• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skin displays ok in WC3 Viewer, but bugs in WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
ok, i've made this model and its texture, and as you can see it displays alright in the wc3 viewer. but after i import it in the World Editor, the skin displays kinda inside out or something... :

helprxm.jpg

How do I fix this?

Level 6
are you sure that there is no backfaces on your model? backfaces are invisible ingame.

Level 5
So, basically, it may be that I created it all inside out in 3D Studio? I don't understand how have I done this... In 3ds, as you create the faces, the bright red face is the front face and the darker red face is the back, right?

I'm guessing the materials were automatically set to blend for some reason.

Possible solution:
1. Download this software.
2. Run the model using that software.
3. Click on Windows and choose Material Manager.
4. When editing the materials that uses the model's custom skin, change the filter mode to None or Transparent.
5. Save the model and test it in WE.

Level 5
I'm guessing the materials were automatically set to blend for some reason.

Possible solution:
1. Download this software.
2. Run the model using that software.
3. Click on Windows and choose Material Manager.
4. When editing the materials that uses the model's custom skin, change the filter mode to None or Transparent.
5. Save the model and test it in WE.

Didn't work =/
That filter was already set to None. I also tried setting it to transparent but neither of those worked.
One thing: I editted the actual .mdl file myself to add the texture. Maybe I did something wrong?

I'll attach the .mdl file.

Attachments

• forestberserker.mdl
    452.9 KB · Views: 47
Level 5
All the faces are facing backwards, I dont know how to "properly" fix it, but you can always set the texture to 2 sided, here ya go.. (that means its still rendering on the inside)

thank you, thats good to know :D
It partially solves the problem, yea... but would be nice to know what I've done wrong, because I don't wanna have to use double sided textures everytime I model...

Status
Not open for further replies.