• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Small Village

i believe i promised, back then some years ago to someone that i'll update this to have better animations, well, i've done it now.

Its a village model just a couple houses put togheter and i think it turned out quite nice.
Has one attachment point called lantern.

i think its best when scaled to 0.50

If used in a map then, making some note about me as the creator
of it would be nice :)

changed death and the decay anim, but the decay smoke show's rather weakly,
sorry for that(effects are PaIN)

Keywords:
Small village,small,village,town,city,home,house,houses,buildings.
Contents

Small Village (Model)

Reviews
19:08, 29th May 2009 Pyritie: Looks pretty decent I guess. Although I don't really see the point of one model instead of separate ones.
Level 6
CRAP, you all are bastards, don't you see that you CAN'T just CANT make this combo for a simple UNIT, not doodad, i mean UNIIITT!!!!

lol it's pissing me off when I see this model on the front page all the time... especially when nothing's changed about it, I'm trying to keep my anger in check here, because I think this is a very poor model and reflects badly on this site :(

I don't see how this is useful. If it had a death animation, I would totally agree it has some use, but without it, it's just a doodad. And a doodad model made of in-game doodads... is pointless. Maybe if this model had peasants walking around or birds circling overhead or something, maybe then it would be useful w/o a death animation, but it doesn't have that either.

Level 6
Willy have a better idea for that model

instead of the houses add attachment points so you can use your own buildings to form a unit

and when it goes to death animation make it like the attachment points go down so the houses collapse

Level 6
@Flowerofspeech
Theres way worse models then this one. Today i had the idea of maybe creating settler of catan for wc3. And now i find this model which would work great for a village. Now i would only need one with more or bigger houses for the city.

Ofcourse it is not useful for alot of things, but every project needs some sort of rescource.

Level 4
This isn't useless at all, it can be used to make a village a single building for maps like civ, WWIII, etc.

I think it's a great idea, my only comment is that there should be more buildings and maybe small objects added to make it look more like a village.

I give it a... 4/5

Level 8
The main argument for this being rejected or set back to pending is that it doesn't exactly meet the guidelines for an actual model, as it's a simple geomerge.

I guess there aren't any rules for the quality of the model, actually.

edit: Ohcrap, I didn't realize how old this was. Thanks Just_spectating.

Last edited: