% chance that the attacker who has killed you dies too.

- Changes:
* Change colour of Skink Companion.
* Remove either Frostbite or Winter Shot for the Ice Priest.

Level 1
Rejoice! We can now say that Dota has copied Smota, the new heart has the 1% hp that soul core has.
In all seriousness, storm panda needs a nerf to the ult, 50 damage a sec, 6 sec cd, 125 mana, a slow, truesight, and stacking up to 3 is just too much. it is pretty much the only spell he needs after 11. At least 1 of these has to go, or nerf 2 aspects of it. my prefrence would be to bump up the mana considerably at higher levels (125/200/275/350) and take off truesight. it kills waves for less than his other skills and heros that can go invis shouldn't die just because he can blink to their escape path and detect them multiple times in succesion.

Level 2
I'd like to inform everyone that as a member of TSMA I am promoting SMotA with my GHost++ bot, Drew_GHost. If you check Clan TSMA you may see it there. Check to see if it is auto-hosting SMotA sometime (you may want to use /whois).

----------------
Now playing: Mest - Lost, Broken, Confused

Level 8
Great game very fun just failure idiot kids come in thinking its dota and fills up games leaves immediately after. Can't even get a 2v2 going, unless they are your friends. Sorry all your hard work went unused.

Well what can I say another Dota-like map... i'm seriously sick of these and mainly dota it self (way too overrated). The terrain was average~lacking. I like the way the items are combined not to complex. I can't say much of the heroes or skills since i played it only once but I doubt it's balanced I played with the ghost charter which was pretty much overpowered in my opinion. The only AoS map I like and recommend to everybody is Megalith 1.5 I think it's not uploaded here so if u wanna see it just google it.