• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slashcraft 2.1.9

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Slashcraft 2.1.9

Game style:
  • 2D fighting

Map info:
  • This is the first fighting game styled Warcraft 3 map.
  • It was mostly influenced by Mortal Kombat and KwonHo.

Features:
  • 10 champions
  • in-game hotkey list (accessible even while fighting)
  • champion descriptions (replacing quests)
  • several game modes and further options
  • game settings displayed in a multiboard (if the text 'Settings' flashes, P1 is checking the options)
  • unique champion selection with a difficulty meter for new players
  • an AI (playing as Morse Explorer, one of the champions) to test it in single player mode

Interface:
  • time and wins are displayed at the top
  • buttons indicate hotkeys (players are supposed to use only the keyboard)
  • visible buttons indicate cooldown
  • cooldown of the invisible button (which is made visible by a normal attack) is indicated by a small light
  • colored health bars indicating the players' health with their own color, and the enemies' health with a small line

Moves:
  • every champion has a normal attack, two special moves and one unique ability (these are different for each champion)
  • jump - enables the champion to evade attacks (some attacks can't be evaded)
  • block - if timed well, blocks half of the incoming damage

Hotkeys and cooldowns:
  • Q Attack - 0.5s
  • W Special 1 - 2.5s
  • Q+W Special 2 - 2.0s
  • E Unique - 25.0s

• UP Jump - 2.0s
  • DOWN Block - 3.0s

Settings:
  • arena can be picked
  • game mode can be chosen
  • damage output can be increased or decreased
  • collision can be turned on and off

Game modes:
  • Pirate Assault - every few seconds the ship in the background fires its cannon targeting a random point in the arena
  • Scorching Sun - the sun is so hot that the champions are burned red and eventually die if they don't cool themselves with the water that randomly comes up from the ground

• Acid Rain - decreases the life of every champion each second
  • Tempest - everything turns dark, the only time you are able to see your enemy is when a lightning illuminates the area

• Lambageddon - every few seconds a sheep falls down from the sky, dealing damage to nearby champions

Background Music:
  • KwonHo battle song

Additional information
initial upload

camera shakes when damage is dealt
changed Banshee's name to Spirit Adept
added Enchanted Moth as an availible champion
the attack sound delay got shorter when Forsaken Assassin attacks
once a champion dies, the victorious champion will immediately face the camera
fixed a bug where an additional spell would pop up if you immediately toggled Special 2 after jumping

changed the Enchanted Moth's Unique
added a short description about every champion
made the text on the loading screen somewhat shorter
jump time has been decreased, animation remains the same
added the hotkeys to the buttons as well, as people refuse to read the tutorial for some reason

minor modifications in the interface
moved the hotkey description to a different location
changed High Tide Ripper's S2 when he has his servitor fighting
fixed a bug in the High Tide Ripper's movement with his servitor
the champion controllers are initially selected, so you have more time to get to know the controls

created custom buttos
changed Player 1's color to yellow
added Stormy Invader as an availible champion
Enchanted Moth's orbs are now invisible, S2's damage is decreased
fixed a bug where players would be able to start moves before the game started
decreased the amount of time the victorious champion waits before facing the camera

created three game modes
added Magmatic Ursidae as an avilible champion
the time a unit is considered jumping has been decreased
fixed a bug where Stormy Invader was able to teleport out of the arena
increased Stormy Invader's ultimate's damage, and decreased its duration
decreased the delay between the laying of Raging Brand's S1 and the actual explosion

added Maverick Automaton as an avilible champion
replaced the champion labels with a difficulty meter
Magmatic Ursidae's S1 sphere is removed when a champion dies
enabled rotation to every direction from first champion at champion selection
modified the order of champions in the descriptions to fit the champion selection

added a new game mode
added the ability to block
increased Morse Explorer's S2's damage
Enchanted Moth's S2 has a short casting time
changed the special effect on Magmatic Ursidae's S1
Stormy Invader's and High Tide Ripper's S1 and S2 moves have been switched
Maverick Automaton is now slowed while launching S2 when its Unique is active
S2 is no longer triggered by pressing the down arrow key, now you have to combine attack with S1

High Tide Ripper's S2 damages jumping units as well
Raging Brand's S2 no longer damages him if he's at or below 3 health
enabled players to test the map in single player mode against the Morse Explorer

the AI's name is now Morse Explorer
changed Shepherd of Fall's S1 to a heal
Forsaken Assassin's S1 now turns him invisible
Magmatic Ursidae's unique only deals half the damage to him
Morse Explorer's unique no longer stuns, it makes the enemy unable to move instead
reduced cooldowns and players don't have to wait as long as earlier before moving after an attack
P1's life bar is on the left, and P2' life bar is on the right side, indicating their own and the enemy's health

champion slots have been reduced to 10
reduced High Tide Ripper's unique's duration
the AI no longer tries to evade invisible things
fixed the bug that made people unable to play the map online
once a champion dies, the victorious champion can no longer receive damage from moves like Morse Explorer's S1
extended the block time to one second, reduced its cooldown and fixed the bug when you died even though you blocked enough damage to stay alive

enabled blocking while jumping
added the ability to restart the game
reduced High Tide Ripper's S2's damage
changed the order of the champion descriptions
replaced the Enchanted Moth with Engulfing Matter
redesigned game mode selection and added further game settings

jumps take longer
changed descriptions
reduced block's cooldown
set Forsaken Assassin's difficulty to 3
changed Raging Brand's S2 and unique
decreased the number of spectators to one
replaced High Tide Ripper with Sanctified Panda
slightly increased Spirit Adept's unique's damage
slowed the basic attack to make it easier to cast S2
Morse Explorer's unique is now his S2, he has a new unique
Morse Explorer's S1 now targets the ground in front of the enemy
damage 'amplifier' is now 'output' and its values are 50% - 100% - 150%
movement speeds are now added and substracted instead of set to a value
Forsaken Assassin's S2 is now able to immediately deal damage if it's layed close to the enemy
fixed the bug where Player 2's camera was initially pointed at the second champion instead of the sixth
created a new system to hinder collision, if both champions are jumping, they will collide with each other

added background music
changed the order of champions
changed Forsaken Assassin's unique
movement speed is increased while jumping
fixed the bug in Spirit Adept's unique's slow
fixed a minor bug in Morse Explorer's S2's slow
changed the 'Spectators' force name to 'Spectator'
champions can no longer be teleported out of the arena
Sanctified Panda's unique no longer gets the AI bugged
fixed the bug where Tempest mode didn't restart each round

added a new arena
removed the spectator
changed the background music
every arena will have 2 unique game modes
Shepherd of Fall has a completely new skill set
slightly decreased Forsaken Assassin's unique's delay
Forsaken Assassin's S1 now doesn't add speed, it sets it to a value
disabled the Lambageddon game mode until the release of a third arena, but created two new ones for the latest one
once a new round starts and a champion casts a spell, it'll no longer start walking if the player hasn't pressed either left or right

changed Raging Brand's unique
Raging Brand's difficulty went up to 4
removed the glow and orb from Raging Brand's model

added shadows
enhanced the collision system
changed champion description order
replaced Maverick Automaton with Floral Trainee
replaced Magmatic Ursidae with High Tide Ripper
fixed a damage related bug in Engulfing Matter's S2
reduced the casting time of Engulfing Matter's Unique
changed Engulfing Matter's model and a minor special effect
changed Shepherd of Fall's Unique's system to make it work while having shadows
Keywords:
Slashcraft Fighting Game Mortal Kombat Street Fighter
Contents

Slashcraft 2.1.9 (Map)

Reviews
10:45, 23rd Jul 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 7
this unique map.... i like it

What happen with skills tooltip ? i must read the info tab to know about hero skills :(
plz add skill tooltip..just simple and not to much coz it will consume view.

Why you use bad model !!!
i'm not sure about the hero model..
why not use Good model like : balanar ,Magina,arthas,blademaster.
magma model will be firelord

why not use tinker model to clockwerk hero its will better thousand time.

Plz keep update this map
and create more hero ! if you can plz c8 better hero
add some stun,slow,dmg reduction into skill also good.
remember to keep balance

Last
about Block mechanism..
its better to block more dmg and add stun/slow/etc to attacker.so the blocker can counter attack..

coz its seem block its useless
my friend just keep spam attack move with "ancient Tree" and i can't do anything...when try i block ..i still got dmg and he still spam attack move

Level 9
this unique map.... i like it

What happen with skills tooltip ? i must read the info tab to know about hero skills :(
plz add skill tooltip..just simple and not to much coz it will consume view.

Why you use bad model !!!
i'm not sure about the hero model..
why not use Good model like : balanar ,Magina,arthas,blademaster.
magma model will be firelord

why not use tinker model to clockwerk hero its will better thousand time.

Plz keep update this map
and create more hero ! if you can plz c8 better hero
add some stun,slow,dmg reduction into skill also good.
remember to keep balance

Last
about Block mechanism..
its better to block more dmg and add stun/slow/etc to attacker.so the blocker can counter attack..

coz its seem block its useless
my friend just keep spam attack move with "ancient Tree" and i can't do anything...when try i block ..i still got dmg and he still spam attack move

Can't make tooltips, as every champion has the same spell. They are all triggered, but there are only 4 abilities. I'd have to add the description of every champion to one ability. That'd be weird.
As for models, I've been trying to keep it as neutral as possible. Also, it's not all about models, but animation as well - it somehow has to fit the abilities.
Stunning is something I've tried earlier but it just doesn't want to work the way I want it because of my other triggers. I'd be able to make it, but blocking and stunning at the same time seems pointless. It's like giving the edge to some champions that have melee abilities. I mean, blocking damage that comes from further away and stunning the opponent at a random distant point is rather weird - unless he's in front of you. Then again, champions like Stormy Invader who has a kick-ass Unique would be way too overpowered. Imagine the enemy trying to deal damage to you, you happen to press down in the right second, stunning the enemy, activating your Unique and there goes the fight.
Block is an ability that makes you receive only half of the damage for a second if I remember well. I might add an option to decrease it to 0, though. Good idea.

Level 9
Well, the fire spawn's death animation is quite nice. Try to make a fire storm with it. For example. At the center it creates a fire spawn around 2.0 scaling value then instantly kill it to play death animation and makes an uplifting spiral of flames.

It's similar to the first one that I had replaced, but it seems to work. It's better than the current one, so I'll go with this idea. Thanks.

Level 10
Suggestion: In the settings, add an option to toggle different songs aswell. Switch songs and what not.

Level 16
According to one of the mods targeting only the Hive community is bullshit, I have to think of those who are on BNet or whatever. Some people never see this page on Hive, so they'll be getting it from other players.

First of all, the mod is correct... but, if its for Bnet you just cant decide what country you want it specific to. That's rude :ogre_rage: So you made a game for your own country?.. no one does that, the map is for everyone to play right? then listen to our advice

Level 9
First of all, the mod is correct... but, if its for Bnet you just cant decide what country you want it specific to. That's rude :ogre_rage: So you made a game for your own country?.. no one does that, the map is for everyone to play right? then listen to our advice

I don't really give a flying fuck about my country. I'm simply thinking of those who have weaker connection. By doing so, both those guys will have a playable map that can be downloaded fast and the players with a better connection will have the same. If I didn't care about the file size, the players with weaker connections would be in a disadvantage. I'm everyone equally.
Imagine someone get kicked because downloading the map would take them longer than the host expects.
I'm listening to your advice, that's what brought the map to where it is now. I consider every idea, and if I think it fits in, I update the map accordingly.

Last edited:
Level 9
at end of the round..
can you make the winner facing directly to our screen and play some unit animation... myb little effect and extra zoom...

like real fighting game at end of the round

At one point I already did an intro thingy with the champions talking and whatever, but I never uploaded that version because I ended up removing it.
I think your idea is totally doable, so I'll give it a go.

Level 4
I don't think the fire guy works properly, he takes dmg from spells before they reach him and the atk don't deal dmg on enemys (but in himself)

Also a 2v2 would be fun, and maybe adding one more skill to each champion

great map btw

hunalexnl is right, I mean just look at the maps on b.net and garena, only really popular maps have a huge file size because people have played that map before and it's of good quality and at that point, most people will download any new version, just like dota.
However, for new projects, it would not be wise to import too many things, the initial version should be really light and easy to access and if you see a lot of activity, you can start importing more stuff if you so desire.
Also please calm down everyone, don't start a flame war now.

Level 16
hunalexnl is right, I mean just look at the maps on b.net and garena, only really popular maps have a huge file size because people have played that map before and it's of good quality and at that point, most people will download any new version, just like dota.
However, for new projects, it would not be wise to import too many things, the initial version should be really light and easy to access and if you see a lot of activity, you can start importing more stuff if you so desire.
Also please calm down everyone, don't start a flame war now.

That's not always right. Take a look at most of the new ORPGs. All of them have nearly the biggest size and they are popular just like TKoK or Gaias. These maps are both came out with 7-8Mb size.

Level 9
Is this really an update? O_O

Yup, was getting time, ha?
I'm planning to update it to 2.2.0 and get it reviewed once more time, hoping the mod rating could go up to 5. What do you think, are there any chances of that happening? ;o
Might even start the whole map from scratch at some point in the distant future... There are things in the system that bother me, it could be better, but it requires me to re-do the whole thing.

Level 1
Yup, was getting time, ha?
I'm planning to update it to 2.2.0 and get it reviewed once more time, hoping the mod rating could go up to 5. What do you think, are there any chances of that happening? ;o
Might even start the whole map from scratch at some point in the distant future... There are things in the system that bother me, it could be better, but it requires me to re-do the whole thing.

A complete remake would take a lot of time, I'm sure, but as long as the concept stays pretty much the same, you might just strike gold (5/5)

Level 9
Okay, I've just given up. The thing I wanted to fix was the movement system - minor improvement with a lot of work, but I just can't make it.
Whenever you press left or right, the champions instantly face that direction (that's the current version). Using a different system, they'd first turn, even though I'm using the 'move unit and face point instantly' action. If I want to turn a unit around and use the earlier mentioned action to do so, why the hell does it take like a second to actually turn around first? Jeez... They start walking instantly, that's not the problem, but damn it, I don't want to see them actually turn around.

Sooo, 2.1.9 is pretty much the last version you guys will be seeing from this map.

Level 1
Okay, I've just given up. The thing I wanted to fix was the movement system - minor improvement with a lot of work, but I just can't make it.
Whenever you press left or right, the champions instantly face that direction (that's the current version). Using a different system, they'd first turn, even though I'm using the 'move unit and face point instantly' action. If I want to turn a unit around and use the earlier mentioned action to do so, why the hell does it take like a second to actually turn around first? Jeez... They start walking instantly, that's not the problem, but damn it, I don't want to see them actually turn around.

Sooo, 2.1.9 is pretty much the last version you guys will be seeing from this map.

Merry Christmas to you too, hunalex XD

Level 16
I have a little idea. I was playing Bleach M.U.G.E.N. ~.~. I was with evil rukia and for pressing 2 times the movement towards the enemy she dashed and cut everything in her way. Maybe you could add the characters something like that. For example double up for engulfing matter and he strikes down or double backwards for the fire brand to teleport to the other side of the battlefield.

Level 9
I have a little idea. I was playing Bleach M.U.G.E.N. ~.~. I was with evil rukia and for pressing 2 times the movement towards the enemy she dashed and cut everything in her way. Maybe you could add the characters something like that. For example double up for engulfing matter and he strikes down or double backwards for the fire brand to teleport to the other side of the battlefield.

At some point of making the map I added this kinda double tap thing, it was a dash, but I decided to remove it. It does seem like a nice addition to the map, but the main problem is that I'd have to come up with 10 new abilities that fit the champions. That's a real pain. :p It was already difficult to come up with 3 for each.

Level 16
At some point of making the map I added this kinda double tap thing, it was a dash, but I decided to remove it. It does seem like a nice addition to the map, but the main problem is that I'd have to come up with 10 new abilities that fit the champions. That's a real pain. :p It was already difficult to come up with 3 for each.

Aaaaand that's where I can help you a lot :D
In my ORPG there will be 141 abilities just for the heroes. There will be a great choice of abilities. It was hard but I made it. 10 new abilities will be no problem.
Edit:

Aaaaand here you are:
HeroSkillActivation
Morse ExplolerIce Dash: A very fast dash that slows and damages the enemy.double forward
Stormy InvaderLightning Strike: A gigantic charged lightning towards the enmy.double forward
Forsaken AssassinShuriken Storm: Shurikens spinning around the assassin.double down
High Tide RipperWater Blades: Sends water blades in both directions(Appearance: for example my Cutting Edge spell).double down
Spirit AdeptSpirit Gatherer: Creates spirits at random directions and heights. The spirits start closing in. Upon collosion they drain hp from enemy and heal the Spirit Adept.double down
Floral TraineeAvalanche: Like the DotA Avalanche but looks better and starts from a side of the screen.double backward
Sanctified PandaBreath of Fire: Like the original Breath of Fire but blows it faster and looks better(-90 degree spin on breath of fire effect?).double forward
Engulfing MatterEternal Darkness: Creates shadow projectiles(Obsidian Destroyer Missile) at a distance closing in and damaging the enemy.double down
Raging BrandBombardment: Jumps up then a phoenix grabs the Brand, after a short flight the phoenix launches the brand toward the enemy.double up
Shepherd of FallUproot: Travels to the other side of the arena.double backward

Let me know if you need other ideas.

Last edited:
Level 9
Aaaaand that's where I can help you a lot :D
In my ORPG there will be 141 abilities just for the heroes. There will be a great choice of abilities. It was hard but I made it. 10 new abilities will be no problem.
Edit:

Aaaaand here you are:
HeroSkillActivation
Morse ExplolerIce Dash: A very fast dash that slows and damages the enemy.double forward
Stormy InvaderLightning Strike: A gigantic charged lightning towards the enmy.double forward
Forsaken AssassinShuriken Storm: Shurikens spinning around the assassin.double down
High Tide RipperWater Blades: Sends water blades in both directions(Appearance: for example my Cutting Edge spell).double down
Spirit AdeptSpirit Gatherer: Creates spirits at random directions and heights. The spirits start closing in. Upon collosion they drain hp from enemy and heal the Spirit Adept.double down
Floral TraineeAvalanche: Like the DotA Avalanche but looks better and starts from a side of the screen.double backward
Sanctified PandaBreath of Fire: Like the original Breath of Fire but blows it faster and looks better(-90 degree spin on breath of fire effect?).double forward
Engulfing MatterEternal Darkness: Creates shadow projectiles(Obsidian Destroyer Missile) at a distance closing in and damaging the enemy.double down
Raging BrandBombardment: Jumps up then a phoenix grabs the Brand, after a short flight the phoenix launches the brand toward the enemy.double up
Shepherd of FallUproot: Travels to the other side of the arena.double backward

Let me know if you need other ideas.

Thanks a bunch for your input. I think I'll add them in the future, but for now, I'm taking a short break from Slashcraft. I think I'll be able to get back to this in a few weeks, once I have more time (effin exams)! ;o